Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi (3362 Views)

Halima Babangida To Be The 3rd Wife Of Auwal Lawa: Lady Shades Anti-Polygamists / Nigeria-china Roadshow Fetches $50 Billion — NNPC / Wife Of The World Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi: Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by shachris02: 6:55am On Aug 02, 2015

Wife of the richest man in the world, Melinda Gates, was pictured on Saturday carrying on her head a bucket of water fetched from a village in Malawi.

Net worth of the United States’ billionaire Bill Gates, according to Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s billionaires, stands at $76 billion.

The billionaire’s spouse, who described herself as “philanthropist, businesswoman, mother, passionate advocate for women and girls,” posted a photo of herself with a 20-litre bucket of water on her head alongside two other Malawian women, walking on a dirt road.

In another picture posted on her Instagram page, she was seen doing the dishes in a Malawian village.

Describing her experience, Gates said on her Facebook page, “During my stay in Malawi, I joined the women collecting drinking water. I carried 20 litres and it was tough. Meanwhile, Chrissy (middle) is carrying about 40 litres. Many women do this every day.”

She has been described as one of the world’s famous social activist “who is trying to serve the people in ignorance.”

In June, wife of the US billionaire met with Malawian President Peter Mutharika at Kamuzu Palace in Lilongwe. The agenda was to discuss the promotion of safe motherhood and maternal health in the country.

Source

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Chibabi(m): 7:00am On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by PPAngel(f): 7:00am On Aug 02, 2015
One swipe of her platinum black card will see that this village gets descent portable water supply.

What has carrying water on her head do to solve the problem?

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Godfullsam(m): 7:01am On Aug 02, 2015
Waoh see humility cool

God bless you ma' am.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 02, 2015
ok. should i say she is humble down to earth?
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Beremx(f): 7:05am On Aug 02, 2015
After carrying bucket of water on her head,what next?

Publicly stunt!

3 Likes

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by PPAngel(f): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:

Publicly stunt!

This is the only time you have made sense

Keep it up cos I'm about to like your post

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by jaybee3(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:

Publicly stunt!

They actually put a lot of their funds where it matters

It's about raising awareness of the plight of women across Africa and i'm sure clean and easily accessible water will be on the agenda henceforth

8 Likes

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 02, 2015
PPAngel:

This is the only you have made sense
I ve liked her post too...
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by bewla(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2015
Godfullsam:
Waoh see humility cool
God bless you ma' am.

and u and me too
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Beremx(f): 7:11am On Aug 02, 2015
jaybee3:

They actually put a lot of their funds were it matters

It's about raising awareness of the plight of women across Africa and i'm sure clean and easily accessible water will be on the agenda henceforth
Indeed! So how many buckets of water does she have to carry all over Africa to raise awareness?

Mr. Jaybee,tell me something else! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Beremx(f): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2015
PPAngel:

This is the only time you have made sense
grin grin grin
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by missionmex(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2015
She ma get head na! I will only be surprise if she is doing without head.
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by ramdris(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2015
This is very inspiring.
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by powerfulsettingz: 7:14am On Aug 02, 2015
Mama peace should learn from her, instead of fighting for a VIP lounge at the airport

3 Likes

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:

Publicly stunt!
It's not a publicity stunt, Bill and Melinda Gates are by far the world's biggest philanthropists and this is one of their many projects in Malawi to provide clean water in rural areas. In Nigeria here, the support of their foundation is why Nigeria is on the edge of polio eradication

3 Likes

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Djicemob: 7:15am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
Indeed! So how many buckets of water does she have to carry all over Africa to raise awareness?

So much anger and hatred in you....for a lady undecided

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by egift(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2015
Wealthy in humility, empathy and dignity. The Gates are a blessing to the world. God bless them both.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by jaybee3(m): 7:19am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:

Are you aware of bill and melinda gates foundation?

Bringing them water which is supposed to be one of the basic things every human being should not have to suffer to get wouldn't have been far reaching as it won't create the same awareness as this stunt.

