Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1226496 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by solbash11(m): 12:01am On Oct 30, 2015
customised87:

Unfortunately, the US store i bought from said they are unable to verify the account n so they ll credit my account back and i should make my payment using paypal. How do go about this PayPal cos i need to buy this thing urgently as the person that wants to help me bring it to Nig will leave US by next week. Someone pls enlighten me

Talk to us at Prime-Link Global Communications.
We can provide you assistance with the PayPal payment to the USA store. Feel free to send us an email (see signature below)

Also Visit our thread online...

www.nairaland.com/2617156/prime-link-global-communications-nairaland-customer
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 1:33am On Oct 30, 2015
stevolinkon40:
first bank 8-10days...
stanbic 5-9working days...

lol, those banks you mentioned take 1-3 business days
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by stevolinkon40: 4:51am On Oct 30, 2015
mavinc4u:

lol, those banks you mentioned take 1-3 business days
1-3 business days? My last refund on firstbank took exactly 10 days.8working days plus weekend.
my last stanbic took exactly 6days...
.though I got refunded at exact amount I paid without sending any mail from both banks.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by ceaser: 5:27am On Oct 30, 2015
Omotweezy:
Hi guys ,
Please I have a situation . I have been making purchases on Amazon for the past two months with my stanbic card. I always chose the option to pay in naira equivalent when checking out. Amazon actually coverts one dollar at 208. I checked out in naira and stanbic sends me the exact deduction from my account .

So I woke up to find all my money gone on my stanbic account . After two months of purchases on Amazon . I called customer care n I was told that Amazon billed me lower than the banks exchange rate . Am so furious , don't know what to do. I also used diamond debit card to buy stuffs on Amazon and the amount debited was exactly what Amazon charged .
What if I did not have more money on my stanbic card? Would they put my savings account to minus .
Please has anyone experienced this ? What should I do about this ? The difference taken from my account is a of money .
Thanks for your help

Remind me again. Is StanbicIBTC not owned by South Africa?

As a South African consortium, they need to raise 5 billion dollars to pay for MTN sanction of two weeks ago. That's the reason you are just getting overcharged this week for a transaction that you have been appropriately charged for and concluded weeks back. Perhaps CBN can come to your aid on this.

Sorry pal.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 8:19am On Oct 30, 2015
stevolinkon40:
1-3 business days? My last refund on firstbank took exactly 10 days.8working days plus weekend.
.though I got refunded at exact amount I paid without sending any mail from both banks.

My refunds in those bank refunds is 1-3days. If refund happens on Friday then it would reflect on Monday. is only Skye bank I don't understand their duration but I would shake them soon to reduce the duration, normal duration is 1-3days.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:31am On Oct 30, 2015
tonjeola:
my brother no be small tin ooo, this banks dey kill us, stanbic called me 2 days ago, them don dey hearam ooo, transaction don reduce, so them dey beg now, me tell them to reduce their fx rate if want us back
Dat was the same reply I gave them when they asked if I can recommend stanbic bank to a friend. I told the CC agent HELL NO

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2015
stevolinkon40:
Immediately it's 48 hours I send a mail asking for my money. 72hours I copy CBN and I get paid. That is my trick
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2015
From Ecobank yesterday

"Our card rate for 29th October, 2015 for Dollar is 218.44, pounds is 336.09 and Euro is 244.13"

From Zenith Bank yesterday (bullshit)

"There are no pre-defined rates until settlement is confirmed for the transaction, transactions are charged at prevalent favourable rate"

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Chartey(m): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2015
Anybody used Stanbic today? Urgent
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Chibenze(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

Immediately it's 48 hours I send a mail asking for my money. 72hours I copy CBN and I get paid. That is my trick
How does cbn fasten it?
Can you explain better
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by capspeter: 11:40am On Oct 30, 2015
GTBank rate toady for CNY is Y1=N35.08
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lazinny(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chartey:
Anybody used Stanbic today? Urgent
yesterday, yes. It's still 220

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
4 days now, my money haven't been reversed to my Stanbic IBTC Bank

PayPal reversal.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2015
Youngzedd:
4 days now, my money haven't been reversed to my Stanbic IBTC Bank

PayPal reversal.

You are the one slacking, once you send stanbic proof of refund (mail, screenshot, whatever you can). They will reverse it under 24 hours.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by sucaba: 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
Omotweezy:
Hi guys ,
Please I have a situation . I have been making purchases on Amazon for the past two months with my stanbic card. I always chose the option to pay in naira equivalent when checking out. Amazon actually coverts one dollar at 208. I checked out in naira and stanbic sends me the exact deduction from my account .

So I woke up to find all my money gone on my stanbic account . After two months of purchases on Amazon . I called customer care n I was told that Amazon billed me lower than the banks exchange rate . Am so furious , don't know what to do. I also used diamond debit card to buy stuffs on Amazon and the amount debited was exactly what Amazon charged .
What if I did not have more money on my stanbic card? Would they put my savings account to minus .
Please has anyone experienced this ? What should I do about this ? The difference taken from my account is a of money .
Thanks for your help

Same thing happened with First Bank. I have also used GTB and Access for the same purchases and they never charged me extra at a later date. These lousy banks are just reaping where they did not sow.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Chartey(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
lazinny:
yesterday, yes. It's still 220
Thanks.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bigdot1759(m): 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
Please if u want to use Western union of dis stanbic for sending do I need dollars or dey'll accept naira from me
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
Stanley08:

You are the one slacking, once you send stanbic proof of refund (mail, screenshot, whatever you can). They will reverse it under 24 hours.

I will do just that.

Thanks.

Update: Refunded.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
bigdot1759:
Please if u want to use Western union of dis stanbic for sending do I need dollars or dey'll accept naira from me

Stanbic don't send money through western union, you can only receive.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
Stanbic now N221.3 @10.30pm today
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lazinny(m): 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
Pls has any other person confirmed this union bank rates?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
tonjeola:
Are you sure ? Did u calculate from alert or by subtracting?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 1:14am On Oct 31, 2015
tumababa:

Are you sure ? Did u calculate from alert or by subtracting?
calculate from debit: N51994.8/$234.99 = N221.26388
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 31, 2015
tonjeola:
Then All my efforts to have multiple accounts was a waste
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bigdot1759(m): 4:02am On Oct 31, 2015
Youngzedd:

Stanbic don't send money through western union, you can only receive.
thanks pls can I use anyone without having account with dem & would dey accept naira frm me?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 5:17am On Oct 31, 2015
Skye #214.99 Oct 30th

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Chartey(m): 5:20am On Oct 31, 2015
tonjeola:
I used yesterday morning. Just got the alert this morning and it's N220.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 5:30am On Oct 31, 2015
Chibenze:

How does cbn fasten it?
Can you explain better
No bank like dragging issue with you when CBN is involved as a witness. But be sure you are right.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 5:45am On Oct 31, 2015
Chartey:

I used yesterday morning. Just got the alert this morning and it's N220.
they ve adjust
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Chartey(m): 5:52am On Oct 31, 2015
tonjeola:
they ve adjust
Please explain.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tonjeola(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2015
tonjeola:
Chartey:

Please explain.
that was what stanbic charged me yesterday night, is enough explanation
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Chartey(m): 6:35am On Oct 31, 2015
tonjeola:
that was what stanbic charged me yesterday night, is enough explanation
Chairman no be fight na. Thanks very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (908) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.