Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,419 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves (21882 Views)

Between EFCC & A Twitter User Who Is Displeased Over Oil Thieves 120 Year Jail / Records Broken by PMB Under 6 Months / United States Gave Buhari Names Of Oil Thieves – Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by laidian(m): 5:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Pressure is mounting on President Muhammadu Buhari to kick start his clampdown on oil thieves following his recent admission that he now has in his possession a list of such thieves.

Buhari, addressing Nigerians during his just concluded trip to the United States, had announced that Washington gave him the list.

He said that some members of the Jonathan Federal Executive Council stole as much as 250000 barrels of crude daily.

Several Western countries including the United Kingdom and France are said to have reached out to him to waste no further time in bringing the suspects to book. Nigerians are also itching to know the identities of the oil thieves .

A cross section of prominent Nigerians say President Buhari should make the names public forthwith and prosecute them.

Frontline lawyer,Professor Itse Sagay (SAN) told The Nation
yesterday that he shocked by the magnitude of the stealing.

“Before this fresh revelation, one was very disturbed when Okonjo Iweala, raised the alarm that about 400, 000 barrels were being stolen every day. To hear that the quantity is as much as one million barrel per day is something else,” he said.

“It shows the country went into a total rot under the last regime of President Goodluck Jonathan. They would have looted the country to bankruptcy within a year if they were not removed from office. We should be grateful that a disciplined and upright man has taken over to clean the mess and save the country.

“The punishments are not farfetched. They are already enshrined in our law books.

“We may ultimately have to resort to special court with specific time frame to decide the cases. The situation is very grave and we need to deal with it in an exceptional way.” Also shocked by the revelation is Chief Ladi Williams (SAN) who said: “the President should make public everything about it because the oil they stole belongs to the good people of Nigeria. The people have the right to know what is happening.

“Some schools of thought have suggested that the Chinese option should be applied in dealing with the suspects. It is a common knowledge that corrupt public officers in China always end up being executed. But here in Nigeria, we have the criminal and penal code. The suspects should be tried.

“The National Assembly has the power to establish a tribunal to try the suspects because the courts have too many cases already. From the tribunal, the next step should be Supreme Court because many of us are not happy with the way the Appeal Court has discharged itself. The Supreme Court has discharged itself creditably well.

“The suspects should be made to produce the money they realised from the sales of the stolen products. Any of them that parts with a substantial part of the money should be leniently dealt with.”

Elder statesman Tanko Yakassai said:“The president should not only tell us about the crime, he should go a step further to list the names of those involved in the criminal act and the amount involved. He should get them arrested and prosecuted. The truth is that these atrocities didn’t start today. They started way back when Obasanjo was the head of state.

“Key figures during that regime became instant multi-millionaires. There is not going to be any solution to the atrocities except the perpetrators are brought to book. I want to appeal to President Muhhamadu Buhari not to limit the probe to the Jonathan administration. If he really wants to get to the root of the problem, he should go back to the days of Obasanjo as military head of state.”

Another Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Second Republic politician, Enechi Onyia, said the suspects should be made to face the wrath of the law.

“The government should not stop at that. They should also do everything possible to retrieve the full value of the money that the country ought to realize from the product from the suspects. The government should not be swayed by sentiments that people are likely to express about its position or action plan because in everything that happens in life, people would always express sentiments,” he said.

Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamio called for prosecution of everyone found culpable in the crime, saying: “The effort of the President in fighting corruption in the country is highly commendable. This is what Nigerians looked forward to when they voted for him and I am glad that he is living up to his electioneering promises. I want to do everything possible to make sure that the perpetrators do not escape justice.”

Former Commissioner of Police in Lagos State, Abubakar Tsav,
expressed surprise at the revelation.

He said:“ “If the president’s statement is true, then, it is a serious matter. How can one person steal such quantity of crude oil? What are they using the money for when many people are hungry, homeless and sleeping under the bridge?

“ The crime is capable of collapsing an economy of a developing country. The perpetrators don’t mean well for the country and should be severely dealt with.

