Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks (59391 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics) / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by dyadeleye(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2015
im using access bank and we do have the deposit Machine....
na where u waka reach, na there you go sabi reach...lol

veekid:
e no new to me jor

u can deposit more than 10,000 contrary to what the op said, the machine is not even ATM, na deposit machine dem dey call am cos it can't dispense, it has been programmed only to deposit and not to dispense.

na only GTB get am sha
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by rastle(m): 9:58am On Aug 06, 2015
First bank have it too, and im aware you can deposit up to 40k per transaction on FBN and using your ATM card to perform the transaction(this time, its not transfer, you have to select deposit), there is no any risk involved that is diff from the risk on cash withdrawal, i am an ATM Engr.

1 Like

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by favourmic(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2015
Wow my country is improving, I have been using this since 2010 outside the country, have been waiting for Nigeria to use this ATM deposit cos it far better than long que in the bank, and its fast nice one
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by sage2(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2015
@OP, this is not a recent thing. I can't remember the last time I made over-the-counter deposit in a bank. I bank with GTBank and has been using this for quite some time. It is a good thing that it is now in your area.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by MrDoGood(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:
There new method of depositing cash in Banks is either the use of ATM.
I witnessed this last week Friday at a GTBank and the practice has not stopped.
But I don't think other banks have started this.

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

* After this, the machine will credit the account of the receiver.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

I knew about it around mid last year. It's cool but it's not in most cities. I've only used it in lagos but have also seen it in abuja.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by blessingee: 10:01am On Aug 06, 2015
This shows how un-informed the Nigerian public is...This machine has been in use for over two years, i personally use the one at GT head office at Akin Adesola or Oyin Jolayemi for deposits, am usually not bothered about bank closure, as long as i have N1,000 notes, am good to go, but the notes must be neat sha, it usually rejects bad notes
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Daresh(f): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

Don't ask me or anyone that shares info like the one you quoted insulting question?
I lived in your decade.
If you v known about this since 2 years ago, it's a shame you v not shared it online

Where's the insult in my question? i asked where you've been since that you just know atms accept cash. Own up to your naivety its not a crime.

Some of us don't live online.

1 Like

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2015
Stale gist , almost all banks have deposit ATM, its safe, since you get to confirm the customers account before depositing, it also keep trails of your transaction. So issues can be resolved .Abeg, op don't scare people, lets embrace technology. I am yet to see a Nigerian bank without a deposit ATM in its Head office location.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by adadadon(m): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

u can deposit more than 10,000 contrary to what the op said, the machine is not even ATM, na deposit machine dem dey call am cos it can't dispense, it has been programmed only to deposit and not to dispense.

na only GTB get am sha
Most banks have it
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by khassy(m): 10:06am On Aug 06, 2015
misspicy:

Asin UBA is d worst bank so far...gosh their service is so slow...

they only bank they are better than is Savannah bank undecided

1 Like

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2015
Daresh:

Where's the insult in my question? i asked where you've been since that you just know atms accept cash. Own up to your naivety its not a crime.

Some of us don't live online.
you asked me which decade I live?
and if you ain't naive, you ll know that online news is a fast means of reaching lots of people
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by ogbanje1(f): 10:10am On Aug 06, 2015
Nice. I can deposit 500 naira and press 5k as the amount I deposited. After all, the ATM cannot recognize the different naira notes.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by chuksmad(m): 10:10am On Aug 06, 2015
Too long a process and still risky.

For practical knowledge of basic html and css coding with Dreamweaver, visit www.prislaw.com
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by anigold(m): 10:10am On Aug 06, 2015
The problem is that i dont even have 100% trust for Nigerian atms.
Its wise if you are making deposit of your money into your account.

