Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God (3084 Views)

''Arewa Youths Go To Hell'': Nnamdi Kanu Storms Anambra (Photos, Video) / INEC Rubbishes Peterside Says That Wike Won Election / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With a Homophobic God.
by Matt Slick

Desmond Tutu, a retired Anglican Bishop, who is supposed to adhere to the Bible and who fought against apartheid in South Africa, said on July 26, 2013 . . .

"I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this . . . I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place . . . I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid. For me, it is at the same level."1

God is homophobic? Really? God, the infinite power of the universe, is afraid of homosexuals? What planet does Desmond live on? Apparently, the god he disagrees with is a wimpy, bigoted, little thing that is unfair and whiney. No wonder Desmond, in his profound moral wisdom, doesn't want to hang around with him for eternity. But, where exactly does Mr. Tutu find this weakened, fraidy-cat deity? He certainly can't find him in the Bible. Did he invent him? Or does he pick and choose things he likes and doesn't like in the Bible and then pronounce to the world his stupendous insights based on his personal preferences? Perhaps we should call him Apostle Tutu and wait for more declarations from on high and then add his sayings to the Canon of Scripture. I can see it now, the epistle of Tutu addressing the new sexual morality.

Tutu 1:1-8, "Greetings, world, from our Lord and God. May his peace be upon you. 2 I have heard that there have been disturbances among my people about purity. 3 Let no one disturb you for the Lord made Adam and Eve and enjoined them to reproduce. 4 Now that the earth is full, people are to enjoy the gift of sexuality with responsibility and freedom. 5 Let not homophobia be mentioned among you. Make sure you teach fairness, love, and tolerance to all, especially the children. And, may the love of God overcome all bigotry. 6 I am confident that your love for people of every sexual orientation will overcome all intolerance among God's people. 7 Yet, abstain from the sexual love of children, animals, and the dead. Sexual fantasies and promiscuity should only be shared with the partner or partners you love, for love covers a multitude of sins and purifies our intentions. 8. And, it is better to spend eternity away from the Living God and in hell, than share fellowship with any being that denies one's personal sexual preferences."

Okay, so that is a little ridiculous, right? Right? Or, maybe it isn't too far off?

Still, I'm dumfounded by the arrogant foolishness of Desmond. Think about it. If the God of the Bible exists and He condemns homosexuality, then is Mr. Tutu exercising any wisdom at all when he says that he would rather suffer eternal damnation than spend his existence with the God who doesn't agree with homosexual practice? I find that sentiment to be incredibly brainless. He doesn't like God's holiness, so he would rather burn in Hell forever in agony without hope of deliverance . . . because he views homosexual practices on the same level as human rights . . . and because he knows morality better than the God of the Bible.

Uh . . . really?

I can't help thinking of several questions:

Does he really think he knows better than God about sexuality?
Does he realize he is denying the Bible he has professed to believe as an Anglican?
Does he really want to avoid the holy presence of God in Heaven based on his opinion of people's homosexual practices here on earth?
Logically, if the God of the Bible exists and He condemns homosexuality, isn't it kind of dumb to challenge Him? I mean, God can send you to Hell . . . forever . . . in anguish. And that's okay with Mr. Tutu? Yikes!
Desmond Tutu is judging God and proclaiming the Bible to be fallible because it doesn't agree with his views on homosexual practices. This is the height of arrogance and the depth of foolishness.

Desmond Tutu needs to repent and find the true God of Scripture.

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.

https://carm.org/desmond-tutu-homosexuality-hell

Is Desmond Tutu speaking the minds of Africans or is he simply being politically correct? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by bedoab10k(m): 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bye bye who hold am a beg?

