Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,307 members, 7,954,233 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 - Computers (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 (66987 Views)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
amnps:

I want to believe the reservation period is over as you had till July 29, 2015 to do that. But like I did, check out the "check windows update" option in the control panel and let it run to see if Windows 10 will be among the available updates for you and then you can check the box by the side and download. Once the download is done, the upgrade will start automatically. Mind you, your computer has to be running on genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 OS for you to be eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. Otherwise, forget it.

Follow the guide below which I have copied from an available on-line write up.

Windows 8.1
If you want to just download the installation media for a fresh reinstall of Windows 8.1, there’s a new option from Microsoft that can allow you to download that image without even entering your product key.

And if you are completely reinstalling a Windows 8.0 PC you can use this 8.1 installation media with the same key from Windows 8.0, so there’s no reason not to do so. It even comes with Update 1 integrated.

Simply download the Windows Installation Media Creation Tool from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media, and then select the details about which version you want (Windows 8.1 or 8.1 Pro, etc), and then follow through the wizard to create your boot media.

N.B. In downloading the media creation tool, make sure you download the correct one for the right system type for your computer i.e 32-bit or 64-bit processor. To know your system type, simply right click "This PC" on your desktop and select properties. There, you'll see whether it's a 32-bit or 64-bit system type OS.

You can choose to put the boot media directly on a USB drive, or you can create an ISO for later use or to burn to a disc later.

It’s as easy as that.

I hope this helps.
mine is a genuine windows 8.1, it came with my laptop and i havent tried to alter it.... done all my updates, nothing about windows 10.... but i can actually push it out using command prompt ( wuauclt.exe/updatenow) but network has been cutting it shut
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by amnps: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2015
Mykcool:
mine is a genuine windows 8.1, it came with my laptop and i havent tried to alter it.... done all my updates, nothing about windows 10.... but i can actually push it out using command prompt ( wuauclt.exe/updatenow) but network has been cutting it shut

In that case, why not try another network. Initially, I tried using Glo for my download, but wasn't getting anywhere. So, I had to change to Swift.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by obiscolly(m): 11:30am On Aug 10, 2015
Mykcool:
congrats on your safe upgrade, could you help me out on how to make the reservation? i keep getting the response below each time i use the microsoft creation tool
Go to your C: drive, delete $WINDOWS.~BT and $WINDOWS.~WS. If you cannot see the files ensure you enable your system to view hidden files. After deleting try running again.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
obiscolly:

Go to your C: drive, delete $WINDOWS.~BT and $WINDOWS.~WS. If you cannot see the files ensure you enable your system to view hidden files. After deleting try running again.
done that, tried it again and got no response
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by obiscolly(m): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
Mykcool:
done that, tried it again and got no response
Delete the files, restart, then run the application as administrator. You can also open task manager and check if the windows 10 setup program then end it.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 3:39am On Aug 11, 2015
thanks mahn..... it has finished downloading, getting update is taking forever
obiscolly:

Delete the files, restart, then run the application as administrator. You can also open task manager and check if the windows 10 setup program then end it.

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by UchihaItachi(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
helenmi:
I'm using Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing... Which version of Windows 10 iso file should I upgrade?

Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Single Language?

Mine is also 8.1 single language and I went and downloaded windows 10 home now it's asking for activation key before it would install...i later read somewhere that you must install the same version already on the pc..and this stuff took me two days to download >sad
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by bhanjjie: 5:38am On Aug 12, 2015
souljaboi51:
upgrade complete grin

Bro, please send me this your "road" wallpaper abeg. Kindly e-mail to me via banji.alo@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2015
activation key is all over the internet, try using ur window 8.1 key first and see if it works. by the way are u doing an upgrade or clean install?
UchihaItachi:

Mine is also 8.1 single language and I went and downloaded windows 10 home now it's asking for activation key before it would install...i later read somewhere that you must install the same version already on the pc..and this stuff took me two days to download >sad
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mayordadon(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
YoungGame:
many have asked how u were able to power ur store app using ss bblited plan...kindly help on that..i know u've been helpful on this thread
guy sowie 4 d late reply kindly visit this page 4 better understanding.
[url]9jatecky..nl/2015/07/how-to-use-mtn-bis-on-windows10-store.html?m=1[/url]
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
mayordadon:
guy sowie 4 d late reply kindly visit this page 4 better understanding.
[url]9jatecky..nl/2015/07/how-to-use-mtn-bis-on-windows10-store.html?m=1[/url]
the explanation on the site isn't totally clear to me.. the proxy institute provided is it the one for the simple server that should be inputted there or the one on the site?

