Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion (46400 Views)

Swansea City Confirms Sacking Of Paul Clement / Iheanacho First Hattrick / Man City Confirms Kelechi Iheanacho’s First Team Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by jidebaba69(m): 9:23am On Aug 09, 2015
emorse:

Taiye Taiwo was the third best player in that tournament. Obasi was brilliant. Ibrahim Affelay (made a big-money move to barca afterwards), Ryan Babel (went to Liverpool afterwards), Filipe Luis, Fernando Llorente, Raphael, Ezequel Garay, Fernando Gago to name a few were prominent features of that tournament. A good number of them kept their playing positions yet only a few of them have been as successful as Mikel. Cut the lad some slack. Its not easy to play top level football in any capacity for ten years stretch. Not everyone can be like the Messis and Ronaldos of this world.

This is not to say Mikel is as good as he could have ever been. A bit of hard work from him can still make him better. Blaming Mourinho is just misplaced in my opinion.

So who do you want to blame?
I think Mourinho is the most selfish and despotic managers around.
He has ruined a good many players in his mad desire to win. He forgets about the human factor in football.
Look at Mohammed Salah he snatched him from his club used and dumped him. What about Matic who he dumped early in his career with Chelsea then some coach picked him up and made him shine. Mourinho shamelessly bought him again! Curadado all of a sudden is not good also Kevin de Bruyne too.
As far as I am concerned he is responsible for Mikel's career even though part of the blame goes to Mikel because he just refused to improve on his attacking ability. I can't imagine why he is so content being such a timid player.
I'm really sad for him because he could have been a mega star like Messi.

1 Like

Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by emorse(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2015
jidebaba69:

So who do you want to blame?
I think Mourinho is the most selfish and despotic managers around.
He has ruined a good many players in his mad desire to win. He forgets about the human factor in football.
Look at Mohammed Salah he snatched him from his club used and dumped him. What about Matic who he dumped early in his career with Chelsea then some coach picked him up and made him shine. Mourinho shamelessly bought him again! Curadado all of a sudden is not good also Kevin de Bruyne too.
As far as I am concerned he is responsible for Mikel's career even though part of the blame goes to Mikel because he just refused to improve on his attacking ability. I can't imagine why he is so content being such a timid player.
I'm really sad for him because he could have been a mega star like Messi.
No na. Mourinho bought him injured in 2009. He had recovered but had not gained match fitness in 2010 when Mourinho left to Inter. He was sold to Benfica in 2011 by Scolari and not by Mourinho. Ozil, Modric, Sneijder,, Essien, Milito, are a few names who shone brightly under Mourinho but not as much afterwards. Mikel's destiny, like everyone else's, is in his own hands. Not Mourinho's.
Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by jidebaba69(m): 10:38am On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=emorse post=36766037]
No na. Mourinho bought him injured in 2009. He had recovered but had not gained match fitness in 2010 when Mourinho left to Inter. He was sold to Benfica in 2011 by Scolari and not by Mourinho. Ozil, Modric, Sneijder,, Essien, Milito, are a few names who shone brightly under Mourinho but not as much afterwards. Mikel's destiny, like everyone else's, is in his own hands. Not Mourinho's.[/quote

Well he is getting to the end of career. That is his path. We will look ahead for a Nigerian Messi.
Nice talking to you.
Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:55am On Aug 09, 2015
emorse:

No na. Mourinho bought him injured in 2009. He had recovered but had not gained match fitness in 2010 when Mourinho left to Inter. He was sold to Benfica in 2011 by Scolari and not by Mourinho. Ozil, Modric, Sneijder,, Essien, Milito, are a few names who shone brightly under Mourinho but not as much afterwards. Mikel's destiny, like everyone else's, is in his own hands. Not Mourinho's.
guy mourinho chelsea first tenure was 2004-2007, by 2009 mourinho is already at inter Milan so he was not the one that bought and sold Matic.
Though am not exenorating mourinho from d point u raised
Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by emorse(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
onyeomaonyeoma:
guy mourinho chelsea first tenure was 2004-2007, by 2009 mourinho is already at inter Milan so he was not the one that bought and sold Matic.
Though am not exenorating mourinho from d point u raised
Yeah ur right. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by emorse(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
jidebaba69:
Well he is getting to the end of career. That is his
path. We will look ahead for a Nigerian Messi.
Nice talking to you.
I hope Iheanacho will go that far. Nice talking to you too. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
jidebaba69:

Anything is possible but if his creative ability was nurtured he might have been playing for Real Madrid.
If you watched Mikel during the 2005 u 20 world cup he was a fantastic attacking midfielder. But Mourinho turned him into the most timid and boring defensive midfielder. In fact he one of the only midfielders in the league that doesn't score goals. Just a dire boring player that spends most of time shinning the bench.
What a waste.

I think we can stop blaming Mourinho now, even though it is true, what you said about him. Fact is Mikel STILL has the ability to be a great attacking midfielder, but is simply not taking the steps to move to a club where he can show his ability.

Did you watch Nigeria v Spain at the last Confederations Cup?

Mikel was the best player on the pitch in my view. Playing as an attacking midfielder, he completely dominated the midfield against the then world champions.

So he still has it.

1 Like

Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by jidebaba69(m): 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
ROSSIKE:

I think we can stop blaming Mourinho now, even though it is true, what you said about him. Fact is Mikel STILL has the ability to be a great attacking midfielder, but is simply not taking the steps to move to a club where he can show his ability.

Did you watch Nigeria v Spain at the last Confederations Cup?

Mikel was the best player on the pitch in my view. Playing as an attacking midfielder, he completely dominated the midfield against the then world champions.

So he still has it.

For his sake, let's hope so...but I won't hold my breath.. grin
Re: Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
emorse:

Have you forgotten so soon that you shared the same sentiments with Nduka and co? You wanted him to go to Benfica and develop instead of "chasing money". I remember clearly that we argued extensively at that time. I remember cos it was a very sound and constructive argument which is difficult to have in Nairaland these days. No change mouth o! lol
You are making a mistake. I said Man City is a good choice because of Pellegrini's history with creative midfielders. I even posted pictures of Pellegrini with Riquelme, Nasri and Silva. Funny Nacho is now a striker. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wilson Oruma Loses N1.2 Billion To A Pastor & Fake Oil Business / Nigerians Blast Victor Moses For Not Making Chelsea Bench After Dumping Nigeria / Manchester City Players Salaries 2022 – Weekly Wages 2021/22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.