Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? (12553 Views)

The Quest For Religion Supremacy & Dominance In North Nigeria / Pastor Who Buried Humans In His Church Foundation Finally Got Arrested[see Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by wiegraf: 5:21am On Aug 09, 2015
DeepSight:

Naturally. Just as surely as an antelope might have challenges reading Shakespeare.

Didn't say I didn't understand it, I said it's shitte. It fails on a variety of levels, including emotional. For instance, it makes some fairly silly assumptions that disrupt immersion. However, your analogy here does demonstrate something

You see, I'd say the antelope is better off figuring out say Newton and Einstein. I fail to see how Shakespeare would save it from, for example, hunters or disease. On the other hand learning how to make vaccines and bullet proof vests would very clearly do it some good.

Basically, the analogy does show how useless your wishy washy feely dreamy rainbow and butterflies poetry is to the plight of black man. It's nigh on totally worthless, so I do wonder why you persist.

Simple intellectual ma.sturbat1on? OK, I guess. To each his own, obviously. But even more bizarrely, you also seem to be trying to pass it off as something objective. Some sort of 'deep' truth....

lol no

3 Likes

Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by orisa37: 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
It will mean nothing because Christians believe that every thing created by man is from the light of God in him and borne out of His Instructions,Directions and Discernment.
Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by DeepSight(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
wiegraf:

Didn't say I didn't understand it, I said it's shitte. It fails on a variety of levels, including emotional. For instance, it makes some fairly silly assumptions that disrupt immersion. However, your analogy here does demonstrate something

You see, I'd say the antelope is better off figuring out say Newton and Einstein. I fail to see how Shakespeare would save it from, for example, hunters or disease. On the other hand learning how to make vaccines and bullet proof vests would very clearly do it some good.

Basically, the analogy does show how useless your wishy washy feely dreamy rainbow and butterflies poetry is to the plight of black man. It's nigh on totally worthless, so I do wonder why you persist.

Simple intellectual ma.sturbat1on? OK, I guess. To each his own, obviously. But even more bizarrely, you also seem to be trying to pass it off as something objective. Some sort of 'deep' truth....

lol no

Good come back and great writing for once. Thumbs up.
Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by dolphinheart(m): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I'm a christian. I doubt an atheist would ask you to quote scripture.

I did not ask about ur religion, I asked about ur view on the book u say I should quote from. What ur view on the bible.?
Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by DeepSight(m): 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
^^^ Seems Christian to me, but probably does not subscribe to biblical inerrancy.
Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by wiegraf: 5:29am On Aug 10, 2015
DeepSight:

Good come back and great writing for once. Thumbs up.

SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by DeepSight(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2015
wiegraf:

SMH

You do know that you are still of course entirely wrong. Still quite the antelope if you do not appreciate the functions of thought as enumerated.
Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by wiegraf: 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
DeepSight:

You do know that you are still of course entirely wrong. Still quite the antelope if you do not appreciate the functions of thought as enumerated.

That's much better. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 11, 2015
Relevant to topic. Just before I go through the comments.
http://bigthink.com/21st-century-spirituality/how-will-robots-change-religion
Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by orisa37: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2015
The human creators will be gods(Orisas). For they will be revealing the Wisdom of our Almighty God. God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. He gives us Education and Skills. He is Whatever we are-very simple.
Re: What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? by UyiIredia(m): 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Some laws supersede others. What if we find new laws that distort or even enhance our current physical laws?

True. A robot can be conscious but that law doesn't apply atm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About The Catholic Church Revealed! / Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! / Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.