Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... (19072 Views)

Habu Sabo: I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian Soldier- Army Officer / Breaking: Just Before The Dawn; Let Biafra Go, Let Biafra Be.- Yoruba Elder / AWOLOWO VS OJUKWU (achievements And Records) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by hakeem4(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Omenkata:

Nope he died naturally but Awolawo died by rat poison isn't it? grin
shut up you stupid fool .. Awolowo died a natural death

3 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by DiademSh07: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
chuna1985:

The first vice chancellor in UNILAG is professor Eni Njoku.

The first vice chancellor of university of Ibadan is Professor kenneth dike.
Under who? Zik!
Same zik that was helped into position by the whites!
Ibos has never archieved anything solely!
Losers!

5 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by DiademSh07: 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
BermudaTriangle:

More than placard-carrying is coming. Many of you may not leave the SW with their complete personal effects talk less of property.
Lol.
Same happened to them at ladipo only for them to cry foul that they weren't informed!
Bunch of losers!

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Ritchiee: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
vega84:
. Who is exchanging words wit u? Foolish coward Taaa commot here u should be shamed that ur foolish grandfather is a youruba dirty tins #vegatalks
When a documented cannibal like the Ibos tells even a pig that it is dirty, the pig always says...loooool...with a wink... ROFL...

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by DiademSh07: 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:

See chest beater.

Go to the roads and tell me which tribes are begging in the zoo?
After beating your oil filled chest, your family members will still pay me rent in my house in Lagos.

Your elites can take nos 1 to 20 in the zoo politics, ours just make sure our people don't beg.

From 20 naira to billions, proudly Igbo. cool
Imagine ibo thieves wanted banks to give each ibos a million and not 20 pounds without any tendering of teller to show they had money in the banks! The bank should go bankrupt for their stup!dity?
Even 20 pounds for each ibo was too much, how much was a teacher earnining at the time? Bunch of ingrates!
Losers!
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by DiademSh07: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:

Satan forbid I measure up to Oladipo Diya.
Ojukwu, the transgender is the most pathetic! A real clown!

3 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by LeStylo: 10:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
zendy:

At least Ojukwu was fighting for the liberation his people unlike Awolowo who opted to become "boy-boy" to Gowon who was young enough to be his son, and in the process, sold the Yoruba nation to the Nothern oligarchy

It might interest you to know that Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu returned to Nigeria to support Shagari's return to power in 1983. He neither supported Awolowo nor his very brother - Chief Dr Nnamdi Azikwe. He supported the very people you loathe and blame for all the wrongs.

High time we laid to rest the overbeaten myth of people liberation.
He was human anyway.

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Ayus34(m): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chiaka:

My main issue is that yorubas are always aiding the north to be in power as long as this continues we can hardly achieve true federalism, north likes to grab power in order to maintain the current imbalance and injustice in the system and this move continues to drag the country backward and not forward.
U re right that truly North are always thirsty of power but very wrong saying Yoruba always support them... Go back to ur history book and u will see, this is the first alignment between Yorubas and northerners, it has always be between Igbo and the North. .. azikwe is a case study!

5 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 30, 2015
oluwalfa:

Lol. Oba Akiolu, the Goat of Lagos cried to the lagoon and mamiwater as soon as he saw just a few of us in his palace. Who starts jittering in the presence of slaves if not worse than slave?
shut d fucck up. Some Yorubas historians/Authors said yorubas came frm Mecca in saudi Arabia but, yoruba people will never put dat in their heads. u call urselves jews and u r 1000percent opposite of d Jews.

When their is war, ur leaders we start making noises out of safety abroad. if not for yorubas in this country, Hausas and fulanis wud have overthrown d Igbo totally to be more slaves in their own territory (South East and Nigeria at large than u r today.

Swear with your life if you are not somewhere in d South West(yoruba land) trying to feed urself.

Igbos Everywhere live fake lives, Prostitute women, Crimes, Drugs Baby factories, Kidnapping, fake people, fake jewish people, Homosexuality e.t.c.

