Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... (19052 Views)

Habu Sabo: I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian Soldier- Army Officer / Breaking: Just Before The Dawn; Let Biafra Go, Let Biafra Be.- Yoruba Elder / AWOLOWO VS OJUKWU (achievements And Records) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
mezzyg:
i have checked all the yorubas achievement but its only first they can boast of and not a single innovation/discovery compared to the Jews in nigeria known as the Biafra people who are stunning the world with their innovations and creativity. By now you should know that records shows that 90% of world discovery/innovations are by Jews and that igbo people are jews; you cannot beat them in creativity, innovation and achievements.

LOL. Another deranged Biafran on the loose. grin grin grin Security? ? ? !!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Miss, I understand what you are trying to say but I disagree with you Yorubas are "always aiding the North" argument coz not only is it historically inaccurate, it also unfair and false. In fact, it can be argued that Zik (an Igboman) missed out on an GOLDEN opportunity to forge a coalition which could have salvaged the course of the country if only he had agreed to the proposition to forge an alliance with the then Action Group party after the 1959 federal elections (in that election Zik's NCNC had 81 seats, Awo's AG had 74, while Ahmadu Bello's NPC got 134 seats. Awo had subsequently approached Zik for a coalition after the results were announced and if that had alliance had materialized, both parties would have formed the goverment at the center at the time, relegating the North to an opposition party, and the history of Nigeria may likely have turned out differently. But alas, it didn't happened that way coz the NCNC (an Igbo Party) ended up forging an alliance with the Northern NPC which then produced a Tafawa Balewa as Prime Minister and Zik as President, while Awo's AG went into opposition. The rest they say is history. Since then up until the recent APC, the Yorubas have been in opposition (they even opposed OBJ, remember?). While the igbos have also had their share of power at the centre both before and after the civil war (think Shagari/Ekwueme and GEJ eras), even more so than the Yorubas. So why the constant scapegoating of Yorubas? ?

So you mean when Awolowo was under Gowon's desk it was only his hand that he was exercising? Not power?

8 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:

So you mean when Awolowo was under Gowon's desk it was only his hand that he was exercising? Not power?

That was a war-time alliance, Awo resigned from the gov't after the war. Zik was President, Ironsi was FIRST Nigerian military HOS, Ekwueme was VP under Shagari and SE also produced Senate President under that Government, and even the Speaker was from the former Eastern Region then. SE were in alliance and in bed with Babangida and Abacha while Yoruba leaders were exiled and getting murdered/butchered (Abiola and co.). Igbos virtually ran GEJ's government and had the real power, so what are you talking about?

9 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by mezzyg: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
tayooluwole:

Well, I know the kind of uncontrollable and killing headache you are currently battling with cos of yoruba achievements in every facet of life... Name 3 technological achievement atrributable to the Igbos except those aba-made directly copied from OYIBO... Haters are liable to die young..ok ?

Igbo are no match to yoruba, the difference is clear. Igbo jews break global/world records and yoruba are local champions, they can only boast of local/national records. if you dont know Igbo/biafra world technological breakthroughs not to talk of in internet (philip emeagwali, hopstop records, plus many others) then you are supposed to be well flogged and sent back to primary school to start afresh.
The right question shd be to Name 3 technological achievement/innovation atrributable to the Yorubas

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Chiaka(f): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hmn! My brother sorry if my comment is not very thorough and I may have been short sighted with my comment and your post I will not bother verifying because am not good with history really. But we both agree that true federalism is what we need the most to move this country forward right?. That's why country like US is progressing we claim to copy US democracy but turning blind eyes to true federalism. see US produces more oil than Nigeria in Taxas but they are into many and virtually everything.......and the non oil producing states are into so many other things and surviving on their own like the oil matter less to them.
Not practicing true federalism is hiding talents in Nigeria and making our economy streamlined instead of diversified.

