Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera (4691 Views)

Why Radio Biafra Is Still Operational In London - British Government / We Set Up Biafra Guards Over Quit Notice –IPOB / Igbo Should Talk About Presidency After Buhari – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by hakeem4(m): 7:12am On Aug 01, 2015
I have been receiving a lot of mails and phone calls in recent weeks requesting that I lend my voice in support of the ongoing campaign for the sovereign state of Biafra and to also speak up against the recent shut down of Radio Biafra by National Broadcasting Commission. I have decided to make my opinion known to those who have been bombarding me with requests to support the Biafran movement.Yes, I believe that the Igbo have been marginalised in Nigeria right from 1970 till date. I also believe that as a people, the Igbo have every right to speak out and seek redress. I believe that no tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria deserves to be marginalised or shut out by certain quarters of government because of an incident of the past. Just like every Igbo man, I believe that Biafra was a good dream born out of a necessity at that time. It was a good dream which went horribly wrong and became a nightmare for us, the Igbo people and the whole of Nigeria from 1967 to 1970, from which I believe we have woken up.

It will be foolhardy to dream the same dream in the same way and manner without thoroughly accounting for why and how it turned into a nightmare, and factoring in the changes that have taken place in Nigeria since the 1960s.

The thought that the actualisation of the sovereign state of Biafra is in itself the solution to all the problems of Ndigbo is to display an understandable naivety about human nature and today’s politics. What we need as a people is a new vision that will encompass the lessons of the past, the changes that have taken place since the end of the civil war, the reality of present day Nigeria and demand for a system founded on justice, liberty and equality under the rule of law for Ndigbo and non Igbo as well.

I believe this new vision is attainable. They say charity begins at home and in this regard, I believe it is time for every honest and sincere Igbo man or woman, to channel his or her energy towards actualising good leadership and government in Igboland by joining the political process. It is time for every one of us to unite against corruption in our land.

It is time for Ndigbo to come together to reverse this ubiquitous trend of bad leadership ravishing Igboland and put in place a system that would enable the best of us to emerge as leaders. Great nations are ruled by their best minds and not by a band of common thieves without respect for individual liberty and democracy that do nothing but devise ingenious ways to looting the treasury and serve the vilest and most primitive of human instincts.

Without this political and cultural change embedded in the concept of our future, Igboland will remain underdeveloped, and that in itself, will constitute a gargantuan problem for us in the future. Making this necessary change in igboland will ensure that if and ever or when Nigeria collapses as a result of our collective idiocy, irresponsibility, ignorance and corruption, and the jumbo pay of politicians, Ndigbo will be better placed to build a new nation based on justice, equality, rule of law, tolerance, development and honesty. War has never been the solution to any problem.

I didn’t witness the civil war but from what I saw in my recent visit to Maiduguri, Adamawa and Plateau state, I have become a disciple of dialogue as a means to resolve issues. If Biafra will become a reality, it shouldn’t be through the barrel of a gun. It is wrong to seek divorce by putting a gun to your spouse’s head. We should realise that a divorce from Nigeria is also possible if the Nigeria state comes to its natural end because of years of ethnic and religious prejudices, injustices, and vision-less irresponsible, corrupt leadership that failed to lay the foundation of a viable state and make the necessary social investment for its survival.

This might be the natural course of events if Nigeria continues to sleep walk into disaster and neglect honest nation building. We shouldn’t continue to pursue the Biafra dream in the way and manner some people and groups are doing at the moment without regard to the present reality. It can only undermine the whole essence of the struggle. As an Igbo man, there is nothing I want for Igbo that I do not want for other ethnic groups. There is nothing

I wish for my fellow Christians that I do not wish for Muslims. We are all humans after all. We are all brothers and sisters divided by language, skin colours and religion. I believe that enlightenment is recognition of this basic facts, and that underneath our skins, flows blood of the same colour and minds that can think alike and able to overcome the prejudices which our difference try to impose on our judgment. There is nothing that can justify the killing of a fellow man. I can only lend my voice to a vision that doesn’t entail the destruction of lives and property.

