Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch (1494 Views)

Halima Babangida To Be The 3rd Wife Of Auwal Lawa: Lady Shades Anti-Polygamists / Nigeria-china Roadshow Fetches $50 Billion — NNPC / Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by secorn: 6:48am On Aug 02, 2015
Wife of the richest man in the world, Melinda Gates, was pictured on Saturday carrying on her head a bucket of water fetched from a village in Malawi.

Net worth of the United States’ billionaire Bill Gates, according to Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s billionaires, stands at $76 billion.

The billionaire’s spouse, who described herself as “philanthropist, businesswoman, mother, passionate advocate for women and girls,” posted a photo of herself with a 20-litre bucket of water on her head alongside two other Malawian women, walking on a dirt road.

In another picture posted on her Instagram page, she was seen doing the dishes in a Malawian village.

Describing her experience, Gates said on her Facebook page, “During my stay in Malawi, I joined the women collecting drinking water. I carried 20 litres and it was tough. Meanwhile, Chrissy (middle) is carrying about 40 litres. Many women do this every day.”

She has been described as one of the world’s famous social activist “who is trying to serve the people in ignorance.”

In June, wife of the US billionaire met with Malawian President Peter Mutharika at Kamuzu Palace in Lilongwe. The agenda was to discuss the promotion of safe motherhood and maternal health in the country.
Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by marshalcarter: 6:51am On Aug 02, 2015
So?

No be human being
Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by Udmaster(m): 6:52am On Aug 02, 2015
Nice one.. why is malawi so poor?
Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by Demmocrats(m): 6:53am On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by temitemi1(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2015
Ok...
Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by heykims(m): 6:55am On Aug 02, 2015
When I was in primary school, I never read any storybook without pictures..

1 Like

Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by sinkhole: 7:01am On Aug 02, 2015
Na picture of her fetching water I come here to see o, and no picture!
Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by tempex88(m): 7:08am On Aug 02, 2015
Humilty at. It's peak. This isn't a show off or political campaign
Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by justi4jesu(f): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2015
Picture and Source undecided
Re: Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch by dyabman(m): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2015
Picture pls ..

(1) (Reply)

Ex-gov. Fashola Spits Fire / Where Is Chris Ngige? / Akwa Ibom Dakkada [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.