....... grin grin
the store opened... wat about windows updates, it does seem to work with simple server since i moved to windows 10
thanks a lot
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mayordadon(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mykcool:
the explanation on the site isn't totally clear to me.. the proxy institute provided is it the one for the simple server that should be inputted there or the one on the site?

....... grin grin
the store opened... wat about windows updates, it does seem to work with simple server since i moved to windows 10
thanks a lot

Yaeah man #fankx it works well 4 u #mhen. Na 127.0.0.1:8080
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
mayordadon:

Yaeah man #fankx it works well 4 u #mhen. Na 127.0.0.1:8080
that your site has really good content, i just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro using the last key....
check the pic below... is that how its suppose to be?

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Iamshegxycul: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hello. pls if I update to windows 10 will my fifa 15 and gtav still work and also wats d data cap for d mtn bblited is it up to 5gb
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Iamshegxycul:
Hello. pls if I update to windows 10 will my fifa 15 and gtav still work and also wats d data cap for d mtn bblited is it up to 5gb
yeah....my fifa15 still works.. provided u reinstall your drivers
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
@moonraker.. is this suppose to be ok??

i had a genuine copy of windows 8.1 on my laptop but i decided to change from windows 10 home to pro after upgrading to windows 10....

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mayordadon(m): 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mykcool:
that your site has really good content, i just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro using the last key....
check the pic below... is that how its suppose to be?
yes then beside the protocol d port should b 8080 instead of 808
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
mayordadon:
yes then beside the protocol d port should b 8080 instead of 808
ok thanks... but have you found a way to make the windows update work?
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mayordadon(m): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mykcool:
ok thanks... but have you found a way to make the windows update work?
dats wat I use now dnt knw y he didn't work 4 u I hope d date its now automatic
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Iamshegxycul: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
Mykcool:
yeah....my fifa15 still works.. provided u reinstall your drivers
. K frm where do I get d drivers from back
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
Iamshegxycul:
. K frm where do I get d drivers from back
you should try updating your system via windows update , then you can also check on the website of your laptop also
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
mayordadon:
dats wat I use now dnt knw y he didn't work 4 u I hope d date its now automatic
mehn, i dnt want to give up ive done everything again... except step 5.. dnt know where to input the value
the store opens but i cnt download from it

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by JasonWattz(m): 12:41am On Aug 16, 2015
Hey Buddies.... each time i launch the tool... i get... "Something Happened" Dialog Box and an error code 0x80072EE2 - 0x20000 in it. Help Please. I thirst for Windows 10
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 12:57am On Aug 16, 2015
JasonWattz:
Hey Buddies.... each time i launch the tool... i get... "Something Happened" Dialog Box and an error code 0x80072EE2 - 0x20000 in it. Help Please. I thirst for Windows 10
obiscolly:

this should help.. and make sure your network is goood
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by JasonWattz(m): 1:45am On Aug 16, 2015
Hope i aint gonna damage windows boot sh.it or anything like that?... its safe to? Thanks in advance bro
Mykcool:
this should help.. and make sure your network is goood
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by JasonWattz(m): 1:48am On Aug 16, 2015
JasonWattz:
Hope i aint gonna damage windows boot sh.it or anything like that?... its safe to? Thanks in advance bro
like... these ones?

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Mykcool(m): 2:01am On Aug 16, 2015
nope, exactly what i did for mine to work.. u can see my response up there
JasonWattz:
its the 2 with wndows blaah....
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by JasonWattz(m): 2:18am On Aug 16, 2015
Mykcool:
nope, exactly what i did for mine to work.. u can see my response up there its the 2 with wndows blaah....
done that... still getting the error code
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Iamshegxycul: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2015
Mykcool:
you should try updating your system via windows update , then you can also check on the website of your laptop also
k thanks
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by phiszo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
obiscolly:

bro, i deleted those 2 files but its still displaying the error code.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mayordadon(m): 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mykcool:
mehn, i dnt want to give up ive done everything again... except step 5.. dnt know where to input the value
the store opens but i cnt download from it

Lol its yah region change it to us/uk

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Computer Professional Body In Nigeria / Sending Executable Files Through Gmail / Sites For Downloading Softwares.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.