I am sorry to say that the continuous clamour for the recognition of Biafra by America may not yield much because of the selfish nature of America’s foreign policy. If there is nothing in it for America, America won’t get involved. We are a great and industrious people.

For a start, won’t it be better to seek economic independence and have Nigeria and the rest of the world depend on us for something? Today, Africa has gone from car assemblage to total manufacturing.

I am proud that I am alive to witness this history, that a Nigerian made car can actually be better that the Toyotas and Hondas of this world, and it is all due to the ingenuity of an Igbo man. Ndigbo, this can be a place to start. Igbo kwenu!!

Source: http://musicnobs.com/igbos-wake-up-biafra-is-a-dream-etcetera/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Bugatie(m): 7:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Who's he?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Fabrolistic: 7:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by AnambraDota: 7:16am On Aug 01, 2015
Another Yoloba masturbating on Biafra while Hausas kill them in Oduanistan

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by hakeem4(m): 7:19am On Aug 01, 2015
Bugatie:
Who's he?
he's an Igbo musician

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by hakeem4(m): 7:19am On Aug 01, 2015
AnambraDota:
it your Igbo brother that said it ooo

7 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Fabrolistic: 7:19am On Aug 01, 2015
Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 01, 2015
AnambraDota:
so, every ibo man that reasons well is automatically a yoruba man?

That means yorubas have good brains.

The Hypocrisy Of The Ibos

When president buhari appointed new service chiefs, they complained that no ibo man was included forgeting that a man from rivers state is among the appointees. Is rivers state not "among" their biafra states? Shouldn't they be rejoicing about his inclusion? This clearly shows that biafra is a pet project for the ibos alone to lord over the Southern minorities.

They claim that boko haram is a northern problem which should be dealt by them, but complained when the appointed services chiefs where mostly northerners.

They claim they don't want to be in thesame country with other tribes especially the yorubas and hausa/fulani, yet they want to form a country with the southern minority tribes, a mini-nigeria, where they will be able to lord over them. Why not a country for ibos alone?

They hate lord luggard for creating a map called nigerian, yet they want to take advantage of the map which created an eastern region that lumped them and the minorities together. If the minorities had no resources, they won't have bothered trying to enslave them in a cunning biafra.

They claim they love the minorities, yet they abhore hate for them for declaring their properties abandoned properties.

Can they promise the minorities that they won't declare their land a no man's land just as they claim lagos is? Ibos will never change their coveteous ways.

What if an ibo man is currently the president of nigeria, would they clamour for biafra? We all remember how they taunted other tribes when jonathan was president.

They call themselves southeast but hate it when the minorities call themselves southsouth.

They want the Niger delta militants to wage war against the federation just cos they want to use the means to cry genocide and achieve biafra. They are afraid of cracking a knockout in their own region cos they know that war ravages a region, yet they want the southern minorities to do that.

They were quick to reject the transfer of boko haram prisoners to a federal prison in their region and will also be quick to cry marginalisation. They only care about the goodies that comes with being in Nigeria but hate to share of its woes.

They claim nigeria is a corrupt nation but Ohanaeze cries wolf when an ibo politician is tried for corruption. If Obama's father was an Ibo man, they would have supported his gay crusade cos "he's our brother".

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Tallesty1(m): 7:25am On Aug 01, 2015
hakeem4:
he's an Igbo musician
His opinion stinks

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by januzaj(m): 7:25am On Aug 01, 2015
AnambraDota:
oponu....ode....ayirada....dewe...wede....bolo....asunu...olopolo dudu....ashiere....shey Etcetera na Yoruba bah

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Luggi007(m): 7:31am On Aug 01, 2015
Its an imagination not even dream.
I hope it's not gona be too late b4 they wake up.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
so, every ibo man that reasons well is automatically a yoruba man?

