Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh (3807 Views)

EFCC Operative Stuck In Septic Tank As They Raid Alex Badeh’s Farm. Photos / Alex Badeh House In Abuja Seized By The EFCC - Pictured / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by unknown87: 1:46am On Aug 02, 2015
Op I'm yet to confirm if he truly said that, but I hope he didn't. They bought F-7 jets from China
About 5years ago (I was told by a top official that they were fairly used). They also bought Helicopter gun ships. The state of the NAF in terms of equipment is not as terrible as the officials claim it is, its not good either. I still wonder why we cannot buy new jets and gun ships. They can be buy for 50million dollars a piece at most ( american jets ). Those in charge will always choose to settle for used old jets and upgrade the ones we have.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by genearts(m): 2:10am On Aug 02, 2015
chronique:
So you mean Jonathan is the reason why IBB,Abacha,Abdulsalam,OBJ and Yar'Adua didn't buy a single fighter jet for the airforce during their reigns? I like you;you are very intelligent.

Lolzz... when GEJ said that he has equiped the army more than any other leader in the history of nigeria, where were you??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by onoja12: 4:20am On Aug 02, 2015
ask him what happen to all the money release to him during his time in office? why didn't he buy jets?

mahyowah:
I was totally bewildered when the former Chief of Defence Staff Alex Badeh on Channels tv said Nigeria has the oldest fighter jets in the world. I couldn't believe it. With my hands on my head I wondered how possible it could be that Nigeria the No. 1 in Africa could treat a matter of security with levity. According to Badeh, our present fighter jets were last purchased in 1981. Till now, I'm still trying to believe his claim.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mikolo80: 5:32am On Aug 02, 2015
feldido:
APC government and exaggerations. Are you saying we are still using planes from WW1?
apc or pdp
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mikolo80: 5:35am On Aug 02, 2015
dominique:

Yes such planes exist in museums. No country with a serious military will be fighting with 30+ year old jets.
America does.this is why we leave the war mongering to men toots.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 02, 2015
Is it now that he is saying It? He's na madd man
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by otokx(m): 6:13am On Aug 02, 2015
Imortal001:
This alex badeh no well oh! what happen to all the money budget to fight boko haram?

The chap ought to be arrested and made to help account for all the money my brother Jonathan claims he released in buying arms.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by sweetgala(m): 6:22am On Aug 02, 2015
mahyowah:
I was totally bewildered when the former Chief of Defence Staff Alex Badeh on Channels tv said Nigeria has the oldest fighter jets in the world. I couldn't believe it. With my hands on my head I wondered how possible it could be that Nigeria the No. 1 in Africa could treat a matter of security with levity. According to Badeh, our present fighter jets were last purchased in 1981. Till now, I'm still trying to believe his claim.

That is not a lie, when you think that the alpha beta we pride it are actually light attack aircraft and trainer jets

I don't even know if we still have Migs which are functional
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by sweetgala(m): 6:27am On Aug 02, 2015
genearts:

Lolzz... when GEJ said that he has equiped the army more than any other leader in the history of nigeria, where were you??

IBB and Abacha both went out of their ways to make sure the airforce received little money and effectively did not buy new jets. IBB had the twarted air force led coup attempt and Abacha had the same , remember the air force were involved in the failed Diya coup plot as well.

OBJ just forget baba iyabo, he liked the Army, most of the funding went towards infantry equipment upkeep, and finance for mid level officers
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by Beremx(f): 6:51am On Aug 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Badeh Badeh

As CDS n former airman you didn't procure new fighter jets. you had trillions as budget yet all bought was Alpha jets with dumpy warheads
I wouldn't blame Badeh for his comments. Remember that Sambo Dasuki the former NSA was given the responsibility to buy aircrafts and ammunitions for the army which was wrong. It is the responsibility of the ministry of Defense to do so not NSA. Honestly, you can't blame Badeh.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by alrahmanonline(m): 6:58am On Aug 02, 2015
feldido:
APC government and exaggerations. Are you saying we are still using planes from WW1?
i don't think you read the post at all, or may be you don't know, badeh is not lai muhammed, badeh is recently retired COAS chief of army staff
Even somebody mess for your house na APC Nawa for you o
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by alrahmanonline(m): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2015
feldido:
i don't think you read the post at all, or may be you don't know, badeh is not lai muhammed, badeh is recently retired CDS Former

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by idu1(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2015
Dss and Efcc should arrest this man for questioning...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
I wouldn't blame Badeh for his comments. Remember that Sambo Dasuki the former NSA was given the responsibility to buy aircrafts and ammunitions for the army which was wrong. It is the responsibility of the ministry of Defense to do so not NSA. Honestly, you can't blame Badeh.
as CDS Badeh was part of the chopping. He once said a soldier with a rifle shldnt complain of lack of weaponry

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2015
sweetgala:

IBB and Abacha both went out of their ways to make sure the airforce received little money and effectively did not buy new jets. IBB had the twarted air force led coup attempt and Abacha had the same , remember the air force were involved in the failed Diya coup plot as well.

OBJ just forget baba iyabo, he liked the Army, most of the funding went towards infantry equipment upkeep, and finance for mid level officers
Paul dike tried to upgrade NAF during Obj
NA was nt upgraded during obj. Obsolete weaponry used during wwII is what she has
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by chronique(m): 7:38am On Aug 02, 2015
I guess you didn't get the sarcasm in my post. If the former CDS could complain of something like this,and Jonathan claims to have equipped the army more than any other past leader,it should then tell you how rotten the army as an institution,was left to be by the past leaders.
genearts:

Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by feldido(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Shutup ur mouth! Was Badeh appointed by Apc govt? Why can't u reason with ur head at times.must u use ur anus to reason all the time?

Get ur self some maturity and stop talking trash!

Maturity will make me ignore your "mature" WAY OF correcting someone
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by feldido(m): 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
alrahmanonline:

i don't think you read the post at all, or may be you don't know, badeh is not lai muhammed, badeh is recently retired CDS Former

Noted!
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by baralatie(m): 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

He is not wrong. Nigeria's military is nothing to write about. Old tanks, dying and rusty choppers and fighter jets yet, you expect BH to be defeated with these craps. Buhari seroiusly needs to pump more budget into the country's military within the limited time he has.
where and which country is going to sell to Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mahyowah(m): 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
onoja12:
ask him what happen to all the money release to him during his time in office? why didn't he buy jets?

dont worry, the wind of probe will soon reach him.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by mahyowah(m): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
unknown87:
Op I'm yet to confirm if he truly said that, but I hope he didn't. They bought F-7 jets from China
About 5years ago (I was told by a top official that they were fairly used). They also bought Helicopter gun ships. The state of the NAF in terms of equipment is not as terrible as the officials claim it is, its not good either. I still wonder why we cannot buy new jets and gun ships. They can be buy for 50million dollars a piece at most ( american jets ). Those in charge will always choose to settle for used old jets and upgrade the ones we have.
he said so on channes tv news.
Re: Nigeria Has The Oldest Fighter Jets In The World - Alex Badeh by unknown87: 7:29am On Aug 03, 2015
mahyowah:
he said so on channes tv news.
Then he lied.

(1) (2) (Reply)

America Is Behind Boko Haram - Shoot Me, But Read This / IPOB Organizes Football Match In Malaysia Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hearing. Photos / Presidential Elections : See How Igbos Voted In 2003 With Ojukwu On The Ballot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.