The few Igbos that are making it are from the South West lest fulanis Cows will be better off you.

shame on you 4 life.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 30, 2015
mezzyg:
i have checked all the yorubas achievement but its only first they can boast of and not a single innovation/discovery compared to the Jews in nigeria known as the Biafra people who are stunning the world with their innovations and creativity. By now you should know that records shows that 90% of world discovery/innovations are by Jews and that igbo people are jews; you cannot beat them in creativity, innovation and achievements.

you want to steal Isreal achievement in europe and put that into ur igbotic Cultures/lives. it cannot be possible.
Igbos are not Jewish likewise Yorubas are not frm Mecca.

Had it been Isreal is liken to Somalia will u say u r Jewish?grin
Igbo and fake lives all d time.
Yoruba people are your backbone lest you will be nothing in this country.

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 30, 2015
Chiaka:

My main issue is that yorubas are always aiding the north to be in power as long as this continues we can hardly achieve true federalism, north likes to grab power in order to maintain the current imbalance and injustice in the system and this move continues to drag the country backward and not forward.
u r totally wrong, Yorubas has always being opposition to d North but out of empathy and envy ur people will cast ur votes in Masses for them.
this is d actually d first time Yorubas voted 4 hausa man but Igbos has been voting for d North since d 1960s

go check d history again.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Omenkata: 1:04am On Jul 30, 2015
hakeem4:
shut up you stupid fool .. Awolowo died a natural death
Nope he drank rat poison isn't it?
he's the rat poison king Awolawo
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Rexnegro(m): 1:33am On Jul 30, 2015
Chiaka:

u guys are not trustworthy at all, the northerners are far better in assisting than u igbos. U guys got no RESPECT and ATTITUDE , funny enuf that make u guys tink wrongly that u re superior to other tribes,some of u behave like Retards, no offense just been factual. Now no tribe is pulling any tribe backward, the north may not have much but the li2 they contribute is sometin. Our major prob is our constitution, to me a lot of tinz isn't right in it.....then Left to me I'll even like u igbos to go to una biafra. Plenty tribal crisis await u all , u guys that don't genuinely love one another.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by zendy: 6:27am On Jul 30, 2015
LeStylo:

It might interest you to know that Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu returned to Nigeria to support Shagari's return to power in 1983. He neither supported Awolowo nor his very brother - Chief Dr Nnamdi Azikwe. He supported the very people you loathe and blame for all the wrongs.

High time we laid to rest the overbeaten myth of people liberation.
He was human anyway.

Yes Ojukwu came back and went into politics. Naturally, nobody would have expected him to start fighting again at that time. And there was no way Ojukwu would have supported Awolowo or Zik because both men had betrayed him in the Biafran struggle. Shagari and Ojukwu had no problems.

overbeaten myth of people liberation? I'm an Igbo man. I was a free man before the White Man came to force me into the "captive union" called Nigeria. The struggle of my people to get out that union is not a myth, it is real and our right
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by hakeem4(m): 6:46am On Jul 30, 2015
Omenkata:

Nope he drank rat poison isn't it?
he's the rat poison king Awolawo

I don't argue with fools
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by disumusa: 6:47am On Jul 30, 2015
zendy:

Yes Ojukwu came back and went into politics. Naturally, nobody would have expected him to start fighting again at that time. And there was no way Ojukwu would have supported Awolowo or Zik because both men had betrayed him in the Biafran struggle. Shagari and Ojukwu had no problems.

overbeaten myth of people liberation? I'm an Igbo man. I was a free man before the White Man came to force me into the "captive union" called Nigeria. The struggle of my people to get out that union is not a myth, it is real and our right
by the way,support or not support, did Yoruba's sent or plan war with ojuku or IBO's.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by disumusa: 7:02am On Jul 30, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard! Who should be committing suicide? The one whose tribe hold nos 2,3,6, Senate Chief Whip and House Leader or the one whose tribe is managing a meagre no 5 gotten by APC's carelessness.

In the second republic, an ibo man was only good enough to be ceremonial president (Zik)

In the third republic, an ibo man was only good enough to be vice president (Ekwueme)

In the fourth republic, an ibo man was only good enough to be senate president (5 of them).

Now, an ibo man is only good enough to be deputy senate president(no 5) irrespective of whether the President is from the south or north.