Keep masturbating over igbo issues... don't go and look after ur osun.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by zendy: 7:35am On Aug 01, 2015
Etcetra made one big mistake in this write up. He said that while he believes in right of the Igbos to secede, it should be done peacefully because "it is wrong to seek divorce by putting a gun to your spouse’s head" . What Etcetra needs to explain now is "when did we get married?" Nigeria is an illegal union where certain west African ethnic groups were forced by the British to be together. There was never any marriage, I as Igbo man can leave any time I wish. A white man cannot come from Britain to foist an illegal identity called "Nigerian" on me. We Igbos are going to fight for our right to our freedom and if Nigeria resists, we go to war. Maybe we lost round 1 but we shall keep fighting until our sovereignty that was stolen by the British is returned. Nobody can force another to be a Nigerian

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by tosmartak(m): 7:38am On Aug 01, 2015
hakeem4:

The thought that the actualisation of the sovereign state of Biafra is in itself the solution to all the problems of Ndigbo is to display an understandable naivety about human nature and today’s politics. What we need as a people is a new vision that will encompass the lessons of the past,

I believe this new vision is attainable. They say charity begins at home and in this regard,... It is time for every one of us to unite against corruption in our land.

It is time for Ndigbo to come together to reverse this ubiquitous trend of bad leadership ravishing Igboland and put in place a system that would enable the best of us to emerge as leaders. Great nations are ruled by their best minds and not by a band of common thieves without respect for individual liberty and democracy that do nothing but devise ingenious ways to looting the treasury and serve the vilest and most primitive of human instincts.

Without this political and cultural change embedded in the concept of our future, Igboland will remain underdeveloped, and that in itself, will constitute a gargantuan problem for us in future.

Nice points. Hope this will mean something to our brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 01, 2015
zendy:
Etcextra made one big mistake in this write up. He said that while he believes in right of the Igbos to secede, it should be done peacefully because "it is wrong to seek divorce by putting a gun to your spouse’s head" . What Etcetra needs to explain now is "when did we get married?" Nigeria is an illegal union where certain west African ethnic groups where forced by the British to be together. There was never any marriage, I as Igbo man can leave any time I wish. A white man cannot come from Britain to foist an illegal identity called "Nigerian" on me. We Igbos are to fight for our right to our freedom and Nigeria resists, we go to war. Maybe we lost round 1 but we shall keep fighting until our sovereignty that was stolen by the British is returned.
let's call it a gay marriage. grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by nerodenero: 7:44am On Aug 01, 2015
I didn’t witness the civil war but from what I saw in my recent visit to Maiduguri, Adamawa and Plateau state, I have become a disciple of dialogue as a means to resolve issues. If Biafra will become a reality, it shouldn’t be through the barrel of a gun. It is wrong to seek divorce by putting a gun to your spouse’s head
I love the above submission as it is the high point of the report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by wilybebsy(m): 7:49am On Aug 01, 2015
zendy:
Etcetra made one big mistake in this write up. He said that while he believes in right of the Igbos to secede, it should be done peacefully because "it is wrong to seek divorce by putting a gun to your spouse’s head" . What Etcetra needs to explain now is "when did we get married?" Nigeria is an illegal union where certain west African ethnic groups were forced by the British to be together. There was never any marriage, I as Igbo man can leave any time I wish. A white man cannot come from Britain to foist an illegal identity called "Nigerian" on me. We Igbos are going to fight for our right to our freedom and if Nigeria resists, we go to war. Maybe we lost round 1 but we shall keep fighting until our sovereignty that was stolen by the British is returned. Nobody can force another to be a Nigerian
broz can u stand war wen it surfacez?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by condralbede(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2015
wilybebsy:
Help me ask him.
Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by zendy: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2015
wilybebsy:

If I cannot stand war to fight for my own freedom then it means I am not a man. What will happen? Death? Hunger? Loss of property? I am prepared to through all those things to get my freedom as an Igbo man. But it is really strange that a Yoruba or Hausa man who has no historical connection with the Igbo is prepared to fight a war to be with Igbos, really strange

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by orunto27: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2015
Biafra is a figment. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by ArodewilliamsT: 8:47am On Aug 01, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
[s]so, every ibo man that reasons well is automatically a yoruba man?

