Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila (1227 Views)

Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / House Leadership: Tension As Northern, S’east Reps Protest Exclusion / House Leadership: Northern Reps Make U-turn, Mobilise Against Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sayyid(m): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2015
Femi Gbajabiamila, the Majority Leader of the
House of Representatives, has revealed that
President Muhammadu Buhari and the
leadership of the All Progressive Congress
(APC) insisted that he must vie for the
leadership position in the House, otherwise
he would have dropped out.
Addressing journalists at an interactive
session in Abuja, today, Gbajabiamila said he
would not describe the “loyalists in the House
as aggressors but protectors of the interest of
the party.”
He explained that a long time ago before the
crisis heated up he had met with the
President and the party explaining to them
that issue had been framed to be about him
which was not adding that he was willing to
part with any position for the sake of the
President, country and the House.
“A lot of people don’t know this, long-time ago,
I saw the president, I saw my party I explained
to them I told the President I said listen this
thing has been framed to be about me, was
never about me and that is what my members
believe and I told Mr. President and I told the
party that I wanted to withdraw from this thing,
so for the sake of the president, for the sake of
the House for the sake of the country.
“I told the governors at the meeting 4 weeks
ago it was not about office and I told them that
I would leave this thing in a heart beat without
thinking of it.
“I wouldn’t even think twice about it and I will
go and sit on the floor of the House without
even accepting anything even a chairmanship.
“I have never been a chairman of the committee
in this house and never been a deputy chairman
and I made it clear to them that I have turned
down things in the past, I have been offered
National Honours and I turned it down, I was
meant to be a Deputy to Aminu Tambuwal we
turned it down before Emeka Ihedioha took over
and there have been many other things in the
past, “ the house leader said.
He continued, “For me it was not about me, it
was not about office, it’s not the office that
makes you a legislator, the legislator makes the
office. It’s not vice versa and I made it clear
that I will leave it but on principle but my
members refused.
“When I told the President to allow me leave, he
did not accept it, he was reluctant my party did
not accept it and I thank God for that they did
have that kind of confidence in me to be able to
deliver the goods for the party, who am I to say
no?”
Meanwhile, the Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Honourable Yakubu Dogara,
has assured the South east region that they
will be adequately compensated in the
leadership structure in the lower house.
Dogara was elected Speaker of the House of
Reps on June 9 against the wishes of his
party . He polled 182 votes to defeat
Gbajabiamila, who had 174 votes.

www.naij.com/504665-house-leadership-dropped-out-buhari-apc-insisted-gbajabiamila.html
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by martins0: 6:53am On Aug 01, 2015
You mean Tinubu and Buhari forced you on the House even when it's obvious you've lost out?,

So much for "I belong to nobody, I belong to everyone "

1 Like

Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by intergral(m): 6:53am On Aug 01, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sultan457: 6:53am On Aug 01, 2015
If this is true. I respect u Sir.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Oche211(m): 6:53am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sentaljohn(m): 6:55am On Aug 01, 2015
abegi ...asif the post no sweet you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 01, 2015
Some people and mouth shaa Why didn't you insist on been speaker!!! Watched the fool on AIT yesterday trying to say the majority leader position was somewhat higher than any other position in the house and I just laughed him off

1 Like

Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Candybob(m): 6:57am On Aug 01, 2015
are you saying that you are an accidental public servant?

1 Like

Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Chibaba247(m): 7:02am On Aug 01, 2015
Abeg shut up my guy
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by seunmsg(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2015
He fought a good fight based on principle. A loyal party man to the cure. His future in the APC is very bright.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by dunkem21(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2015
Oga, shut up pls.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by natnoble(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2015
is not too late can still resign the post.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by condralbede(m): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2015
So you don't even hv your say nowBuhari n rest dictates what you shld do,wao its a pity.

1 Like

Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Adeyinka12(m): 7:14am On Aug 01, 2015
Okay o, oya reps. start work ,abi kiloku ?
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Lawalsuleiman(m): 7:15am On Aug 01, 2015
A true party fellow, Femi is a good example for other legislators to follow.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by jaybee3(m): 7:18am On Aug 01, 2015
The information is now irrelevant so it's time to start working
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sayyid(m): 7:32am On Aug 01, 2015
Lawalsuleiman:
all politician are d same dia pocket is dia major priority
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by mentorandfriend(m): 7:38am On Aug 01, 2015
Good man. Loyal party member. He has a bright future in APC. One day, he shall be the Governor of Lagos State.
Y'all should remember I said it first.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sayyid(m): 8:00am On Aug 01, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Good man. Loyal party member. He has a bright future in APC. One day, he shall be the Governor of Lagos State.
Y'all should remember I said it first.
a loyal party member or a boy loyal to Tinubu
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by dayo23(f): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2015
Drop to where? Baba remain there! Them no born any bagger to do otherwise.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by mentorandfriend(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2015
sayyid:

a loyal party member or a boy loyal to Tinubu
I said APC
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sammyj: 8:03am On Aug 01, 2015
I am in support of Gbaja on this always on point while the wailers are always ranting propaganda!! grin
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by shidof(m): 8:06am On Aug 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
Some people and mouth shaa Why didn't you insist on been speaker!!! Watched the fool on AIT yesterday trying to say the majority leader position was somewhat higher than any other position in the house and I just laughed him off
pa chukudi, 4 yrs is too far ooo. if u continue lyk dis. U'll soon die of heart attack.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sayyid(m): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I said APC
BT he is more or less a Tinubu boy
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by mentorandfriend(m): 8:12am On Aug 01, 2015
sayyid:
BT he is more or less a Tinubu boy
Na you sabi!
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Lawalsuleiman:

You are a gullible fellow. A person that was toyed to take up position?
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sayyid(m): 8:16am On Aug 01, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Na you sabi!
Gbaja is Tinubu's puppet anytime anyday
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Lawalsuleiman(m): 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
alfred5:

You are a gullible fellow. A person that was toyed to take up position?
I know ur type...Ko lona jor!
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
Lawalsuleiman:

I know ur type...Ko lona jor!

Fura de nunu is pushing yiu this night. Ewu hawusa.
Re: House Leadership: I Would Have Dropped Out; Buhari, APC Insisted- Gbajabiamila by sayyid(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
alfred5:

Fura de nunu is pushing yiu this night. Ewu hawusa.
lolz

(1) (Reply)

The Buhari Presidency: Behind The Scenes / I Doff My Hat For Barcanista / INTOLERANCE- President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.