Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked (6099 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / ... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by alsheex(m): 10:15am On Apr 01, 2009
Take heart bros,
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by peeep: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2009
Na wao, take home that hadly take one home has been reduced again. God will do a new thing. He has promised not to abandon His own. You will experience favour of God and favour man. I feell for you but believe that all things happen for good to them that believe. Take care.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by FBS: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2009
The almighty God will see us all through. Say AMEN!.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by favcom(m): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2009
Hmmmm?!!
Thot' it was only in my company where a colleague was asked to leave last week cry
I believe we'll come out of this together STRONGER wink
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by mamae(f): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2009
Na so it be oh! may God deliver us from the situatn of this country, just take heart. God knows the best. NO BE SMALL THING.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by ayomifull(f): 11:23am On Apr 01, 2009
alex406:

This is so serious,that means soon it will spread to all other sectors.I tire for Nigeria ooo.

Do you read world news?
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by oluwdashmi(f): 11:58am On Apr 01, 2009
ayomifull:

Do you read world news?

Right question!

Some of them talk as if Nigeria is even facing the crunch like other parts of the world.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by joshO: 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2009
Being faced with a paycut is never good news, let alone loosing one's job.

But guys, let's put all this in perspective. I had to keep going back to the original post to make certain that it wasn't a life that was lost. In my neck of the woods, job loses are not only normal, but expected. The global
economy is shrinking and Naij is not immune.

Someone even reported that one colleague recently lost a job!!.  WOW, big news. Job security in Naij must be
a given.

I work in a global brand investment bank here, and 40% (and rising) of my colleagues have been shown the door in the past few months (Including directors and executive directors).

Keep your faith mate. For those who trust in the Lord, dissapointment like this ALWAYS turns out to be a blessing.

You'll be reporting on this forum soon how you either found a BETTER job (which you would have had neither
the courage nor motivation to seek earlier) or how you've moved on to bigger,  better and more fruitfull things.

The Lord must always be your strength.

Josh O -  cool
Lord Mayor of the Square Mile.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by yemmight(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2009
Dear All,

Thanks so much for all your comments. I pray that none of you will fall in my present situation but God on my side I am believing strongly that I will fixed up soonest.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by VirtuousA(f): 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2009
Sorry dear, that's sad! Well all u need to do is take the wise advise here and stay ever positive, Pray and ask for God's direction, he will surely open great doors for you.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by kokoye(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
yemo777:

Take heart my brother, do you have some savings? because I have come to realise that as a man you must have at least 18 months savings in a zero risk saving deposit before you can really call yourself a man. This means that you can carry on with your normal life for 18 months without working.

I encourage you brother, that you shall surely overcome, after rain comes shine, after night comes day. THE LORD will come through for you very, very soon - Amen.

18months savings?? I wish it were that easy.

Most families in the U.S will start crumbling after 3 - 4 months of NO income.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by yemmight(m): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2009
Kharis,

Thanks so much. Kindly send your e:maill add to o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk to enable send you my CV. Thanks for your support and God bless.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by crownroyal(m): 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2009
really sorry bros. maybe its time for u to be on ur own. just look around am sure u ll find something to do. take charge
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by gReenmAn(m): 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2009
Sorry to hear this brother.

But believe; when one door is closed many more will open. Just keep your head high and above ground, no matter what. Be strong and you'll outlast the tough times.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by StanP(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2009
If sorry can be monetized, u shd be a in millions now with all d sorry u hav gotten, but thatz not to be.
Rather brace up man, look inwards and you will find that perhaps this is the best thing that ever happened to you. You will survive definitely bro,just keep your head up and never give up,
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by bigben3: 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2009
Sorry poster,the downfall of a man is not the end of his life.You must be positive and definetely He will make a way for you.Cheers
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by saturnjay(m): 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2009
sorry dude, it is a pity, i resigned in my compny on my own since February, and up till now they have not paid my former colleagues salary, after they might sack some of them, I think it is high time we think of something to do on our own
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2009
ask for a bailout.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by tflow: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2009
i'm sorry to hear that, but life goes on dude. keep ya head up
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by DKNYtruth(m): 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2009
QUOTE: “Sorry to hear that, man.
Which sector of the economy might that be? Is it the banking or financial sector by any chance?
Peace”.

REPLY: hmmm, Is Banking in Home-Economics Sector then? LOL,

“AM REALLY SORRY ABOUT THE INCIDENT, IF YOU HAVE GOOD QUALIFICATION, YOU CAN TRY GO OUT OF THE COUNTRY FOR GREENER PASTURES, WHAT ABOUT THAT,
JUST KEEP PRAYING TO BABA GOD, NA ONLY HIM FIT HELP AND DIRECT YOU,

JAH BLESS”

REPLY: For record purpose, this is global economic crisis/meltdown, read the news well please, do you think they throw money at you when you get to any of the airport abroad? lol, it's when someone changes the small foreign currency they have into naira that you think its cool there; make dem give you visa for one month,
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by studio43(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2009
sorry to hear that, GOD would give u another opportunity
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by GoldCircle: 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2009
Oghene bikoor! shocked shocked!!so this thing don reach Nigeria true true?? I dey go Ota farm at once! Baba must do something!

But really,
I sympathize with you poster & sincerely wish you the best!
Cheer up!
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by Toks2008(m): 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2009
Hi,

As far as i am concerned, all things work together for good for they that love GOD and are called according to his purpose.

That just-over-broke(job) was taken away from you to usher you into a new horizon. You only need to look inward and bring out the creative ability in you. Yes i know that the country economy situation is indeed very unfriendly to intending enterprenures but you can still make it.

I left the university 11years ago and i have never known how it feels to be an employee. Though it was very difficult at first but today i am better off making my steady 6figure monthly without saying yes ma/sir or nursing the fear that my job will one day be taken away from me.

No think am bros. You can hook me up and i will give you free business consultancy service on the type of business you can do to make consistent money i.e Ice Block selling business will fetch you an average of 4k daily with a cheap ice block making machine and a diesel/water low cost gen. You may also start hotel contracts like supplying little things hotels need and you make good profits. Things like wines,toileteries, food stuffs, and so much more. A beg forget these job wahala.

Stay blessed.

Toks
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by spine: 12:11am On Apr 02, 2009
All i'd say is your situation is far from the worst,
get up ,dust yourself and move on,
Assume you had a flat tyre and you need to get back on the road,
retain yourself confidence'you'll need it, avoid getting disgruntled and just keep your head up.
you'll have course to look back and be thankful to God.
times like this you'll know hes the one you can really count on
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by mrlizo: 2:42am On Apr 02, 2009
check out; www.web20millions.com/id/wealthcreation, for all those who the global meltdown has affected
wealthcreation40@yahoo.com
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by Bolddy(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2009
Global Meltdown: I Know for sure that God is aware,
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by ud4u: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2009
It is a pity dear, just take heart God will make a way when it seems as if the world is coming to an end for you.

Just believe in God and He will turn your situation around for better.
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by ayobase(m): 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2009
hope u are still intact!!
Re: Global Meltdown: I Have Just Been Sacked by oludimuni: 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2009
My brother please learn to create money,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Ways To Love A Job You Hate / On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? / Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.