Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? (8167 Views)

Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / See The Sacrifice Form RCCG Gave Members Asking For Houses, Cars, Lands & Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 03, 2015
Blossom023:
God sacrificed God.
God sacrificed his son.
There was a sacrifice. just want to ask stupid questions. Shut up jhor..

You are the most confused of all the Christians here.

Please, what are the characteristics of your God?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 03, 2015
hifaif:

You are the most confused of all the Christians here.

Please, what are the characteristics of your God?

abeg what did I say that relates to what you just asked me, im talking about sacrifice, you're talking about characteristics... who is confused. .. I am not even sure, you understood my post, which was a reply to someone's useless questions. .,
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by onionsoup(f): 11:41am On Aug 03, 2015
Tjayjosh:
Some people on nairaland often ask the question above. I'd like to use this time to inject some parenthetical thoughts for your consideration.
The Bible makes it quite
clear that God hates human
sacrifice. The pagan nations that
surrounded the Israelites
practiced human sacrifice as part
of the worship of false gods. God
declared that such “worship”
was detestable to Him and that
He hates it ( Deuteronomy 12:31;
18:10). Furthermore, human
sacrifice is associated in the Old
Testament with evil practices
such as sorcery and divination,
which are also detestable to God
( 2 Kings 21:6). So, if God hates
human sacrifice, why did He
sacrifice Christ on the cross and
how could that sacrifice be the
payment for our sins?
There is no doubt that a sacrifice
for sin was necessary if people
are to have any hope of eternal
life. God established the necessity
of the shedding of blood to cover
sin ( Hebrews 9:22). In fact, God
Himself performed the very first
animal sacrifice to cover,
temporarily, the sin of Adam and
Eve. He killed an
animal, shedding its blood, and
made from it a covering for
Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:21),
thereby instituting the principle
of animal sacrifice for sin. When
God gave the Law to Moses, there
were extensive instructions on
how, when, and under what
circumstances animal sacrifices
were to be offered to Him. This
was to continue until Christ came
to offer the ultimate, perfect
sacrifice, which made animal
sacrifice no longer necessary.
“But those sacrifices are an
annual reminder of sins, because
it is impossible for the blood of
bulls and goats to take away
sins” ( Hebrews 10:3–4).
There are several reasons why
the sacrifice of Christ on the
cross does not violate the
prohibition against human
sacrifice.

1. Jesus wasn’t
merely human. If He were, then
His sacrifice would have also
been a temporary one because
one human life couldn’t possibly
cover the sins of the multitudes
who ever existed. Neither could
one finite human life atone for
sin against an infinite God. The
only viable sacrifice must be an
infinite one, which means only
God Himself could atone for the
sins of mankind. Only God
Himself, an infinite Being, could
pay the penalty owed to Himself.
This is why God had to become a
Man and dwell among men ( John
1:14). No other sacrifice would
suffice.

2. God didn’t sacrifice
Jesus. Rather, Jesus, as God
incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No
one forced Him. He laid down His
life willingly, as He made clear
speaking about His life: “No one
takes it from me, but I lay it
down of my own accord. I have
authority to lay it down and
authority to take it up
again” ( John 10:18). God the Son
sacrificed Himself to God the
Father and thereby fulfilled all the
requirements of the Law. Unlike
the temporary sacrifices, Jesus’
once-for-all-time sacrifice was
followed by His resurrection. He
laid down His life and took it up
again, thereby providing eternal
life for all who would ever believe
in Him and accept His sacrifice
for their sins. He did this out of
love for the Father and for all
those the Father has given Him
( John 6:37–40).

@Jayjosh thank you very much for that explanation. It was well said. God bless you.smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by onionsoup(f): 11:47am On Aug 03, 2015
johnydon22:
So God could not just forgive your sins unless he had his son murdered... Sounds barbaric

@Mensah@Jonnydon22. no offence sirs bur you are obviously really confused. And if i may ask, What god do you serve?:>
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Blossom023:

abeg what did I say that relates to what you just asked me, im talking about sacrifice, you're talking about characteristics... who is confused. .. I am not even sure, you understood my post, which was a reply to someone's useless questions. .,

I didn't base your confusion on one post but on all the posts you made here.

Your confusion stems from a lack of knowledge of the characteristics of your God which includes omniscience. If you could be a little bit open minded, you would notice the absurdity of the death of Christ for the sins of man. Or how can a full grown woman like you believe that a creation destined to fail be blamed for his failure to the extent of needing God (who destined the failure) coming in human form to sacrifice himself by hanging like a common criminal? Why go through such bloody ritual to correct something that was wholly your fault and yet call it a sacrifice on behalf of your puppet creations?
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
hifaif:

I didn't base your confusion on one post but on all the posts you made here.

Your confusion stems from a lack of knowledge of the characteristics of your God which includes omniscience. If you could be a little bit open minded, you would notice the absurdity of the death of Christ for the sins of man. Or how can a full grown woman like you believe that a creation destined to fail be blamed for his failure to the extent of needing God (who destined the failure) coming in human form to sacrifice himself by hanging like a common criminal? Why go through such bloody ritual to correct something that was wholly your fault and yet call it a sacrifice on behalf of your puppet creations?

and how can full grown being like you talk about something you hate. If you blame God or you hate him then don't talk about it. it puts nothing in your bank acc. I have the answer your question, which I just read in my bible but its too long to explain to you. I really wish I could do a vn .read a bible dear.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 9:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
Blossom023:

God sacrificed God.
God sacrificed his son.
There was a sacrifice. just want to ask stupid questions. Shut up jhor..

Am not an atheist , but I must admit that she ask a very good question , infact it expose your confusion and polytheism . God sacrifice another God ? shocked 2 Gods , One God Sacrife Another God ! Oh what an absurdity and shameless assertion . the bold part say it all .
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jozzy4:

Am not an atheist , but I must admit that she ask a very good question , infact it expose your confusion and polytheism . God sacrifice another God ? shocked 2 Gods , One God Sacrife Another God ! Oh what an absurdity and shameless assertion . the bold part say it all .

Ok I guess you are talking to the op , based on what the op said, I don't want to talk. I just replied to the comments that I felt were silly.
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Ndipe(m): 12:29am On Aug 04, 2015
My thinking is that human sacrifice is a counterfeit to the perfect sacrifice He was offering to us, the Human Race.

1 Like

Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Jozzy4: 8:01am On Aug 04, 2015
Blossom023:

Ok I guess you are talking to the op , based on what the op said, I don't want to talk. I just replied to the comments that I felt were silly.
NO. Am refering to you, re-read the post
Re: If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 04, 2015
Jozzy4:

NO. Am refering to you, re-read the post

ok while I do that, re read my comments and see if I replied the op in agreement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Biggest Church In Nigeria, Some Say, Mfm, Redeem,cele Etc, So Tell Niger / Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . / Understanding The Mystery And Meaning Of Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.