Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? (1664 Views)

Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics / Fani-Kayode Blasts Kerry: "Your Statement To Sultan Is Garbage" / America And The West: Source Of World Filth And Evil: The Rise Of Sodom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by modele2: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
I really dont know where to complain about this.

The garden city is being over run by dirt. Major streets like Stadium road, Ada george, NTA road, Elekhia road...which used to be well maintained and clean high profile roads are now in an absolute sorry state. They have not been swept for months.

Please responsible authourities should urgently act to save our city from its degenerate state.

Pics below are from the almighty Stadium and Elekhaia roads.

Mods kindly move to front page

Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by EdCure: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
What do you expect? A thug is now your governor!

7 Likes

Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by Kuraino: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
I trust the goverment of wike to deal with this issue ASAP
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by drey076(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
Nawa o angry
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by abagoro(m): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
It has improved compared with last month. Wike is gradually buckling up but Amaechi's shoes are quite big. I noticed a new traffic control outfit today. Hopefully they won't go thuggy like TIMARIV.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by doctokwus: 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Op,just by mere looking at Wike and d way he talks,not minding his antecedents and actions in govt thus far,does he look like somebody with the capacity to govern a local govt talkless a state?
U people will have to live with d refuse and all other sordid things till the tribunal kicks him out of office;that's just d sad reality.

5 Likes

Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by deadZONE: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
WIKE is still cleaning up the
mess that thief left,
you should have come to ph some months bac
we use to walk and drive ontop of garbage
Good work WIKE.. Ministry of works and environment
please seat up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by deadZONE: 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
doctokwus:
Op,just by mere looking at Wike and d way he talks,not minding his antecedents and actions in govt thus far,does he look like somebody with the capacity to govern a local govt talkless a state?
U people will have to live with d refuse and all other sordid things till the tribunal kicks him out of office;that's just d sad reality.
Its a F00l like u that trows garbage on the road when the dumpstar is infront of you... its wike a garbage man? this is the work for the ministry of works nd environment, i guess ur not educated to know all that... olosho

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by engrsyer(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
Op, u need to ask Ex Gov. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi on that before hand over.
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by Ezenwammadu(m): 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
Call wike on the phone before tomorrow his truck will move those rubbish away cool
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by Bibidear(f): 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jeez,this is serious
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by doctokwus: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
deadZONE:
Its a F00l like u that trows garbage on the road when the dumpstar is infront of you... its wike a garbage man? this is the work for the ministry of works nd environment, i guess ur not educated to know all that... olosho
Was Amaechi a garbage man;the governors where refuse don't loiter d streets,despite people dumping them on d road as u claim;are they garbage men.They succeeded because they planned on providing needed facilities for proper refuse disposal with appropriate manpower.
Wike is a tout that can't properly govern a coucil.His whole idea of govt positions of authority is to loot,loot and loot by any means possible.
U should be praying everyday that the tribunal boots Wike out of that office;unless you are also a tout like him in which case I would understand why your whole existence depends on his remaining in a seat he has no mental capacity to handle

2 Likes

Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by otokx(m): 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
Your own is good, in ALUU/UNIPORT area the company responsible for evacuation push the garbage into the gutter then pack whatever cannot enter because the gutter is full. There has to be a definitive and direct approach to sanitation in Rivers State, the local councils have to be at the forefront.
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by modele2: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2015
otokx:
Your own is good, in ALUU/UNIPORT area the company responsible for evacuation push the garbage into the gutter then pack whatever cannot enter because the gutter is full. There has to be a definitive and direct approach to sanitation in Rivers State, the local councils have to be at the forefront.

Oh dear!!
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by 7lives: 8:54am On Aug 05, 2015
abagoro:
It has improved compared with last month. Wike is gradually buckling up but Amaechi's shoes are quite big. I noticed a new traffic control outfit today. Hopefully they won't go thuggy like TIMARIV.

Na war o.
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by Chiaka(f): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2015
Stupid post! these pics was snapped just after Wikes swearing in, Ameachi did not pay sanitation people owing them some month pay what do you expect so they left the whole place dirty. Since Wike Stepped in he has been clearing off the mess by Ameachi. Haters keep off Rivers State.
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by 2dillu2(m): 9:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Wike is trying to turn PH into Abia lol angry truckpusher taylor60
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by Truckpusher(m): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2015
2dillu2:
Wike is trying to turn PH into Abia lol angry truckpusher taylor60
Actually most of the contractors that Amaechi have refused to pay when he went on his roller coaster journey of personal interest abandoning his primary responsibilities to the Rivers people have not returned to work while some of them have and of course the new administration has already collected applications from fresh contractors which would be processed and their po's released in September and we will begin to see the garden city the way it has always been.
This is one of the reasons why outgoing Governments should be forced to do a proper handover and not absconding to Abuja while you're suppose to be handing over in your primary constituency . The garbage around PHC today is a stark reminder that Amaechi's fight was a personal fight of interest and not as he was trying to paint it . After all if you're fighting for a people and you notice that your fight is affecting them negatively - common sense demands that you stop fighting .
By September the city will smile again - I hope that Wike will learn from this too in 2019.

