Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? (8199 Views)

Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / See The Sacrifice Form RCCG Gave Members Asking For Houses, Cars, Lands & Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by OgundeleT(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Blossom023:

It is true, why did he create the tree of knowledge of good and evil.... Hmm....

If u want to learn, go to school.
If u want to wear shoe, go ND buy.
If u want know how a soup taste, taste the thing first.. ND if u want to know God... Go to him...
Yes u are right.
If we are to go by omniscient and omnippotent God stuff then we cant blame human being for there actions since there is omniscient who know it and omnipotent who cant stop. On that judgement day we shall ask him since he knew everything why cant he stop the creation of earth and since he's the most powerful why cant he stop evil so that he wont burn human being
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
OgundeleT:

Yes u are right.
If we are to go by omniscient and omnippotent God stuff then we cant blame human being for there actions since there is omniscient who know it and omnipotent who cant stop. On that judgement day we shall ask him since he knew everything why cant he stop the creation of earth and since he's the most powerful why cant he stop evil so that he wont burn human being

wait ok? wait.. when admission is open, u wont apply, it is when it is closed.
ever heard of the story of the ten virgins who didn't light their lamps on time? they waited till last minute and the gates wer closed by the time they came back from buying the oil.. dont be foolish bruh.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
OgundeleT:

whenever u want to write something please always think very well so that u wont be contradicting youself. You claim God is omniscient and yet he didnt know adam and eve will eat the fruit before he created them? he never knew the world will be like this before he created it? If he didnt then he's not omniscient, if he knew then you cant say he love us, since he knew the world will be like this and yet he proceeded in creating it, he makes people suffer for sin they never commited.
You also claim he is omnipotent and he cant forgive eve when he knew they know nothing? Or instead he should recreate them intead of punishing billions of human being? But yet he proceed and you call that love?
You also claim he's omnipresent, that means he was watching satan when he was deceiving eve to eat the fruit and he couldn't stop the satan since he knew her generation will suffer for it and u also call that love?
you also claim God is unchangeable but he love sacrifice before and now he need praise?
Yes God is omnipresent, he is everywhere at the same time. No matter where we go, God is there ( ps 139:7-12). This means that God sees and is aware of everything we do.
Yes God is omniscient. He knows everything. But it does not suggest that God causes everything to happen that he knows will happen, including our choices and actions, note that. God has given us free will to make our own decisions, which means that people are still responsible for their choices and the results of those choices. The fact that God knows everything does not mean that he is limited by his own foreknowledge. He remains free to alter his purposes in time and history, depending on what he wants to accomplish and what he knows is best (see Num 14:11-20; 2ki 20:1-7). Yes God is omnipotent. He is all-powerful and has the highest authority over all things and all creature. This does not mean, however, that God uses all of his power and authority all times. For example, God has the power to destroy all sin (which would require eliminating human imperfection), but he has chosen not to do so until the end of history (see 1Jn 5:19). This safeguards all of humankind's freedom to choose, including those who take the way of destruction and reject what is right if they so desire. In many cases, God limits his power by working through his faithful people only as they pray and depend on him (2co 12:7-10). In this respect, he exercises his power depending on each person's degree of availability and submission to him. Yes God is unchangeable. There is no change in his attributes, in his perfection or in his purpose for humankind. Yes he demands sacrifice as payment for sin, but who dies? Animals, sheeps and goats. If it so hurts you don't ever eat meat again. He doesn't need animal sacrifice anymore, cos it could not fully atone for my sin and your sin, and because the perfect sacrifice has been accepted. And all you need do now is to say yes or no.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Blossom023:

Anytime you see people against one thing and always trying to cover, hide or derail.. Know that that thing is true. Like I said, read a bible and stop making fun.. But no u wont.. Cos u just want to derail the thread.how pathetic.

You who have read the bible , tell me : WHO IS GOD PRAYING TO ? , I will not be suprised if u cant answer the question coz here is your statement " God is in THREE " shocked polytheism , 3 Gods .
! You still have alot of work to do .
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Blossom023:

Anytime you see people against one thing and always trying to cover, hide or derail.. Know that that thing is true. Like I said, read a bible and stop making fun.. But no u wont.. Cos u just want to derail the thread.how pathetic.

Since you have read the bible , tell me : WHO IS GOD PRAYING TO ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

Since you have read the bible , tell me : WHO IS GOD PRAYING TO ?

Please tell me , wer I said so.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
Jozzy4:

You who have read the bible , tell me : WHO IS GOD PRAYING TO ? , I will not be suprised if u cant answer the question coz here is your statement " God is in THREE " shocked polytheism , 3 Gods .

Work.. By answering your questions.. Dat would be total waste of time. Mind you, I don't have three Gods.. Don't say that thing outside. If you read my post well,u will understand.. But no, u just pick one thing ND rush to reply me.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
Blossom023:

Please tell me , wer I said so.

