Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife (701 Views)

Biography Of The Late Isiaka Adeleke / Meet Hon. Abiodun Faleke, The Running Mate Of The Late Abubakar Audu / Sympathizers Storm The Palace Of The Late Ooni Of Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife by oatzeal(m): 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
[b]1. He was born on January 1, 1930 in Ile-Ife to the Ogboru ruling house, grandson of the Ooni Sijuwade Adelekan Olubuse I.

2. He became the fiftieth traditional ruler, Ooni of Ife, on 6 December 1980.

3. He studied at Abeokuta Grammar School and Oduduwa College in Ile-Ife.

4. He worked for three years in his father's business, then for two years with the Nigerian Tribune

5. He studied business management at Northampton College in the United Kingdom.

6. He became a manager in Leventis, a Greek-Nigerian conglomerate at the age of 30.

7. In 1963, he became Sales Director of the state-owned National Motor in Lagos.

8. After spotting a business opportunity during a 1964 visit to the then Soviet Union, he formed a company to distribute Soviet-built vehicles and equipment in Nigeria, which became the nucleus of a widespread business empire.

9. Sijuwade was a Christian.

10. In February 2009, Sijuwade helped mediate in a dispute over land ownership between the communities of Ife and Modakeke, resolved in part through the elevation of the Ogunsua of Modakeke as an Oba.

[/b]
CC lalasticlala
SOURCE: http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/07/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-late.html

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife by oatzeal(m): 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
great king is gone

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife by Proxy001(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
@ o.p thanks for the info.. till bow I never knew he was a Christian... rest in peace sir!!!
Re: 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife by natas22: 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife by natas22: 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife by coolestrogue(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
They are looking for heads to follow him to his grave, that's nonsense. I doubt if he will make heaven, but oduduwa will accept his soul(if he has any).

Before you quote me, make sure you are a royal blood.
Re: 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Late Ooni Of Ife by oatzeal(m): 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
coolestrogue:
They are looking for heads to follow him to his grave, that's nonsense. I doubt if he will make heaven, but oduduwa will accept his soul(if he has any).
Before you quote me, make sure you are a royal blood.

hmmmmmm.. guy

(1) (Reply)

Photos From The Bomb Blast In Gambari Market, Maiduguri This Morning / 2 Months Of Buhari: Stock Market Investors Lose N1.032trn / Cash Crunch Hits House Of Reps, June/July Salaries Unpaid-Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.