Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,030 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK (1269 Views)

Exclusive Chat With The Moderator / From The Moderator / Talk To The Moderator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK by ikeyman00(m): 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2009
bilymuse
The pholosophy of free speech

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write."

François-Marie Arouet (1694 – 1778)

does the above exclude northern nigeria
Re: A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK by bilymuse: 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2009
@ RichyBlack

People given position of trust to administer must be willing to explain their actions when called upon and take full responsibility for their deeds. To deny somebody his the right to air is view is to take away his fundamental human right. By locking the thread without explanation, RichyBlack has acted like the Abacha regime who would closed a newspaper house simply because they don't like what the paper wrote. Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

In this scenario, RichyBlack is acting like the prosecutor; the jury does not expect the defendant to explain to them why the prosecutor has brought him to court. The anus lies with the prosecutor to explain to the jury why he has brought the accuse to court.

RichyBlack took an action, it is for him to explain why he took the action. He cannot expect me to enter into his head and speculate on the reason behind his action. How do you expect me to defend myself in a court when no charge has been proffered against me.

I believe have done absolutely nothing wrong, nor broke any law in Nairaland that warrant the thread to be locked. I presume innocent unless prove guilty.
Re: A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2009
Richy, you get time to give these guys open forum to discuss their grievances sha. If I were you, I'd just delete their nonsense thread and give em no recourse to democracy. Wetin them think say e be?
Re: A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK by bilymuse: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
KnowAll wrote
Nigeria cannot afford an Ibo president - The heading is tribalistic to say the least and should have been locked ages ago, every Nigerian can have a go for top job irrespective of your tribe. The poster should have at least try to modify the title if he really wants a debate to something like " Can Nigeria really afford to have an Igbo president " this kind of question is open to debate and as long as people are not getting over heated and into self degradation the thread will be left open. Mr moderator keep the good work going.

The judge cannot convict a man simply because he called himself ," the killer". Without considering the merit of the case, that would be a miscarriage of justice.

You do not judge a book by it cover.
Re: A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK by bilymuse: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2009
Afaukwu wrote
Do not waste your time. That guy, bilymuse, can never sustain any argument. The guy is a bloody illiterate and an utter ignoramus.

thanks
Re: A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK by bilymuse: 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2009
Depilot wrote
Locking up the topic with no explanation defeat the purpose of this forum, it also shows lack of creativeness and receptiveness to the opinions of others.

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
"I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write."

François-Marie Arouet (1694 – 1778)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edochie’s Kidnappers Demand N10m Ransom / Imo Identifies 460 Erosion Sites / Prof Osotimehin Is Deathly Afraid Of Turai Yaradua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.