Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy (31496 Views)

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring / Makarfi-led PDP Kick-starts Move To Form New Political Alliance / Muslims Kick Against Christian/Christian Ticket In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Firefire(m): 7:03am On Aug 03, 2015
I reserve my comment for now.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by boman2014: 7:04am On Aug 03, 2015
g
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by otokx(m): 7:05am On Aug 03, 2015
PDP made mistake on this one.

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by omenka(m): 7:06am On Aug 03, 2015
PDP should simply tell Nigerians in plain language what they desire is to see the country brought to her knees. They are pained because the policy seems to be yielding positive results. They dread the thought of Baba succeeding. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 03, 2015
All this policies will really affect honest business men, let's be realistic.

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by omenka(m): 7:09am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:
Why is the PDP kicking the air like an angry frustrated He-goat over a policy meant to protect the naira?? Is it because you are stuck with your stashed dollars??

The game is up! All the cash u guys looted is trapped now in your vaults at home. All of you have no option than to take it to the parallel market to change. This will go a long way in stabilising the naira and making it stronger in the parallel market.

You may decide to leave it at home and do a gamble on who will get the dollars first btw:

- dare devil robbers, who can sniff dollars from miles away.

- Police, DSS and EFCC who has been given renewed vigour by PMB and eager to please him by looking for any opportunity to catch anyone catchable. grin

-wayward children, who will steal it to live a high life that may cause their death.

- evil domestic staff, who are ready to behead and strangle anyone even if it's just for one $100 bill

If u guys try anything funny by trying to smuggle the cash out; woe betide anyone Buhari catches. By then, I hope their silly supporters on nairaland will not come and cry 'witch-hunt'

Now it seems i'm beginning to like Emefiele.
God bless you and yours. smiley

9 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by ayobase(m): 7:10am On Aug 03, 2015
brb
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Okudiover(m): 7:11am On Aug 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin So Olisa Metuh is now an Economist nde??

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Bovis(m): 7:12am On Aug 03, 2015
T
agabusta:
Why is the PDP kicking the air like an angry frustrated He-goat over a policy meant to protect the naira?? Is it because you are stuck with your stashed dollars??

The game is up! All the cash u guys looted is trapped now in your vaults at home. All of you have no option than to take it to the parallel market to change. This will go a long way in stabilising the naira and making it stronger in the parallel market.

You may decide to leave it at home and do a gamble on who will get the dollars first btw:

- Police, DSS and EFCC who has been given renewed vigour by PMB and eager to please him by looking for any opportunity to catch anyone catchable. grin

-wayward children, who will steal it to live a high life that may cause their death.

- evil domestic staff, who are ready to behead and strangle anyone even if it's just for one $100 bill

If u guys try anything funny by trying to smuggle the cash out; woe betide anyone Buhari catches. By then, I hope their silly supporters on nairaland will not come and cry 'witch-hunt'

Fantastic! Couldn't have stated it any better

8 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by bettercreature(m): 7:13am On Aug 03, 2015
I have always been told there is no dollar anytime i wanted to withdraw from my domiciliary account and now bank suddenly has excess dollar? i pity Nigerians,the whole system is fraud!in other developing countries,there is nothing like domiciliary account
CBN should issue IBAN number for any bank account to be use internationally and cancel domicialiary accounts
PDP should take their stolen dollars to another country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by yahrant140(m): 7:13am On Aug 03, 2015
Pdp again......
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:

You are high on cheap weed! How the hell do I pay for equipment abroad?
PMB this isn't North Korea.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 03, 2015
The banks do not care about the economy just their profits.

PDP cares for only the stashed Dollars kept in the homes of their corrupt members.

Now there is no where to hide.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by 989900: 7:18am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:

LoL. I think it's time to zero-in on those PDP m0f0s.

6 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by PassingShot(m): 7:19am On Aug 03, 2015
ydass:
Going too far with this money laundry policy don't forget there are genuine Nigerian business persons who needs DOM acct. for their business.

I think the government should rather focus attention on creating identity for every Nigerian to enable traceability of any money laundry act.
You have your answer below:
“We wish to assure all citizens seeking foreign currencies for legitimate personal and/or business interests that there remains ample opportunity to do so within the law. The CBN’s Foreign Exchange Rules have many windows for accessing foreign exchange for legitimate business as well as for personal commitments.”

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by onatisi(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2015
otokx:
PDP made mistake on this one.
you are very correct.pdp media group should know that it isn't every policy of government you should be against. Otherwise ppl will see it as hatred instead of constructive criticism.most especially if the policies are bringing out positive results

1 Like 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by ayobase(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta, you need to read this.

