Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground (57637 Views)

President Buhari Prays With Osinbajo, Okorocha And Others (Photo) / Saraki Prays With Buhari, Sanusi And The King Of Morocco (Photo) / Osinbajo Prays With Surviving Children Of Ocholi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Yunus2012(m): 5:45am On Jul 29, 2015
TeamSimple:
If am to judge by the contributions of some christians on any religious thread, considering Christianity will never cross my mind. They just have a very negative approach to what they intend to pass across (The Gospel). So arrogant and hypocrite. Even on threads that does not concern them (like this present thread) they still hang around to make nuisance of themselves,thinking they know the religion more than its followers and theirs is a perfect 'religion'. The amazing thing is that their acts makes it easy for you to consider Islam rather than forbid it. The same way they kept preaching to me and persuading me to become a christian when I was a free soul while castigating other religious beliefs(Islam expecialy). But instead their preachings made me more interested in Islam than the christianity product they came to sell to me. I began research about Islam while I also listened to their (christianity) preachings objectively. Before I new it I made my deicision on 1st of January 2008 and ever since then have never left out a single solat. Alhamdulilah am a Muslim. I don't care the blasphemy and mischief they make towards the religion,all I know is have found inner peace and so has my family. Allahu Akbar.

I say alhamdullilah on your behalf. The problem is that what most can not apply in their daily life is what they agreed to in Christianity. If anyone comes with a business proposal and sweet talk yiu , you are expected to do YOUR OWN RESEARCH to confirm what he is saying. But people who are sold Christianity NEVER research what they are being told. They just swallow it hook line sinker. And there will be no excuse for them when God question them.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by iliasaa(m): 6:19am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:
change..... change...... change........ shocked shocked shocked shocked

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin
The amount those queens spend on whitenlicious would be mind boggling. grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge
women praying in the back row does not signify relegation of women. Do u know that human nature always play a great role in life. Imagine women in the front of men. Naturally it will cause distractions. So islam been a perfect religion as to find ways of removing the anomalies
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by toltee4real: 6:36am On Jul 29, 2015
This is truly END TIME, but this is a very big question for the chief Imam of Oyo. it is wrong by ISLAMIC INJUNCTION for women to miss up with women, most especially during worship. May Allah forgive us all.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Cutehector(m): 6:51am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:

you have a very valid point.. people like Mr cork and cutehector always rush to seat with those kinda ladies.
mornin fine gerl... kiss
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by closetoyou(f): 7:03am On Jul 29, 2015
sweatlana:

pleasssse SHUT UP!!!

ISLAM ALL OVER THE WORLD IS THE MOST OPPRESSIVE RELIGION AGAINST WOMEN.

Ishba and honour killings to name a few!

If I have nothing to be thankful for I thank God for being born a CHRISTIAN.
Please who called u? Uninformed educated illiterate.. .. Lol
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by closetoyou(f): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2015
It's so obvious, some of ur mums rule d home, dats y u want women to b in front.. Some people can't think at all except for negative thoughts. Shio
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by adepiero: 7:30am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:

so what happens when this "law" is broken as exemplified by this oba or king.. and his wives
The Kings action is not Islamic and the Cleric ought to know better by sending the women to the back row instead of allowing the prayer to go on.

I'll blame the cleric and the women instead of the bleached King angry
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 29, 2015
[size=18pt]I am loving this.
Islam needs change. It is a highly bigoted (and dangerous) religion.
Kudos to the Oba grin grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by BALLOSKI: 7:47am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge
we love our women, we respect them, we hold them in high esteem . Women are not to be dragged around, they shouldn't be seen running around- thus bring their value down. Unlike you xtains that allow women to work to share family responsiblity , our Muslim women are to be provided for even if they are rich .

Women are not relegated to the background in Islam, but they're respected.

The picture below shows how you disrespect women in your religion.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by nortcentrallord(m): 7:53am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:

who am I to judge

Hahahahahaha, only in prayers are they regulated. In the room, they are more usefull. Kai! Islam ooooo.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by lawlahbammy(f): 7:58am On Jul 29, 2015
allanphash7:
#iranu
abasha...grin
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2015
ezeagu:
More shocked at the amount of bleaching.

