Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? (5551 Views)

Why Would God Deliver GIRLS Into The Hands Of The RAPISTS? / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
dorox:

God's purpose is to be your personal magic genie that can be called upon at anytime to satisfy your every whim. I guess any other God will be too tedious for you to bother with.
Lol..sarcasm fail. I guess the world really has no need for gods (yours inclusive) as science is capable of explaining every event. Past,present and the shape of things to come in the future.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by Weah96: 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
redcliff:
My ways are not your ways neither are my thoughts yours sayeth the lord of host

Except I didn't hear God say anything and neither did you. A Semitic caveman told you that God said this.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by NumberOne2(m): 7:20am On Jul 30, 2015
cold:

If all the waters on earth were drinkable,the issue of drought would not be as bad if at all. There's absolutely no reason to fill more than half the earth with water & make it undrinkable. The intelligent designer is not particularly intelligent in this regard as in so many other flaws. But since he is infallible i take it he does these things for kicks. I think i'll go with the scientific explanation for salinity of the oceans

Dude from your username, perhaps your brain is also COLD. Let me jump-start it for you.

1) Ask God why he did it like that. If you dont believe in God or cant access Him then...
or
2) Find out from scientist the importance of the oceans to Earth's and stability.

Dont come here exposing your ignorance.

PS: From your everyday use of water, cant you see that the core purpose is NOT drinking?
What percentage of water do you drink? What percentage do you use for other stuff like washing etc.
You can see that most water DOES NOT go to drinking.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by channelz: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2015
cold:
Ok i was going through a blog and caught up on an interesting debate. So i figured i'd bring it here for the intelligent theists to digest and break it down for us lesser mortals. So here goes...
If this world was designed for us, why would the designer give us bodies that require fresh drinking water… and then cover 70% of the Earth with poisonous water? Does He not desire for his creations to survive? It’s difficult to imagine a benevolent God who says, “Let us cover the Earth with a kind of water that human bodies cannot metabolize. Let us then make it so that it will not quench their thirst and they will desire more. Then, they will go crazy, their kidneys will shut down, and they will die.” “Or,” says Jesus, “we could use fresh water!” “Oh no,” says God, “what fun would that be?”

Why couldn’t God just fill the oceans with fresh water? Water that would be safe for us, and his other creations to drink? Or at least give us kidneys that could pass high levels of salt, as He apparently did with most ocean-dwelling mammals. Are the ocean-dwelling mammals more precious to Him?

How many humans and animals have died from droughts because of this undrinkable water? Or have been unable to grow crops because this water was poison to plants? When people die due to lack of water, doesn’t this just defeat God’s plan to save them
Your kind heartedness and sense of immense concern for the wellbeing of your fellow men is quite appreciated.

If you could, I know you would magnanimously print paper money for all men.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:51am On Nov 08, 2015
cold:

Yeah let me add some more for you. The Lord works in mysterious ways,god has a purpose for everything,it's all part of his divine plan and you can't question god. Let me know if i left anything out.

True,but you'd agree that there's something fundamentally flawed with filling three quarters of the earth with water humans cannot drink. I'm sure even you would do a much better job.
The same water is a home 4 creatures ok. U see everytin from a negative angle. The water re useful 4 ships & fishermen ok. Dont u eat fishes?
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by itstpia8: 11:23am On Nov 08, 2015
Perhaps the op is a sailor.

Regardless, s/he is very narcissistic.

Now, what is your natural habitat? Land or sea?
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by Anas09: 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
When I come across OPs like this, I ask myself, how old can this person be? Maybe 19?
Why shd I bother engaging a teenager whose Moma is still feeding.
@Ops, grow up first, then you can understand certain things, then u can fight with urself lol.

You came to NL and saw Johnnydon22 and his boyscout bashing God, you decided you too are an Atheist. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
See person!!! Mtchewwww.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by laribari(m): 10:39am On Mar 10, 2016
If the ocean waters are drinkable, trust me many people especially the question asking this question will be selling it.

which water them never dey sell finish?

Abi una nor hear say dem don dey sell natural spring water since?

Google up Ikogosi Hills in Ekiti (GOSSY WATER), then you will understand.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by asalimpo(m): 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
cold:
Ok i was going through a blog and caught up on an interesting debate. So i figured i'd bring it here for the intelligent theists to digest and break it down for us lesser mortals. So here goes...
If this world was designed for us, why would the designer give us bodies that require fresh drinking water… and then cover 70% of the Earth with poisonous water? Does He not desire for his creations to survive? It’s difficult to imagine a benevolent God who says, “Let us cover the Earth with a kind of water that human bodies cannot metabolize. Let us then make it so that it will not quench their thirst and they will desire more. Then, they will go crazy, their kidneys will shut down, and they will die.” “Or,” says Jesus, “we could use fresh water!” “Oh no,” says God, “what fun would that be?”

Why couldn’t God just fill the oceans with fresh water? Water that would be safe for us, and his other creations to drink? Or at least give us kidneys that could pass high levels of salt, as He apparently did with most ocean-dwelling mammals. Are the ocean-dwelling mammals more precious to Him?