You have read the bible , abi? Then Answer my question : who exactly is God praying to ? Anoda GOD undecided
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
Blossom023:

Work.. By answering your questions.. Dat would be total waste of time. Mind you, I don't have three Gods.. Don't say that thing outside. If you read my post well,u will understand.. But no, u just pick one thing ND rush to reply me.

Okay, who is God ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by chizzy86(f): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks @ OP. Blossom023 just free the matter dear. Thank God we r saved. Let's just show love to all. Nice read.

2 Likes

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by MizJanet(f): 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Yes God is omnipresent, he is everywhere at the same time. No matter where we go, God is there ( ps 139:7-12). This means that God sees and is aware of everything we do.
Yes God is omniscient. He knows everything. But it does not suggest that God causes everything to happen that he knows will happen, including our choices and actions, note that. God has given us free will to make our own decisions, which means that people are still responsible for their choices and the results of those choices. The fact that God knows everything does not mean that he is limited by his own foreknowledge. He remains free to alter his purposes in time and history, depending on what he wants to accomplish and what he knows is best (see Num 1

I observe two tinz concerning this thread

A) @your thread title, did God sacrifice himself or his son ?

B) if the soul IS IMMORTAL , how can the christian jesus sacrifice his soul to death as ransom for many ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by MizJanet(f): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
chizzy86:
Thanks @ OP. Blossom023 just free the matter dear. Thank God we r saved. Let's just show love to all. Nice read.

Saved from what exactly ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
MizJanet:

Saved from what exactly ?

Shebi Na me she dey talk to .. Oya find your level.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by OgundeleT(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Good
Yes God is omniscient. He knows everything. But it does not suggest that God causes everything to happen that he knows will happen, including our choices and actions, note that. God has given us free will to make our own decisions, which means that people are still responsible for their choices and the results of those choices. The fact that God knows everything does not mean that he is limited by his own foreknowledge. He remains free to alter his purposes in time and history, depending on what he wants to accomplish and what he knows is best (see Num 14:11-20; 2ki 20:1-7).
Yes God is omnipotent. He is all-powerful and has the highest authority over all things and all creature. This does not mean, however, that God uses all of his power and authority all times. For example, God has the power to destroy all sin (which would require eliminating human imperfection), but he has chosen not to do so until the end of history (see 1Jn 5:19). This safeguards all of humankind's freedom to choose, including those who take the way of destruction and reject what is right if they so desire. In many cases, God limits his power by working through his faithful people only as they pray and depend on him (2co 12:7-10). In this respect, he exercises his power depending on each person's degree of availability and submission to him.
Yes God is unchangeable. There is no change in his attributes, in his perfection or in his purpose for humankind. Yes he demands sacrifice as payment for sin, but who dies? Animals, sheeps and goats. If it so hurts you don't ever eat meat again. He doesn't need animal sacrifice anymore, cos it could not fully atone for my sin and your sin, and because the perfect sacrifice has been accepted. And all you need do now is to say yes or no.
U av just establish that God doesnt have full autority over the world since he cant make a choice for us, u av also establish above that he doesnt love us for the fact that he's all poserful but want to wait till the end time before he act, u call someone love and he want people to perish, is that love? He need animal before but he doesn't need animal blood again means he has changed.
A loving God cant open his eyes and want people to be going astray so that he can destroy them.
An omnipotent God must not need human blood before he can forgive human being. U av proven that ur God doesnt love
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by OgundeleT(m): 10:03am On Aug 01, 2015
Blossom023:

wait ok? wait.. when admission is open, u wont apply, it is when it is closed.
ever heard of the story of the ten virgins who didn't light their lamps on time? they waited till last minute and the gates wer closed by the time they came back from buying the oil.. dont be foolish bruh.
I will advice you to open your brain so that u can think very well, I will advice u to also check ur dictionary so that u can know the meaning of omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent and pls stop reading ur bible with fear but with open mind so that u can pick those absurds easily. ur omniscient God suppose to know they will never light the lamp and omnipotent God suppose to av used his power to force them to light it but if he choose not to do so then he doesnt love
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 12:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

GOD IS ONE. Let me ask you: Can water take 3 different forms? Yes. If water from a liquid state can become solid and vapour. Why can't God reveal himself in three distinct (not separate) but interrelated and completely unified persons: Father, son and Holy spirit. Do you know humans are triune: Spirit, soul and body.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

You have read the bible , abi? Then Answer my question : who exactly is God praying to ? Anoda GOD undecided
Now if you believe you are spirit, soul and body. And this three part of you function differently but are interrelated. What's that turmoil you feel inside of you sometimes? It simply tells you that there's a part of you that is yearning for interrelationship. Why do people dream when they sleep? Why do you get emotional sometimes? Why do you think and express words through your mind without opening your mouth, how were you able to do that? Does it Sound strange? If you cannot fathom this, how can you understand if i tell that when God pray, he's only relating to himself. Father, son and holy spirit agree as one.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
Tjayjosh:

