Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend (5117 Views)

Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? / Guess What My Male Best Friends Got For Me Has My Birthday Gift!!!!! / OMG See How This University Girl Have Sxx Near Swimming Pool You Cant Believe Wh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by Calebosko(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2015
Someone asked me if its okay to allow his girlfriend to have a male best friend. Well this is what i have to say: First, you should know what being a BFF requires 1) A best friend is someone you love and cherish 2)Someone you show your vulnerable part to 3) Someone you can share secrets with, personal stuffs only you know about 4) Someone you share each others problems with, just so you don't have to go through it alone. 5) Someone you have close ties with, and don't want to hurt. 6) BF (Boy friend, or to make it sound good, he could be her best friend); BFF (Best friends "forever"wink There are many more definitions to "best friend", but i'll end at just six. But so far, closely examining those key-sentence definitions, whats the difference between your man and another guy who qualifies those favors?. Oh, the difference is that your guy is your "Boyfriend", and he's your best friend?..But is your guy not supposed to be your best friend too? Do not be deceived, the moment a woman starts confiding in any other man outside her man, she gets attached emotionally to this person (The heart is treacherous, and a woman's heart is sensitively treacherous) . And of course, as a best friend, she should hang out with him more often, i mean, what are friends for?..And of course, what makes love grow is the more quality time you spend with your partner. (in this case which happens to be your "so called" best friend with no strings attached. Another point to note is this , in the word BFF, the last F stands for forever, and who are you supposed to spend forever with?.. your man or your male bff? When misunderstandings arise with the bff, some girls say its easy to work out, and not end. Why can't you channel this energy to your man?..Is your man not meant to be the one you work things out with, rather than break up?...at this point, do you notice the preference she gives this bff? Now, it gets to this point where you want to hang out with her, and her male bff wants to come along. This is her best friend (who happens to be male), the point is, she doesn't want to hurt her friend, so she insist he comes, if you being her boy friend declines, it means you hate her friend, and 'they'll' start avoiding you, making sure the bff isn't around when you are around...she starts sharing time. When the "bff" is sick, she's there to take care of him and likely feed him, giving him the tenderness that you (the bf) deserve. Women are moved by how you make them feel, if she feels this comfortable about a certain guy who happens to be her male bestie, then she has feelings for 'Two' guys. Its like the taste you have for apples and oranges, they have different taste, but you like them both, you enjoy them both, you can't banish any, because you like them differently. Decide now!!! Do not be fooled, majority of girls share intimacy with the people they have feelings for right?, after all, this guys earned it..now does she have feelings for her bff? the feelings just described above? Do not confuse it, its not a brotherly feeling, because most of them won't change/or pull off their cloths in front of their brothers, some wont even take care of their sick brothers, so the bff feelings is quite different. Note, if for anything she's asked to chose a guy she will like to date if you incidentally left her, guess who she'll chose? *wink*. Or ask her if its okay if you had a female bff too..lol Do not risk your relationships, if she's looking for a bff other than you, don't save her... Let her go after bff's, she isn't respecting you or taking you seriously, because obviously, if you were in a "serious" marriage, she won't look outside. Moreover, why will she want to have a bff when you should be one?. Have you ever seen a guy sitting with his girl while she's holding hands with another guy?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by Mancity26(m): 7:46am On Aug 05, 2015
Na worst mistake bi dat oo, especially when d guy come handsome. Na die u dey oo. U knw say e no dey hard woman 2 fall in love...#funnynation comedian
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by Tbillz(m): 7:47am On Aug 05, 2015
Only saw 1 reason?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by donholy28(m): 7:50am On Aug 05, 2015
But I be BFF to many girls but dem get Bfs and nothing dey am....just friends...so op this is useless

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by jamesharryson(m): 8:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Y
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by mayorkyzo: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2015
It all depends on how they became friends...if the guy was friend zoned that's bad but if they met and just hit it off as friends it might be harmless...met a girl in my lodge in uni we still best of friends till this day...not everybody has an hidden agenda...

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by jamesharryson(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2015
It is not a reasonable story for your girlfriend to have a boy best friend. If that happens then it means you are on the thing of losing her
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by Oahray: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2015
Poor presentation of whatever points you intended passing across.

The only way you can stop your girl from having another guy as a best friend is to be her best friend, the closest friend she has. Whatever you put in a relationship is what you get out of it (most times).

If you are in a serious relationship, I don't see why you can't be her best friend too. If you aren't in a serious relationship, I don't see why you should bother yourself with who her best friend is.

The whole talk about not ALLOWING her have a male bff, as if she would come seek your permission, is just another wishful attempt at stroking the male ego.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by olamigbemi(f): 10:31am On Aug 05, 2015
My best friend is a guy n we av bin besties for more dan 8yrs now. It depends on why u choose to av him as a besties in d first place. Believe it or not there is absolutely nothing like emotional attachment cus I see him as a brother already
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by bamac(m): 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
donholy28:
But I be BFF to many girls but dem get Bfs and nothing dey am....just friends...so op this is useless
pls dont say it is useless, you should know how it feels when you make a write-up and someone from nairaland or any other forum now reply with that word.

Though we have different opinions, i will not subscribe to what my op said because he himself is a bf to someone who has a man.

