Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC (1107 Views)

See Infographic Of What Recovered $9.8m From Former GMD NNPC Yakubu Can Do / NNPC: Why Kachikwu Was Removed As GMD / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by makzeze: 11:51am On Aug 04, 2015
THE WILL has an exclusive report which claims that President Muhammadu Buhari will soon announce a new boss for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Barring any last minute changes, President Muhammadu Buhari will appoint Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, the Executive Vice Chairman of ExxonMobil Africa as the new Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Sources familiar with the development, who asked not be named because they are not authorized to speak on the matter, told THEWILL that President Buhari met with Dr. Kachikwu on Monday night to finalise talks on his vision for the state owned corporation, which has been enmeshed in allegations of corruption and dubious accounting practices.

“Dr. Kachikwu will be announced anytime from today,” an often reliable source told THEWILL.

The appointment according to insiders is one of the many to come in the President’s bid to rid the NNPC of corruption.

source: http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/the-will-buhari-to-appoint-exxonmobil-vice-chairman-kachikwu-as-gmd-nnpc.115470/
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by Katastrofy: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2015
nice
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by ademusiwa5: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2015
Babu
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by IYADARA(f): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
wink
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by McKren(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
story story

I am sure when the appointment is confirmened we will hear that the new GMD is some Abubakar something

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by NwaNimo1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
Poison chalice . . . . i wouldn't take the role if I was him!
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by x9ja1960: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
ok...nigerianbulletin reporting grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Kachukwu me ...

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
Kachukwu me ...literally meaning that "let the will of God be done".

Yes. This government seems to be attracting the best for the job. grin

Unlike hiring an office assistant in Shell to head NNPC as minister, Jonathan sef. embarassed

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by Mogidi: 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by franchizy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
I hope this will put a smile of the faces of some people from a particular tribe.
They won't say again is a government of the Northerners by the Northerners and for the Northerners.
Nigeria will remain one and a united nation.
Igbo kwenu
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by mrborntodoit: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
^ ^

The slow poke above was breast fed for only 9mins during his infancy .

Meanwhile, Buhari should tell us his next destination angry
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by franchizy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
Keneking:
Kachukwu me ...literally meaning that "let the will of God be done".

Yes. This government seems to be attracting the best for the job. grin

Unlike hiring an office assistant in Shell to head NNPC as minister, Jonathan sef. embarassed

Sai Buhari

You are wrong. Allison Maduekwe rose to the position Director, Cooperate Affairs in SHELL before becoming a minister.
She took over from now Late Mr C.O.P. Nwachukwu.
Check your facts well before you quote.
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
We strongly reject any appointments in every ramification. Any Igbo accepting any Federal appointment is strictly doing that based on himself or herself. Maybe that person willingly wants to work for Nigeria. Its not a bad idea. But if that person is collecting any appointment based on appeasing Biafra or the Igbo nation, that person is strictly on his or her own. We don't want any appointments. We roll bigger than that.

BIAFRA IS IN THE PIPELINE! BIAFRA IS THE BIGGER DREAM!
Re: Buhari To Appoint Exxonmobil Vice Chairman, Kachikwu As GMD NNPC by Nnemuka(f): 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
The next in line will surely emerge. This time around he will be seconds older than the kachikwu...
Btw

(1) (Reply)

LIVE Akwa Ibom Tribunal Update / Igbo Red Cap Chiefs Under Fire / Finally, I Present To You The Ministerial List!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.