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by sheffyUTD(m): 8:10am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:

who am I to judge

Ignorance has no substitute, seek to know before you criticize. Women are not relegated as you're made to believe. Just simply, no to free mixing!
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by TeamSimple(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2015
Yunus2012:
[color=#770077][/color]
I say alhamdullilah on your behalf. The problem is that what most can not apply in their daily life is what they agreed to in Christianity. If anyone comes with a business proposal and sweet talk yiu , you are expected to do YOUR OWN RESEARCH to confirm what he is saying. But people who are sold Christianity NEVER research what they are being told. They just swallow it hook line sinker. And there will be no excuse for them when God question them.
And have come to realise that the larger percentage of christians we have are worshipers who came to be because they were born into the religion,because its their parents religion. When we look at statistics of those that searched and gracefuly convert,you see we have more Islam converts than christianity.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by AbdH: 8:20am On Jul 29, 2015
Akinz0126:
Well the Yoruba muslims doesn't give a damn about that.The northerners believed that they are the only true muslim who strictly uphold the doctrine of islam.For the yoruba and other tribe muslim,the northerners believed that they are just observing the faith without knowing what to actually be a be a muslim entails.unlike in yoruba extended family were both christians and muslims are siblings,husband and wife uphold different faith,you can never see such in the north.a situation were yoruba muslim convert to christian with ease without persecution of any kind if its were to be in the north,if care is not taking,he/she may end up losing his/her dear life.One of my northern friend told me that in islam,they are permitted to date the girls of other faith with the believe that the girl in question would change her faith on the long run.But islam forbid hausa muslim girls to date another faith wereas in yoruba land it is not done that way both christians,muslims,budhist,hindu etc can date em sef in the west.For the bible says"Love is the greatest"so therefore,Let love lead.
Please stop writing nonsense. That man and his wives are totally wrong and are deserving of some real admonition.
Leave other tribes out of this, that some Muslims act stupidly here does not make their actions right. Islam does not forbid Hausa Muslim women from getting married across board but all Muslim women. Nonetheless, some northern Muslim women also marry Christians but they don't make noise about it.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Akinz0126(m): 8:35am On Jul 29, 2015
AbdH:

Please stop writing nonsense. That man and his wives are totally wrong and are deserving of some real admonition.
Leave other tribes out of this, that some Muslims act stupidly here does not make their actions right. Islam does not forbid Hausa Muslim women from getting married across board but all Muslim women. Nonetheless, some northern Muslim women also marry Christians but they don't make noise about it.

Oga no vex which muslim northerner married a christian without converting the person in question to muslim?pls I do not involve my sef in baseless argument let's call a spade a spade.Why must you be giving free hand to date christians girls wereas your muslim girls are not permitted to date the other faith.sha e surpose be vis-avise?why not date your muslim counterpert and live the christian ladies alone?
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by ksbusari(m): 8:41am On Jul 29, 2015
INTVERT:

who am I to judge
women r nt permitted to observe solat in d front row wit Men and this does nt mean Women r relegated. Hw would u feel if u see a women yasnh at ur front. Use ur head.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Akinz0126(m): 9:04am On Jul 29, 2015
Klin1:

see this otondo left leg.......u re talking about ur falsehood without considering others opinion.....anyways, let me refute ur claims.
1) Islam frown at dating (fornication) which I dont know who is feeding ur emty brain with.
2) Did I hear u say d Yorubas can associate easly and accommodate there differences in term of religion......big lie......ONLY the Yoruba Muslim will allow his Christian wife live with him hitch free.. the likes of Fashola, Tinubu, and host of others BUT ur Christian Yoruba Husband wil never allow His Wife practice Islam under d same roof wit him..
3) Your accusing the Hausa Muslim of not been tolarance in association with there spouses interms or religion.....Ur Sandy brain should also ask u same with SS and SE brethren of how they treat t any of there love once when dey embrace Islam.....
.............PEACE

Brahhahahahahahahah I laugh in hawaii.So islam frown @ fornication ehn I never knew ooo pls tell me more.Dumbass brainwashed fellas.I don't time for Religious bigot like you
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by igweamaka85(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2015
Na wa o! Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by bejeria101(m): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2015
Demmocrats:
I truly want to understand what the op is saying, so its a crime for women to be there or what. anyway sha Alaafin still looks so young signs of good life.
www.