I wont advise to use this method for third parties deposit.. If not you will speak all the grammers you know with the bank officials if something goes wrong...
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

it's very good and save, I use it almost everyday.. u can use it to save even 200k but the amount it can collect once is 20k..if ur money is not neatly arrange, it will eject it and u have to rearrange... U can use it to credit other bank account.... It's in Forte oil in mushin
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by ruggedtimi(m): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2015
is an old trend..i used it in barclays bank ghana, since 2011
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by oseo1(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2015
It's been around for well over 2 years, GTbank and first bank both have them and you can deposit up to 50 notes at once, so 50k for 1000 Naira notes and 25k for 500. U can do it as many times as u like though so in reality they is no limit to the deposits.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by idupaul: 10:13am On Aug 06, 2015
Where have U been? You called this new?
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by UniqueGem(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

na only GTB get am sha
Access bank has it too. Been using it in Unilag.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by sage2(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2015
blessingee:
This shows how un-informed the Nigerian public is...This machine has been in use for over two years, i personally use the one at GT head office at Akin Adesola or Oyin Jolayemi for deposits, am usually not bothered about bank closure, as long as i have N1,000 notes, am good to go, but the notes must be neat sha, it usually rejects bad notes

I was equally surprised that someone came up with this. But we must also not always look at things from our own narrow perspective. It has nothing to with the level of information. I guess you and I only got to know about it when we got to use it. Even in Lagos, this machines are not everywhere. Some banks probably don't even have any installed.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by litaninja(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Deposit ATMs? are you a learner?
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by udysweet(f): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Abg d tin dey tire pesn sometimes jo,I'd witnessed one at gtb close to agunlejika. D machines rejects som money evn tho d atm jus dispensed it. If ur gonna deposit it must be crispy note or close if not u will spend a longtime der. Lik for example u want to deposit 10k jus hold extra 5k notes to be interchanging. I had to go bak upstairs to d tellers to hav dem change for me. Wat of dos days banks don't work lik sat and sun and u need to send mony?
Overall I tink its a gud idea except for those glitches dat needs to be adressed. And I tink its limited to some centres,weda dey call dem mobile branches or e branches,somtn lik dat sha
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by bejeria101(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Uba started it nt gt bank
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 06, 2015
This stuff is not new na.... I used this with first bank as far back as 2011. Nawa for some people. And some one said that GT Bank initiated it.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by bigiyaro(m): 10:18am On Aug 06, 2015
@op its not a new method o, its a cash retraction enabled atm, first bank has been using it for a long time before now, though its nt reliable from my xperience
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by pimplucious: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2015
I first saw this process of depositing cash in bank in 2006 in Nationwide Bank, Manchester.

10 years later we are seeing it in Nigeria. That is to say, Nigeria is 10yrs behind in technology? Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by orgasm(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2015
First bank started atm deposit. Has been on for over 2 years now
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:

Note:
Last Bullet

I saw the machine in GT-Bank Magodo branch in Lagos 2014 February when i came to Nigeria
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 06, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

na only GTB get am sha
I used it in first bank,ede,osun state for that matter in 2013...Been in existence for long..Used GTB own in ojodu-berger last month....So,its nt a new technology...
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by missKiffy(f): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2015
khassy:
UBA bank no fit get this kind tin

usele.ss bank undecidedundecided
Lol cheesy
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by kevoh(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2015
To those pessimists discouraging others saying it's risky, there are glitches bla bla bla, unlike Religion, technology can be improved over and over again to overcome such risks and glitches till it gives a near 100% satisfaction rate.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by teryorluv(f): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2015
datguru:
Innovative if you ask me. Not like one yeye thing called self services in firstbank, very boring. They will ask you to stamp your teller by yourself using their machine, then drop it inside a leather and cast it on something that looks like ballot box, not conforming the account number or teller for errors. At the end of the day, you are lucky and correctly filled your teller you will get a credit alert by 2 am midnight
First bank na one yeye Old generation bank, exactly wah I saw d last time I went there. I have to be asking them questions ooo because they didn't confirm anything in d teller and was depositing a large amount and they said the team will confirm them and if there is any prob d depositor wil be contacted. If one need instant service forget First Bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Money Ritual Theory. Is The Money Involved Printed By CBN? / How To Transfer Money Through ATM Without PIN / Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.