OkutaNla:

Miss, I understand what you are trying to say but I disagree with you Yorubas are "always aiding the North" argument coz not only is it historically inaccurate, it also unfair and false. In fact, it can be argued that Zik (an Igboman) missed out on an GOLDEN opportunity to forge a coalition which could have salvaged the course of the country if only he had agreed to the proposition to forge an alliance with the then Action Group party after the 1959 federal elections (in that election Zik's NCNC had 81 seats, Awo's AG had 74, while Ahmadu Bello's NPC got 134 seats). Awo had subsequently approached Zik for a coalition after the results were announced and if that had alliance had materialized, both parties would have formed the government at the center at the time, relegating the North to an opposition party, and the history of Nigeria may likely have turned out differently. But alas, it didn't happened that way coz the NCNC (an Igbo Party) ended up forging an alliance with the Northern NPC which then produced a Tafawa Balewa as Prime Minister and Zik as President, while Awo's AG went into opposition. The rest they say is history. Since then up until the recent APC, the Yorubas have been in opposition (they even opposed OBJ, he wasn't their candidate, remember?). While the igbos have also had their share of power at the centre both before and after the civil war (think Zik, Ironsi, Shagari/Ekwueme and GEJ eras), even more so than the Yorubas. So why the constant scapegoating of Yorubas? ?

4 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chiaka:
Hmn! My brother sorry if my comment is not very thorough and I may have been short sighted with my comment and your post I will not bother verifying because am not good with history really. But we both agree that true federalism is what we need the most to move this country forward right?. That's why country like US is progressing we claim to copy US democracy but turning blind eyes to true federalism. see US produces more oil than Nigeria in Taxas but they are into many and virtually everything.......and the non oil producing states are into so many other things and surviving on their own like the oil matter less to them.
Not practicing true federalism is hiding talents in Nigeria and making our economy streamlined instead of diversified.

Just like you, I am ALL for TRUE FEDERALISM.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by tayooluwole: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
mezzyg:

Igbo are no match to yoruba, the difference is clear. Igbo jews break global/world records and yoruba are local champions, they can only boast of local/national records. if you dont know Igbo/biafra world technological breakthroughs not to talk of in internet (philip emeagwali, hopstop records, plus many others) then you suppose to go back to primary school and start afresh.
The right question shd be to Name 3 technological achievement/innovation atrributable to the Yorubas

I would have love you to mention up to 3 igbo technological achiever..why did you stop at 2 ? Since you people always claim to be ahead of other tribes in Naija in terms of technology, then I dare you to mention up to 5 igbo technological achiever... Ok ?

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Hahahaha! Liberation indeed. Since your capitulation and embarrassing defeat in that war, your people have remained slaves to the Nigerian federation. That's why you all are still crying for freedom. Only slaves ask for freedom. Una be our bbitchees. grin

There are 2 types of slaves, the ones fighting for their freedom n the ones that are content with their enslavement.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by kotv: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
As we all know, Yoruba people are the pacesetters in Nigeria, Africa and in some cases, the world at large. 

if anybody else made this statement, yoruba are usually the first to type chest beater but here are the hypocrites doing exactly what they condemn.
inferiority complex is heavy in yoruba people.

12 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by disumusa: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:
Oladipo Diya - First ever general to bend on his knees and cry like a 3 year old girl.
president general argu irons,first ever president to be kneked in public,cry like one year old baby,fluged by constable, cut his private part and hang on military towing vehicle pole and also tight him to vehicle and draged him all over lagos till ironsi give up and die.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
chuna1985:

There are 2 types of slaves, the ones fighting for their freedom n the ones that are content with their enslavement.

I agree. A sizable number of igbo slaves in Nigeria are quite content with their current state and condition, while the freedom-fighting lot amongst them keep clamouring for freedom. Needless to say that it is obvious which group you belong to. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by disumusa: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:

This is about mgbati people. Be proud of your general.

I am proud of Ojukwu for not allowing himself to be used for Sallah ram like Abiola or Gani or all the other jelly-legged cowards that yorubaland produced.
but ojuku did the worst by comiting suside by taken otapiapia.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by disumusa: 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
tayooluwole:
If the lagooners like make them no accept, YORUBAS leads and others follows, the lagooners are only good at chest-beating, and they are the pioneer of crime in Nigeria...
its only gorrilla that beat chest. I.e mua,mua,mua grin
tayooluwole:
If the lagooners like make them no accept, YORUBAS leads and others follows, the lagooners are only good at chest-beating, and they are the pioneer of crime in Nigeria...
its only gorrilla that beat chest. I.e mua,mua,mua
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

I agree. A sizable number of igbo slaves in Nigeria are quite content with their current state and condition, while the freedom-fighting lot amongst them keep clamouring for freedom. Needless to say that it is obvious which group you belong to. cheesy

