Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] - Phones (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (440580 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by parrotibaba(m): 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

At the bolded, what does that mean in one word? If you were able to play a game flawlessly doesn't mean you can multitask flawlessly. You called someone a noob and u stated boldly that multitask as nothing to do with size of RAM. I give up
it's like trying to teach a fish poetry. Multitasking has nothing to do with a phone's ram. Check out misstechy's video on the c8 n how it handled heavy games like FIFA 15, injustice n mk x flawlessly with the 1 gig ram but somehow the phone sucks at multitasking. The problem is not lags if that's what you are getting at, it's a bug or a defect from tecno cos I haven't seen a phone with 1 gig ram hv multitasking issues b4.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
parrotibaba:
it's like trying to teach a fish poetry. Multitasking has nothing to do with a phone's ram. Check out misstechy's video on the c8 n how it handled heavy games like FIFA 15, injustice n mk x flawlessly with the 1 gig ram but somehow the phone sucks at multitasking. The problem is not lags if that's what you are getting at, it's a bug or a defect from tecno cos I haven't seen a phone with 1 gig ram hv multitasking issues b4.

dude, you didn't answer my question. Why do OEM's add more RAM to their high end devices? Apple for example has been on 1GB for years, why did they equip the 6s family with 2GB RAM? Afterall iOS is light. The fact is more RAM aids better multitasking operation
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by parrotibaba(m): 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

dude, you didn't answer my question. Why do OEM's add more RAM to their high end devices? Apple for example has been on 1GB for years, why did they equip the 6s family with 2GB RAM? Afterall iOS is light. The fact is more RAM aids better multitasking operation
I think I hv answered your question, you just don't want to accept the answer. I happen to use the Gionee m3 myself n it multitasks flawlessly n also plays heavy games without problems (yes it has 1 gig ram). So why will the c8 with the same 1 gig ram as the m3 n which plays heavy games flawlessly suck at multitasking? It's simple, it's a major f'ckup on the part of the OEM n not the 1 gig ram that it comes with.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

The answer is to handle the latest games and apps(high end), also to handle new features.. and for improved speed.. Not majorly for multitasking..

Question for you why can't I get up to 2GB free ram on a note 3.. And even phantom5.. Out of 3GB RAM the phones came with..?
Also why do they increase the processors on phone to better ones?

So what you are saying is that iPhone 6 with 1 GB Ram is a bad phone,
while the 6s is the perfect phone cos it has 2 GB RAM..
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

At the bolded, Samsung isn't stupidd to equip their low end with 1GB RAM. Hot 2 could have a 1GB RAM and perform a better job than C8 doesn't mean HOT 2 would perform a flawless multitask operation. OEMs that equip their high end phones with bigger RAM aren't stupidd

Please note that the hot 2 1GB run on pure lollipop not customized, so no RAM loss to extra features like you see on Samsung Note 4 where more than 2GB is already in use due to customization..
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

The answer is to handle the latest games and apps(high end), also to handle new features.. and for improved speed.. Not majorly for multitasking..

Question for you why can't I get up to 2GB free ram on a note 3.. And even phantom5.. Out of 3GB RAM the phones came with..?
Also why do they increase the processors on phone to better ones?

So what you are saying is that iPhone 6 with 1 GB Ram is a bad phone,
while the 6s is the perfect phone cos it has 2 GB RAM..

Good answer but with added ram, multitasking becomes smoother. Regarding your question, it's Samsungs fault. All thanks to touchwiz which is pretty heavy but you can have 2GB RAM free on stock or close to stock skins like sense.

I never said iPhone 6 is a bad phone but it doesn't truly multitask and safari often reloads.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

Good answer but with added ram, multitasking becomes smoother. Regarding your question, it's Samsungs fault. All thanks to touchwiz which is pretty heavy but you can have 2GB RAM free on stock or close to stock skins like sense.

I never said iPhone 6 is a bad phone but it doesn't truly multitask and safari often reloads.

Na wa oo do you use an IPhone 6?
Hmmm, so if u minimise safari reloads please confirm again, I no agree..
How come I was able to copy from safari and paste on another App repeatedly also from the mail app to another app
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

Na wa oo do you use an IPhone 6?
Hmmm, so if u minimise safari reloads please confirm again, I no agree..
How come I was able to copy from safari and paste on another App repeatedly also from the mail app to another app

U don't need to agree but it's the fact. I didn't say u can't copy from one place to another but safari holds info for a certain period and after a while, it would reload.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

U don't need to agree but it's the fact. I didn't say u can't copy from one place to another but safari holds info for a certain period and after a while, it would reload.

