Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy (31494 Views)

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring / Makarfi-led PDP Kick-starts Move To Form New Political Alliance / Muslims Kick Against Christian/Christian Ticket In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by free2ryhme: 7:35am On Aug 03, 2015
People have to understand that for an economy to prosper, a major policy have to be adopted. This policy is meant to revived our economy, which was sabotaged by Metuh and co. PDP tried to phased out Naira out of the economy. They complained because there is no way they can deposit their loot, and thieves created by them are on rampage. This policy will favor a legitimate business and could help in reviving the value of our currency.

PDP Poverty Distributing Party

7 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by donbenie(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2015
Any effective policy to stabilise the Naira is a welcomed option,that the COLLATERAL DAMAGE involves making life more stressful for some thieving POLITICIANS is even more music to the ears,on 1Naira =1Dollar we stand..

7 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by prestigediva1: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2015
Silly talk and bad assertion

jamesharryson:

So because pdp raised voice means they hate the masses? Oga y don't u reason your statements at times. I am not an economist though but I think pdp, though in opposition now, still thinks good for this nation and wants Buhari to succeed. Opposition government doesn't mean opposite people. So pls next time you comment, I beg you in the name of whatever you worship to be more constructive in your criticisms than talking anyhow. I love you though. You still be my brother no matter the weather

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by bayulll01(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2015
ashieduplus:

You are still in the past.

199 to a $

Good policy paid 146 to a dollar for online stuff last week,the likes of wailers barcanista and co shld go and die

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by arm4u: 7:38am On Aug 03, 2015
PDP is very right.
Only kids and those who wait for monthly handouts will jubilate over the madness of Buhari and his CBN.

They are choking life out of international business.

Let me educate you folks.

We have a service which we procure from overseas,
we have a client in Nigeria who needs the service;

We pay our vendor in Dollars, so our client has to pays us in Dollars.

The business is transacted in dollars, We am not thieves.
We have nothing to do with oil let alone oil money.
We are not laundering any money for any body.

The policy has barred our client from paying using dollars.
Yet, Ir must pay my vendor in dollars.
Those of you who are haling it should explain to us how we can continue our business.

This archaic and myopic policy will simply snuff life out of my genuine efforts.

It is like banning cars because armed robbers use it to operate.

You can force Naira to improve in value, but you cannot force the economy to grow,

Well, am I surprised?
Didnt Buhari jail Fela for coming into Nigeria with Dollars he earned from handwork.

Do I blame Buhari?
Has he ventured into any business?
What does he know about money?
Did he not despise the business men when he visited the US?
Like somebody said, we have a celebrated illiterate as President.

Al I can say is, shame.

3 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by profmallory(m): 7:41am On Aug 03, 2015
Damn i love this policy, simply brilliant. Very soon its dollars that would be chasing us, not us loking for dollars. If you have dollars better change it to naira now. The dollar must fall in nigeria. I am proud be now a government that has brains. Sai baba

3 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by KunleBoye: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2015
They did that through the Bank Verification exercise. PDP and the few greedy lots are only angry because it's no longer business as usual

ydass:
Going too far with this money laundry policy don't forget there are genuine Nigerian business persons who needs DOM acct. for their business.

I think the government should rather focus attention on creating identity for every Nigerian to enable traceability of any money laundry act.

3 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by islandmoon: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2015
CBN/Nigeria is losing by taking in dollars and they stopped it, Hehehehe why cant PDP stop the money laundering business too? why cant they take their dollars elsewhere, must they put the country in debt by systematically devaluing the Naira to make the masses labor for it ?? the want to milk us dry and cause us more hardship,
PDP is Nigeria problem.. they should be more concern about protecting the Naira to add value to Nigeria rather than indulging in selfish interest by betraying the nation to enrich themselves.

anyway, we are not disappointed , they have all purchased dual citizenship for their children.

7 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by eddyland: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2015
expee06:

You are high on cheap weed! How the hell do I pay for equipment abroad?
PMB this isn't North Korea.
I guess you didn't read well or you read but did not understand. You pay for equipment abroad by following the right channel. The post stated that there are plenty available legal means to do what you just asked for

5 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by tosmartak(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2015
lagbaja:
This is a laudable development. Excerpt from CBN statement clarifies the policy position.