NB: most of these pictures were taken during the heat of the campaign.
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by 2dillu2(m): 10:02am On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Actually most of the contractors that Amaechi have refused to pay when he went on his roller coaster journey of personal interest abandoning his primary responsibilities to the Rivers people have not returned to work while some of them have and of course the new administration has already collected applications from fresh contractors which would be processed and their po's released in September and we will begin to see the garden city the way it has always been.
This is one of the reasons why outgoing Governments should be forced to do a proper handover and not absconding to Abuja while you're suppose to be handing over in your primary constituency . The garbage around PHC today is a stark reminder that Amaechi's fight was a personal fight of interest and not as he was trying to paint it . After all if you're fighting for a people and you notice that your fight is affecting them negatively - common sense demands that you stop fighting .
By September the city will smile again - I hope that Wike will learn from this too in 2019.

noted lipsrsealed
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by abagoro(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:

In as much as I concur with you on the handover part, I can never join in anything falsehood. I opened a thread earlier on when Port Harcourt was already worse than Aba but it has improved now as Wike is buckling up. You do not have to drag Amaechi into this or lie that the pictures were taken long ago. We are all Rivers people and I can as well go out to the various dumps to snap pictures as it is right now.

However I give Wike credit for the gradual improvement in both traffic control and sanitation.I believe by September he will be fully on ground.
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by Truckpusher(m): 10:59am On Aug 05, 2015
abagoro:

In as much as I concur with you on the handover part, I can never join in anything falsehood. I opened a thread earlier on when Port Harcourt was already worse than Aba but it has improved now as Wike is buckling up. You do not have to drag Amaechi into this or lie that the pictures were taken long ago. We are all Rivers people and I can as well go out to the various dumps to snap pictures as it is right now.

However I give Wike credit for the gradual improvement in both traffic control and sanitation.I believe by September he will be fully on ground.
Aren't we saying the same thing? Amaechi can't be totally exonerated from that sanitation issue unless you're telling me that dirts started showing up the moment Wike took over .
Bro , I understand your support for Amaechi and as a Rivers man I do wish to see a virile opposition in Rivers State all thanks to Amaechi we must give it to him because for the long term Governance won't be business as usual but we must consistently point out evil at all times because at the end of the day it is you and people like me that will bear the brunt of it all should they fail to perfom their primary duties.
Once again # Respect.
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by edwife(f): 11:12am On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Aren't we saying the same thing? Amaechi can't be totally exonerated from that sanitation issue unless you're telling me that dirts started showing up the moment Wike took over .
Bro , I understand your support for Amaechi and as a Rivers man I do wish to see a virile opposition in Rivers State all thanks to Amaechi we must give it to him because for the long term Governance won't be business as usual but we must consistently point out evil at all times because at the end of the day it is you and people like me that will bear the brunt of it all should they fail to perfom their primary duties.
Once again # Respect.

Go clean the streets and stop complaining. cool

I hope the front of your house is clean..... tongue
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by Truckpusher(m): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2015
edwife:

Go clean the streets and stop complaining. cool

I hope the front of your house is clean..... tongue
Madam, look who we have here grin Well, where I stay is pretty clean, we manage our waste by ourselves until you drive to some certain quarters inhabited by half men half animals then you can destroy your sight. angry

The citizens too are a big problem - They give them sanitation bags for free but some of them won't just use it properly but the bucks ends with the Government and they are really trying sha but by September there would be a massive campaign to get those waste off the streets.

How is the family?
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by edwife(f): 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Madam, look who we have here grin Well, where I stay is pretty clean, we manage our waste by ourselves until you drive to some certain quarters inhabited by half men half animals then you can destroy your sight. angry

The citizens too are a big problem - They give them sanitation bags for free but some of them won't just use it properly but the bucks ends with the Government and they are really trying sha but by September there would be a massive campaign to get those waste off the streets.

How is the family?

Doing great thanks....

Yea,the citizens are always a big problem in Nigeria.They need reorientation and education.

It takes nothing to clean where you live,if they can organize themselves without even waiting for the government it will be a huge change.After all it's the people that live there and not the government.

I hope you guys have sanitation day....
Re: Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? by modele2: 11:33am On Aug 07, 2015
Truckpusher:

No sir. Those pictures were taken the day I posted. People were complaining at the office and we decided to act instead of complaining. On way to lunch one of us took the pictures.

I am thankful that it is just a handover problem and you seem to be so sure about how and when it would be solved, your confidence makes me glad.

By the way, We noticed this morning that workers have been deployed to Stadium road. One abandoned truck was removed and they were even scraping the heaps of sand at the side of the road. Great progress. Thanks to every one who has contributed to this thread, i have a feeling that this might have triggered the mobilization.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Terrible Situation In Burkina Faso. Military Takes Over Power. Many Dead / NNPC Monthly Report: Detailed Review And Opinion / Buhari Collected $300,000 Compensation From Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.