Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. (42895 Views)

DIY Thread - Homeowners And Supliers / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
smiley001:

Nicey Baba.

Welcome back home sir.

Make sure you achieve 1 or 2 goals on the project before going back sir.

I would love to. Pray for me. May God surprised you beyond your imagination this year.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by smiley001(m): 10:48am On Feb 02, 2016
Qc1:

I would love to. Pray for me. May God surprised you beyond your imagination this year.

Amen.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Sprumbaba: 2:25am On Feb 05, 2016
Qc1:
work is still on going but the master bed room should look like this....
This Master bedroom POP is nice and the problem is can the person doing the pop replicate it.

I remember a friend that gave a dinning Table catalog to one Baba Afusa to re create and Baba Afusa did a bad job grin
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sprumbaba:

This Master bedroom POP is nice and the problem is can the person doing the pop replicate it.

I remember a friend that gave a dinning Table catalog to one Baba Afusa to re create and Baba Afusa did a bad job grin

Why blame baba Afusa? The blame should go to the person that saw the name " Speder 880 interior deco Inc." But decided to give this kind of job to local Baba Afusa!

Who's to blame here really?
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
Nice one bro! keep it up
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
3strike:
Nice one bro! keep it up

Thanks.BTW I like the color of your house. It's a job well done and mission accomplished. May God continue to bless you.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
Update

Muyesky doors.

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 12:13am On Mar 05, 2016
The first pic show Muyesky doors, second pic display the master bedroom POP and the third pic is my 1st (main) living room.

The last picture display the soak away reinforcement behind Qc-1.

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by mufutau55(m): 12:13am On Mar 05, 2016
Qc1:
Update
Muyesky doors.

It doesn't get any better. Thanks for the updates.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by mufutau55(m): 12:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Qc1:
The last picture display the soak away reinforcement behind Qc-1.

Qc-1 is Lagbaja here o. smiley

That is a good POP ceiling design o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 12:46am On Mar 05, 2016
The house from the back view is displayed in the 3rd picture here.

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 12:47am On Mar 05, 2016
mufutau55:

Qc-1 is Lagbaja here o. smiley

That is a good POP ceiling design o.

Hajji M.

grin grin grin
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by mufutau55(m): 1:22am On Mar 05, 2016
Qc1:
The house from the back view is displayed in the last picture here.

Against all odds, the house came out beautifully. God blessings.
I hope there is no more water disturbance?

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 1:31am On Mar 05, 2016
And.....

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 1:35am On Mar 05, 2016
mufutau55:

Against all odds, the house came out beautifully. God blessings.
I hope there is no more water disturbance?

Hajji M.

Thank you Hajj Mufutau55.

For now, the water is stabilized. Moreover, there are more people building in the area and the near by canal is about to be dealt with.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by mufutau55(m): 2:45am On Mar 05, 2016
Qc1:

Thank you Hajj Mufutau55.
For now, the water is stabilized. Moreover, there are more people building in the area and the nea by canal is about to be dealt with.

I am very glad to hear this... I am always very scared when it comes to water leakages...

Note: With that construction pictures above, nah your house I go dey spend summer vacation o... smiley

Hajji M.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 3:00am On Mar 05, 2016
mufutau55:

I am very glad to hear this... I am always very scared when it comes to water leakages...

Note: With that construction pictures above, nah your house I go dey spend summer vacation o... smiley

Hajji M.

grin grin grin any day anytime. ..I even send you a first class tickets. I know you will do the same for me.

I have no doubt that you will soon build a house that's 1000000 times better than this. 2016 is your year and my God will surprise you.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by FastShipping: 3:04am On Mar 05, 2016
Qc1:
And.....

Congratulations.

This is one thing I won't stop till I achieve it. Borehole drilling has been a problem because my area has rock but with three wells to be dug on my property, I should be able to achieve this too.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by mufutau55(m): 3:06am On Mar 05, 2016
Qc1:

grin grin grin any day anytime. ..I even send you a first class tickets. I know you will do the same for me.
I have no doubt that you will soon build a house that's 1000000 times better than this. 2016 is your year and my God will surprise you.

