Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! (4047 Views)

Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Is It Ideal To Use Pos Machine To Collect Tithe And Offering In D Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
So why should I?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by ladyF(f): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Who is forcing u? Na ur money.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Oscar4real(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
google it na bro wink wink wink wink
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by mecuzee(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
You should TO FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Cutehector(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lawd... Some people can be so ignorant... Hw can God giv tithe to himself..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by ojun50(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
Op, are u ok @all
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by achinaboy(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
give to ceaser and give to God, why did Jesus say that

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Esdb3: 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
One it is your money.

Two; Jesus said his disciples were free from fasting just because he was with them. You now expect JESUS to pay tithe?

Three; what does giving to caesar what is caesar's and givng to God what is God's mean.

Four; the Jews were told since the old testament to pay tithe that means they carried the tradition down to even the time of Jesus and for the jews, the commands of God is the law and Christ said I have not come to abolish the law but fulfil it.

Five; Jesus didn't give offerings either.

Last bullet; these things are just to show appreciation to GOD if you keep thinking it is to enrich your pastor stop giving it cause it is wastage. You just have to see it as thanks to God + God said let their be food in my house.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Tallesty1(m): 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cutehector:
Lawd... Some people can be so ignorant... Hw can God giv tithe to himself..
You post stinks of ignorance too.

Why then did he pray if he cannot Tithe because he's God

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Cutehector(m): 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
You post stinks of ignorant too.

Why then did he pray if he cannot thither because he's God?
he prayed because he was human at that time.... All d miracles he performed was granted by d father almighty...
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Tallesty1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cutehector:
he prayed because he was human at that time.... All d miracles he performed was granted by d father almighty...
He could have tithed when he was human

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Cutehector(m): 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
He could have tithed when he was human
tallesty... You don't say... U don't tell your maker what to do and what not to do.. Yu are just dust.. tongue
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Tallesty1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cutehector:
tallesty... You don't say... U don't tell your maker what to do and what not to do.. Yu are just dust.. tongue
Hahaha.

Jesus didn't pay tithe because he's not a scammer.

Simple

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by respect80(m): 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Cutehector(m): 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
Hahaha.

Simple
dnt say what u duno bro.. Let's leave wat can't be comprehended... There was a reason why Jesus asked john to baptize him, there was also a reason why God asked abel and cain to gv to him a tenth of what dey produced... All these hav their own significance... Let's pay attention to that which is of utmost importance... Love for our neighbours, love for God and love for self
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Religion is scam that can never be detected by the authorities because in the mind of the people is where the track is.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by henry255: 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
The instruction says PAY YOUR TITHE. 1/10th.

So WHO ARE YOU to question the scriptures?

You are just mortal being, dieABLE, buryABLE, decayABLE, .

You didn't create urself. GOD DID.

What if he had said 9/10th of your income?

You go fight am? undecided
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
ladyF:
Who is forcing u? Na ur money.
aah dear sister! Tithe was never money. Bless u.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
Hahaha.

Simple
you mean, Jesus did not COLLECT TITHE bc He is not a scammer? So all tithe collectors are scammers?
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
henry255:
The instruction says PAY YOUR TITHE. 1/10th.

So WHO ARE YOU to question the scriptures?

You are just mortal being, dieABLE, buryABLE, decayABLE, .

You didn't create urself. GOD DID.

What if he had said 9/10th of your income?

You go fight am? undecided
do u undastand this scripture? ''being born-again,not of coruptible but of INCORUPTIBE, BY THE WORD OF GOD THAT LIVETH and ABIDETH FOREVER''. Dont worry I was once like u. Pls grow up. Bless u.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by henry255: 2:52am On Aug 04, 2015
christemmbassey:
do u undastand this scripture? ''being born-again,not of coruptible but of INCORUPTIBE, BY THE WORD OF GOD THAT LIVETH and ABIDETH FOREVER''. Dont worry I was once like u. Pls grow up. Bless u.

Are you in ur senses at all?
Who is talkin about being corruptible and incorruptible here?
The scripture was written by man through God's divine inspiration and accordance.

It's content is absolutely not debatable because we are just demi-god on earth created to rule the creature. Assuming God considered immoral sex as the right thing thereby fulfilling scriptures, questions like urs wouldn't have sprung up.
Why I said that is because tithe is pulling sometin from u.

The nature of your inquiry demonstrates you are yet to grasp the true meaning of the tithes as prescribed under the terms of the Law given by God to Moses, known as the old covenant.  Until you hv a solid understanding of the purposes served in the statutes, which were given by the people of Israel to provide financial support for the levitical tribes, you will be chasing for answers to individual verses withot having a solid foundation.

In Malachi 3:8-9 we see dat not paying tithes was considered ROBBING GOD.
Any man who did not PAY TITHES and give offerings was considered a thief in God's eyes, and this is proven by God's own words.

So my friend go and get wider scriptural knowledge before u come and make jest of yourself here.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 04, 2015
henry255:

The scripture was written by man through God's divine inspiration and accordance.

It's content is absolutely not debatable because we are just demi-god on earth created to rule the creature. Assuming God considered immoral sex as the right thing thereby fulfilling scriptures, questions like urs wouldn't have sprung up.

The nature of your inquiry demonstrates you are yet to grasp the true meaning of the tithes as prescribed under the terms of the Law given by God to Moses, known as the old covenant.  Until you hv a solid understanding of the purposes served in the statutes, which were given by the people of Israel to provide financial support for the levitical tribes, you will be chasing for answers to individual verses withot having a solid foundation.