The Hypocrisy Of The Ibos

When president buhari appointed new service chiefs, they complained that no ibo man was included forgeting that a man from rivers state is among the appointees. Is rivers state not "among" their biafra states? Shouldn't they be rejoicing about his inclusion? This clearly shows that biafra is a pet project for the ibos alone to lord over the Southern minorities.

They claim that boko haram is a northern problem which should be dealt by them, but complained when the appointed services chiefs where mostly northerners.

They claim they don't want to be in thesame country with other tribes especially the yorubas and hausa/fulani, yet they want to form a country with the southern minority tribes, a mini-nigeria, where they will be able to lord over them. Why not a country for ibos alone?

They hate lord luggard for creating a map called nigerian, yet they want to take advantage of the map which created an eastern region that lumped them and the minorities together. If the minorities had no resources, they won't have bothered trying to enslave them in a cunning biafra.

They claim they love the minorities, yet they abhore hate for them for declaring their properties abandoned properties.

Can they promise the minorities that they won't declare their land a no man's land just as they claim lagos is? Ibos will never change their coveteous ways.

What if an ibo man is currently the president of nigeria, would they clamour for biafra? We all remember how they taunted other tribes when jonathan was president.

They call themselves southeast but hate it when the minorities call themselves southsouth.

They want the Niger delta militants to wage war against the federation just cos they want to use the means to cry genocide and achieve biafra. They are afraid of cracking a knockout in their own region cos they know that war ravages a region, yet they want the southern minorities to do that.

They were quick to reject the transfer of boko haram prisoners to a federal prison in their region and will also be quick to cry marginalisation. They only care about the goodies that comes with being in Nigeria but hate to share of its woes.

They claim nigeria is a corrupt nation but Ohanaeze cries wolf when an ibo politician is tried for corruption. If Obama's father was an Ibo man, they would have supported his gay crusade cos "he's our brother". [/s]

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by vicenzo(m): 8:52am On Aug 01, 2015
zendy:

If I cannot stand war to fight for my own freedom then it means I am not a man. What will happen? Death? Hunger? Loss of property? I am prepared to through all those things to get my freedom as an Igbo man. But it is really strange that a Yoruba or Hausa man who has no historical connection with the Igbo is prepared to fight a war to be with Igbos, really strange

It's not strange, it's the very fundamental characteristics of parasitism.

To be effective, parasites must be of different specie and genus from their hosts. The further the differences or lack of similarity a parasite has with it's host, the more effective it becomes in evolving properties and mechanisms that will prevent the host from ridding itself of the parasite.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by vicenzo(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2015
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." – Eleanor
Biafra is indeed a beautiful dream.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by vicenzo(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2015
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." – Eleanor
"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure." – Paulo Coelho
"The exact level of tyranny that you're going to live under, is the level of tyranny you put up with." ~Thomas Jefferson

"One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore".~ Andre Gide
Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2015
I keep wondering one thing, Yorubas and some other useless tribes say they hate igbos, but it's over der dead body for the people they hate to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by hakeem4(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2015
vicenzo:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the
beauty of their dreams." – Eleanor

night mare
Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by tuffgongjo(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2015
hakeem4:
night mere
Nightmare,not nightmere.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by hakeem4(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Nightmare,not nightmere.
noted
Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 01, 2015
zendy:

"Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background, the countless minor scenes and interiors of the secession war; and it is best they should not. The real war will never get in the books."
— Walt Whitman
"There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war. Except its ending."
— Abraham Lincoln
Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has truly never been there before!"
— Larry Reeves

My uncle fought the first Biafran war and when I asked him if he would again fight for we igbos he laughed and said there's nothing like enjoying peace. It could take just a bullet for your own war to finish my bro.

