Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account (4801 Views)

Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar / Inflation, Nigerians And The CBN: A Wrong Prescription / Cheques Can Now Be Paid Into Savings Accounts – CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by Zeinymira(f): 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
I paid #10 000 into a wrong account number yesterday. I only got to know about it today and I have reported to the bank. I was told there's nothing they can do and I was advised to search for the Miss Enechojo Johnson who owns the account.
Please house what can I do to get my money back.

lalastica
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by Booty4me: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
Zeinymira:
I paid #10 000 into a wrong account number yesterday. I only got to know about it today and I have reported to the bank. I was told there's nothing they can do and I was advised to search for the Miss Enechojo Johnson who owns the account.
Please house what can I do to get my money back.

lalastica

oyo
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by kennyman2000(m): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
Its a lie.. Mention the name and branch of the bank and let nairalanders intervene.

Thats parts of the reasons why most banks have that logbook where u've to write date, depositor name, amount deposited, phone no and signature.

Is it not to give u a call incase of any error in the course of posting the money.

I have friends who have been called cos of either wrong name of acct no. There's no way the money will hit another person acct when the acct and name doesnt tally.

Except u're saying, u wanted depositing money to ur mum's acct but u deposited it in ur dad's acct. Bank cant do anything about that.

But, if u mean, u made a mistake with either the acct no or acct name. Go back to the bank and ask for the bank manager cos thats impossible.

The money cant be posted.

They normally keep it and call customer for correction.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by Zeinymira(f): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
kennyman2000:
Its a lie.. Mention the name and branch of the bank and let nairalanders intervene.

Thats parts of the reasons why most banks have that logbook where u've to write date, depositor name, amount deposited, phone no and signature.

Is it not to give u a call incase of any error in the course of posting the money.

I have friends who have been called cos of either wrong name of acct no. There's no way the money will hit another person acct when the acct and name doesnt tally.

Except u're saying, u wanted depositing money to ur mum's acct but u deposited it in ur dad's acct. Bank cant do anything about that.

But, if u mean, u made a mistake with either the acct no or acct name. Go back to the bank and ask for the bank manager cos thats impossible.

The money cant be posted.

They normally keep it and call customer for correction.
Stanbic IBTC, Dugbe branch
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by kennyman2000(m): 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
Zeinymira:

Stanbic IBTC, Dugbe branch

Go and search for their facebook page, twitter page and post ur complaint there.. Also, get their email and send them a mail.

All the best. Dont forget to include the name of the branch, date, time of the transaction.

This's their mail...

customercarenigeria@stanbicibtc.com

dont also forget to include ur own phone no and email for them to get back to you.

Facebook link..

https://m.facebook.com/StanbicIBTC?_rdr

Their twitter link..

https://mobile.twitter.com/stanbicibtc

All the best!
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by Zeinymira(f): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
kennyman2000:

Go and search for their facebook page, twitter page and post ur complaint there.. Also, get their email and send them a mail.

All the best. Dont forget to include the name of the branch, date, time of the transaction.

This's their mail...

customercarenigeria@stanbicibtc.com

dont also forget to include ur own phone no and email for them to get back to you.

Facebook link..

https://m.facebook.com/StanbicIBTC?_rdr

Their twitter link..

https://mobile.twitter.com/stanbicibtc

All the best!

Thank you
I got a response from them on Facebook
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Zeinymira:

Thank you I got a response from them on Facebook
Good one, that's the power of social media!
I say a big THANK YOU to kennyman2000 for his assistance.

1 Like

Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by demmy66: 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
go claim your money first.. then come back to receive your beating....

2 Likes

Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
demmy66:
go claim your money first.. then come back to receive your beating....

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by fippycbk(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please what kind of response did you get? Kindly share I have a similar situation right here.
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
fippycbk:

Please what kind of response did you get? Kindly share I have a similar situation right here.

I have nothing to say as I've never been in that kind of situation.
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by fippycbk(m): 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

I have nothing to say as I've never been in that kind of situation.

Sorry, quoted the wrong person.
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by fippycbk(m): 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
Zeinymira:

Thank you
I got a response from them on Facebook

Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by creamkiddy: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Please I have a similar situation, I made a deposit at First Bank but I missed one number from the recipients account number, what do I do and how do I get a refund and how long does it take, please I'm worried
Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by ewen: 12:24am On Aug 27, 2016
creamkiddy:
Please I have a similar situation, I made a deposit at First Bank but I missed one number from the recipients account number, what do I do and how do I get a refund and how long does it take, please I'm worried

Go to the bank and ask to see the head of operation (H.O.P) and explain to him/her. They will rectify it for you. Note: the money was not posted because the account name and the account number do not match. So the teller will keep it in their suspence account pending when you come to complain.

1 Like

Re: Paid Into A Wrong Bank Account by shamsin6300(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
[quote author=kennyman2000 post=36435387]Its a lie.. Mention the name and branch of the bank and let nairalanders intervene.

I am a victim of that sir. Only talk what you have knowledge on.

(1) (Reply)

CBN Mandates IFIS To Increase Agent Network To 150,000 By 2020 / 7 Best Courier Companies In Nigeria / Which Website In Nigeria Is The Fastest And Cheapest Bulk Sms Sending Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.