The s waste have employed demselves to decide d number of igbos want biafra and d number dat does not....I guess the 50% unemployment rate iz d reason.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by mezzyg: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
tayooluwole:

I would have love you to mention up to 3 igbo technological achiever..why did you stop at 2 ? Since you people always claim to be ahead of other tribes in Naija in terms of technology, then I dare you to mention up to 5 igbo technological achiever... Ok ?
where do i start from? Biafra’s scientific and technological acumen is not a legend: it is fact. Yes, Biafrans made the Ogbunigwe during the war: military and arms innovation would have surely followed. Yes, Biafrans extracted Oil and refined their own Crude during the war: certainly, they would have been able to build, operate and maintain their own refineries after the war. Post-war, in the 1990’s an Igbo / Biafran, Dr. Izuogu, built the first all-made-in-Africa (read: all-made-in-Igbo / Biafra) car: the very same Nigerian forces that had been suppressing this feat all along saw to it that this achievement was totally rubbished. All over the world, the Igbo / Biafrans are making their mark, contributing freely to every aspect of world progress, under the flag and banner of those other countries—that is, every place else on planet Earth but Nigeria.

Igbos are the most Achivers in Africa.

The inventor of the internet, Phillip Emeagwali,
Ndi Igbo have:

Produced Nigeria's first president (Zik)

Produced some of Africa's best literature ever (Things Fall Apart) that is world famous

Were the first in all of Sub-saharan Africa to perfect bronze metalworking (Igbo-Ukwu)

Have a unique form of democracy in the region that is only shared by the Ewe of Ghana

Are considered the "brains" of Nigeria

Lead the way in the movie department (Nollywood)

Are by far Nigeria's best and brightest business people

Fought valiantly against the oppressive and genocidal forces of Nigeria and were only subdued due to foreign intervention

Produced one of the main candidates for the position of the Pope (Francis Cardinal Arinze)

Were the first to provide a firsthand account of the trans-Atlantic slave trade (Equiano)

Produced the first female fianance minister of Nigeria (Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

Produced some of Africa's best football players (Kanu, Okocha, etc).
Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme, Second Republic Vice President of Nigeria
Emeka Ojukwu, The President of the defunct Republic of Biafra
P.N. Okeke-Ojiudu, Nigerian Politician and Businessman
Dr. Pius Okigbo, Distinguished economist
Philip Njoku Emeagwali, Computer scientist
Christopher Okigbo, Poet
Sir C. Chukwu - first Nigerian airplane pilot
Donatus Ibeakwadalam Nwoga - philosopher
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - first female Finance Minister; Foreign Minister; former Vice President of the World Bank
Damian Anyanwu - inventor and diplomat
Michael Echeruo - poet and scholar
Chikezie V. Uchendu - classical anthropologist
Onyeka Onwenu - singer, journalist, actress, humanist
Augustine Njoku-Obi - developer of cholera vaccine
Ezekiel Izuogu - scientist and inventor of the first automobile of indigenous all-African technology, the Z-600
Chika Sylva-Olejeme - President of the International Peace Institute
Collins E. Ijoma - First African and youngest person to obtain position of Trial Court Administrator in the USA.

The bronze and other associated archaeological finds in Igbo Ukwu town prove that Igbo civilization was one of the earliest in the West African rainforest area.
Dated over 1000 years ago, Connah (2004) acclaims the high level of skill, brilliance, uniqueness and technological sophistication of the finds, and wonders how the Igbo got involved with such a complex venture at such an early date (Connah 2004 p. 116). But latter day ingenuity of the Igbo people in science and technology would only confound those who marvel at Igbo Ukwu discoveries carbon-dated to be over 1000 years.

I have asked you to Name 3 technological achievement/innovation atrributable to the Yorubas and you cant name any because there is none.
Now you should keep quiet and be happy atleast for being a local champion and cowards enslaved by the blind Northerners.
this also goes to all this small pikins here who dont know their history and who thought Biafra lost the war; they only retreated. Ogbunigwe will be a child's play to the next nuclear bombs they are producing. This time around they will clean any region in nigeria from the world map that will wage war against them. You will be a big fool to underrate what biafra can do.

9 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
chuna1985:

The s waste have employed demselves to decide d number of igbos want biafra and d number dat does not....I guess the 50% unemployment rate iz d reason.