I wonder o! Pple no fit pray again ni?
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by free37: 9:32am On Jul 29, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2015
electron:

Islam is a perfect religion, a total way of life. What Alaafin did is not acceptable in Islam.
I am not against Islam, who am I to judge? but my friend imagine a world without Islam, don't you think it will be peaceful?? More women will become fulfilled, girls will go to school, there will be peace in the north, Asia,Europe.. Cause if you check out most recent bombings or terrorist acts they are related to Islam . you see other religion can coexist without hitches, but Islam cannot coexist with other religion. But I do love the way the yoruba Muslims behave
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by andreernest28(m): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2015
dis are d real men
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by dblaisepascal(m): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2015
Islam' a religion of Blood suckers'. Call me an extremist' I am of d camp of Gideon' anyone against God's own children must surely die.....GOLLIATH was of d camp of Ishmael
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by olayinka63: 10:03am On Jul 29, 2015
INTROVERT:

who am I to judge

They are not relegated, other are protected from evil of zina. standing with ones wife is not a crime in Islam but when it regards prayer the appropriate place for women is the back row and is the most rewarding for them. don't ask further your brain can not cope with this
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by souljaboi51(m): 10:10am On Jul 29, 2015
lmaoooooo grin grin grin
baby124:
In Yorubaland women are not cattle. Yeye OP. So what if women are praying in front. Instead of you to face your God you are looking yansh.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by bqlekan(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2015
i have decided against commenting on the thread topic for security reasons
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by HaroldFinch(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God there's no discrimination in Christianity, the God of women is the God of men. Women should be allowed to pray where they want.
It's not discrimination, and the earlier you understand the reasons, the more you'll find love in your Bible as well. I personally think the 'real' discrimination against women is more pronounced in the Bible. Don't judge us if you're not part of us, cos you don't understand us. :-)
:-D
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by HaroldFinch(m): 11:39am On Jul 29, 2015
It's called sadd dharia. Cutting it from the source. When both sexes are easily mixed in religious gatherings, it could sway other people's genuine intentions to worship. Plus, every religion has its own set of rules. That was a flagrant violation. It's pretty common nowadays when we all call ourselves true worshippers. Showing off is the in thing now, even the churches are not spared. Let's be tolerant about religious views. Stop fighting over cheap points.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Mosh1: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God there's no discrimination in Christianity, the God of women is the God of men. Women should be allowed to pray where they want.
There is never a discrimination in Islam,this is just a way of worship as prescribed in Islamic doctrine.I bet u won`t like the result of what can happen if otherwise. Stories of Sex scandals in churches even to the top-Vatican church in Rome is not funny.is it?
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by teryorluv(f): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
baby124:

Lmaooo... Smh. So what are you trying to say. Women have to go to Saudi to pray amongst men because Saudi is more holy than OYO state? Ok, fine. But why can't this apply to you praying everyday. Are you trying to say when you are not in Mecca your mind is not completely on prayer? God is everywhere o. So you don't need to be in a special place to face God alone and stop worrying about yansh. You people believe so much in this Saudi, when the laws for the royal family are different from regular citizens. The royal women drive and even fly fighter jets for their military and I bet they pray with their men. But you people will die at the audacity for a regular Muslim woman to do so. You just insulted your own king because he did the same. Or is it because he is not in Mecca? OYO state is not good enough eh

Hmmmm if u finish wif Lmaooo u can as well LUFAO.... There is no how I wil explain dis that u wil understand.
Thanks
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by shidof(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
kimond101:
Reason why women should pray at the back row in islam?

During the early days when the prayer was instituted, they would shout out to each other during the prayer, ‘how far are you? How many cycles/rakats have you completed’. Men would wink at women and even grab them. It was the Prophets wife, Safiyyah (the daughter of Huyayy ibn Akhtab, chief of the Banu Nadir) who complained to the Prophet because some of the Bedouins would wink and grabbed the ladies during Salah. This was the reason for the prophet (peace be upon him) saying, ‘Men should stand in front during prayer and females should stand at the back, while children are in between’.

The reason for this is twofold,

a) Men were not disciplined and b) Women were disciplined.

For some strange reason we tend to believe that woman at the back in prayer means they are lower and less deserving and men have power. If you think about it, when we were younger and in school, the disciplined students would sit at the back while those who were a bit rowdy would sit right in front.

Initially, at the Masjid al-Nabawi, men and women would enter the mosque through the same door. When this caused overcrowding on entrances and exits, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said ‘It would be better if this door (in the Holy City) is left for women.’

Upon saying so, the men made that door for women, and it became known up until today as “The Women’s Door” or Bab al-Nisa.

And Allah knows best,
masha Allah, may Allah continue to increase ur knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biafra Remembrance Rally In Onitsha Turns Bloody / Agbaje Tosin Councillorship Campaign Billboard In Lagos Compares Jonathan&Buhari / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu To Storm Lagos Soon For Rally - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.