Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground (57634 Views)

President Buhari Prays With Osinbajo, Okorocha And Others (Photo) / Saraki Prays With Buhari, Sanusi And The King Of Morocco (Photo) / Osinbajo Prays With Surviving Children Of Ocholi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by bashsani(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God there's no discrimination in Christianity, the God of women is the God of men. Women should be allowed to pray where they want.
no wonder sex abuse is common in church

6 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by taiwoakin(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
Point 1: Islamic doctrine frowns at free-mixing. Women and men ought to pray at seperate sections both in the mosque and at public pray grounds.
Either they pray upstairs while men pray downstairs or the mosque is divided side by side OR women pray at the back.

You will notice that the Alafins wives are the only women in that row ( I assume other women who came to the mosque are in their rightful place) In seperate rows behind the men.

And before you shout marginalisation or discrimination, remember Islam gave women a right to inherit from the dead at a time when Jodeo-christian Europe still treated them as a property.

Time wont permit me to mention all the other rights islam granted women which the west is still coming to terms with.

Islam offers women decency and respect in a 21st century that has turned women to objects of sexual fantasy, amusement and objects commercial marketing

When every player in a soccer team decides to be striker in order to feel important. The entire team will lose
Women are respected in Islam, but men and women are made to fulfill seperate roles in society and family.

Until people realise this, They will keep fielding a Team(family) without a Goalkeeper(possibly the woman in this analogy) and lose every single day

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by masseratti: 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
linkin8k:

Lol you're definitely not a Christian for making that statement. Women praying with men is normal in Christianity.
please am a christian but that wont make me ignorant of other peoples religion and culture,and no not all christian denomination does women and men pray together,am not a chauvinist though.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by deebsman1(m): 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks an open minded xtian
masseratti:
its absolutely wrong.....am a christian though
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by jaybee3(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Zonacom:
Would have loved to see the picture where they all kneel forehead down with their arses up. Don't ask me why

Badt guy

That's exactly the reason why they are segregated

Make them big behind no go start to dey ignite varying contamination of prayer
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
tobtap:
grin grin ....he is the KING wink grin cheesy grin
...abi ooo and they better get used to it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by donbee(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is barbaric and unislamic.. Women can't pray between men or lead... Where are the Ullman?
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by KingKuntaVart: 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:

My frenemy.... kossyablaze has been banned your own is loading
i have two accounts sitting out their ban... if u make them ban this one i go kill u
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by madgoat(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
Don't see anything wrong with that though. undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by babamoha(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
My king is on cracks from sambisa
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Akinz0126(m): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
Well the Yoruba muslims doesn't give a damn about that.The northerners believed that they are the only true muslim who strictly uphold the doctrine of islam.For the yoruba and other tribe muslim,the northerners believed that they are just observing the faith without knowing what to actually be a be a muslim entails.unlike in yoruba extended family were both christians and muslims are siblings,husband and wife uphold different faith,you can never see such in the north.a situation were yoruba muslim convert to christian with ease without persecution of any kind if its were to be in the north,if care is not taking,he/she may end up losing his/her dear life.One of my northern friend told me that in islam,they are permitted to date the girls of other faith with the believe that the girl in question would change her faith on the long run.But islam forbid hausa muslim girls to date another faith wereas in yoruba land it is not done that way both christians,muslims,budhist,hindu etc can date em sef in the west.For the bible says"Love is the greatest"so therefore,Let love lead.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Bluffly: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
change..... change...... change........ shocked shocked shocked shocked

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin
The amount those queens spend on whitenlicious would be mind boggling. grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge

I'm a christian but I can tell you that women are not relegated to the background in Islam but if you see it that way and want to know the reason I will tell you. It is simply to avoid distractions and keep pure minds before their Allah. Do you know what goes n in churches today, when women wear extreme tight fitted outfits and her dancing in front of men? Think about it

11 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by ManTiger(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
Been the king does not make give you right break the protocol, those ladies are not suppose to be there according to Islamic doctrine ladies have their reserve area
Reserved area at the back abbi? grin

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by odapey(m): 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
The First to be blamed is the Imam who led the Sâlat (Prayer/worship). He is most responsible for such act by the King because he ought to check the people @ the first line very well b4 he proceed sâlat (worship) but to the fact that he was PANIC & perhaps not TRUTHFUL or fearing to notice the King of such Solemn Mistake.
Secondly, the king is also @ fault for such act. in fact he committed a great sin with his personality. If not for his position as a renowned king many would have lambasted him including me.