You can safely assume they would have provided a solution alongside the awareness campaign

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by PPAngel(f): 7:20am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:
Wealthy in humility, empathy and dignity. The Gates are a blessing to the world. God bless them both.

Shillioniare extradoinaire stop your azz licking.

The Gates don't need a cheap zeta level shill to promote them here on nairaland
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by sinkhole: 7:23am On Aug 02, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Mama peace should learn from her, instead of fighting for a VIP lounge at the airport
Which one would you like Mama peace to carry, bucket of water or stomach? Melinda can even run with that bucket of water on her head!

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Beremx(f): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2015
SenseiX:

It's not a publicity stunt, Bill and Melinda Gates are by far the world's biggest philanthropists and these is one of their many projects in Malawi to provide clean water in rural areas. In Nigeria here, the support of their foundation is why Nigeria is on the edge of polio eradication
seems you're not getting my gist. Does she have to carry water on her head to create awareness? I am not against her many projects in Malawi to provide clean water.
I bet you if it was Aisha Buhari that did this, I know what TANoids will be saying now.

Just let it slide biko!
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by egift(m): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2015
[s]
PPAngel:

Shillioniare extradoinaire stop your azz licking.

The Gates don't need a cheap zeta level shill to promote them here on nairaland
[/s]

Next Wailer!

Even when there is nothing to cry about, these ones will keep barking. How does my harmless comment take away your breakfast today?

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by efilefun(m): 7:25am On Aug 02, 2015
If this happens in Nigeria you hear some wailers scream propaganda like that's the only word that exists in the dictionary

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by PPAngel(f): 7:25am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Next Wailer!

Even when there is nothing to cry about, these ones will keep barking. How does my harmless comment take away your breakfast today?

You can not touch my wealth.

I am old and new money combined and not some cheapskate Internet hustler.
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Beremx(f): 7:25am On Aug 02, 2015
Djicemob:
So much anger and hatred in you....for a lady undecided
na you sabi! I just expressed my opinion. If you ain't comfortable with my opinion,you can go sleep on Oshodi-Apapa expressway!
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by ApcSucks: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
na you sabi! I just expressed my opinion. If you ain't comfortable with my opinion,you can go sleep on Oshodi-Apapa expressway!

Shame on you

Ekwensu
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by powerfulsettingz: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2015
sinkhole:
Which one would you like Mama peace to carry, bucket of water or stomach? Melinda can even run with that bucket of water on her head!
the last tym I checked she's only concerned about carrying boxes of dollars instead

1 Like

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by jaybee3(m): 7:26am On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
seems you're not getting my gist. Does she have to carry water on her head to create awareness? I am not against her many projects in Malawi to provide clean water.
I bet you if it was Aisha Buhari that did this, I know what TANoids will be saying now.

Just let it slide biko!

It's all about having a perfect story by living through their real life experience

She carried a 20 litres of water on her head and walked miles

They younger one in the middle carried 40 litres

Are you getting the gist?

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2015
This is the reason we Africans remain monkeys in the eyes of the whites.

What's the relevance of this if not to showcase us once more as third class people.

Cheap and silly publicity from a woman whose husband I aspire to outshine sooner. undecided
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by Beremx(f): 7:29am On Aug 02, 2015
jaybee3:

It's all about having a perfect story by living through their real life experience

She carried a 20 litres of water on her head and walked miles

They younger one in the middle carried 40 litres

Are you getting the gist?
its a PUBLICITY STUNT!! Simple!

How are you this morning btw? How far with the Ofeakwu soup? wink cheesy
Re: Wife Of World’s Richest Man Fetches Water In Malawi by sinkhole: 7:30am On Aug 02, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
the last tym I checked she's only concerned about carrying boxes of dollars instead
And the end result will be one cancer or the other!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Activities Of Your Group Helped Fuel Radio Biafra", Njiko Igbo Fires Back At ACF / Amnesty International Report Nigeria Police Targets Pro Biafrans - UK Ibtimes / Ex-president, U.S Firm Named In Atiku’s Visa Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.