GOD IS ONE. [s]Let me ask you: Can water take 3 different forms? Yes. If water from a liquid state can become solid and vapour. Why can't God reveal himself in three distinct (not separate) but interrelated and completely unified persons: Father, son and Holy spirit. Do you know humans are triune: Spirit, soul and body. [/s]

Put all this grammar aside , if God is One , WHY IS GOD PRAYING TO ANOTHER GOD ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Now if you believe you are spirit, soul and body. And this three part you function differently but are interrelated.
Point of correction: " WE ARE DUST" ps 103:14 .

What's that turmoil you feel inside of you sometimes? It simply tells you that there's a part of you that is yearning for interrelationship. Why do people dream when they sleep? Why do you get emotional sometimes? Why do you think and express words through your mind without opening your mouth, how were you able to do that? Does it Sound strange?

Point of correction: the HIGHLY INTELLIGENT HUMAN BRAIN is responsible for this .

If you cannot fathom this, how can you understand if i tell that when God pray, he's only relating to himself. Father, son and holy spirit agree as one.

So God was praying to himself ? He was only pretending to pray to a God in heaven ? .. Pls, who is God refering to as "MY God" ? Himself ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

Point of correction: " WE ARE DUST" ps 103:14 .

Point of correction: the HIGHLY INTELLIGENT HUMAN BRAIN is responsible for this .

So God was praying to himself ? He was only pretending to pray to a God in heaven ? .. Pls, who is God refering to as "MY God" ? Himself ?
Yes we are dust. The psalmist used this expression to show how compassionate God has been and because he knows our weaknesses and frailties. We are also spirit and soul.
Yes the highly intelligent human brain. Let me ask you: where is the mind?
If Jesus was God,
why did He call God "My God?"" This can definitely be a
confusing issue. It all goes back
to the "mystery" of the Trinity.
When Jesus was on the cross, He
quoted Psalm 22 (Matthew
27:46; Mark 15:34). This was a
psalm of David, but it was a
Messianic prophecy as well. The
entire psalm contains remarkable
predictions by David concerning
the coming Messiah. So, one of
the reasons He called God "my
God" was to fulfill the prophecy
of the psalm.
At the moment of His death on
the cross, Christ was
experiencing the abandonment
and despair that resulted from
the outpouring of divine wrath
upon the sin that He bore. This
was the price He paid to redeem
His church–all who would ever
believe in Him–and He paid it in
full. At the cross, Jesus in His
humanity voluntarily surrendered
His will to the Father in order to
finish the task for which He came
into the world. In the same way,
He voluntarily emptied Himself of
certain aspects of His deity when
He came to earth as a man. In
some way we can’t fully
understand, God the Father
turned away from God the Son
for that moment, and Jesus died
a very lonely death.
There are other places He calls
God His God. In John 20:17 and
Revelation 3:2,12, Jesus calls God
"My God." Why would God call
Himself "My God"? It has to do
with Christ's relationship to His
Father. Even though Christ is the
eternal God Himself incarnate, He
is still a different person from the
Father. As a man and as man's
representative (Son of Man),
Jesus' person was dependent on
the Father and, like us, looked to
the Father for strength, guidance,
wisdom, etc. Therefore, God the
Father was the God of Jesus. The
Father is the God of the Son, but
it doesn't imply inferiority, only a
difference in roles.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by sonmvayina(m): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
Those anybody find it odd that hhe fed 5000, in other account 4000. With 2 fish and 5 bread.open peoples eyez, raised people from the dead but when he was arrested nobody even was there to bear withness in his trials..me think their part was finishhed in the drama....act 2. Scene 1..,,,
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
OgundeleT:

I will advice you to open your brain so that u can think very well, I will advice u to also check ur dictionary so that u can know the meaning of omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent and pls stop reading ur bible with fear but with open mind so that u can pick those absurds easily. ur omniscient God suppose to know they will never light the lamp and omnipotent God suppose to av used his power to force them to light it but if he choose not to do so then he doesnt love

I read my bible with fear? Wer did that come from?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by OgundeleT(m): 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
Blossom023:

I read my bible with fear? Wer did that come from?
I am not to answer that, but if bible claim that god is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipotent then u cant blaim innocent and powerless human being
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
K9blunt:

Life goes on, death has no friend. But how you leave your life matters. Your only back up is a book written by some clever psycologist who are dead and gone and never realised the impact of their ideas on the future. Have you ever wondered if william shakespeare (hope I spelt it right) was existing 2000years, would you have been praying in the name of romeo?
I don't feel moved with that subtle threat of while there's still time, meaning I should make heaven and advoid hell. So use another tactic or free me. Jeezz!
You are wrong in your assertion.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizJanet:

I observe two tinz concerning this thread

A) @your thread title, did God sacrifice himself or his son ?