Soon, an ibo man will only be good enough to be deputy speaker (no 6).

From deputy to David Mark to deputy to Bukola Saraki. How low, senseless, shameless and uncouth can ibos get? Do ibos have any iota of pride and self-esteem at all?
And you are here beating an empty chest when your head should actually be buried in the sand.
What a politically hopeless tribe. There is more political hope for the Ijaw, Efik etc in Nigeria than for the ibos.

What a shame!!

To hell with south!! The Yoruba race extends beyond the south west. A Yoruba man is heading the National Assembly. Chikena.
The real northerners know themselves. Dr Junaid Mohammed is one of them. Go and contend with him:

ibos are nowhere near the Yorubas in any aspect of Nigeria's existence.
n
Proudly Yoruba
Yoruba's have more quality people that IBO's, the is why, all they think is how to condemned Yoruba's

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Omenkata: 7:10am On Jul 30, 2015
hakeem4:
I don't argue with fools

rather do i argue with dog's sperm products cheesy

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 30, 2015
Rexnegro:

u guys are not trustworthy at all, the northerners are far better in assisting than u igbos. U guys got no RESPECT and ATTITUDE , funny enuf that make u guys tink wrongly that u re superior to other tribes,some of u behave like Retards, no offense just been factual. Now no tribe is pulling any tribe backward, the north may not have much but the li2 they contribute is sometin. Our major prob is our constitution, to me a lot of tinz isn't right in it.....then Left to me I'll even like u igbos to go to una biafra. Plenty tribal crisis await u all , u guys that don't genuinely love one another.

don't mind them jawe. d few igbo historians in dis country r all frm d S.west.
Musically, if their music no blow frm South West, d music no go blow and d musician no go blow.
Likewise in Business, Politics, Education even ur Biafran dreams cannot be made possible without d Yorubas.
Na Yorubas achievement they used promote themselves now and one Ibo will be telling stories of d Yorubas knowing fully they have nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Chiaka(f): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

u r totally wrong, Yorubas has always being opposition to d North but out of empathy and envy ur people will cast ur votes in Masses for them.
this is d actually d first time Yorubas voted 4 hausa man but Igbos has been voting for d North since d 1960s

....and what did Obasanjo do Handing over to Yaradua it was just by chance God luck became the President!
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Chiaka(f): 9:22am On Jul 30, 2015
Rexnegro:

So where does the bulk of Nigeria Revenue come from You think silly!
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Chiaka(f): 9:23am On Jul 30, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

....and what did Obasanjo do Handing over to Yaradua it was just by chance God luck became the President!
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 30, 2015
Chiaka:

Yaradua administration was d best in Nigerian history. he was corruption free leader. GEJ got d chance and totally ruin d chances.
beside, PDP is a northern party Obasanjo will be compelled more to take it back to the North where it belongs to.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Chiaka(f): 9:34am On Jul 30, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

Yaradua administration was d best in Nigerian history. he was corruption free leader. GEJ got d chance and totally ruin d chances.
beside, PDP is a northern party Obasanjo will be compelled more to take it back to the North where it belongs to.

Excuses! I see.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by sherrylo: 9:50am On Jul 30, 2015
disumusa:
president general argu irons,first ever president to be kneked in public,cry like one year old baby,fluged by constable, cut his private part and hang on military towing vehicle pole and also tight him to vehicle and draged him all over lagos till ironsi give up and die.