" What we do in place place of work is telco consultancy. We also supply telco banks and multi nationals and big companies telco equipment servers switches etc.We always source our forex on the black market and wire abroad.Whrn it is more than $10k 1 wire from different accounts.It swift fast and legitimate.with what Emefiele has done now, it means we have to apply for a form M and that is guaranteed to make turn around time for transactions lengthier and sometimes you may not even get the usd..I know that this policy will really cripple my organization and I also wonder what people with kids going to school abroad will do? Also those whose transaction like the purchase of rice has been banned from even using the form M, what will they do? This is a poorly thought out policy and is guaranteed to ensure people are thrown out of jobs..Emefiele goofed with this panicky move.."

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2015
PDP barking like an hungry dog that is tamed from reaching a bone at distance.

Some months ago, GEJ and his PDP cohorts were sharing dollar to the kings and every supporters who tends to collect. Now what they saved at home have been trapped and would be difficult to exchange because it is illegitimate. They can continue to wail, this policy is good for our naira and shall not be changed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 03, 2015
ydass:
Going too far with this money laundry policy don't forget there are genuine Nigerian business persons who needs DOM acct. for their business.

I think the government should rather focus attention on creating identity for every Nigerian to enable traceability of any money laundry act.

China, the world second biggest economy do all banking transaction in RMB not dollars. many Asia countries dont operate DOM account. Too many dollars in circulation will destroy the local currency value eg. Zimbabwe, Cambodia, Somalia, Liberia etc. In these countries mentioned, you pay for candy or bread with US dollars.
PDP is a criminal organisation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by dallyemmy: 7:24am On Aug 03, 2015
NIGERIA IS NAIRALAND NOT DOLLARLAND!!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by PassingShot(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2015
expee06:

Read my friend!

“We wish to assure all citizens seeking foreign currencies for legitimate personal and/or business interests that there remains ample opportunity to do so within the law. The CBN’s Foreign Exchange Rules have many windows for accessing foreign exchange for legitimate business as well as for personal commitments.”

7 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:

Wailing is in their Blood, they can't do without it. It's like a Monkey and Banana's Union.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by ChiSun27(m): 7:27am On Aug 03, 2015
I love this move......hope is on the way.

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 03, 2015
agabusta:

You only read the heading but fail to read the message. So long the heading talks about PDP, then no point reading for understanding. Very pathetic.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by ashieduplus(m): 7:30am On Aug 03, 2015
PassingShot:
Wonders shall never end. How can a party that failed woefully at managing our economy in the sixteen years it ruled want to advise APC on how to clear the mess they created?

PDP - the party that brought pains, sorrows and sufferings on Nigerians for sixteen years with their brand of paddy paddy economy is talking of archaic and outdated policies! Wow! This party is a useless party in every sense of the word "useless".

How is trade and import restrictions archaic and outdated when many developed and developing nations still engage in it to protect their economy?

How is restriction on domiciliary accounts a bad thing in attempting to stabilize the local currency? The report even highlights it that the policy has started yielding the desired results with[b] a dollar now exchanging for N220 naira in some cases; compared to about N245 a week [/b]earlier.

Metuh/PDP are not to be taken serious for a second. They have lost it completely.

You are still in the past.

199 to a $

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by nairalandndudim: 7:31am On Aug 03, 2015
Want to see something new and exciting?... http://www.
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by donodion(m): 7:32am On Aug 03, 2015
A good shot hitting the right target.

Let's see how they will smuggle stashed foreign currencies out of the country without proper identification,purpose and authorization.

This administration is on the right path....Let heat continue please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by PassingShot(m): 7:32am On Aug 03, 2015
ashieduplus:

You are still in the past.

199 to a $
I just followed the report. Thanks anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Od31(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2015
bettercreature:
I have always been told there is no dollar anytime i wanted to withdraw from my domiciliary account and now bank suddenly has excess dollar? i pity Nigerians,the whole system is fraud!in other developing countries,there is nothing like domiciliary account
CBN should issue IBAN number for any bank account to be use internationally and cancel domicialiary accounts
PDP should take their stolen dollars to another country

Exactly what i was thinking! How come the banks suddenly have too much foreign currency in cash, when i run from bank to bank in a bid to withdraw and they tell me they dont have cash and it is only when someone come to deposit foreign currency that they have to give out to people withdrawing! and Now they have too much to handle? Nigeria!! things are never straight forward for the ordinary person to understand!!. I pray we get things right some day!!!

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by sainty2k3(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2015
expee06:

U can deposit in ur dom account through a naira account, and wire the money to ur merchants.
This gives better record of transaction,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State / Tinubu Challenges US Court Order To Release Records, Files Fresh Objection / Fayose, Ekiti Lawmakers Hold Thanksgiving Service At Deeper Life: Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.