Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate (46977 Views)

The Man Behind Naira Appreciation- Mr Babatunde Gbadamosi, A Lagos Businessman / Naira Appreciation: Osinbajo Needs To Teach Buhari His Magic / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Is the value of the Naira really appreciating in the real sense or the CBN and the FG are playing pranks on Nigerians? Why are commodities still high in the market?

Ideal Situation
Ideally, customers operating domiciliary accounts will go to the banks, deposit their dollar and through that account they do whatever transaction that they deem necessary. The Banks inturn will take the dollars(and other foreign currencies) to the CBN.

The Buhari/Emefiele Situation
1. The CBN has stopped receiving dollars from banks, as a result the banks has stopped accepting dollars at the counter because their vaults are full.

2. Because of the restriction at 1(above) the demand for dollar reduces in the BDC. The BDCs seek every means to trade the currency including reducing the cost at the black market. The CBN will go to the press to scream "NAIRA IS APPRECIATING."

3. As a result of 1(above) the banks also refuse to request dollars from the CBN's foreign exchange reserve. The CBN will then come out to scream "RESERVE IS GROWING".

Is that the best way to manage the naira?

Salient Question and Effects:
1. What happens to a businessmen with domiciliary account seeking to deposit dollars and transfer to their partners abroad after buying the dollar from BDC or Bank?

2. The bank's refusal to accept dollar deposit means business transaction on that will be halted. Because no domiciliary account holder will be willing to withdraw from his account when he knows that he won't be able to make further deposit due to the CBN's policy except if his intention is solely for converting the dollar to naira for local transaction.

3. Instead of doing transactions from domiciliary account, businessmen will be left with no choice but to operate domiciliary account in neighbouring countries where they will be making transactions or resort to wiring money via Western Union in neighboring country.

4. As a result of 3(above) the cost of commodities will go UP because businesses will make up for the extra expenses. Also, that will mean reduction in business activities in the banks.

5. Should the above persist it will get to a certain point where there will be scarcity of the dollar in the market. When it get to that point, the dollar rate is astronomically shooooooot up in the market because demand will outweigh supply. At this point, the naira problem will be worse than it was.

Is The Naira Really Appreciating?
Make no mistake, the naira-dollar rate is yet to appreciate in the international market. As at May 29 the naira/$ rate was N199 in the market. The rate as at today Aug 5, 2015 is still N199. You can't appreciate a currency via the backdoor. Even the black market rate cannot be regulated through the back door.

What "Sane" Countries Does:
The CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele made it look like one can't deposit foreign currencies in cash in another country. This is contrary to the facts on ground. No country will shut down foreign currencies transactions in banks. Let me give two instances...

On February 27, 2015, the Central Bank of Egypt instituted a new policy to help the Egyptian pound. As part of the policy, Individuals and businesses are allowed a maximum of $10,000(or equivalent) deposit daily and $50,000(or equivalent) monthly. The measure would stop companies from buying large amounts of dollars from the black market and then depositing them briefly in banks in order to open letters of credit for imports.

In China the maximum daily deposit/withdrawal of foreign currencies is $10,000(or equivalent).

Is it not better to place a transactional limit for foreign currencies than discourage deposit completely(that will solve nothing)?
We don't produce, we import, we have no policy to promote local production nor infrastructures in place toencourage manufacturers, yet we expect the naira to appreciate. That is no done anywhere.

I will be glad to get the views of others.

God Bless Us All

214 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Mynd44: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
To answer these questions, the OP needs to put in the post above what led to the Naira depreciating from 154/156 in November2014 to 196 in December 2014 first.

When you do that, we can then start to track the primary factors and how we can tackle the strength of the Naira viz-a-viz the price of goods in the market.

To take this issue from the events of May 2015 is just you attempting to put squares pegs in round holes.

340 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
I encourage people to check out the history of the naira rate www.exchangerates.org.uk/USD-NGN-exchange-rate-history.html

iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by PAINGAIN: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:
Lmaoooo
damn! U beat me to it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by obi4eze(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
You should have created this sort of thread when the Naira depreciated from 150 to 200 US Dollars...

