Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Igbo Stereotypes - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Stereotypes (28027 Views)

Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Stereotypes by murphyibiam15(m): 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
ChinenyeN:

Yep, Izugbe is an artificial creation. It didn't evolve from anything. Instead, features of Izugbe were deliberately handpicked, based off what the standardizing committee believed to be the underlying basis for modern Igbo speech forms. Izugbe is not the natural dialect of any Igbo-speaking people or township.
you are very much correct
Re: Igbo Stereotypes by Igbodigr8: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
cheruv:

Thanks for the pin up smiley
The problem we East of Niger Igbos ve is that we tend to forget those on the West side,when its clear that our ancestors especially from that Anambra area were the ones that crossed the Niger some millennia back to settle there.
We must never forget them! That is a promise I've made to myself cool
na lie,they said that they're not igbo

1 Like

Re: Igbo Stereotypes by Igbodigr8: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ndi nzuzu. What I know is whatever you are is for you in your house. And I'm not otipku. If you want to form to me i will give you level
Re: Igbo Stereotypes by Igbodigr8: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ndi nzuzu. What I know is whatever you are is for you in your house. And I'm not otipku. If you want to form to me i will give you level
Chigold101:
lolzzz Anambra no de school? You better make ur research well...
[quote author=Pchidexy post=38471563][/quote]
Re: Igbo Stereotypes by Igbodigr8: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Chigold101:
lolzzz Anambra no de school? You better make ur research well...
[quote author=Pchidexy post=38471563][/quote] undecided
Re: Igbo Stereotypes by Igbodigr8: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
tonychristopher:

You're not even from our Omambala and you're making noise. What's Omambala? Not every one whose local government is in anambra is from Omambala
Thank you ..anambra has been made like that by our Chi ..we have that believe that we are too much and that has been out driving factor .odenigboaroli shouldnt be blamed for confidence... That's an average anambra man even me . we are proud and that is good

We can't all be like delta Igbo which some are confused over their identity nor be like ikwerre who hate their identity

I think the leadership of Igbo naturally rest on anambra so it is akalaka

This isn't bragging but I think anambra is okay with her culture and we don't talk down on any Igbo. In my house from uncles and aunts to us . we married non anambra Igbo so how can we look down on Igbo?

Odenigboaroli is on point but its the dialect part I don't like .he is my good friend and has never seem him nasty so let's understand he is proud of his dialect and that should be respected. Me that can't speak my dialect should be chastised

Dalu nuu
Re: Igbo Stereotypes by Probz(m): 1:07am On Mar 13, 2017
Enugu-Ezike people are as fetish as they come
Owerre babes do akwuna and answer complex oyibo names (aka Victoriana)
Abakaliki people are razz and hot-headed
Anambra men are illiterate industrialists who pronounce rice as lice
Mbaise people are wicked
Re: Igbo Stereotypes by Probz(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2019
cheruv:

Thanks for the pin up smiley
The problem we East of Niger Igbos ve is that we tend to forget those on the West side,when its clear that our ancestors especially from that Anambra area were the ones that crossed the Niger some millennia back to settle there.
We must never forget them! That is a promise I've made to myself cool

I thought you were an nwoke Ika.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian / Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. / Yusuf Lawal: Katsina Emirate Sacks Kankara District Head For Sponsoring Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.