And for those Christians crying on the comments, I can't really blame you because your religion is BASELESS and ELUSIVE. The word CHRISTIANITY never exist in the bible. Jesus u claim u are following never attended any church, he never practice Xtianity. Paul introduced CHRISTIANITY with the use of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) name to established Xtianity. You have no doctrine, rules and regulations that guide or religion.

WHAT THE KING DID is not accepted in Islam. ABSOLUTELY. Woman must be @ d back of men, though a woman can lead the prayer, she must stay at d back.(In Islam). Married women should worship at their homes (except in congregational worship like of Aalafins or Friday Prayer)

some verses of the bible also confirm staying at home of MARRIED WOMEN

WOMEN SHOULD KEEP BUSY AT HOME

TITUS 2:3-5
3. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becomes holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, Teachers Of Good Things;
4. That they MAY TEACH THE YOUNG WOMEN TO BE SOBER, TO LOVE THEIR HUSBANDS, TO LOVE THEIR CHILDREN,
5. To be discreet, chaste, KEEPERS AT HOME, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

CHRISTIANS NEVER CRITICISED ISLAM!!! UR RELIGION IS BASELESS

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 256:
لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ فَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِن بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ لَا انفِصَامَ لَهَا وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by TeamSimple(m): 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
If am to judge by the contributions of some christians on any religious thread, considering Christianity will never cross my mind. They just have a very negative approach to what they intend to pass across (The Gospel). So arrogant and hypocrite. Even on threads that does not concern them (like this present thread) they still hang around to make nuisance of themselves,thinking they know the religion more than its followers and theirs is a perfect 'religion'. The amazing thing is that their acts makes it easy for you to consider Islam rather than forbid it. The same way they kept preaching to me and persuading me to become a christian when I was a free soul while castigating other religious beliefs(Islam expecialy). But instead their preachings made me more interested in Islam than the christianity product they came to sell to me. I began research about Islam while I also listened to their (christianity) preachings objectively. Before I new it I made my deicision on 1st of January 2008 and ever since then have never left out a single solat. Alhamdulilah am a Muslim. I don't care the blasphemy and mischief they make towards the religion,all I know is have found inner peace and so has my family. Allahu Akbar.

19 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by prof12(m): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
baby124:
In Yorubaland women are not cattle. Yeye OP. So what if women are praying in front. Instead of you to face your God you are looking yansh.

You are a fool
must you make a comment
pls if you don't have knowledge about Islam just keep shut.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
So this oba is a muslim?no wonder

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by baby124: 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
prof12:

You are a fool
must you make a comment
pls if you don't have knowledge about Islam just keep shut.
Your mother is a fool

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by INTROVERT(f): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bluffly:

I'm a christian but I can tell you that women are not relegated to the background in Islam but if you see it that way and want to know the reason I will tell you. It is simply to avoid distractions and keep pure minds before their Allah. Do you know what goes n in churches today, when women wear extreme tight fitted outfits and her dancing in front of men? Think about it

you have a very valid point.. people like Mr cork and cutehector always rush to seat with those kinda ladies.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
TeamSimple:
If am to judge by the contributions of christians on any religious thread, considering Christianity will never cross my mind. They just have a very negative approach to what they intend to pass across (The Gospel). So arrogant and hypocrite.

Bunch of animals. The same garbage these retards can't say to your face, they will come on nairaland to type

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by electron: 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
clefstone:
Isn't this the reason Northern muslims refer to yoruba muslims as kafir? Well, I think this is a good development cos Islam urgently need some sort of reformation and if the Alaafin chooses to start giving women some form of recognition, I say well done

Islam is a perfect religion, a total way of life. What Alaafin did is not acceptable in Islam.

4 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by teryorluv(f): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Demmocrats:
I truly want to understand what the op is saying, so its a crime for women to be there or what. anyway sha Alaafin still looks so young signs of good life.
www.
In Islam its not allowed for a man and woman to be on d same line while praying (even if its ur husband).... There r lots of things attached to it which have to be kept that way.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by Demmocrats(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
teryorluv:

In Islam its not allowed for a man and woman to be on d same line while praying (even if its ur husband).... There r lots of things attached to it which have to be kept that way.
Thanks

Thanks so much for your explanation but do you agree with it
www.
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by OlaRichmond83: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
For all those that keeps talking about things they don't know nothing about, it is better to remain silent than talk like a novice.
Islam never relegate women. But separated women place/section of praying from the men's. This is nothing but just one of the moral aspect of Islam which tries to guide against adultery, fornication and other similar stuffs.. It is absurd and immoral seeing a lady (s) standing right within men while observing solat.
Even in an household, women must stay in the back, while men lead the prayer, standing in the front.
You will all agree with me that there are some people that merely touching an opposite sex, turns them on.
Please, let's stop condemning other people's religion..
Go knows the best.