How many humans and animals have died from droughts because of this undrinkable water? Or have been unable to grow crops because this water was poison to plants? When people die due to lack of water, doesn’t this just defeat God’s plan to save them

Why dont you create your own planet, intelligent life and intelligent beings and mash things up as you like.
I'm sure you'd be smarter than God and your creation would have no errors.

#Post like this say, I'm smarter than God. That's what all presidential aspirants say until they get into office and find out it aint cake walk.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by asalimpo(m): 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
cold:

Yeah let me add some more for you. The Lord works in mysterious ways,god has a purpose for everything,it's all part of his divine plan and you can't question god. Let me know if i left anything out.

True,but you'd agree that there's something fundamentally flawed with filling three quarters of the earth with water humans cannot drink. I'm sure even you would do a much better job.
your effrontery stinks.
You have to know as much or better than God to question His judgement.

How many suns have you created with a spoken word?
How many languages have you learnt how many have you created?
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by laribari(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2016
cold :

cold:

How many humans and animals have died from droughts because of this undrinkable water? Or have been unable to grow crops because this water was poison to plants? When people die due to lack of water, doesn’t this just defeat God’s plan to save them.

The problem with you is that you are just too human grin and spiritually blinded. Sometimes we need to act like a spirit to understand God because in the spirit realm everything is possible which is why with God everything is possible through spoken words.

WHY SHOULD God fill the earth with only fresh water because you want to drink? Do you want to kill some certain fish specie? That is being selfish, after all God gave us fresh water as well.

I remember when i was little we used to catch tadpole and we put them in an open bottle but they ended up dying inside fresh water. Don't you know that God is super intelligent than you can ever be and created some fishes to only survive in flesh water, while other in salty waters.

Before you will ask again that why is it that God didn't create everything (man & animal) to survive on fresh water alone without salty waters (polluted waters) on earth; well, let me tell you already that it is called the beauty of creation. If you have variates with different characteristics then you have been able to establish perfect creation.

You wear multi-coloured shirts and different colour of trousers or jeans, don't you? Okay why don't you have a problem with that and you want God to just stick with one thing which will be boring.

Mind you, our every good action on earth speaks of the glory of God because He has given us the earth to manage.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by laribari(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2016
Even if God gives us the ocean to drink we still can't finish it in a life time, else fishes would have by now run the ocean dry.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by smartograpy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
redcliff:
My ways are not your ways neither are my thoughts yours sayeth the lord of host
so must we suffer thank goodness for technological development men would have died of thirst

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by oaroloye(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
SHALOM!

cold:

. LEVITICUS 24:10-16.

10. And the son of an Israelitish woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the Children of Israel: and this son of the Israelitish woman and a Man of Israel strove together in the camp;
11. And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed The Name of The LORD, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dansmiley
12. And they put him in ward, that the mind of The LORD might be shewed them.
13. And The LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
14. "Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the Congregation stone him.
15. "And thou shalt speak unto the Children of Israel, saying,
'Whosoever curseth his God shall bear his Sin.'
16. "And he that blasphemeth The Name of The Lord, he shall surely be put to Death, (and) all the Congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the Land, when He blasphemeth The Name (of The LORD), he shall be put to death."

What was the FIRST SIN?

God gave Man EVERYTHING you need on LAND: Springs, Rivers, Lakes, Wells, Rain.

. EXODUS 20:17.

17. "Thou shalt not covet
thy neighbour's house,
thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,
nor his manservant, nor his maidservant,
nor his ox, nor his ass,
nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's."

BUT THAT IS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?

You have to CURSE GOD, because He did not give you the HABITAT of the Sea-Dwellers to DRINK?

How fresh would the Water STAY, when all the Rivers and run-offs in the World run into it?

All of the Bacteria and Fungi of the World end up there, therefore, if Humans drank it, because it "TASTES GREAT" FLESH-EATING BACTERIA from the Carcases of the Sea would get into our bodies and kill us. Horribly.

You would curse God for creating such a Death Trap.

God created enough good Land for everyone.

People never asked HIS Permission to go live in Disaster Zones.

. MATTHEW 12:41-45.

41. "The Men of Nineveh shall rise in Judgment with this Generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
42. "The Queen of the South shall rise up in the Judgment with this Generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the Earth to hear The Wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here."
43. "When the Unclean Spirit is gone out from a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44. "Then saith he,
'I will return into my house
from whence I came out;'
and when he is come, he findeth (it)empty, swept, and garnished.
45. "Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last (state) of that man is worse than the first.
Even so shall it be also unto this Wicked Generation."

GOD DID NOT PLAN TO SAVE THOSE WHO REFUSE TO COME TO HIS SON.

He does not Plan to save YOU, nor your TAMAHU OYINBO Masters, whom you obediently follow into Blasphemy, like their Good Doggie.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican / A Simple Question For Atheists / My Invisibility Spell "Charm" Live Demonstration (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.