177 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by jmoore(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
No celebration till $1 = ₦1

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Mynd44: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:

iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots
Shoutout si awon goons mi
Awon erukus me
Awon loni kima para kima keeping cools mi
So bi gobe sele ninu hood mi
Teba gbo bajinatu ema ri awon goons mi

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by MizMyColi(f): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
This was my reaction when I saw the news of Naira appreciation.

MizMyColi:
This kind of news is relieving.
When I saw 250 to 1$ on the frontpage, I was worried.
I felt like nothing is working really.

But reading this is a silver lining.
It is worth celebrating.
I hope that the trend is continued.

I ask for more direction and clarity to those who have made this feat a possible one.

It is well with Nigeria.

I am stepping out of my work place now.
I will read the OP and draw a conclusion as soon as I'm settled.

*modified*

I have read the OP

Well‎ ‎
*sighs*

Is it that Mr Godwin is simply unintelligent?
Is he under pressure of any kind to perform?‎
Why the cosmetic change?

To be honest, I want to see transformational progressive change, but if Barcanista's ‎writeup is anything to go by, then it means we're still far from anywhere near el-dorado.
Smh really.‎

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by obi4eze(m): 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:
To answer these questions, the OP needs to put in the post above what led to the Naira depreciating from 154/156 in November2014 to 196 in December 2014 first.

When you answer those questions, we can then start to track the primary factors and how we can tackle the strength of the Naira viz-a-viz the price of goods in the market.

To take this issue from the events of May 2015 is just you attempting to put squares pegs in round holes.
Exactly bro. U just took the words out of me. I just want to see what effect this CBN policy will have on the economy because they can't continue to devalue the Naira.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
obi4eze:
You should have created this sort of thread when the Naira depreciated from 150 to to 200 US Dollars...
The thing is that they don't know why the Naira fell to 200 in one month while the government sat down unable to do anything....

Barcanista should go and put those reasons in the OP and he will have made sense and we know we are all looking for a solution.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ymodulus:
Domiciliary accounts were never designed for such purpose at the onset. They are to use Form A or Form M, or Bill of Collections or Letter of credit.
These are channels designed for international trade. Domiciliary or Western Union or Money Gram were never designed for such. So its time we follow principles as seen in developed countries.
Domiciliary accounts use is beyond just transactionary purpose-though it is one of the ways to effect transactions.

The decision, the banks decided to take that line of action because they felt that the level of foreign currency that had in their vaults was above the optimum level that they could manage. Let me put it to you this way: when a bank accepts naira cash and it has excess cash in its vault, what it does is to take it to the CBN and the CBN gives them value for it. But when a bank has excess dollar cash in its vault, what is it going to do with it? If they take it to the CBN, what is the central bank going to do with it? So what you will find is that if they continue to accept it from bank customers, it becomes a useless piece of paper in their vaults because it is a non-earning asset. So that is why you are not going to blame banks that say they have excess foreign currency in their vaults and do not need it again because they don’t have a mechanism through which they can dispose of it and get real value.
This is the problem with people. What the CBN does is to collect the dollar and give to banks on requests. This dollar is is called Foreign Exchange reserve. Where do you think BDCs get their dollars from? Where do you think banks get their dollars from after emptying their vault?

Answer same as no1. They can get Form A or M, BTA , Bill of collections, Letter of Credit and other means of international trade.
Like I said above all these can't replace dom account. It will be silly to discourage savings account just because their is current account".

Wrong ideology. Very wrong am disappointed in you on this, i believe you deliberately twisted this. There are several macroeconomic variables that comes to play to determine the price. In this case the law of supply of dollars and demand comes into effect.

I disagree with you. This will reduce the price. The only problem we have is we ourselves (Nigerian), when naira depreciates we are quick to increase price but when it appreciates we are slow to reduce price.
there are variables that influences demand and supply. For the fact that we still rely on import, our goods and services will keep on the high side. For the fact that businesses make financial transactions from neighbouring countries just to import, it means we'll continue to bear the extra cost-hence, increase in commodities. There are no backdoors here.

will sky rocket again. but it will be difficult. And that will take a long time.
If you agree that dollar will skyrocket in the market on the long run, then I see no reason for your argument above.