3 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by jasperkrekre(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:

but why should women be relegated to the background in Islam and especially prayers..... maybe the view of the shapely Ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind them forget their prayer and start thinking things. grin grin grin

Muslim scholars, why don't Muslim women normally pray with their male counterparts?

who am I to judge
yes...u'v answered ur question "imagine the view of a shapely ikebe as they stand then bow would make the men behind then forget their prayer"

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by OneOpinion: 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
Differences in Prayer for Men and Women
Is there any prove from the Sunnah or ijtihad of the Sahaba that the praying (salat) of a woman is on some points different from the man, like it is in the Hanafi madhhab?
Praise be to Allaah.

The general principle is that women are equal to men in all religious rulings, because of the hadeeth "Women are the twin halves of men" (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and classified as saheeh in Saheeh al-Jaami’ 1983), except when there is evidence (daleel) of a specific ruling which applies only to women. One of the cases in which the scholars mention specific rules for women is prayer, where there are differences as follows:

Women do not have to give adhaan or iqaamah, because adhaan requires raising the voice, which women are not permitted to do. Ibn Qudaamah, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: "We know of no difference between the scholars (on this point)." (Al-Mughni ma’a al-Sharh al-Kabeer, 1/438). All of the woman’s body is ‘awrah and must be covered during prayer, except for her face, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "No prayer will be accepted from an adult woman unless she wears a khimaar (head-cover). (Reported by the five Muhadditheen) There is some dispute as to whether her heels and feet should be covered. The author of al-Mughni (2/328) said: "As for the rest of the free woman’s body, it must be covered during prayer. If any part becomes uncovered, it renders her prayer invalid, except if only a little bit is uncovered. Maalik, al-Oozaa’i and al-Shaafi’i said the same. The woman should keep her limbs close to her body during rukoo’ and sujood, and not spread them out, because this is more modest and covering. (Al-Mughni 2/258). Al-Nawawi said: "Al-Shaafi’i said, in al-Mukhtasar: there is no difference between men and women in prayer, except that women should keep the parts of their bodies close to one another, and they should make their stomachs touch their thighs during sujood. This is more covering and preferable, in rukoo’ and the rest of the prayer too." (See al-Majmoo’ 3/429). It is preferable for women to pray in congregation, led by one of their number, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told Umm Waraqah to lead the women of her household in prayer. There is some difference among scholars on this matter. (See al-Mughni, 2/202 and al-Majmoo’ al-Nawawi, 4/84-85). The woman leading the prayer should read aloud as long as no non-mahram man can hear her. It is permissible for women to go out and pray in the mosque with men, although their prayer at home is better for them, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do not prevent the women from going out to the mosques, even though their homes are better for them." (For more details on this matter, see Question#973). Imaam al-Nawawi, may Allaah have mercy on him, said (al-Majmoo’ 3/455):[b]

"Women differ from men in congregational prayer in a number of ways:
(1) Congregational prayer is not required of them in the same way as it is of men.
(2) The imam of a group of women stands in the middle of the (first) row.
(3) (If one woman and one man are praying), she should stand behind him, not next to him.
(4) If women are praying in rows behind men, the back rows are better for them than the front rows.
What we can learn from the above is that women and men are forbidden to mix. Allaah is our Helper and Support.
[size=8pt][/size][/b]

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.info/en/1106

5 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by teryorluv(f): 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
ManTiger:
Reserved area at the back abbi? grin
Yeah
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by jogsman01(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:

who am I to judge
are u on mid-term break.....?
Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by oduastates: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
A Muslim / Christian alaafin or ooni is definitely not leading the people .
There is an urgent need for the reformation of ,and a new Age of Enlightenment in the kingdoms of the yorubas
These kings are bowing to an ancient sun god (Islam ) and a god ( xtian) whose lore was taken from the story of Osiris ,while million of believers in their God - given religion are waiting to be led .
Do they even know what a grand temple for the yoruba religion and a grand university for the propagation of the body of knowledge of ifa would do for Ife and oyo respectively.i am talking about the social and economic impact here.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by TeamSimple(m): 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Bunch of animals. The same garbage these retards can't say to your face, they will come on nairaland to type
Very annoying set of creatures..

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground by kennyamusan(m): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
masseratti:
please am a christian but that wont make me ignorant of other peoples religion and culture,and no not all christian denomination does women and men pray together,am not a chauvinist though.
tell me the denomination in christianity that don't allow this please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Won't Issue Certificate Of Return To Rochas Okorocha - INEC / Alabi Isama And Obasanjo Eating During The Civil War In 1968 (Throwback Photo) / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu To Storm Lagos Soon For Rally - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.