Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student (13661 Views)

Nigerian Student Laments As Her Sexual Harasser Becomes Her Project Supervisor / Nigerian Student Attempts Suicide In U.K As NDDC Backs Down On Scholarship / Udom Celebrates Best Nigerian Student In Imperial College, London (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by clefstone(m): 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
E
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by nawtikid(m): 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
Issorite
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by ajahexcel(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
I advise all Students to Bookmark the Biggest Website on Scholarship in Nigeria

ie [size=15pt]WWW . NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS . COM [/size]
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by chynergy1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
i was a beneficiary of a foreign scholarship.
it boosted my prestige, also i had fare and hostel reductions.
proud for once of being a nigerian.........though proudly belong to the 5%.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by kings09(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
fattbabakay:
d tin rili pain u oo. But sory, its jst d reality in 9ja.
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Bazinga(m): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
EduRegard:

Scholarships have unique effects and benefits and are the most desirable form of financial aid to Nigerian students, both undergraduates and postgraduates. Some are merit-based while some are awarded as recognition for certain achievements. Like grants, scholarships are not repaid coupled with the fact that scholarships are more prestigious and can enhance your purchasing power as well as help you pay for your education.

Enough introduction, here are some of the ways scholarships help Nigerian students :

Financially : Scholarship aids is one of the means of making extra income as a student. This is the most known and preferred benefit of scholarships. Having known that Nigerian tertiary institutions have now widened their pocket, leading to a somewhat outrageous billing in terms of school fees and others. Getting a scholarship might help students beat the odds without worries.

Educationally : By reducing financial worries or concerns, scholarships can also provide more time for studying and learning, which will invariably lead to better grades and sharp retention ability. You don’t expect an hungry man to concentrate while reading do you?

Career Benefit : Earning a recognised and prestigious or merit-based scholarship can actually boost your career as it will make you a more attractive job candidate. Employers who understand the competitive nature of the scholarship will recognize it as an accomplishment by you and consider you ahead of other applicants.

Personal Benefit : Earning a scholarship will make a big difference in your personal life. You tend to move with bigger and better set of people. And so far the money is there, you tend to have your personal properties, assets, so to say.

Boost Your Dignity : Having known the competitive nature of the scholarship you got, people will look at you with respectful eyes. They will tend to chill around you and with this, you tend to have friends.

Kindly drop your views by commenting...

SOURCE : http://www.eduregard.com/how-scholarships-can-help-you-as-a-nigerian-student/
I agree wit the last point about boosting ur dignity. Wen people knw I was on both Exxon mobil and Total scholarships, they just accord me maximum respect and the ladies just love me without much effort from me. Am still enjoyin such treatment even after graduating. Am currently Serving and d story is d same, maximum respect and lots of love from pretty babes. #ScholarshipRocks

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ofcourse we know what a scholarship can do for us. Who doesn't?

What about an article listing scholarship schemes and how to go about it. undecided

Cos I've never heard of any in Nigeria apart from the Niger Delta scholarship scheme for Niger Deltans.
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bazinga:

I agree wit the last point about boosting ur dignity. Wen people knw I was on both Exxon mobil and Total scholarships, they just accord me maximum respect and the ladies just love me without much effort from me. Am still enjoyin such treatment even after graduating. Am currently Serving and d story is d same, maximum respect and lots of love from pretty babes. #ScholarshipRocks

This your lie tie wrapper come wear cover shoe on top.
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by kodlins(f): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Schorlaship is a thing I've been dreaming of getting. But,I don't know how to go about it.

By Gods grace and fates of those that have gotten one would give me one(scholar). Amensmiley

Depends on your course of study and level in university.

While I was in school, I always got notices of those scholarships and people felt we were waiting money applying.. fast forward tears after leaving school, we all that got scholarships are in big reputable firms

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by vislabraye(m): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
EduRegard:

Scholarships have unique effects and benefits and are the most desirable form of financial aid to Nigerian students, both undergraduates and postgraduates. Some are merit-based while some are awarded as recognition for certain achievements. Like grants, scholarships are not repaid coupled with the fact that scholarships are more prestigious and can enhance your purchasing power as well as help you pay for your education.

Enough introduction, here are some of the ways scholarships help Nigerian students :

Financially : Scholarship aids is one of the means of making extra income as a student. This is the most known and preferred benefit of scholarships. Having known that Nigerian tertiary institutions have now widened their pocket, leading to a somewhat outrageous billing in terms of school fees and others. Getting a scholarship might help students beat the odds without worries.

Educationally : By reducing financial worries or concerns, scholarships can also provide more time for studying and learning, which will invariably lead to better grades and sharp retention ability. You don’t expect an hungry man to concentrate while reading do you?