The CBN commended deposit money banks in the country for curtailing the acceptance of foreign currency cash deposits without proper documentation. It assure all genuine foreign currency users of access to forex, saying. “We wish to assure all citizens seeking foreign currencies for legitimate personal and/or business interests that there remains ample opportunity to do so within the law. The CBN’s Foreign Exchange Rules have many windows for accessing foreign exchange for legitimate business as well as for personal commitments including payment of medical bills, school fees, mortgages, demand notes and other bills.

If you have legitimate business to fund, follow the proper channel.

More details on

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cbn-moves-to-block-illicit-financial-flows-naira-rebounds/216338/

Where is the #ThumbsUp icon when u need one?

5 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by BigBen10: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2015
jamesharryson:

So because pdp raised voice means they hate the masses? Oga y don't u reason your statements at times. I am not an economist though but I think pdp, though in opposition now, still thinks good for this nation and wants Buhari to succeed. Opposition government doesn't mean opposite people. So pls next time you comment, I beg you in the name of whatever you worship to be more constructive in your criticisms than talking anyhow. I love you though. You still be my brother no matter the weather

sorry to say but you are a learner aka naive

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by reuben79: 7:47am On Aug 03, 2015
ibedun:

Because they do not care about the people or the country, they just want Buhari to fail.
yes dat is dere evil prayer, abd God must surely disappoint them on dere evil prayer.bhuari must sucessful by God grace, we Nigerians youths of of gud movement we support u.

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by mudiana(m): 7:47am On Aug 03, 2015
PDP and fcmb bank - partners in crime, God ll punish u both for opening ur stupid mouths. Wish my fellow Nigerians a wonderful week.

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by profmallory(m): 7:47am On Aug 03, 2015
Sorry bro, but ever government policy hurts someone somewhere. But the generality of ourceconmy wld benefit if thecstolen dollars start to reappear. While you complain, some of us wld gladly rejoice if less naira cwn buy more dollaars.. you inlcusive.

arm4u:
PDP is very right.
Only kids and those who wait for monthly handouts will jubilate over the madness of Buhari and his CBN.

Those of you who are haling it should explain to us how we can continue our business.

This archaic and myopic policy will simply snuff life out of my genuine efforts.

You can force Naira to improve in value, but you cannot force the economy to grow,

Well, am I surprised?
Didnt Buhari jail Fela for coming into Nigeria with Dollars he earned from handwork.

Do I blame Buhari?

Al I can say is, shame.

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by bigiyaro(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2015
its painful to go tru change abi? Gone r days were a few clueless wailers n dia cronies will manipulate tins to favour dem to d detriment of millions of nigerians. Its time to cut diz banks to dia real size, enof damage has already been done cos of dia under table dealins.

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by jamesharryson(m): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2015
BigBen10:

sorry to say but you are a learner aka naive

You that have learnt, why can't you make some good contributions other than talking trash
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by nairalandndudim: 7:50am On Aug 03, 2015
Want to see something new and exciting?... http://www.damselscosmetics.com
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by omokab: 7:52am On Aug 03, 2015
Pls people should not mind PDP. Are they not expecting PMB $1 to #1. The ball have started rolling now,they should not complain. Always criticize good things. They said inability to appoint economic team is causing problem. What of their own economic team of wasted six year that bring poverty and corruption to nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by lanpio(m): 7:53am On Aug 03, 2015
What the govt ban is using your domiciliary acct in saving or as a fixed deposits project,not in genuine business transactions,. So why the noise. So surprising that ppl now save or fix money in dollars. Thieves

5 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by reuben79: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=jamesharryson post=36547649]

So because pdp raised voice means they hate the masses? Oga y don't u reason your statements at times. I am not an economist though but I think pdp, though in opposition now, still thinks good for this nation and wants Buhari to succeed. Opposition government doesn't mean opposite people. So pls next time you comment, I beg you in the name of whatever you worship to be more constructive in your criticisms than talking anyhow. I love you though. You still be my brother no matter the weather[/ quotge]u used ur gud time and wrote rubbish

3 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by dammytosh: 7:56am On Aug 03, 2015
You
agabusta:
Why is the PDP kicking the air like an angry frustrated He-goat over a policy meant to protect the naira?? Is it because you are stuck with your stashed dollars??

