Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,883 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye (812 Views)

Why I Visited Osinbajo – Namadi Sambo / I Visited Buhari In London, But I Won’t Talk About His Health – Amosun / Why I Visited Obasanjo - Ali-Modu Sheriff (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by fkaz(m): 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
The Senator Representing Kogi West Senatorial District in the upper legislative chamber, Dino Melaye, has defended his recent visit to the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The Senator was sighted at the EFCC office during the interrogation of wife of the Senate President, Toyin Saraki, by the anti-graft agency.

Melaye in a statement entitled: “Stand Up For What You Believe
In,” and issued on Friday in Abuja, said he has made sacrifices for the country and had survived assignation attempts.

He said,” I was arrested 14 times in one year by the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan because I desire a country where my grandchildren (that I may never know) will dwell in and where life is already structured for them.

I cannot throw away the sacrifice – when I was beaten and my clothes torn to shred on the floor of the House of Representatives because of my fight against corruption.

“I have come too far to compromise my stand on corruption and corrupt persons. I make bold here to challenge anybody who will controvert the truth that I have never done any government contract, either at the local government, state or federal levels.

It is not criminal to do so, but he who must come to equity must come with clean hands. I have made sacrifices to the extent of escaping assignations. Will my fellow citizens forget all these too quickly on the altar of loyalty to friends, family and loved ones?

My loyalty to friends is not only when the going is good. I will be there even when the roads are rough. The invitation of Mrs. Toyin Saraki by the EFCC, however, is not a criminal indictment. I will not abandon my friend because of mere EFCC invitation.

I also went there as a private investigator and an anti-corruption crusader to find out the extent of culpability of my sister and friend since she was not told the content of the petition against her before her appearance before the EFCC.

“My definition for friendship is he or she who walks in when others are working out. If my father is invited by the EFCC, I will go there, if a prima face case is established against him, I will shout for his prosecution. So my great people, I have no regret following my friend and sister to the EFCC.

If you are my friend, you are my friend. I cannot control what my friends will do, but they remain my friends. I am not fighting corruption out of passion only, but because it is the Godly thing to do.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/toyin-saraki-melaye-defends-visit-to-efcc/

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by fkaz(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
I cannot throw away the sacrifice – when I was beaten and my clothes torn to shred on the floor of the House of Representatives because of my fight against corruption.

Hmmm and Dino did this because of corruption?
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by Beremx(f): 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dino Melaye is seriously high on weed. Someone should please tell him to take a 48hrs rest because he has just spoken like a weed smoker.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by Young03(m): 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
that's a big story
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by maverickdude(m): 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
ok
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by Katastrofy: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
hmmmmmmm
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by Demmocrats(m): 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by ndukwejoe(m): 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
:-Xwhen i heard Dino went with mrs Saraki i was wondering what would warrant that, time shall tell for now when i heard Dino went with mrs Saraki i was wondering what would warrant that, time shall tell for nowlipsrsealed
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by hazyfm: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
WHY DO I FEEL MENO IS LYING...
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by SaiBuharii: 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
Political shiit
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by sammyj: 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
Story for the gods. You want a better Nigeria for your grand children you have to play the role of a body gaurd for the wife of Saraki which was one of the reason why you got a juicy tongue appointment as from Him. Time will tell.!!! cool cool
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by ugia(f): 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dino continue to lick boots. That is where you get your daily bread. You shameless Senator, you look for every opportunity to denigrate the exalted office of a Senator. I cannot imagine you leave your busy law making schedule for frivolity.
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Beremx:
Dino Melaye is seriously high on weed. Someone should please tell him to take a 48hrs rest because he has just spoken like a weed smoker.
Best comment so far
Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by Pangea: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
Did he really say that with a straight face?

Some of these people really think Nigerians are brainless.

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited EFCC – Melaye by funlord(m): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
grin Story 4 the gods! Next lie please!

(1) (Reply)

Ministerial List: Saraki, Lawan Feud May Complicate Issues For Buhari– Uzamere / BREAKING: Daily Independent Employees Protest In Lagos, Embark On Strike / Chibok Girls: BBOG To Commemorate 500 Days Of Abduction - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.