“I don’t support death penalty, but the offence is worth it. I will suggest that they should be sent to 25 years or life imprisonment. If the suspects are not fished out and dealt with, there would be a big challenge if Buhari is not re- elected after four years. If Buhari is not elected and another government that is worse than Jonathan’s come tom power, the country would be worse for it.

“If I were Jonathan, I would be ashamed of myself and refrain from making any comment. I think he should also be probed because it was before his very eyes that all this rots was taking place and he did nothing to stop it.”

The Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Lagos State chapter, Joe Igbokwe, said more sad revelations of the activities of government officials in the Jonathan’s administration are coming.

According to him, “What Nigerians are hearing and seeing now will be a child’s play when the full story of how Nigeria was pillaged and plundered under Jonathan is told.

“In the fullness of time Nigerians will get to find out that former President Jonathan’s tenure was a systematic regime of heists. I am believing God that President Buhari will have the energy, strength and power to go the whole hog in repositioning Nigeria in the comity of civilized nations. Nigeria is getting better and this, l believe because a good man is in charge.”

www.thenationonlineng.net/buhari-under-pressure-to-move-against-oil-thieves-2/

9 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 01, 2015
Let him do it jare

3 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by gottliebglobal(m): 5:59am On Aug 01, 2015
It's about time

5 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by IYADARA(f): 6:02am On Aug 01, 2015
undecidedpressure coker or what...abeggi he shud save d talk and act...Nigerians can't wait to see this bigot behind bars

2 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by ki02020(m): 6:03am On Aug 01, 2015
I don't think PMB needs to be pressured before swinging to action....except the thieves are within is inner carcus cool

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by yorke1: 6:04am On Aug 01, 2015
You have the list and what the fvcking are you still waiting for? This government is a joke. Continuing to play on the mind of the gullible.

17 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by izeeqpotter(m): 6:06am On Aug 01, 2015
See this man oh! You think say na play we dey play? Get those Bandits or we go get you oh! Boys are not smiling. Especially my Crush Alison Maduekwe Diezani mmmwwaa!!! Kiss her then jail her! grin

10 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by SeverusSnape(m): 6:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Buhari is a joker.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:09am On Aug 01, 2015
What is he still waiting for. Of course, that's part of the reasons he was elected.

Let him reorganize the efcc/icpc and begin serious work.

As it is today, the efcc and icpc are too shoddy to get a conviction against any high profile politician or oil thief.

As usual,they'll bungle these cases as usual

2 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by feldido(m): 6:11am On Aug 01, 2015
We are in for a lot More... SMH
Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by sentaljohn(m): 6:15am On Aug 01, 2015
the real problem will start from the new proposed Biafra sect when they see that majority of the oil thieves are their brothers and sisters especially from the SE and SS...now will use it as a fight in their ethnical favorism palava.,,.God help us

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 01, 2015
Another propaganda!!! If you have evidence what is stopping you from moving against them?

12 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 01, 2015
sentaljohn:
the real problem will start from the wailers when they see that majority of the oil thieves are their brothers and sisters especially from the SE and SS...now will use it as a fight in their ethnical favorism palava.,,.God help us

Lol we already know who owns majority of the oil wells.Let the evidence come out for us to see all who are involved.But if Buhari wants to victimise politicians from our region,we will teach him a lesson he would never forget.

All indicted politicians must be punished whether from the north/south.Any attempt to ignore the thieves from the north/sw and focus on the ones from the SS/SE would be resisted!!! To be forewarned is to be forearmed!!! Bring it on

24 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by sentaljohn(m): 6:36am On Aug 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol we already know who owns majority of the oil wells.Let the evidence come out for us to see all who are involved.But if Buhari wants to victimise politicians from our region,we will teach him a lesson he would never forget.

All indicted politicians must be punished whether from the north/south.Any attempt to ignore the thieves from the north/sw and focus on the ones from the SS/SE would be resisted!!! To be forewarned is to be forearmed!!! Bring it on

are you sure that most of your people share your say? so, if there are evidence against them, and they got arrested, you guys won't revolt?..
and he has to start somewhere..am very sure if he starts from your region, na war be dat....i taya for Naija oo

5 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by RichDad1(m): 6:37am On Aug 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Which of your region? So because a thief is from your region now, he/she in untouchable?
Do you even know where you come from Pa Chuks?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by omenka(m): 6:38am On Aug 01, 2015
These guys just want Opolo Eyes to transform that hospital ward into her private residence for the next 4years!! News like this would make her tune up her pretence, maybe ask a nurse to add a few more bandages and tubes to her chest.