I agree the naira is not appreciating. what we are seeing now is a psychological prank been played on us by the CBN
This is the crux of the matter.

There are several things that works for egypt and cannot work for us. dont be so quick to use their analysis to set as an example for nigeria. Corruption kills us and the currency world is a corrupt world a case of blood money. and since we are yet to uproot the corruption, egypt model should not be set as an epitome block for we to follow.
My brother, I don't know why you are saying this. The way to curtail corruption is by putting mehanism in place to ensure strict adherence and not to put up "silly policy".

its $50,000 annually. to exceed this amount you have to fill a form.
It $10,000 daily maximum www.onestop.globaltimes.cn/can-i-deposit-my-savings-in-non-chinese-currencies-within-china/

Thanks for agreeing with the concluding part. Ciao

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Firefire(m): 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
You see...

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Mynd44: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
obi4eze:

Exactly bro. U just took the words out of me. I just want to see what effect this CBN policy will have because they can't continue to devalue the Naira.
Actually, there are immediate factors and long term factors as there are long and short term factors.

When we raised alarm that Emefiele's using foreign reserves to keep the Naira from falling was wrong, people thought we were crazy but recent events have showed that we can defend the Naira without burning reserves

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by PassingShot(m): 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:

Awon erukus me

You're a funny dude! cheesy cheesy cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Mynd44: 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
PassingShot:

You're a funny dude! cheesy cheesy cheesy
You people on NL always need back up as you cannot argue on your own else I wonder what the tags are for.

It is not like they will see the mention sef

27 Likes

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by udemejack(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
Is the value of the Naira really appreciating in the real sense or the CBN and the FG are playing pranks on Nigerians? Why are commodities still high in the market?

Ideal Situation
Ideally, customers operating domiciliary accounts will go to the banks, deposit their dollar and through that account they do whatever transaction that they deem necessary. The Banks inturn will take the dollars(and other foreign currencies) to the CBN.

1. The CBN has stopped receiving dollars from banks, as a result the banks has stopped accepting dollars at the counter because their vaults are full.

2. Because of the restriction at 1(above) the demand for dollar reduces in the BDC. The BDCs seek every means to trade the currency including reducing the cost at the black market. The CBN will go to the press to scream "NAIRA IS APPRECIATING."

3. As a result of 1(above) the banks also refuse to request dollars from the CBN's foreign exchange reserve. The CBN will then come out to scream "RESERVE IS GROWING".

1. What happens to a businessmen with domiciliary account seeking to deposit dollars and transfer to their partners abroad after buying the dollar from BDC or Bank?

2. The bank's refusal to accept dollar deposit means business transaction on that will be halted. Because no domiciliary account holder will be willing to withdraw from his account when he knows that he won't be able to make further deposit due to the CBN's policy except if his intention is solely for converting the dollar to naira for local transaction.

3. Instead of doing transactions from domiciliary account, businessmen will be left with no choice but to operate domiciliary account in neighbouring countries where they will be making transactions or resort to wiring money via Western Union in neighboring country.

4. As a result of 3(above) the cost of commodities will go UP because businesses will make up for the extra expenses. Also, that will mean reduction in business activities in the banks.

5. Should the above persist it will get to a certain point where there will be scarcity of the dollar in the market. When it get to that point, the dollar rate is astronomically shooooooot up in the market because demand will outweigh supply. At this point, the naira problem will be worse than it was.

Make no mistake, the naira-dollar rate is yet to appreciate in the international market. As at May 29 the naira/$ rate was N199 in the market. The rate as at today Aug 5, 2015 is still N199. You can't appreciate a currency via the backdoor. Even the black market rate cannot be regulated through the back door.

The CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele made it look like one can't deposit foreign currencies in cash in another country. This is contrary to the facts on ground. No country will shut down foreign currencies transactions in banks. Let me give two instances...

On February 27, 2015, the Central Bank of Egypt instituted a new policy to help the Egyptian pound. As part of the policy, Individuals and businesses are allowed a maximum of $10,000(or equivalent) deposit daily and $50,000(or equivalent) monthly. The measure would stop companies from buying large amounts of dollars from the black market and then depositing them briefly in banks in order to open letters of credit for imports.