Lol. If SW employment rate is 50% as you allege, then your erosion infested s beast must definitely be worse off coz we are the ones accommodating your economic migrants and destitutes here in our region. God bless Fashola for setting the precedent of deporting your lot from our region. Expect more Biafran deportation from now on. Enough is enough. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
tayooluwole:

Well, I know the kind of uncontrollable and killing headache you are currently battling with cos of yoruba achievements in every facet of life... Name 3 technological achievement atrributable to the Igbos except those aba-made directly copied from OYIBO... Haters are liable to die young..ok ?

Tayo, why are you indulging that fool? ? Anyone that can honest spew the sort of rubbish about Igbos being "jews" has to be deranged. Quit entertaining his foolishness. Please, the guy is sick in the head.

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by tayooluwole: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
mezzyg:
where do i start from? Biafra’s scientific and technological acumen is not a legend: it is fact. Yes, Biafrans made the Ogbunigwe during the war: military and arms innovation would have surely followed. Yes, Biafrans extracted Oil and refined their own Crude during the war: certainly, they would have been able to build, operate and maintain their own refineries after the war. Post-war, in the 1990’s an Igbo / Biafran, Dr. Izuogu, built the first all-made-in-Africa (read: all-made-in-Igbo / Biafra) car: the very same Nigerian forces that had been suppressing this feat all along saw to it that this achievement was totally rubbished. All over the world, the Igbo / Biafrans are making their mark, contributing freely to every aspect of world progress, under the flag and banner of those other countries—that is, every place else on planet Earth but Nigeria.

Ndi Igbo have:

Produced some of Africa's best literature ever (Things Fall Apart) that is world famous

Were the first in all of Sub-saharan Africa to perfect bronze metalworking (Igbo-Ukwu)

Have a unique form of democracy in the region that is only shared by the Ewe of Ghana

Fought valiantly against the oppressive and genocidal forces of Nigeria and were only subdued due to foreign intervention

Produced one of the main candidates for the position of the Pope (Francis Cardinal Arinze)

Were the first to provide a firsthand account of the trans-Atlantic slave trade (Equiano)

Christopher Okigbo, Poet
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - first female Finance Minister; Foreign Minister; former Vice President of the World Bank
Ezekiel Izuogu - scientist and inventor of the first automobile of indigenous all-African technology, the Z-600
Collins E. Ijoma - First African and youngest person to obtain position of Trial Court Administrator in the USA.

I have asked you to Name 3 technological achievement/innovation atrributable to the Yorubas and you cant name any because there is none.
Now you should keep quiet and be happy atleast for being a local champion and cowards enslaved by the blind Northerners.
this also goes to all this small pikins here who dont know their history and who thought Biafra lost the war; they only retreated. Ogbunigwe will be a child's play to the next nuclear bombs they are producing. This time around they will clean any region in nigeria from the world map that will wage war against them. You will be a big fool to underrate what biafra can do.

Guy, you are just ranting like a hungry idiot... I said it earlier on, all these technology you are chest-beating about are directly copied from OYINBO, this can be done by any tribe. Just like BH produces the bomb they use themselves. Should we attribute BOMB to BH ? Again, name the technology that is Igbo-initiative...don't come here and start mentioning what Oyinbo produced and been using in their domain time immemorial. If OYIBO had not made Gun, had not made refineries, and some other technologies you produced during civil war, would Igbo-flat-dull-brainwatery-and-stinking-head would have tought of producing those technology? I'm daring you for the last time, mention 5 achievements in the technological world that is attributable to Igbo-initiatives.... Yoruba is the best, quit hatred mr man...ok ?

11 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by disumusa: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:

This thread is mgbati thread.

Ilorin still yorubalad? Afonja lol.
mumu go and take sugar so that you can get out of your national fouthclass frustration and maginalization.

Its only inexperience and small girl like you that will say kogi,kwara are yoruba land.infact with the geographica and topographical system,land,nature, you'l know that kwara,kogi are north.

Yoruba had not lost land or property to any region,

1) they rather extend to kogi,kwara by encroaching north.

2) they also extend and encroach ibo region and extablish their kingdom at warri i.e olu of isekiri. Benin kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by mezzyg: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Tayo, why are you indulging that fool? ? Anyone that can honest spew the sort of rubbish about Igbos being "jews" has to be deranged. Quit entertaining his foolishness. Please, the guy is sick in the head.

this is perfect description of who you are. you don't know your origin/history and you think we igbo jews are like you; uncircumcised philistines and moabites. You better embrace the gospel now because that is the only way for you to partake in abrahamic blessings and in what we jews are enjoying
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by disumusa: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Omenkata:

including the rat poison king Awolawo
you forgoten that ojuku later poison himself with otapiapia as a result of psychological frustration.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:

Seriously, if I were a yorubaman, I would have killed myself since.