Amen to that o. Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 3:30am On Mar 05, 2016
FastShipping:

Congratulations.

This is one thing I won't stop till I achieve it. Borehole drilling has been a problem because my area has rock but with three wells to be dug on my property, I should be able to achieve this too.

What about a big outside jacuzzi + nice patio? That should work.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by FastShipping: 3:36am On Mar 05, 2016
Qc1:

What about a big outside jacuzzi + nice patio? That should work.

Naaaa!! I want where kids can have a splash. Jacuzzi wouldn't be ideal.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 3:43am On Mar 05, 2016
FastShipping:

Naaaa!! I want where kids can have a splash. Jacuzzi wouldn't be ideal.

Yes I agree with you.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by twinskenny(m): 6:39am On Mar 05, 2016
Qc1:

Yes I agree with you.
the soak away is massive. Well done sir

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 8:19am On Mar 05, 2016
twinskenny:

Thank you. God bless you.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 05, 2016
twinskenny:

Baba the last pics looks like a pool to me o.
Oga QC1 abi na soakaway?
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 11:47am On Mar 05, 2016
3strike:

Baba the last pics looks like a pool to me o.
Oga QC1 abi na soakaway?

That's a pool.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
I know that there are many building color experts in the house, could you guys suggest some beautiful but rare colors or tiles or mixture of both?

Two or more heads are better than one!

Thanks.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by bugmenot: 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2016

Nice progress on your project, Sir QC1. Congratulations in advance.

On a lighter note, Is this your car? grin I saw it on Ozunba Mbadiwe on a rainy Good Friday. I gave a chase thinking it was you heading to an Easter celebration but the guy outran my clunker. angry

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 1:19am On Mar 29, 2016
bugmenot:

Nice progress on your project, Sir QC1. Congratulations in advance.

On a lighter note, Is this your car? grin I saw it on Ozunba Mbadiwe on a rainy Good Friday. I gave a chase thinking it was you heading to an Easter celebration but the guy outran my clunker. angry

Hmmmmmm....interesting. I live in Calgary AB. Canada.

That looks like VI in Lagos close to 2004.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
@ Endiasami

My email address is keem4ever69@gmail.com

Let's do business.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by EndiaSami: 2:16am On Apr 09, 2016
Qc1:

@ Endiasami

My email address is keem4ever69@gmail.com

Let's do business.

Alright! Check mail
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by abdulwastecx(m): 11:23am On May 12, 2016
semitunde:

Hmmm. I hope you're wrong about not doing the slab initially. When was the slab finally done? After superstructure block wall? To what stage?

Many don't realise, for a raft foundation to be effective, the slab has to be there. In a raft, technically the slab carries the weight of the building. The raft beams only keep the soil under the building within the raft area. It may be a little confusing, but if the slab isn't there the foundation is as good as a strip foundation.

Ive looked at the pix well now. I also modified my comment above. Pls read everything again as I just added comments here abs there.

Good luck bro, and well done so far.

The problem is this type of foundation is not a raft foundation. It is more like beam on grade foundation but we always confused it with raft in this part of the world. The construction techniques and reinforcement pattern of this type foundation is quit different.

All raft foundation must have the beam and slab monolithically cast together and the slab is designed to have contact with the soil with reasonable bearing capacity to support the building , hence excavation must be done to a suitable soil specify by soil investigation. These raft may be only slab (an inverted flat slab) or with beams to reduce punching shear of columns (up stand or down stand beams). That is the major reason why all raft foundation comes with basement.

The type of foundation use for this structure is beam on grade foundation. The settlement problem results from the uniform settlement of expansive clay and not from bearing capacity failure. If water can be avoided along the foundation area then the building will stand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer. / Acres Of Land Suitable For Poultry,Crops&Fish Pond In Ibadan*For Sale*with pics / Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.