The game is up! All the cash u guys looted is trapped now in your vaults at home. All of you have no option than to take it to the parallel market to change. This will go a long way in stabilising the naira and making it stronger in the parallel market.

You may decide to leave it at home and do a gamble on who will get the dollars first btw:

- dare devil robbers, who can sniff dollars from miles away.

- Police, DSS and EFCC who has been given renewed vigour by PMB and eager to please him by looking for any opportunity to catch anyone catchable. grin

-wayward children, who will steal it to live a high life that may cause their death.

- evil domestic staff, who are ready to behead and strangle anyone even if it's just for one $100 bill

If u guys try anything funny by trying to smuggle the cash out; woe betide anyone Buhari catches. By then, I hope their silly supporters on nairaland will not come and cry 'witch-hunt'

Now it seems i'm beginning to like Emefiele.

Quoted, Liked and Shared.
Spots on.

Only thieves will be scared.

With the CBN cash policy, Why will u have plenty dollars in cash if you are not a money launderer trying to do reintegration.

5 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by jamesharryson(m): 7:58am On Aug 03, 2015
prestigediva1:
Silly talk and bad assertion

You are on your own
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by cabaliciouscabal: 8:01am On Aug 03, 2015
In All, I thank God Almighty that d CBN GOVERNOR was appointed by Jonathan, Methu and d Wailers would av bn saying He is an APC card carry member, All d dollars PDP starched in dia over head tanks in dia various homes will soon turn to ordinary papers.

5 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by BigBen10: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2015
jamesharryson:

You that have learnt, why can't you make some good contributions other than talking trash

lol. If not for time and convenience I would have contributed. Plus I didn't talk trash.

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by 989900: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2015
bayulll01:

Good policy paid 146 to a dollar for online stuff last week,the likes of wailers barcanista and co shld go and die

N146 to $1? Where?

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by ransomed: 8:07am On Aug 03, 2015
jamesharryson:

::--PDP hates the masses. They only need them during election and lord over them thereafter, nothing more. Are you still my brother?

4 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by CHANCEMAN: 8:07am On Aug 03, 2015
The exchange rate drop is an immediate reaction to the new regulation, why not wait to see the end result and effects. Read between the lines, if you block one source, that might affect speculators ,but how about the real businesses that need the forex? They will look for another avenue, like the shift to neighboring countries as postulated by the BDC assoc. president. Remember the modern economy is a global one,we cannot operate in isolation. If Nigerian banks refuse dollar deposits the money will go elsewhere or be converted to other alternatives. The problem we are having is that we attach too much importance to the exchange rate rather than purchasing power of the currency.

1 Like

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by fckmn24seg(m): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2015
Okudiover:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin So Olisa Metuh is now an Economist nde??

It are are.....in zebrudaya's voice

2 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by alt3r3g0: 8:09am On Aug 03, 2015
arm4u:
PDP is very right.
Well, am I surprised?
Do I blame Buhari?
Al I can say is, shame.

If i understand you correctly...I believe electronic transfer is still allowed. Rather than your client paying cash, let them do a transfer to you and you in turn do a transfer to your vendor. Unless of course you belong to those doing cash transactions with 9 million dollars in private jets

8 Likes

Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by jamesharryson(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2015
ransomed:
::--PDP hates the masses. They only need them during election and lord over them thereafter, nothing more. Are you still my brother?

Soon your eyes will be cleared of the APCs juju and u will reason better
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by jamesharryson(m): 8:13am On Aug 03, 2015
BigBen10:

lol. If not for time and convenience I would have contributed. Plus I didn't talk trash.

U did talked trash my dear
Re: War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 03, 2015
What kiind of archaic method is Buhari employing? Haha this is crazy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Tours Anambra's Industrial Sites With Ngige & Governor Obiano (Photos) / Buhari Receives Niger Republic’s Highest Award (Pictures) / The Official People's Democratic Party Presidential Primaries Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.