Really? Pls tell me more
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Ritchiee: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
tayooluwole:
As we all know, Yoruba people are the pacesetters
in Nigeria, Africa and in some cases, the world at
large. We are the head, never the tail. Here are a
few of Yorubas who have comfortably enshrined
their names in the record book.
Abimbola Awoliyi is Nigeria’s first female doctor
-Kolapo Hamzat is the youngest professor of
physiotherapy in Nigeria and Africa
-Adegoke olubunmo is the first professor of
Mathematics in Africa
-Momodu Mosobalaje Olaloye is the first African
professor of Geology
-Dele Olojede is the first and only African to win a
Pulitzer prize
-Abimbola jayeola is Nigeria’s First Female
Helicopter Pilot
-William Akinola Dawodu was the first Nigerian car
importer, he started importing cars into Nigeria in
-Prof. Jade Akande was the first female professor of
law in West Africa
-Kofo Ademola is the first black woman to receive
an undergraduate degree from Oxford University
-Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara is the youngest
African PHD Holder in Mathematics
-Deborah Enilo Ajakaiye is the first female physics
professor in Africa and also the first black African to
be named a fellow of the Geological society of
London
-Wole Soyinka is the first black and only African to
win a Nobel prize for literature
-Thomas Adesanya ige grillo is the first Nigerian
professor of anatomy
-Taslim Elias is the first African to be president of
the International Court of Justice (World Court)
-Folake Folarin-Coker the first African-based fashion
designer to stage a show twice at the New York
Fashion Week
-Latunde Odeku is the first US-trained black
neurosurgeon and the 1st professor of neuro-
surgery in Nigeria.
-Bode Thomas created the First indigenous Nigerian
law firm
-I.K dairo is the first Nigerian to be conferred title of
Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British
Empire (MBE
-Amzat Beyioku Adebowale is The first Nigerian to
bring Sharp range of electronic products in Nigeria
-Prof. Taiyewo Kolawole is the first Nigerian neuro-
radiologist
-Prof. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya is the first female
Professor of Physiotherapy in Africa.
-Dr. Olu Jaiyebo is The first Agronomist in Nigeria.
Professor Micheal Adepoju Adeyemo is The first
Nigerian Chartered Accountant
-Latola Films was the 1st film production company
in Nigeria
-Prof. Ilesanmi Adesida, is the first black Vice-
Chancellor in an american unversity
-Mrs. Sade Thomas-Fahm is the First woman to own
a boutique in Nigeria
-Nojim Maiyegun is the first Nigerian to win an
Olympic medal
-Adenike Osofisan is the first African Female
Professor of Computer Science.
-Prof T.O Ogunlesi is the first professor of Medicine
in Nigeria
-Chief Akintola Williams is the First African to
qualify as a chartered accountant
-Ezekiel Adekunle Ifaturoti is the first mining
engineer in Nigeria
-Rotimi Adebari is the First black mayor of Ireland
-Folake Solanke is the First Female Senior Advocate
of Nigeria
-Elizabeth Abimbola is the First Nigerian Female
Doctor-1937
-Helen Folasade Adu is the First Nigerian-born artist
to win a Grammy-1986
-Prof. Bolanle Awe: Nigeria's first female Professor
of History
-Professor Thomas Adeoye Lambo is Africa’s first
professor of psychiatry.
-Engineer Dr. (Mrs.) Olatokubo A Somolu: is
Nigeria’s first Female to hold a PHD in Engineering
-Mrs Adetowun Ogunsheye is The first female
professor in Nigeria
-Mrs bisoye esther tejuosho is Nigeria’s first female
industrialist
-Michael Onafowokan is Nigeria’s first Architect
-Aderonke Kale is the first Female Nigerian Armed
Forces (2 Star) Major General:
-Chief (Dr.) Bola Kuforiji Olubi is The first Female
Chartered Accountant in Nigeria
-George Olatokunbo Okikiolu, has written more
mathematics papers than any other Black
mathematician in history
-Katherline okikiolu is the first black person to win
the most prestigious award for young mathematics
researchers in the United States and the first black
woman to publish an article in the Annals of
Mathematics
-Samuel Layinka Ayodeji invented the excision
knife to treat tropical ulcers. he won the Robert
Wilson Memorial Prize in Chemistry and the
Welcome Prize in Medicine.