It all depends on the girl. No matter hw close you can be to another man or a woman( bf or gf) you must respect your man.

No big deal when a lady has a man as her bf, the bf too must learn to respect the man of his gf.

Dont make us hate each other when relationship comes to play.

My OP, think about it...
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by IamLEGEND1: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
olamigbemi:
My best friend is a guy n we av bin besties for more dan 8yrs now. It depends on why u choose to av him as a besties in d first place. Believe it or not there is absolutely nothing like emotional attachment cus I see him as a brother already

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by babyfaceafrica: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=IamLEGEND1 post=36634156][/quote] wicked!!!...see s she just friendzone the guy!!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by olamigbemi(f): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
;DHahahahahahahahah nah! I didn't friendzone him ooo we started out as friends n we r still friends[quote author=IamLEGEND1 post=36634156][/quote]
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by IamLEGEND1: 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
wicked!!!...see s she just friendzone the guy!!!
i'm telling you bro

there is no escaping the friendzone

#HisResidenceIsPermanent
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by babyfaceafrica: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
i'm telling you bro

there is no escaping the friendzone

#HisResidenceIsPermanent
gals like dis he is like a big boda to me!!...as if dem no get boda for aws
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by IamLEGEND1: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
olamigbemi:
;DHahahahahahahahah nah! I didn't friendzone him ooo we started out as friends n we r still friends

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by IamLEGEND1: 4:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
babyfaceafrica:

then wen the guy dey with him hommies

and dem ask am how things between him and that chick dey?

he go be like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Calebosko:
Someone asked me if its okay to allow
his girlfriend to have a male best friend.
Well this is what i have to say:
First, you should know what being a BFF
requires
1) A best friend is someone you love and
cherish
2)Someone you show your vulnerable
part to
3) Someone you can share secrets with,
personal stuffs only you know about
4) Someone you share each others
problems with, just so you don't have to
go through it alone.
5) Someone you have close ties with, and
don't want to hurt.
6) BF (Boy friend, or to make it sound
good, he could be her best friend); BFF
(Best friends "forever"wink
There are many more
definitions to "best friend",
but i'll end at just six. But so
far, closely examining those
key-sentence definitions,
whats the difference
between your man and
another guy who qualifies
those favors?. Oh, the
difference is that your guy is
your "Boyfriend", and he's
your best friend?..But is your
guy not supposed to be
your best friend too?
Do not be deceived, the
moment a woman starts
confiding in any other man
outside her man, she gets
attached emotionally to this
person (The heart is
treacherous, and a woman's
heart is sensitively
treacherous) . And of course,
as a best friend, she should
hang out with him more
often, i mean, what are
friends for?..And of course,
what makes love grow is the
more quality time you spend
with your partner. (in this
case which happens to be
your "so called" best friend
with no strings attached.
Another point to note is this
, in the word BFF, the last F
stands for forever, and who
are you supposed to spend
forever with?.. your man or
your male bff?
When misunderstandings
arise with the bff, some girls
say its easy to work out, and
not end. Why can't you
channel this energy to your
man?..Is your man not
meant to be the one you
work things out with, rather
than break up?...at this point,
do you notice the preference
she gives this bff?
Now, it gets to this point
where you want to hang out
with her, and her male bff
wants to come along. This is
her best friend (who
happens to be male), the
point is, she doesn't want to
hurt her friend, so she insist
he comes, if you being her
boy friend declines, it means
you hate her friend, and
'they'll' start avoiding you,
making sure the bff isn't
around when you are
around...she starts sharing
time.
When the "bff" is sick, she's
there to take care of him
and likely feed him, giving
him the tenderness that you
(the bf) deserve.
Women are moved by how
you make them feel, if she
feels this comfortable about
a certain guy who happens
to be her male bestie, then
she has feelings for 'Two'
guys. Its like the taste you
have for apples and oranges,
they have different taste, but
you like them both, you enjoy
them both, you can't banish
any, because you like them
differently.
Decide now!!!
Do not be fooled, majority of
girls share intimacy with the
people they have feelings for
right?, after all, this guys
earned it..now does she have
feelings for her bff? the
feelings just described
above? Do not confuse it, its
not a brotherly feeling,
because most of them won't
change/or pull off their
cloths in front of their
brothers, some wont even
take care of their sick
brothers, so the bff feelings
is quite different.
Note, if for anything she's
asked to chose a guy she will
like to date if you incidentally
left her, guess who she'll
chose? *wink*. Or ask her if
its okay if you had a female
bff too..lol
Do not risk your
relationships, if she's
looking for a bff other than
you, don't save her... Let her
go after bff's, she isn't
respecting you or taking you
seriously, because obviously,
if you were in a "serious"
marriage, she won't look
outside. Moreover, why will
she want to have a bff when
you should be one?.
Have you ever seen a guy sitting with
his girl while she's holding hands with
another guy?

you right and @ times it happens when you consider your bf nothing more than a bf
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by olamigbemi(f): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lol seriously
babyfaceafrica:
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by babyfaceafrica: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

then wen the guy dey with him hommies

and dem ask am how things between him and that chick dey?

he go be like
lmao...wicked
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend by D34lw4p(m): 12:49am On Jul 26, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Babe Have Not Seen Her Period. / outdated / Is It Bad To Date A Teenager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.