Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

[Photo]Cisco Snr. Ntwrk & Datacnter Engr. On Trip To S.africa For Netwrk Dplymnt - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / [Photo]Cisco Snr. Ntwrk & Datacnter Engr. On Trip To S.africa For Netwrk Dplymnt (4234 Views)

My Trip To Owu Waterfall, Kwara State (photos) / In Need Of Info On Trip To Liberia / 97 Nigerians Deported From South Africa For Various Offences Arrive In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: [Photo]Cisco Snr. Ntwrk & Datacnter Engr. On Trip To S.africa For Netwrk Dplymnt by hammed71(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2019
Chikko:
This thread got old and was not updated over the years as I got more involved with additional responsibilities and deployment travels. my apologies. This Trip is about a deployment in Manila, Philippines. I may need to update the Title. bear with me please.
Since my last trip to SA, years ago, I have directed deployment of unified computing systems across various geographical regions for various clients represented by my consulting firm. My last deployment in Nigeria, early this year, but unfortunately I could not write much about it. The trip was quite challenging due to infrastructural limitations, such as power, bandwidth/committed information rates/costs, traffic issues to get to meetings on schedule. Nigeria was fun, nonetheless.

As noted in the original intro, I will discuss general Networking technologies I'm involved in without specifics to my current project to confidentiality agreements. I am currently in the Philippines on a similar project.

Food: If there are any NL readers in the Manila Metro area, please msg me on the good places to get some Nigerian dishes if any. I will write and discuss my trip/visit as it pertains to visiting the Philippines for other intending travelers.

Getting here: I departed from the Eastern US, and transited via Tokyo, japan and then onto manila. The trip was uneventful for the most part,
we did come across some rough air across the south China sea about 2hrs into the 4hr flight. The turbulence lasted about 15 minutes, but of course, it felt like it lasted longer. That part of the route is typically choppy due to the cross winds. I was picked up at the Manila airport by a car arranged by the client. Check in at the Hotel was pretty smooth and cool.

Note of Advice to those Network Engineers and those pursuing that career path. Do not relent, but please add Cloud computing to your repertoire. That is the evolution in the industry now. Everything is geared towards the 'Cloud' for now, specifically AWS, Azzure, and Goggle Cloud. There are other smaller players as well. This current trip involves a lot of AWS integration to a global WAN.

I will update more, got to get some sleep now.
Welcome back, please I have a question, I have comptia A+ certification but my degree is not computer science related(Arts) can I get a work permit or visa sponsorship abroad with just comptia A+ cert?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In Prince Edward Island Lets Talk Here / Adorable Photos Of Airplane Shape Restaurant In Turkey. / Airbus Or Boeing Aircrafts, Which Is Better And Safer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.