Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos (25170 Views)

NDLEA Nabs Two Grandmothers For Drug Trafficking At Lagos Airport (Pics) / China-Bound Nigerian Arrested With 130ATM Cards Hidden In Noodles (pic) / NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Islie: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has arrested a 44-year-old man, Chide Chibude, for attempting to smuggle 1.185kg of cocaine to China.

This is contained in a statement issued by Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, Head, Public Affairs, NDLEA, on Wednesday in Lagos.

The statement said the NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Mr Hamza Umar, noted that Chibude was arrested by NDLEA officers at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

It said the arrest was effected, while the suspect was attempting to board a Qatar Airways flight to China where drug trafficking is punishable by death.

According to the statement, the suspect ingested 1.185kg of whitish substances that tested positive to cocaine.

“We discovered from our investigation that the suspect sold his property in Enugu and invested the proceeds in drug trafficking due to wrong counsel from friends.

“He was apprehended during outward screening of passengers on Qatar flight. The cocaine found on him weighed 1.185kg,” it said.

The statement said the NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, described drug trafficking as criminal and warned that those who seek wealth from criminality shall end up in prisons.

“NDLEA is combating drug trafficking with every resource at its disposal. Drug trafficking is criminal and the gains of a drug-free society is priceless.

“The lesson to be learnt from this case is that those who seek quick wealth from drug trafficking will end up in prison,” the statement quoted Giade as saying.

It added that the suspect’s case was particularly instructive because he invested N2m in drug trafficking which would have led to his untimely death if he was caught in China.

The statement said confessing to the crime, the suspect who hails from Enugu State, said he invested N2m in drug trafficking because he wanted to earn N4m profit in return.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ndlea-nabs-china-bound-man-with-drugs-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by MRBrownJ: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
they should have let him fly and notify the Chinese immigration... the death penalty solves these issues faster!

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by gabazin080(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
I used to wonder whose pockets those seized drugs and money do end up

11 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by ijustdey: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
The statement said confessing to the crime, the
suspect who hails from Enugu State, said he invested N2m in drug trafficking because he wanted to earn N4m profit in return.

the statement by him got me WoW

the hustle is real

10 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by MRBrownJ: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
gabazin080:
I used to wonder whose pockets those seized drugs and money do end up

seized drugs are destroyed, money used in helping the fight against drug trafficking

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by gabazin080(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:

seized drugs are destroyed, money used in helping the fight against drug trafficking
iffa eer say that's what they used the money for.
Why didn't we hear anything about The $2.1 million ndlea seized from the man that the story went viral last month

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by wildchild1: 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
These people no dey hear word,na wa oo

In other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/1

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by CR77(f): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
grin grin grin in phyno voice him don enter

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by johnshagb(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
He's one of the hustlers from where the sun rises as usual. I'm no bigot you guys are just good at it.

Make I ride my power bike komot this thread before em brothers enter to defend him

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by CR77(f): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ur mumu no get part 2
kestolove95:
nawa o, ibo boys no dey tire o

grin grin grin grin grin grin Correct
MRBrownJ:
they should have let him fly and notify the Chinese immigration... the death penalty solves these issues faster!

8 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by damiloladuke1: 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
I don't know why they keep on arresting these guys..they should leave them and let them go, then inform the Chinese Government about their coming. I guess that will give them speedy flight to heaven or wherever they deserve as peddlers.

Nigerians giving us bad name, everywhere. Now, someone got a CGP of 5, the world will not know of that..but these morons giving us bad names will be quick to recognize

MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY on www.wenogetjob.com

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by adesegun121(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
kill him

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by shaboti: 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
My people again

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Shuaibujo: 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nawao!
Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by CR77(f): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
U well so

Ever time in other news
wildchild1:
These people no dey hear word,na wa oo

In other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/1
Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Pavore9: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
It is like stopping a man bent on killing himself!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by MsZeezah: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
They never listen. They should have allowed him board the flight and let him meet his certain death. After a good number of them have been executed in those Asian countries, maybe their cohorts with a penchant for quick money making will smell the coffee and know that drugs trafficking is the surest freeway to meet the Lord.

Thieves oshi. Afterwards they will be flaunting ill gotten wealth up and down, claiming to be industrious and hardworking. Not knowing na drug money. We know una logo anyways.

18 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by tsdarkside(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:

hahahaha...guy,you bad ooooooo............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
I used to know this man
Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Akshow: 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
Igbo kwenu. Nna boys are not smiling at all.

22 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by StOla: 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
I came, I saw, I confirmed.

9 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
Kai undecided.

Was he carrying Mary K powder by hand at the airport?

Meanwhile Igbo Kwenu....yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hustling gone bad. He is lucky he was caught here. Death would have been awaiting him if the Chinese nabbed him themselves.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Pavore9: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
APCisaJOKE:
cool cool cool

When the govt refused to give the youth job and means of livelihood.. what do u expect them to do na??

APC IS A JOKE.. Buhari is busy touring and taking pictures.. smh

NIGERIA IS A JOKE APC IS LAFFING ABOUT

Don't forget he sold his property...why didn't he use the proceed to start a local business!

12 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by datola: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
These drug carrying guys are so strong head.

May God deliver them.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
.I came to check the name and I sure as hell wasn't disappointed

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by efilefun(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
APCisaJOKE:
cool cool cool

When the govt refused to give the youth job and means of livelihood.. what do u expect them to do na??

APC IS A JOKE.. Buhari is busy touring and taking pictures.. smh

NIGERIA IS A JOKE APC IS LAFFING ABOUT

Must you just open that ur disgusting mouth to spew trash, in case you can't read to understand, the dude sold his properties worth 2million naira, and decided to go thru that lane... You just a pained e-rat. Brace up boy this less than 3months out of 4 years if not 8years meant for you to wail, hope u won't be paralyzed before then with the way you going??

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs China-bound Man With Drugs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:

Were you reading my mind?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Kidnapper Caught In Imo After Stealing 2-Month-Old Baby (Photos) / Policeman Injures Man With Pistol After Complaining Of Hitting His Car / Men Terrorizing Okigwe In Imo Shot Dead By Police (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.