That's normal...
Its like you have another definition of multitasking..
Please define "Multitasking" to end argument...
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

That's normal...
Its like you have another definition of multitasking..
Please define "Multitasking" to end argument...

To start with, can you split screen on your iPhone 6?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by tegak10: 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
this guys is arguing stupidly.. 512mb ram... It keeps between 3-5 running apps in memory.....

The more ram the more apps are kept in memory....
Camon c8 ram management is the one thats the issue here... Software problem not hardware problem
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

To start with, can you split screen on your iPhone 6?

Oh i see, you call that multitasking...?
I split screen on my windows tab of 1GB RAM while I can't do that on my 4GB of RAM on my PC.. Please tell me why..?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
tegak10:
this guys is arguing stupidly.. 512mb ram... It keeps between 3-5 running apps in memory.....

The more ram the more apps are kept in memory....
Camon c8 ram management is the one thats the issue here... Software problem not hardware problem

Its not a about RAM on paper..
That determine the total app u can run at a time
1. Its all about Free Ram after the systems ram usage..
2. The Cached background processes the app uses..

I have a Y4 1 GB RAM it runs more than 10 background processes with about 400MB Free.. to accommodate more apps in background...
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Jazzygrafix(m): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

Do you have the phone?
Phone will still remain a phone..
The camera is just add-ons
If you like pictures go buy digital camera 25k to 30k will get you one

All camera on phones are the same due to their lenses
U cannot compare a digital camera with 2MP, not to talk if professinal camera...to any of the above phones, when you zoom the picture..

Have u seen the samsung Kzoom pictures. You will understand what I mean..

Phone is phone but young man, I'm telling you some phone has got cameras that are better than Digital cameras. talk of Z30, galaxy Note2, Note3, Motorola Droid razr HD. there are just many Android gadgets that have Cameras that make a mouth say wow

the point is that MTK phones are merely consolation gadgets for people who can't spend much on a good phone.
They advertise cameras on phone screen, let them advertise them on computer screen or better put it on zoom nd stop deceiving people.

ADVICE: When buying MTK phones next time, one should buy for sake of battery, processor and maybe RAM nd NOT for their cameras, no matter what adverts they put. I talk out of Experience, cuz I've used good Original nd Well respected Manufacturers made phone as well as MTK I've seen the Great difference. they are NO match

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by martineverest(m): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

u didn't answer the guy's question....u can never get 2gb of 3 GB ram even if u use an app of say 3mb ram, because of the phrase,' unused ram is wasted ram' and ' garbage collector' phenomenon... Even if u bundle an android phone with 6 GB ram it won't stop it from lagging. Is a Linux problem
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Jazzygrafix(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
macbeyland:

Did I not say this before? You don't have to be a camera nerd to observe that the Camon c8 camera is poor. So so overhyped. I own this phone and I know what am saying

that phone had a lot of advert even on billboards asif it were to compare with Nokia 808 pureview.
I'm on Infinix Hot note for now and its better in camera. sadly, Tecno, Infinix nd iTel are all d same. And this will be my last MTK phone. they are just so faked and f**ked

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
Jazzygrafix:

Phone is phone but young man, I'm telling you some phone has got cameras that are better than Digital cameras. talk of Z30, galaxy Note2, Note3, Motorola Droid razr HD. there are just many Android gadgets that have Cameras that make a mouth say wow

the point is that MTK phones are merely consolation gadgets for people who can't spend much on a good phone.
They advertise cameras on phone screen, let them advertise them on computer screen or better put it on zoom nd stop deceiving people.

ADVICE: When buying MTK phones next time, one should buy for sake of battery, processor and maybe RAM nd NOT for their cameras, no matter what adverts they put. I talk out of Experience, cuz I've used good Original nd Well respected Manufacturers made phone as well as MTK I've seen the Great difference. they are NO match

Na wa for you oo, wetin concern MTK in this matter, see sentiment, na camera we dey compare
How on earth will you compare phone to a camera..

Common sense: a digital camera of 26k will throw away a phone of 26k..
Post here a C8 and a note 3 picture let's zoom..
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

Oh i see, you call that multitasking...?
I split screen on my windows tab of 1GB RAM while I can't do that on my 4GB of RAM on my PC.. Please tell me why..?