1 Like

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by handie(m): 6:39am On Aug 01, 2015
Buhari doesn't need to be pressured about this issue. Going after this thieves will give him joy.... Just as scoring goals give strikers joy. He's preparing a water tight case I tell ya. My recommendation: He shouldn't recover only the sum stolen. He should also seize all their other assets cause that money must have yielded some returns from the various investments they engaged the funds in. Make em paupers and beggars Baba Buhari.... Can just imagine NOI depending on her family..... Same with baby Diezani

3 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 01, 2015
RichDad1:

Which of your region? So because a thief is from your region now, he/she in untouchable?
Do you even know where you come from Pa Chuks?
My own take is if Buhari doesn't have the political will to arrest ALL the thieves, he shouldn't even start. You can't arrest oil thieves from the SS/SE while the ones from the north/sw walks

14 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Tallesty1(m): 6:40am On Aug 01, 2015
ki02020:
I don't think PMB needs to be pressured before swinging to action....except the thieves are within is inner carcus cool
Before nko?

7 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2015
handie:
Buhari doesn't need to be pressured about this issue. Going after this thieves will give him joy.... Just as scoring goals give strikers joy. He's preparing a water tight case I tell ya. My recommendation: He shouldn't recover only the sum stolen. He should also seize all their other assets cause that money must have yielded some returns from the various investments they engaged the funds in. Make em paupers and beggars Baba Buhari.... Can just imagine NOI depending on her family..... Same with baby Diezani
Lol do you really believe he has evidence against them and yet he haven't acted?
Oshiomhole has been searching for a pin in a hay sack just to indict NOI all to no avail

4 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 01, 2015
must baba be pressurized before he do the needful
Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by RichDad1(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

My own take is if Buhari doesn't have the political will to arrest ALL the thieves, he shouldn't even start. You can't arrest oil thieves from the SS/SE while the ones from the north/sw walks
Stop forming attaché. SE is different from SS, and SE gat no Oil. Leave the SS peeps to sort their issues. tongue tongue

11 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 01, 2015
RichDad1:

Stop forming attaché. SE is different from SS, and SE gat no Oil. Leave the SS peeps to sort their issues. tongue tongue
Mumu Oloribruku ode

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by handie(m): 6:57am On Aug 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol do you really believe he has evidence against them and yet he haven't acted?
Oshiomhole has been searching for a pin in a hay sack just to indict NOI all to no avail
keep calm and watch events unfold bro

2 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 01, 2015
I thought this govt was all about pighting korruption? How come he still needs "pressure" to go after "thieves"? "Thieves" as in oye oshi, ole?

We are tired of chest beating, rhetorics and propaganda! We want action and RESULTS already!

Govt of propaganda, aka mouth action, cheered on by broom wielding masturbators!

2 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Agimor(m): 6:59am On Aug 01, 2015
No further delay as per the criminal because the only thing they deserver now is kirikiri.
Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 01, 2015
handie:
keep calm and watch events unfold bro
Ask the party leaders to quit the propaganda on the pages of newspapers and move into action

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by best4momoh(m): 7:05am On Aug 01, 2015
Let the prosecution begin. Kill them all.it will not be well for their generation yet unborn. Bunch of looters
Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by handie(m): 7:11am On Aug 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Ask the party leaders to quit the propaganda on the pages of newspapers and move into action
both parties are involved and u can't tell me to ask any party leader to stop d propaganda cause the last time I checked, my party wasn't engaged in any propaganda

2 Likes

Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by mirinda2132(m): 7:12am On Aug 01, 2015
still reading
Re: PMB Under Pressure To Move Against Oil Thieves by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 01, 2015
The oil thieves are those northern 1mbeciles looking for oil blocs in another mans land.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari And His Marabouts By Reuben Abati / Fatiha Of Fateema Ganduje And Abolaji Ajimobi Kicks Off This Weekend(pics) / APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.