Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) (2083 Views)

Customs Seized Senator Saraki’s Range Rover (Photos) / Has Senator Saraki Been Replaced As Senate President (pix) / Did You See The Mistake On The Ministerial List Sent To The Senator Saraki? (Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by onomeasike: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
https://mobile.twitter.com/bukolasaraki/status/626276208028815360

Since it is only Senator Saraki alone that's "mourning the death" of Ooni's death that has since been denied by the Ife Traditional Council.
Has our senate president goofed again or just betrayed his ignorance of the protocols on how to announce the death of an Oba?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by jaybee3(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
What are you saying?

Are you high on that cheap weed again?
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by onomeasike: 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
jaybee3:
What are you saying?
Are you high on that cheap weed again?

Since you don't understand, let me explain to you slowly.
There are traditional official channels to announce the death of an Oba,is it that Seen Saraki does not know this or he was outrightly dishing out a wrong information to the public(goofed) like he did when told to convene the Senate for service chiefs confirmation?

8 Likes

Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by adebisicutie: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
onomeasike:

There are traditional official channels to announce the death of an Oba,is it that Seen Saraki does not know this or he was outrightly dishing out a wrong information to the public(goofed)

Saraki is a leaner , can't you see that the President and Osinbajo didn't say anything yet. As a man in that position you must wait for the Palace to announce the news first. Saraki is a twitter senate president

6 Likes

Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by jaybee3(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
onomeasike:

There are traditional official channels to announce the death of an Oba,is it that Seen Saraki does not know this or he was outrightly dishing out a wrong information to the public(goofed)

What if the so called traditional chiefs are in the dark for obvious reasons (The anarchy that usually ensue as a direct result of vacuum created by the demise of a powerful oba)?

1 Like

Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by onomeasike: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
jaybee3:

What if the so called traditional chiefs are in the dark for obvious reasons (The anarchy that usually ensue as a direct result of vacuum created by the demise of a powerful oba)?

Ife chiefs are not 'so-called chiefs'.They are men and women of great accomplishments.
My point is that even if the king is dead, if you understand and respect the culture of the people, you don't announce the death of such a King on Twitter. It's a taboo.
Even Saraki is yet to quickly rectify this error and embarrassment

3 Likes

Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by adebisicutie: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
jaybee3:

The anarchy is caused when the death of a King is announced prematurely. Those in line will start fighting and that is why the palace usually announces at it's own time so things can be put in place first. The death of a King is kept hush hush until the Palace announces for good reasons
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by onomeasike: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
adebisicutie:

The anarchy is caused when the death of a King is announced prematurely. Those in line will start fighting and that is why the palace usually announces at it's own time so things can be put in place first. The death of a King is kept hush hush until the Palace announces for good reasons

And I think there are some traditional rites to be done quickly to protect the town and his likely successor in the event that the king is truly dead.These things are very deep and a senior government official like Saraki should know.
Maybe he didn't walk with the elders and his 'butter' silver spoon upbringing in England by his wealth parents didn't didn't train him on things like this. He just insulted the Ife people with this his Twitter-craze.A child without home training will keep disgracing his parents,Saraki just disgraced his parents.
This is a lesson to all of us feeding our children with only western values.

1 Like

Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
onomeasike:
https://mobile.twitter.com/bukolasaraki/status/626276208028815360

Since it is only Senator Saraki alone that's "mourning the death" of Ooni's death that has since been denied by the Ife Traditional Council.
Has our senate president goofed again or just betrayed his ignorance of the protocols on how to announce the death of an Oba?

was he the one that blew the false alarm?
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by onomeasike: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
was he the one that blew the false alarm?
No.It was Senator Saraki and the news tabloid that did. The newspaper 'announced' it,Saraki 'mourned' it.
While the journalists can be pardoned, Saraki is the only high government official who 'blew the first alarm' by not waiting for the traditional channels to confirm or deny the news.
He should delete the offensive tweet and apologize to the Ife people.
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by iamrealdeji(m): 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
adebisicutie:

Saraki is a leaner , can't you see that the President and Osinbajo didn't say anything yet. As a man in that position you must wait for the Palace to announce the news first. Saraki is a twitter senate president
I guess he's been listening to radio Kwara too much,they announced the oba's death in almost all radio stations in Ilorin this morning
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by sweetrace(f): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Senator Saraki, thank you for the announcement. I am not sure of the protocol. What I am sure of is the awareness generated by this announcement may help protect some innocent souls... in case this is one of the African Chiefs who needs to be buried with quite a number of heads.

1 Like

Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by iamrealdeji(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
sweetrace:
Senator Saraki, thank you for the announcement. I am not sure of the protocol. What I am sure of is the awareness generated by this announcement may help protect some innocent souls... in case this is one of the African Chiefs who needs to be buried with quite a number of heads.
they'll probably bury this man with a truck full of heads cos Ife is not an ordinary Yoruba town but the Rome of yorubaland,Ife is known for their rituals and deadly sacrifices
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by tpiadotcom: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
onomeasike:

And I think there are some traditional rites to be done quickly to protect the town .

meaning what?

You are not making any sense here.
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by onomeasike: 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
tpiadotcom:

meaning what?
You are not making any sense here.

All you need to ask is the reason. shikena.
To answer your question;the Yoruba believe there is a spirit of 'Akufa' where certain rites are not quickly done if the IFA priest so recommends.Besides, in Yoruba/Benin tradition,the death of the Oba is announced only by approved traditional authority NOT ON TWITTER like Saraki did.
He even placed the picture of the king there and announced his obituary shocked
What an insolence!!
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by onomeasike: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
sweetrace:

You see what Saraki has caused? You're already disrespecting the people of Ife and Ooni.
The Ooni is not dead.Ooni is not dead just like the Oba of Benin.
Nobody spewed this kind of insolence on my Benin people
Re: Has Senator Saraki Goofed Again?(Call for him to delete offensive tweet) by sweetrace(f): 8:15am On Jul 30, 2015
onomeasike:

You see what Saraki has caused? You're already disrespecting the people of Ife and Ooni.
The Ooni is not dead.Ooni is not dead just like the Oba of Benin.
Nobody spewed this kind of insolence on my Benin people

You must have a different definition of disrespect. Anyway, stop being in denial. The Ooni is dead. Others have reported it.

(1) (Reply)

Dangote To Construct 500 Mw Power Plant For Kano, Katsina, Others / What Happened To Agitation For True Federalism? / Were The Yorubas Right To Have Voted Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.