B) if the soul IS IMMORTAL , how can the christian jesus sacrifice his soul to death as ransom for many?
A. Read the post. My assertion is very clear.
B. It depends on your understanding of what the soul is.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by MizJanet(f): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
Tjayjosh:

A. Read the post. My assertion is very clear.

Confuse man , you said your god sacrifice himself

Tjayjosh

God did not send another god to die for you. Jesus, as
God incarnate, sacrificed Himself.

Yet at thread title , you said
he actually sacrifice his son not himself .

"
God Sacrifice His Son"

Seems You gat no clue grin
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Since Jesus is God himself , let me insert God in place of Jesus and see the rubbish uv post

"" [b] Tjayjosh

If Jesus was God,
why did He call God "My God?"" This can definitely be a
confusing issue. It all goes back
to the "mystery" of the Trinity.
When Jesus God was on the cross, He
quoted Psalm 22 (Matthew
27:46; Mark 15:34). This was a
psalm of David, but it was a
Messianic prophecy as well. The
entire psalm contains remarkable
predictions by David concerning
the coming Messiah. So, one of
the reasons He God called God "my
God" was to fulfill the prophecy
of the psalm.
At the moment of His God death on
the cross, Christ God was
experiencing the abandonment
and despair that resulted from
the outpouring of divine wrath
upon the sin that He bore. This
was the price He paid to redeem
His church–all who would ever
believe in Him–and He paid it in
full. At the cross, Jesus God in His
humanity voluntarily surrendered
His will to the Father in order to
finish the task for which He came
into the world. In the same way,
He God voluntarily emptied Himself of
certain aspects of His deity when
He came to earth as a man. In
some way we can’t fully
understand, God the Father
turned away from God the Son
for that moment, and Jesus God died
a very lonely death.
shocked (haaaa)

There are other places He God calls
God His God. In John 20:17 and
Revelation 3:2,12, Jesus God calls God
"My God." Why would God call
Himself "My God"? It has to do
with Christ's relationship to His
Father. Even though Christ is the
eternal God Himself incarnate, He God
is still a different person from the
Father. As a man and as man's
representative (Son of Man),

Jesus' God person was dependent on
the Father and, like us, looked to
the Father for strength, guidance,
wisdom, etc. Therefore, God the
Father was the God of Jesus. The
Father is the God of the Son God, but
it doesn't imply inferiority, only a
difference in roles.[/b] ""

Pure Rubbish .
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by K9blunt(f): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Tjayjosh:

You are wrong in your assertion.

That's your business , leave me be.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Elevation(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
God is great, see blood signifies life, read John 1:1-12 Christ is the living word of God, His blood is spotless representing (but far far higher than the blood of ordinary lambs in old-testament) the medium through which atonement of sin is made, (John 1:29) Look at your life, your flesh can only make you want to sleep with girls, drink alcohol, smoke, steal, watch porn, jealous, be envious and love the acts of wickedness (Galatians 5:19-21) but the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22) is Love, Joy, Peace..... temperance. As a human being you cannot save your self, the law cannot save, morality cannot save, it is only Jesus that can save you need a supernatural Jesus to kill your natural lustful acts (Acts 4:12). Accept you're a sinner and come to Jesus (Matthew 11:28-30) LOOK INSIDE YOU THERE'S THAT EMPTINESS YOU FEEL NO MATTER THE MONEY, VACATIONS, NARCOTIC FEELING, PLEASURE ETC YOU DO IT IS STILL THERE ONLY JESUS CAN FEEL THAT PLACE BELIEVE ME. I KNOW HOW I WAS BEFORE AND HOW I AM NOW. JESUS I LOVE YOU I KNOW YOU'RE SEEING WHAT I'M TYPING HELP THE PEOPLE HERE TO FEEL THAT LOVE HELP THEM LORD LET THEM KNOW YOU (John 17:3).
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Tjayjosh(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizJanet:

Confuse man , you said your god sacrifice himself

Yet at thread title , you said
he actually sacrifice his son not himself .

"
God Sacrifice His Son"

Seems You gat no clue grin
The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1co 1:16). You can never comprehend this.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by MizJanet(f): 7:57am On Aug 03, 2015
Tjayjosh:

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1co 1:16). You can never comprehend this.

Na wa o ! Who is discussing cross message with you . Did i ask you anything about cross ? You religiotards just quote anything just to excape .

The question is not about cross ; here is the question again : did God sacrifice himself or his son ?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2015
God sacrificed God.
God sacrificed his son.
There was a sacrifice. just want to ask stupid questions. Shut up jhor..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Conversation Between A Muslim And A American Over Terrorists Issue! / Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.