I think op made very strong points there.

I have a friend who was a mercenary in ghadaffi's war. You have never experienced superior fire power and demons of the air in form of bombers and jet fighters and you are talking of war, who will support us?

Didn't u see how obj crushed the spirit of our brothers in the creek such that when offered amnesty they dropped their weapons.

I'm actually in a uni where the amnesty students are doing their academic programs, and if u ask 20, 19 will tell u they can't pick up a gun again. And u are here talking of war.

Most of we Igbo are rich and very comfortable where we are living, I don't know why u will be talking of war because of politics the average igbo man isn't interested in. Abeg our generation, especially we in school have gone to far integrating as we have so many friends from different ethnic backgrounds. You haven't thought of the fact that igbos have toiled and own 70% of land in abj( el rufai FTC minister 2007) and u are asking them to leave all of it and start fighting war. Where will financial support come from, our Igbo politicians, ohaneze? I pray ooo. Our youths will just shed their blood like stock pigs and we will be the jest of the world just like France, first to declare war and first to lose; twice in history. and then you will now see the true meaning of marginalization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by TRUTHTOPOWER: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2015
zendy:

This is very noble. The little fear is that the envisaged "freedom" may not be attained after the war. Freedom is hollow and barren if it does not bring peace. From Iraq to Sudan and USSR, the glarring lesson is that: armed conflict will remain a war of peacekeeping long decades after the war is over whilst dialogue will yield progress even in the pendency of cold war. I think this is nobler, my brother. Another question is: how many souls of the weak, children, women, sick are you willing to sacrifice so as to have your idea of freedom? will the sufferings of these class of people not be a bondage far agonizing than current burden of political exclusion which you claimed has been trusted on you? What benefit has the poor urchins in Kaduna or Osun has over the ones in Ebonyi? Will it not be nobler to fight for social justice in your homeland than to wage war over the privileges of elective or appointive offices? Does it not shock you that the media has brainwashed its readers to ignore their rights and focus on the privileges of our leaders. Alas. we are now part of the treachery - albeit unwittinly!

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Should Wake Up , Biafra Is A Dream - Etcetera by zendy: 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

This is very noble. The little fear is that the envisaged "freedom" may not be attained after the war. Freedom is hollow and barren if it does not bring peace. From Iraq to Sudan and USSR, the glarring lesson is that: armed conflict will remain a war of peacekeeping long decades after the war is over whilst dialogue will yield progress even in the pendency of cold war. I think this is nobler, my brother. Another question is: how many souls of the weak, children, women, sick are you willing to sacrifice so as to have your idea of freedom? will the sufferings of these class of people not be a bondage far agonizing than current burden of political exclusion which you claimed has been trusted on you? What benefit has the poor urchins in Kaduna or Osun has over the ones in Ebonyi? Will it not be nobler to fight for social justice in your homeland than to wage war over the privileges of elective or appointive offices? Does it not shock you that the media has brainwashed its readers to ignore their rights and focus on the privileges of our leaders. Alas. we are now part of the treachery - albeit unwittinly!

These are the wrong questions to ask. The right question should be 'why do we have to fight in first place?' . We all used to be free people before the White came to create Nigeria. That white has man has since gone home. Why do we now have to kill our selves before we go back to how we were before the white man came?

The answer these questions is something that the so called Nigerians don't want to face up to, that Nigeria is just a "master/slave" relationship and we have been killing our selves for 55 years over who should be the master and should be the slave. As long Nigeria exists, I will never have sovereignty to administer my own affairs as an Igbo man and that is unacceptable. It is time for us to put an end to Nigeria or we prepare for another round of armed conflict and carry on killing each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: "Why I Married More Than 1 Wife" / EFCC Declares Tompolo Wanted Five Days After Akpabio Visited Him / Real Version Of How Sir Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa Met His Untimely Death In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.