Any man who did not PAY TITHES and give offerings was considered a thief in God's eyes, and this is proven by God's own words.

So my friend go and get wider scriptural knowledge before u come and make jest of yourself here.

Can you briefly tell us how the bible defines tithes, the purpose for tithes, the beneficiaries of tithes and the reason why they are entitled to collect tithes. Kindly back up your answers with clear scriptures. Reading meanings into scripture will not be accepted.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 7:57am On Aug 04, 2015
henry255:

ok bros. B blessed.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 8:01am On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Can you briefly tell us how the bible defines tithes, the purpose for tithes, the beneficiaries of tithes and the reason why they are entitled to collect tithes. Kindly back up your answers with clear scriptures. Reading meanings into scripture will not be accepted.
dont wast ur mb o, this bros na Nepeus im d word of God.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by henry255: 8:31am On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Bros e plenty
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by henry255: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

My brother, the concept of tithing has been far long misconstrued and emphasized to the point that most benefits of untithers are not connected to it but the scripture has commanded us to fill the store house.

The main principle behind tithing and giving is the fact that what we do with our money shows where our heart is. Check Matt 6:21  When we are able to give 10% or more of our income instead of keeping that money for ourselves, it shows that our heart isn't tied to our money and that we love God more than our money.  Mind you, it was never made compulsory but to build the spirit man. If you can pay tax, why can't you pay tithe?

The scripture most frequently referenced regarding the tithe is indeed in the old testament (Mal 3:10-12) abi?, but the tithe is also referenced in the new. In Mat23:23, Jesus talks to the farisees, condemning dem 4 tithing to the penny but neglecting the more important issues of justice, mercy and faith.  He then goes on to tell them that they should in fact tithe, but that they shouldn't neglect the more important things. Jesus recognized the importance of keeping the tithe and we should, too. 

If I still have time I will keep writing but i'm preparing for work.

If you can read 2cor 9: from verse 6, u go see say giving is also associated with tithing. Tithe is a term in biblical kingdom that is connected to spiritual and financial growth.
When you give (tithe) to God, you are reaping bountiful because life is spiritual.

Very few churches today disagree with the tithing concept claiming it's only in the old testament. But in the new, a broader explanation was adopted.
So many tins in the old which was abolished in the new like burnt offering, circumcision etc, in the new, it was still offering, but not burnt.

I don't expect such question to come from the likes of the OP cos I understand he is a member of christ embassy which I am a member too.

Bro, don't be deceived. Don't be one of those that say tithing enriches your pastor becos even in the bible, Jesus christ never lived like a poor man but lived a righteous life.

Goodmorning y'all
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 04, 2015
henry255:

My brother, the concept of tithing has been far long misconstrued and emphasized to the point that most benefits of untithers are not connected to it but the scripture has commanded us to fill the store house.

The main principle behind tithing and giving is the fact that what we do with our money shows where our heart is. Check Matt 6:21  When we are able to give 10% or more of our income instead of keeping that money for ourselves, it shows that our heart isn't tied to our money and that we love God more than our money.  Mind you, it was never made compulsory but to build the spirit man. If you can pay tax, why can't you pay tithe?

The scripture most frequently referenced regarding the tithe is indeed in the old testament (Mal 3:10-12) abi?, but the tithe is also referenced in the new. In Mat23:23, Jesus talks to the farisees, condemning dem 4 tithing to the penny but neglecting the more important issues of justice, mercy and faith.  He then goes on to tell them that they should in fact tithe, but that they shouldn't neglect the more important things. Jesus recognized the importance of keeping the tithe and we should, too. 

If you can read 2cor 9: from verse 6, u go see say giving is also associated with tithing. Tithe is a term in biblical kingdom that is connected to spiritual and financial growth.
When you give (tithe) to God, you are reaping bountiful because life is spiritual.

Very few churches today disagree with the tithing concept claiming it's only in the old testament. But in the new, a broader explanation was adopted.
So many tins in the old which was abolished in the new like burnt offering, circumcision etc, in the new, it was still offering, but not burnt.

I don't expect such question to come from the likes of the OP cos I understand he is a member of christ embassy which I am a member too.

Bro, don't be deceived. Don't be one of those that say tithing enriches your pastor becos even in the bible, Jesus christ never lived like a poor man but lived a righteous life.

Goodmorning y'all

Despite the long epistle you just wrote, you did not even attempt to answer any of the questions I asked? Kindly answer them one by one and quote precise scripture to prove each answer. If you are unable to do this we will have to conclude that your position on tithes is not biblical but just your opinion and that of your church pastor who benefits from it.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 04, 2015
christemmbassey:
So why should I?

Were you there over 2000 years ago?
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2015
ifeness:

Were you there over 2000 years ago?
yes! Next question, pls!!
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 10:19am On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Despite the long epistle you just wrote, you did not even attempt to answer any of the questions I asked? Kindly answer them one by one and quote precise scripture to prove each answer. If you are unable to do this we will have to conclude that your position on tithes is not biblical but just your opinion and that of your church pastor who benefits from it.
expect a dance called ?twist'.
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by christemmbassey(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2015
henry255:

Goodmorning y'all
money is spiritual......? What type of gospel is that? Which book, chapter n verse? Old boi o, no fall CE hand nah!
Re: Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe! by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2015
christemmbassey:
yes! Next question, pls!!

You see how unreasonable you are! You raised a topic without a shred of evidence and you want people to share your ignorance? Silly guy!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And His daughters share Christmas photoshoot. (photo) / Mercy Chinwo The Excess Love Crooner Was Shot Yesterday By Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.