Career Benefit : Earning a recognised and prestigious or merit-based scholarship can actually boost your career as it will make you a more attractive job candidate. Employers who understand the competitive nature of the scholarship will recognize it as an accomplishment by you and consider you ahead of other applicants.

Personal Benefit : Earning a scholarship will make a big difference in your personal life. You tend to move with bigger and better set of people. And so far the money is there, you tend to have your personal properties, assets, so to say.

Boost Your Dignity : Having known the competitive nature of the scholarship you got, people will look at you with respectful eyes. They will tend to chill around you and with this, you tend to have friends.

Kindly drop your views by commenting...

SOURCE : http://www.eduregard.com/how-scholarships-can-help-you-as-a-nigerian-student/

Everyone knows the benefits of scholarships but how toget one is the problem
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Feranmicharles(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
kodlins:

Depends on your course of study and level in university.

While I was in school, I always got notices of those scholarships and people felt we were waiting money applying.. fast forward tears after leaving school, we all that got scholarships are in big reputable firms
pls sir. Can I get one from you? I mean scholar(angry) God go bless you
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Bazinga(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
Joavid:

This your lie tie wrapper come wear cover shoe on top.

Just because good news like this doesn't happen in ur life and dat of ur family doesn't mean it doesn't happen to oda people. If u need proof of my award letters just say the word. Lying isn't one of my strong suites
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Princephelar(m): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
https://instagram.com/p/54WLSCJcwy/

Pls like dis video on my instagram page and tag your friends to like it too
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bazinga:

Just because good news like this doesn't happen in ur life and dat of ur family doesn't mean it doesn't happen to oda people. If u need proof of my award letters just say the word. Lying isn't one of my strong suites

Lol. Ermm, getting a scholarship is good news to a person/family who can't afford the cost in the first place.

so if 'scholarships' is not happening in my family, that's great news and we thank God for that.
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by corperscorner: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bazinga:

You are very rude.....get some manners pls.
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by corperscorner: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Joavid:

Lol. Ermm, getting a scholarship is good news to a person/family who can't afford the cost in the first place.

so if 'scholarships' is not happening in my family, that's great news and we thank God for that.

I like your humble response....keep it up and don't lose your cool.

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by engrshakespeare: 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
kings09:
all diz tinz u hv metioned, we know dem alredy. We all know in Nig, schorlarships doesn't go to d less-priviledged even if u r so talented. Its a mata of who u know. So if u wld like 2 say anythn new, post sources n sites of scholarships dat done on merit basis. Even I wld appreciate dat. Nothing simply works on merit in dis crazy country.

On the contrary, scholarship to foreign schools is still on merit. Two members of my family re currently enjoying scholarships, I am on one in China, my brother is on one in America nd believe me we got it on merit. Theres still hope in the world, u need to be optimistic enough to see it.
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by muredo(m): 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
ideatoprince18:
please can anyone post a credible scholarship website

Scholarship. position. com
Advance Africa
Scholarship4development
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by muredo(m): 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Scholarship outside Nigeria is the best
Try and apply,these scholarships are not biased, if you qualified, you will be selected.
They don't want to know you or where you came from,they always after the documents you submitted to them.
To be sincere,scholarship is sweet my people,you will live like a king
If your social life is moderate,you can save enough money that if you reach Nigeria, you don't need government job
That is fact!!!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by YoowPeeRochas(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Schorlaship is a thing I've been dreaming of getting. But,I don't know how to go about it. Amen to that. I am a prospective student to UNIBEN for LAW and I pray God Almighty that I get a scholarship for the program; even if tuition only!

By Gods grace and fates of those that have gotten one would give me one(scholar). Amensmiley
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Feranmicharles(m): 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
YoowPeeRochas:
amen to that
thanks mansmiley
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by goodychet: 10:52am On Aug 05, 2015
how do i get get it
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by goodychet: 10:59am On Aug 05, 2015
Princephelar:
https://instagram.com/p/54WLSCJcwy/

Pls like dis video on my instagram page and tag your friends to like it too
ok
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by tammie24: 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
MistaHumble:
I have only ssce... And am already above 30... School self no dey my head again. As no employment for ssce holder I became a trader. Maybe I will sponsor myself later in life.
And your English is better than some PhD holders
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by MistaHumble(m): 1:42am On Aug 07, 2015
tammie24:

And your English is better than some PhD holders

My sec sch wasnt bad sha b4 things got rough but dat didn't mean I shudnt mingle, so I did that a lot and also with my friends from sec sch who went to uni...

Everything in life na GOD WIN

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by EduRegard: 4:29am On Feb 20, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals / Sanwo-Olu Floats Autonomous Financing Channel For Lagos Tertiary Schools / Photos From MTN Tour In LASU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.