The sad thing is that an Igbo man produced the rat poison that killed awolowo. Awolowo died with the aid of a powerful Igbo made otapiapia.

Igbo Kwenu
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by disumusa: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
chuna1985:

ibos are double slaves i.e slave to yoruba and hausa

6 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by farem: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Prof.Odekunle, the first professor of criminology in Nigeria and arguably in Africa
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by forgiveness: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
ENTERTAIMENT

Music:
1,Sade Adu( 1 American Music Award, 1BRIT Award, 4 Grammy Awards)

2, Taio Cruz( 1 America music Award, 1 BRIT Award, 4 ASCAP Award, 1 muchmusic Video Awards)

3, Seal(3 BRIT Awards, 4 Grammy Awards, Ivor Novello Award)

4, Angelique Kodjo( 2 Grammy Awards, 1 MOBO Award)

5, Cassandra Wilson( 2 Grammy Awrads)

Other Grammy Nominees

Ledisi Anibade Young, 9 times Nominee

Nas: 11 times

Wale( 1 BET Award and 1 Grammy Nominee)

Femi Kuti: 4 times

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
tayooluwole:
As we all know, Yoruba people are the pacesetters
in Nigeria, Africa and in some cases, the world at
large. We are the head, never the tail. Here are a
few of Yorubas who have comfortably enshrined
their names in the record book.
Abimbola Awoliyi is Nigeria’s first female doctor
-Kolapo Hamzat is the youngest professor of
physiotherapy in Nigeria and Africa
-Adegoke olubunmo is the first professor of
Mathematics in Africa
-Momodu Mosobalaje Olaloye is the first African
professor of Geology
-Dele Olojede is the first and only African to win a
Pulitzer prize
-Abimbola jayeola is Nigeria’s First Female
Helicopter Pilot
-William Akinola Dawodu was the first Nigerian car
importer, he started importing cars into Nigeria in
-Prof. Jade Akande was the first female professor of
law in West Africa
-Kofo Ademola is the first black woman to receive
an undergraduate degree from Oxford University
-Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara is the youngest
African PHD Holder in Mathematics
-Deborah Enilo Ajakaiye is the first female physics
professor in Africa and also the first black African to
be named a fellow of the Geological society of
London
-Wole Soyinka is the first black and only African to
win a Nobel prize for literature
-Thomas Adesanya ige grillo is the first Nigerian
professor of anatomy
-Taslim Elias is the first African to be president of
the International Court of Justice (World Court)
-Folake Folarin-Coker the first African-based fashion
designer to stage a show twice at the New York
Fashion Week
-Latunde Odeku is the first US-trained black
neurosurgeon and the 1st professor of neuro-
surgery in Nigeria.
-Bode Thomas created the First indigenous Nigerian
law firm
-I.K dairo is the first Nigerian to be conferred title of
Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British
Empire (MBE
-Amzat Beyioku Adebowale is The first Nigerian to
bring Sharp range of electronic products in Nigeria
-Prof. Taiyewo Kolawole is the first Nigerian neuro-
radiologist
-Prof. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya is the first female
Professor of Physiotherapy in Africa.
-Dr. Olu Jaiyebo is The first Agronomist in Nigeria.
Professor Micheal Adepoju Adeyemo is The first
Nigerian Chartered Accountant
-Latola Films was the 1st film production company
in Nigeria
-Prof. Ilesanmi Adesida, is the first black Vice-
Chancellor in an american unversity
-Mrs. Sade Thomas-Fahm is the First woman to own
a boutique in Nigeria
-Nojim Maiyegun is the first Nigerian to win an
Olympic medal
-Adenike Osofisan is the first African Female
Professor of Computer Science.
-Prof T.O Ogunlesi is the first professor of Medicine
in Nigeria
-Chief Akintola Williams is the First African to
qualify as a chartered accountant
-Ezekiel Adekunle Ifaturoti is the first mining
engineer in Nigeria
-Rotimi Adebari is the First black mayor of Ireland
-Folake Solanke is the First Female Senior Advocate
of Nigeria
-Elizabeth Abimbola is the First Nigerian Female
Doctor-1937
-Helen Folasade Adu is the First Nigerian-born artist
to win a Grammy-1986
-Prof. Bolanle Awe: Nigeria's first female Professor
of History
-Professor Thomas Adeoye Lambo is Africa’s first
professor of psychiatry.
-Engineer Dr. (Mrs.) Olatokubo A Somolu: is
Nigeria’s first Female to hold a PHD in Engineering
-Mrs Adetowun Ogunsheye is The first female
professor in Nigeria
-Mrs bisoye esther tejuosho is Nigeria’s first female
industrialist
-Michael Onafowokan is Nigeria’s first Architect
-Aderonke Kale is the first Female Nigerian Armed
Forces (2 Star) Major General:
-Chief (Dr.) Bola Kuforiji Olubi is The first Female
Chartered Accountant in Nigeria
-George Olatokunbo Okikiolu, has written more
mathematics papers than any other Black
mathematician in history
-Katherline okikiolu is the first black person to win
the most prestigious award for young mathematics
researchers in the United States and the first black
woman to publish an article in the Annals of
Mathematics
-Samuel Layinka Ayodeji invented the excision
knife to treat tropical ulcers. he won the Robert
Wilson Memorial Prize in Chemistry and the
Welcome Prize in Medicine.