In China the maximum daily deposit/withdrawal of foreign currencies is $10,000(or equivalent).

Is it not better to place a transactional limit for foreign currencies than discourage deposit completely(that will solve nothing)?
We don't produce, we import, we have no policy to promote local production nor infrastructures in place toencourage manufacturers, yet we expect the naira to appreciate. That is no done anywhere.

God Bless Us All
so wht is the current exchange rate now in the open market?

4 Likes

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by fitzmayowa: 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
jmoore:
That's what the oyinbo's call building castle in the air...cheesy

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by buskie13(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
jmoore:
I'm with u on this
$1=#1

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by modath(f): 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
Just knew Barcanista was gonna wail about this too..

He performs on cue. smiley

Barcanista, its not the 199.5 that is the problem, ( we all know that is a product of your hero & PDP's 16yrs molestation of the nation's commonwealth) it is the speculative marketers, hoarders & round trippers that drove the parallel end to almost 250 that are the problem, but trust you to highlight the negative...

How you get anything done beyond this write ups beg the question " you nor dey tire" ?

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:

Ideal Situation

God Bless Us All
stop making fool of yourself...u have lost the respect I have for you for the past few weeks.. I think u nid to go on a break

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Ymodulus: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:

1. What happens to a[b] businessmen with domiciliary account seeking to deposit dollars and transfer to their partners abroad [/b]after buying the dollar from BDC or Bank?
Domiciliary accounts were never designed for such purpose at the onset. They are to use Form A or Form M, or Bill of Collections or Letter of credit.
These are channels designed for international trade. Domiciliary or Western Union or Money Gram were never designed for such. So its time we follow principles as seen in developed countries.

The decision, the banks decided to take that line of action because they felt that the level of foreign currency that had in their vaults was above the optimum level that they could manage. Let me put it to you this way: when a bank accepts naira cash and it has excess cash in its vault, what it does is to take it to the CBN and the CBN gives them value for it. But when a bank has excess dollar cash in its vault, what is it going to do with it? If they take it to the CBN, what is the central bank going to do with it? So what you will find is that if they continue to accept it from bank customers, it becomes a useless piece of paper in their vaults because it is a non-earning asset. So that is why you are not going to blame banks that say they have excess foreign currency in their vaults and do not need it again because they don’t have a mechanism through which they can dispose of it and get real value.

Answer same as no1. They can get Form A or M, BTA , Bill of collections, Letter of Credit and other means of international trade.

Wrong ideology. Very wrong am disappointed in you on this, i believe you deliberately twisted this. There are several macroeconomic variables that comes to play to determine the price. In this case the law of supply of dollars and demand comes into effect.

I disagree with you. This will reduce the price. The only problem we have is we ourselves (Nigerian), when naira depreciates we are quick to increase price but when it appreciates we are slow to reduce price.

There is no doubt that one day the dollar will be dried up and it will sky rocket again. but it will be difficult. And that will take a long time.

I agree the naira is not appreciating. what we are seeing now is a psychological prank been played on us by the CBN.

warp analysis. There are several things that works for egypt and cannot work for us. dont be so quick to use their analysis to set as an example for nigeria. Corruption kills us and the currency world is a corrupt world a case of blood money. and since we are yet to uproot the corruption, egypt model should not be set as an epitome block for we to follow.

its $50,000 annually. to exceed this amount you have to fill a form.

God Bless Us All
funny why i disagree with you on some of your analysis, i accept your conclusion.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Mynd44: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
modath:
Just knew Barcanista was gonna wail about this too..

He performs on cue. smiley
Except this time he is stepping in uncharted waters.

He can keep lurking in the viewing section until he is ready for a debate which will include why the Naira fell from 154 to 198 between November and December 2014

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by modath(f): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:

Except this time he is stepping in uncharted waters.

He can keep lurking in the viewing section until he is ready for a debate which will include why the Naira fell from 154 to 198 between November and December 2014

You gonna wait till my new born is ready for college. wink

20 Likes

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Realdeals(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
We are not operating a dollar economy, it is odd for anyone to move around with dollars in cash, dom account is meant to receive payment in foreign currency (either in cheque deposit or wire transfer) been paid to the beneficiary from outside the country.