Cos your OS version doesn't support it
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
martineverest:
u didn't answer the guy's question....u can never get 2gb of 3 GB ram even if u use an app of say 3mb ram, because of the phrase,' unused ram is wasted ram' and ' garbage collector' phenomenon... Even if u bundle an android phone with 6 GB ram it won't stop it from lagging. Is a Linux problem

Tell me which popularly used mobile OS that doesn't lag
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
Jazzygrafix:

that phone had a lot of advert even on billboards asif it were to compare with Nokia 808 pureview.
I'm on Infinix Hot note for now and its better in camera. sadly, Tecno, Infinix nd iTel are all d same. And this will be my last MTK phone. they are just so faked and f**ked

Please note that pureview is a phonecamera, just like Samsung's Kzoom.. See the lenses and flash just like u see on digital camera so u are expecting your 26k to out perform that..
There are Good MTK in HTC one M9+ but I tell no difference with C8 when zooms..
Since I saw the picture quality on m9+, and I saw a friends simple digital camera, I concluded phone are not for photographs or videos,
Just to remember moments.. That's all..
Get your self a camera if you really like pictures..
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

Cos your OS version doesn't support it
Simple IOS does not support split screen too, newer version might..
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

Simple IOS does not support split screen too, newer version might..

I told u earlier than it doesn't trully multitask. Cheers to the freaking weekend
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

I told u earlier than it doesn't trully multitask. Cheers to the freaking weekend
cool
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

Please note that pureview is a phonecamera, just like Samsung's Kzoom.. See the lenses and flash just like u see on digital camera so u are expecting your 26k to out perform that..
Since I saw the picture quality on m9+, and I saw a friends simple digital camera, I concluded phone are not for photographs or videos,

U might not need a DSLR if u ve got a z5 or s6 edge
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
ollah1:

U might not need a DSLR if u ve got a z5 or s6 edge

Alright, z5 and S6 edge no go zoom pass there lenses. And their flash light no go flash pass z1 and s2 own
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Jazzygrafix(m): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

My friend keep ur mout if u dont know what to say MTK Phones generaly have poor cameras, and i have confirmed that various phones have better camera tan that of most digital cameras of about 30k

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
Jazzygrafix:

My friend keep ur mout if u dont know what to say MTK Phones generaly have poor cameras, and i have confirmed that various phones have better camera tan that of most digital cameras of about 30k

All I know is phone will be phones and camera will be camera
Which 30k phone camera is better a camera.. When u zoom in and also night pictures...
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by tegak10: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dam5reey:

Its not a about RAM on paper..
That determine the total app u can run at a time
1. Its all about Free Ram after the systems ram usage..
2. The Cached background processes the app uses..

I have a Y4 1 GB RAM it runs more than 10 background processes with about 400MB Free.. to accommodate more apps in background...

That was an illustration... U dont expect to run 10 heavy apps on ur y4 now
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 11:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
tegak10:

That was an illustration... U dont expect to run 10 heavy apps on ur y4 now

Sure, but C8 can't even do 3 that's d concern.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 5:24am On Oct 18, 2015
I think what tecno did was to make the c8 pictures more colourful and nothing more. I took my c8 to a wedding yesterday and took some pictures. I was disappointed in the pictures. The grains in them are worse than I have ever seen.. Note also that I tried using the camon c8 to upload this pictures but I kept getting the low memory notification on chrome and Firefox. The last phone that gave me such issues while uploading pix on the Web was tecno n3 which was my first Android phone. Since then I have used several 1gb Android phones without this issue happening

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by lukmoore: 6:45am On Oct 18, 2015
You bought a phone for 26k and you're expecting it to have a camera you can compare to very expensive phones isiokay. The multitasking problem of the camon c8 has nothing to do with the ram, its caused by a memory leak bug in the Android 5.0.2 used in this phone...a fix has already been created but we need root access, another solution would be for tecno to provide us an update to android 5.1.1 a guy confirmed that they have the tecno c8's stock rom at carlcare we can root this thing if anyone could just get us the stock rom from carlcare.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by supersam95(m): 8:23am On Oct 18, 2015
ollah1:

You can't multitask flawlessly with 1GB ram talk more of 512MB on Android. Do u think Google is stupid to have 2GB upwards on their Nexii?
shut up shut it up ahhhh which kind person u be self u no even know anything u just saying rubbish ..ram is the only thing making a phone to multitask ....when I was using the 512 ram phones I enjoyed multi tasking far more than now that am using camon c8 of 1 gig ram ...I hav used tecno m5 of 1 gig ram too I know what am talking abt ...the problem with this fone is the over aggressive ram management the tweaked into the phone......if u study the phone closely the ram doesn't exceed 780 ram once it get to maybe 780 it closes most background apps running ....If yours ever reaches 800mb pls let us know ...and mr ollah plsss get understand things very well b4 u start misleading those that does hav the knowledge we discussing....... no offenses

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (136) (Reply)

How To Write Colored Text On Facebook / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.