Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student (13666 Views)

Nigerian Student Laments As Her Sexual Harasser Becomes Her Project Supervisor / Nigerian Student Attempts Suicide In U.K As NDDC Backs Down On Scholarship / Udom Celebrates Best Nigerian Student In Imperial College, London (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by EduRegard: 1:50am On Aug 04, 2015

Scholarships have unique effects and benefits and are the most desirable form of financial aid to Nigerian students, both undergraduates and postgraduates. Some are merit-based while some are awarded as recognition for certain achievements. Like grants, scholarships are not repaid coupled with the fact that scholarships are more prestigious and can enhance your purchasing power as well as help you pay for your education.

Enough introduction, here are some of the ways scholarships help Nigerian students :

Financially : Scholarship aids is one of the means of making extra income as a student. This is the most known and preferred benefit of scholarships. Having known that Nigerian tertiary institutions have now widened their pocket, leading to a somewhat outrageous billing in terms of school fees and others. Getting a scholarship might help students beat the odds without worries.

Educationally : By reducing financial worries or concerns, scholarships can also provide more time for studying and learning, which will invariably lead to better grades and sharp retention ability. You don’t expect an hungry man to concentrate while reading do you?

Practise Scholarship Aptitude Tests

Career Benefit : Earning a recognised and prestigious or merit-based scholarship can actually boost your career as it will make you a more attractive job candidate. Employers who understand the competitive nature of the scholarship will recognize it as an accomplishment by you and consider you ahead of other applicants.

Personal Benefit : Earning a scholarship will make a big difference in your personal life. You tend to move with bigger and better set of people. And so far the money is there, you tend to have your personal properties, assets, so to say.

Boost Your Dignity : Having known the competitive nature of the scholarship you got, people will look at you with respectful eyes. They will tend to chill around you and with this, you tend to have friends.

Kindly drop your views by commenting...

SOURCE : http://www.eduregard.com.ng/how-scholarships-can-help-you-as-a-nigerian-student/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Feranmicharles(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2015
Schorlaship is a thing I've been dreaming of getting. But,I don't know how to go about it.

By Gods grace and fates of those that have gotten one would give me one(scholar). Amensmiley

4 Likes

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Feranmicharles(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Jamexjulius:
J
see your lifeembarassed

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Modified: ehyah,guy sorryembarassed God bless dat mod wey remove dis guys postgrin

E no easy to become FTC and STC in one topic grin

#ShesFeelinTheNigga cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by bro4u: 11:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Nigeria where everything is all about who you know, to get admission; who you know, to get loan; who you know, to get scholarship; who you know, for pilgrimage; who you know, even to die sef; who you know.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Georgekyrian(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by akpanikpe(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Hmmm, sure it does, but does that happens in my country Nigeria?
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by naijainfogalery: 11:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Unfortunately most bodies in Nigeria dont even give scholarships . Eg the missionary school where they are supposed to offer free scholarships to lets say the best 50 or 100 students are even the ones that charges the highest money
Big organisation that has made so much money in Nigeria that are supposed to give back dont even give back to the country
And the few ones that actually give, the people in charge just push it to their relatives who are not even qualified to have gotten it in the first place making the qualified ones waste.

Whats freaking wrong with this country, everyone keep pointing accusing fingers on the politicians when everyone is actually corrupt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by vickie1900(f): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2015
We hear
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by adonbilivit: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2015
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by gameboi: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by VickyRotex(f): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Yea right!

Also, scholarship ain't only for the less privileged. It's an all round privilege that anyone can enjoy cool

But I have some people who had various scholarships, e.g. the popular France IFP scholarships, and yet they're jobless and unrecognized.

I think it's more of a two-sided coin though

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by omooba969(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2015
Ok
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2015
Noted.
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by MistaHumble(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2015
I have only ssce... And am already above 30... School self no dey my head again. As no employment for ssce holder I became a trader. Maybe I will sponsor myself later in life.

6 Likes

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by ideatoprince18(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2015
please can anyone post a credible scholarship website
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by emmyw(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2015
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Brown1759: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2015
One big advantage for students from Niger Delta in those Days

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by swhiss: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2015
It also helps u to get the attention of those babes that where doing shakara for you grin
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Rick9(m): 11:58am On Aug 04, 2015
bro4u:
Nigeria where everything is all about who you know, to get admission; who you know, to get loan; who you know, to get scholarship; who you know, for pilgrimage; who you know, even to die sef; who you know.

grin grin grin Ahahahahah This got me cracking up
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by joystickextendr: 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
yea..but nt easy to get
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Emmaesty(f): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Is there any scholarship for Mba? I would like to have an Mba after graduation but it's quite expensive
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by NotNairalandi(m): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
That's good!
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
money is education and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by willian10: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ok
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by bluewles33: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
Abeg wey dem dey sell am
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by kings09(m): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
EduRegard:

Scholarships have unique effects and benefits and are the most desirable form of financial aid to Nigerian students, both undergraduates and postgraduates. Some are merit-based while some are awarded as recognition for certain achievements. Like grants, scholarships are not repaid coupled with the fact that scholarships are more prestigious and can enhance your purchasing power as well as help you pay for your education.

Enough introduction, here are some of the ways scholarships help Nigerian students :

Financially : Scholarship aids is one of the means of making extra income as a student. This is the most known and preferred benefit of scholarships. Having known that Nigerian tertiary institutions have now widened their pocket, leading to a somewhat outrageous billing in terms of school fees and others. Getting a scholarship might help students beat the odds without worries.

Educationally : By reducing financial worries or concerns, scholarships can also provide more time for studying and learning, which will invariably lead to better grades and sharp retention ability. You don’t expect an hungry man to concentrate while reading do you?

Career Benefit : Earning a recognised and prestigious or merit-based scholarship can actually boost your career as it will make you a more attractive job candidate. Employers who understand the competitive nature of the scholarship will recognize it as an accomplishment by you and consider you ahead of other applicants.

Personal Benefit : Earning a scholarship will make a big difference in your personal life. You tend to move with bigger and better set of people. And so far the money is there, you tend to have your personal properties, assets, so to say.

Boost Your Dignity : Having known the competitive nature of the scholarship you got, people will look at you with respectful eyes. They will tend to chill around you and with this, you tend to have friends.

Kindly drop your views by commenting...

SOURCE : http://www.eduregard.com/how-scholarships-can-help-you-as-a-nigerian-student/
all diz tinz u hv metioned, we know dem alredy. We all know in Nig, schorlarships doesn't go to d less-priviledged even if u r so talented. Its a mata of who u know. So if u wld like 2 say anythn new, post sources n sites of scholarships dat done on merit basis. Even I wld appreciate dat. Nothing simply works on merit in dis crazy country.

1 Like

Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by Cutehector(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
I want scholarship to go to paris
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by fattbabakay(m): 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
Oshey
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by felsunseg(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
oshe
Re: How Scholarships Can Help You As A Nigerian Student by fattbabakay(m): 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
kings09:
[s] all diz tinz u hv metioned, we know dem alredy. We all know in Nig, schorlarships doesn't go to d less-priviledged even if u r so talented. Its a mata of who u know. So if u wld like 2 say anythn new, post sources n sites of scholarships dat done on merit basis. Even I wld appreciate dat. Nothing simply works on merit in dis crazy country[/s].

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Team Representing Nigeria Wins World Schools Debate Competition / Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism / Does Original NECO Certificate Bear The Candidate's Date Of Birth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.