13 Likes

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
udemejack:
so wht is the current exchange rate now in the open market?
The question is "why are prices of goods still high(and even goin high)"?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Mynd44: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
modath:

You gonna wait till my new born is ready for college. wink
That's why they always call their friends for backup so they can support their distortions.

I know no one will dare go back to November 2014 but interestingly, that's where the issue with the Naira started

45 Likes

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Bayswater: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
I still dey observe. The children of anger have not made any single contribution, they will rather attack the OP's personality. i am waiting for you lazy bones to come up with facts or at least counter the ones he has raised in his post.

6 Likes

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by helpee(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
@ barcanista, thanks for the analysis. kindly disregard those that have nothing to contribute except shouting wailing wailers. But i disagree with you. naira actually depreciated against the dollar because of excessive speculation. As you know, due to the ban on 41 products importers from accessing forex at the official rate, they had to source it from the parallel market. The excessive demand for forex by these importers from the black market at first created a scarcity that pushed the dollar up temporarily. speculators then cashed on that and started hoarding dollars thinking the dollar will keep rising against the naira especially since the new govt has no concrete plan in place. i was almost caught up too. i was advised to change most of my daily sales to dollars and then deposit in my DOM account in speculation of a further weakening of the naira. therefore, the banks were flooded by speculators with dollar deposits and many of them under the disguise of importation are laundering the money abroad via transfer. so, by refusing to accept the dollars, the CBN is playing a very smart move aagainst speculators. many people are therefore caught with dollars which they cant transfer or even deposit except to convert it to naira. therefore, the economy is flooded with dollars and demand is less than supply so the dollar must come down.
IS IT SUSTAINABLE/
Yes but we will temporarily suffer in sacrifice for a prosperous naira. importers will be temporarily caught unaware. the CBN will only create a bereaucratic bottleneck that will make it difficult for anybody except importers to access forex. BVN is one of the them. money launderers that used to access forex and transfer via DOM account will be cut off by the bottleneck. speculators will not find it attractive to hoard dollars because unless they ggenuinely need the dollars, they wont be able to get value for it since they cant spend it locally, cant transfer and cant even deposit. what do you need a useless dollar for?
it is not easy to open domicilliary account in neigbouring countries like you suggested unless you are a citizen or permanent/legal resident so few will be able to divert import activities to the neigbouring countries. therefore, even without increasing local production of imported stuffs, the naira will still stabilise against the dollar at a favourable position cos the most damage done to the naira usually comes from speculators. once we only access just the dollar we need for importation, school fees and other legal business abroad, we will stop speculating with the naira .
Even if things are temporarily expensive, we youths should take up the challenge and start producing. you can start with toothpick for example cos it is part of the products banned from accessing forex officially. the bottomline is that if it will be sustainable we must support the CBN in this quest. this is the first policy of this govt/CBN that i support.

95 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Mynd44: 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
The actual question is why the Naira started falling in November 2014 and this has continued until July.

The reason the Naira fell in November is the start of why prices are going up. As long as we don't answer that, there is no point trying as we wont get a clear view of this "mess"

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by joseph1832(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
The question you should ask yourself is, have there ever been a time in Nigeria that the price of good drop?

Even the price of transportation is still high knowing that petrol isn't 97 Naira anymore but 87 Naira.

MODIFIED

And just to ask you a couple of salient question also, are those who operate dormicialliary account the only ones in Nigeria?.

Are they the only movers and shakers of the Nigerian economy? it seem your write up is purely based on them.

Funny how you just focused on them as if they're the only set of people who live in Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by jmoore(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:

Awon erukus me

See Incantations!!
grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Appreciation": Why Nigerians Should Not Celebrate by Emperortj93(m): 3:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Tumbles In Front Of A Car To Celebrate Oyetola’s Appeal Court Victory / Governor Ugwuanyi Visits Defunct SARS Office To Confirm Closure / "Buhari Not A Man" – Ahmad Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.