Like we said, those are a few. The list itself is
endless.
And by the way, where is your own name ….. ?
The first and only Nigerian to head the United Nation is Yoruba-Prof Ajibola...The only Nigerian to lead Head Of Governments of the world is Yoruba-Chief Olusegun Obasanjo...The first Nigerian to head the AfDB is Yoruba-Dr Akinwumi...TECHNOLOGY:The only Nigerians to build the eight wonder of the world known as Sungbo Eredo are Yorubas.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sungbo%27s_Eredo... Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King...https://www.nairaland.com/797242/bbcs-documentary-bronze-cast-head...The only Nigerian to build a DRONE is Yoruba..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECw9FCWk8Gg...The only Nigerian to make phones is Yoruba..http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2015/03/02/the-30-year-old-nigerian-mobile-phone-entrepreneur-who-is-challenging-apple-in-africa/...The only Nigerian to build a JET CAR is Yoruba..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPE-Xt8bCcs... Yorubas coined the name "naira" for the Nigerian standard monetary unit and helped to finance the Civil War and preserve the federation without borrowing. Yorubas are the first and only people to build a standard stadium in Nigeria, the first of its kind in Africa; Yorubas were the first to establish the first television station in Africa;Yorubas were the first to erect the first skyscraper in tropical Africa: the Cocoa House,Yorubas were the first...but I still say that every tribe in Nigeria has its weak points and its power points...if you know what I mean... undecided undecided grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
Most people wish to own a land but lack the zeal and determination to acquire a property, probably because they are threatened by the activities of “Omonile” and fraudulent realtors. Why not partner with BARIFEC REALTIES LIMITED and get as much property you desire with full indemnity to your land.

BARIFEC REALTIES LIMITED has commenced a promotional offer at Grace Park And Gardens (one of its estate at Mowe-Ofada). Grace Park And Gardens is situated at Orilemo area of Obafemi Owode Local Govt,. It’s located in a blend of residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural activities. Grace Park And Gardens boast of a community that thrives greatly in huge economic, financial and industrial services.

The estate is Located within the environment of numerous Estates, Football Academy, Construction Company, Nestle plc, Chrisland Millenium University, and many more

The Benefits of the Scheme:
• Liberation from the canker worm of the ‘Omo oniles’
• No issue of fictitious Vendors
• Flexible Payment Plan
• Fast land appreciation for speculators
• No agency fees required.
• Burden of procuring C of O is completely removed.

Infrastructure to be provided within the estate:
• Perimeter Fencing
• Ultra-modern borehole
• Good Drainage system
• Sewage disposal system
• Electricity
• Recreational facilities
• Environmental Security
• Good Road Network, etc.

Title on the Land: Land purchase agreement / irrevocable power of attorney donated by the customary owners, Survey and Layout plan, and a Global C/O .

PAYMENT PLAN FOR A PLOT:
Plots of land are now selling at a promotional offer of #550,000 on outright purchase. There’s a flexible option of spreading the payment at the rate of #50,000 monthly installment plan for a period of 14months @ #700,000, or you can choose the option of #30,000 monthly installment plan for a period of 25months @ #750,000 or the easy option of #25,000 monthly installment plan for a period of 30months @ #750,000.

Contact Demola @ BARIFEC REALTIES LIMITED: 51, Church street Oshodi. Lagos
Mobile: 08120624703, 08066276704.

The future is cheap if only you buy into it now.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Ultimate300(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
Chiaka:

dont insult ur masters, northerner. we're fearless,
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by Imokay: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
oluwalfa:

Better I were dead than be Diya. Tufiakwa.

Yet Ojukwu ran away dressed as a lady grin
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by oluwalfa: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Imokay:

Yet Ojukwu ran away dressed as a lady grin

I have the video of Diya. This one no be mouth.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by knowledgeable: 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
tayooluwole:
As we all know, Yoruba people are the pacesetters
in Nigeria, Africa and in some cases, the world at
large. We are the head, never the tail. Here are a
few of Yorubas who have comfortably enshrined
their names in the record book.
Abimbola Awoliyi is Nigeria’s first female doctor
-Kolapo Hamzat is the youngest professor of
physiotherapy in Nigeria and Africa
-Adegoke olubunmo is the first professor of
Mathematics in Africa
-Momodu Mosobalaje Olaloye is the first African
professor of Geology
-Dele Olojede is the first and only African to win a
Pulitzer prize
-Abimbola jayeola is Nigeria’s First Female
Helicopter Pilot
-William Akinola Dawodu was the first Nigerian car
importer, he started importing cars into Nigeria in
-Prof. Jade Akande was the first female professor of
law in West Africa
-Kofo Ademola is the first black woman to receive
an undergraduate degree from Oxford University
-Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara is the youngest
African PHD Holder in Mathematics
-Deborah Enilo Ajakaiye is the first female physics
professor in Africa and also the first black African to
be named a fellow of the Geological society of
London
-Wole Soyinka is the first black and only African to
win a Nobel prize for literature
-Thomas Adesanya ige grillo is the first Nigerian
professor of anatomy
-Taslim Elias is the first African to be president of
the International Court of Justice (World Court)
-Folake Folarin-Coker the first African-based fashion
designer to stage a show twice at the New York
Fashion Week
-Latunde Odeku is the first US-trained black
neurosurgeon and the 1st professor of neuro-
surgery in Nigeria.
-Bode Thomas created the First indigenous Nigerian
law firm
-I.K dairo is the first Nigerian to be conferred title of
Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British
Empire (MBE
-Amzat Beyioku Adebowale is The first Nigerian to
bring Sharp range of electronic products in Nigeria
-Prof. Taiyewo Kolawole is the first Nigerian neuro-
radiologist
-Prof. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya is the first female
Professor of Physiotherapy in Africa.
-Dr. Olu Jaiyebo is The first Agronomist in Nigeria.
Professor Micheal Adepoju Adeyemo is The first
Nigerian Chartered Accountant
-Latola Films was the 1st film production company
in Nigeria
-Prof. Ilesanmi Adesida, is the first black Vice-
Chancellor in an american unversity
-Mrs. Sade Thomas-Fahm is the First woman to own
a boutique in Nigeria
-Nojim Maiyegun is the first Nigerian to win an
Olympic medal
-Adenike Osofisan is the first African Female
Professor of Computer Science.
-Prof T.O Ogunlesi is the first professor of Medicine
in Nigeria
-Chief Akintola Williams is the First African to
qualify as a chartered accountant
-Ezekiel Adekunle Ifaturoti is the first mining
engineer in Nigeria
-Rotimi Adebari is the First black mayor of Ireland
-Folake Solanke is the First Female Senior Advocate
of Nigeria
-Elizabeth Abimbola is the First Nigerian Female
Doctor-1937
-Helen Folasade Adu is the First Nigerian-born artist
to win a Grammy-1986
-Prof. Bolanle Awe: Nigeria's first female Professor
of History
-Professor Thomas Adeoye Lambo is Africa’s first
professor of psychiatry.
-Engineer Dr. (Mrs.) Olatokubo A Somolu: is
Nigeria’s first Female to hold a PHD in Engineering
-Mrs Adetowun Ogunsheye is The first female
professor in Nigeria
-Mrs bisoye esther tejuosho is Nigeria’s first female
industrialist
-Michael Onafowokan is Nigeria’s first Architect
-Aderonke Kale is the first Female Nigerian Armed
Forces (2 Star) Major General:
-Chief (Dr.) Bola Kuforiji Olubi is The first Female
Chartered Accountant in Nigeria
-George Olatokunbo Okikiolu, has written more
mathematics papers than any other Black
mathematician in history
-Katherline okikiolu is the first black person to win
the most prestigious award for young mathematics
researchers in the United States and the first black
woman to publish an article in the Annals of
Mathematics
-Samuel Layinka Ayodeji invented the excision
knife to treat tropical ulcers. he won the Robert
Wilson Memorial Prize in Chemistry and the
Welcome Prize in Medicine.

Like we said, those are a few. The list itself is
endless.
And by the way, where is your own name ….. ?

With all these firsts, Singapore and Malaysia have since overtaken Nigeria and SW is still a shit hole. Yorubas, as smart as they are don't seem to understand that Nigeria problems are systemic, structural and foundational not individuals and their achievements.
Re: Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
chuna1985:

We can neva leave lagos n South West oooo. It's nigeria n every citizen reserves d right to exist ANYWHERE they deem fit.

But u left in droves without anyone pursuing you in 1994, didn't you ? Keep on dreaming, a worse than that crisis is approaching. We are not given to noise-making, whatever your myopic perceotion about us.
Again, as far as i could recollect, it was the same nigeria when you begged to vacate the north in 1966 ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Photos) / Buhari Launches The 2023 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Emblem (Photos) / Uche Mefor: IPOB Propagandist Has Totally Ridiculed Biafra Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.