FP again
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
All gays shld be hanged on a tree

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by jcross19: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
God have mercy and intervene before is too late.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by Cutehector(m): 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mthew.. Most stvpid piece I hav eva read in my entire life...
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by Vijon(m): 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
end time...

in another news... do u need fast and reliable bulksms services ? check out www.fastalertsms.com, www.facebook.com/fastalertsms
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
That is a story for Gos Almighty
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by dapyd1(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
This is why you should not on your beliefs on people. Follow me as I follow Christ.
On the other hand, God doesn't hate gay people, he loves them in fact because he loves everyone, sinner or not.
But God does not condone homosexuality because it is sin.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by kokoA(m): 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
God is not homophobic truly. He loves everybody including homosexuals but I doubt if he loves the act.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
I am indifferent about people sexual orientation. The best way to living long is by minding your fvcking business. And that is what I do!!!
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by hakeem4(m): 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
I cannot judge

End time
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by kokoA(m): 11:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
IjogzK:
I am indifferent about people sexual orientation. The best way to living long is by minding your fvcking business. And that is what I do!!!
grin "fvcking business" literally and figuratively. Nice one. grin
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by joseph1832(m): 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
Matt Slick, you should know that Desmond Tutu has his named written in the sands of time. You and your bunch of twisted and concocted ban of individuals can go choke on his achievements and see if any of you can come close to what he suffered and endured.

I wonder when this LGBT individuals will understand that not all must subscribe to their idea of sex and sexuality, so they should stop shoving it in peoples faces.

In fact, they're doing what the Christians and Muslims do, shove their beliefs and opinions down peoples throat for them to digest. If I say I don't like gays, then, that's my business. I wonder what makes it their business.

Besides, I've been trying to get a hang on this LGBT of a thing because I feel if a man and a man/a woman and a woman can have sex base on their feelings for each other, I still see no reason whatsoever why a 40 year old man can't have sex with a 13 year old girl base on their feelings for each other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by joseph1832(m): 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
dapyd1:
This is why you should not on your beliefs on people. Follow me as I follow Christ.
On the other hand, God doesn't hate gay people, he lives them in fact because he loves everyone sinner or not.
But God does not condone homosexuality.
Yes he doesn't, the Bible expressly say that, but we shouldn't forget that homosexuality is a sin and God repudiates sin! So you guys should stop separating Sin as if some sins are better than some and God condone some while he doesn't condone some.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by Heromaniaa: 12:02am On Aug 05, 2015
we all need salvation and redemption. that's the moral lesson of the story.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by boboLIL(m): 12:36am On Aug 05, 2015
Weda una legalise same-sex marriage worldwide or not... My God in heaven doesn't support it so I wil nva welcome that.... Approach me as a gay then ur yeye body go tell u

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 05, 2015
ok...
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:08am On Aug 05, 2015
bedoab10k:

Bye bye
who hold am a beg?

FP again

I don't think this OP is politically correct enough to make the FP. cheesy
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by socialmediaman: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Typing
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by socialmediaman: 9:19am On Aug 05, 2015
no comment after reading
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by orunto27: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2015
Badbye to hell with your scrotum cancer.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Why do you say so? undecided
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by bedoab10k(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

so I should not rejoice I made front page.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by bedoab10k(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

so I should not rejoice I made front page.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by oluwalfa: 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
Everybody have their own idea of a supreme doG. Mine barks the loudest.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by cold(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Desmond Tutu is a God that deserves to be reverred. He doesn't need to go a heaven presided over by a god who had no qualms with the dehumanisation of his own creation in the hands of fellow human beings who felt they were higher up on the god's ladder in the name of apartheid. Such a god is one sick,twisted beast. Why anyone would want to associate him or herself with such a beast is befuddling.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by BCISLTD: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
All things....bright and beautiful. ...."all things"....the Lord God made them all.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by CUM4WHAT(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
shut yur smelling womanliness. And kill yoself
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by wordcat(m): 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Why?
What about lairs, Fornicators, Adulterers? And I know for sure that you're guilty of them which your Jewish Yahweh also hate smiley
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by shotster50(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
The African hypocrisy is a special kind of hypocrisy... Is homosexuality a special kind of sin greater in degree to the sins you all commit everyday? Its funny to me really how we pick and choose.
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
jcross19:

God have mercy and intervene before is too late.

Amen!
Re: Desmond Tutu Says That He Would Rather Go To Hell Than Be With A Homophobic God by Ovamboland(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2015
I am sure Jesus would have asked many of the posters above who claim to hate gays with a passion if they have not fornicated, committed adultery or lustfully look at people for sexual reasons.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Decided To Restore Biafra - Kanu / Bianca Ojukwu Bags A Masters Degree In International Relations / The Menace Of Crop-Destroying Cattle, And The PEACEFUL Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.