Like we said, those are a few. The list itself is
endless.
And by the way, where is your own name ….. ?
Great

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
OkutaNla:

Lol. If SW employment rate is 50% as you allege, then your erosion infested s beast must definitely be worse off coz we are the ones accommodating your economic migrants and destitutes here in our region. God bless Fashola for setting the precedent of deporting your lot from our region. Expect more Biafran deportation from now on. Enough is enough. cheesy

Fashola deported igbo, hausa and yoruba people from lagos.......weeks later he apologised to d igbos...connect it.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
disumusa:
ibos are double slaves i.e slave to yoruba and hausa

Loooooooooooooooool, yoruba ke

Ur from chad.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by halexito(m): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
No hating pls. I am proudly a Yoruba guy. Despite our differences I love d other tribes too. We Yoruba are accommodating, loving , intelligent n peaceful. I love d creativity of my Igbo brothers. They can create almost anything! D north' s problems are just greed for power n control, violent in nature n not so creative in mind n action like d southern areas. But I love d average Hausa man's simplicity. The average Hausa is contented with a little but d leading elites from there are of a vicious breed. I just wish for a fair constitution for dis country where every region will use the bulk of their own resources to develop at their own pace. We are currently running an unfair constitution. I love d memory of Rashidi Yekini, Tijani Babangida n the legendary Austin J.J. Okocha!

3 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:
Oladipo Diya - First ever general to bend on his knees and cry like a 3 year old girl.

grin grin grin grin Abeg I no wan laff
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by abacusCm(m): 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
mezzyg:

Ndi Igbo have:

Christopher Okigbo, Poet

let me help you add one more name.Clifford Nwa Orji. First Nigerian cannibal is an Ibo man

13 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by OkutaNla: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
mezzyg:

this is perfect description of who you are. you don't know your origin/history and you think we igbo jews are like you; uncircumcised philistines and moabites. You better embrace the gospel now because that is the only way for you to partake in abrahamic blessings and in what we jews are enjoying

Like I adviced Tayo, you are deranged and living in your own fantasyland. Even the way you write exposes your mental imbalance. My origin and history are not in doubt. It is you Biafrans who are still suffering from psychological hangover over your defeat in the last war, since then you've been looking for anything that would boost your collective self-esteems and egos, and make you feel like 'somebody' cheesy so you cookup all kinds of bizarre theories and foolishness. You can continue if it makes you feel good about yourselves, it doesn't affect my life in anyway.

We are international players (our men and women are the only Pulitzer and Nobel prize winners in Africa, current president of Benin Republic is a yorubaman), while you all are local champions ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people vs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people ). All those people you list up there cannot hold a candle to Yorubas in terms of achievements and added value (One Mike Adenuga owner of Glo who has created tens of thousands of jobs, is worth more than all those people you listed up there). I repeat that you are delusional.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Let’s Unite And Remove Buhari From Office – Wike Tells PDP Aspirants / Bukola Saraki Cuts His 55th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Boko Haram: Buhari Approves Release Of $1bn For Security Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.