Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks (59387 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics) / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by teryorluv(f): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2015
Its a good innovation but still prefer e-banking, the queue that wil b on d machine won't be funny. So its better to safe your time and stress
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by teamchocolate: 10:56am On Aug 06, 2015
Gtbank!!! The most innovative bank in Nigeria... proudly GT... cool cool grin grin
veekid:
e no new to me jor

u can deposit more than 10,000 contrary to what the op said, the machine is not even ATM, na deposit machine dem dey call am cos it can't dispense, it has been programmed only to deposit and not to dispense.

na only GTB get am sha
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by agent9(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2015
I neva bliv....
Show us d machine
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Machiny: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2015
As much as this is a welcome development..it still call for further reasoning.Robot is entering our systems,whereby needing less human hands.means more unemployment
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Oba22: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2015
It is Available in Firstbank as well.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by mooremedia: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

u can deposit more than 10,000 contrary to what the op said, the machine is not even ATM, na deposit machine dem dey call am cos it can't dispense, it has been programmed only to deposit and not to dispense.

na only GTB get am sha
who said deposit machine's can't dispense cash......Maybe the one in Gt bank.But Usually deposit machines dispense cash as well as they collect.Get your facts right.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by zheroes(m): 11:35am On Aug 06, 2015
scribespad:
Highly risky, especially in Nigeria where things are easily swept under the carpet. 10,000 naira is not too much though, anything more than that may be going overboard.
what part of the planet are you guys responding from? this is old news na, i thought you wanted to tell me that you can deposit cheques via ATM? besides what risk, you get your alert instanta. even if the network fails simply go to the branch in charge of the ATM , YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY SAME DAY. ITS BEEN A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!!
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 06, 2015
i dont think i will try this yet...
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by zheroes(m): 11:37am On Aug 06, 2015
mooremedia:

who said deposit machine's can't dispense cash......Maybe the one in Gt bank.But Usually deposit machines dispense cash as well as they collect.Get your facts right.
I guess the gtbank ATM doesn't. it only accepts cash bro
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 06, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

na only GTB get am sha
stop generalizing! i have been using this same machine @ first bank wuse zone 4 branch abuja, and for ur info, the machine can dispense and accept deposit.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Prinz15(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
Not all d banks. Access bank n Gtb
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by zonax(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
It's been on since the beginning of the year.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by kliq(m): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:
There new method of depositing cash in Banks is either the use of ATM.
I witnessed this last week Friday at a GTBank and the practice has not stopped.
But I don't think other banks have started this.

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

* After this, the machine will credit the account of the receiver.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

This has been around since last year,mostly found in GTB's ATM galleries...though I don't bank with GT.....it's really nice as you can deposit any time of the day and even weekends.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by sunsewa: 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Saw it last year at GTB Agulejika bus stop,before cele bustop oshodi apapa expressway,very good especially for families and students needs.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by kalybaly: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
It's not very new... But most people are now learning from this. Thanks to the OP who took his precious time and convert this to writing. Kudos
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
scribespad:
Highly risky, especially in Nigeria where things are easily swept under the carpet. 10,000 naira is not too much though, anything more than that may be going overboard.

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by olaboy001(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

na only GTB get am sha
Not only GTB my oga.....
First Bank is using the machine also
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Whizpeter(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
Osyxcel:
This has been on for a time now, and the service is only offered by GTBank, not all banks, so the title is misleading.

Anyway, I prefer to give my money to a human teller and not a machine teller than can malfunction. I don't machines that much yet.

Sir, sorry to burst your bubble, I bank with Access Bank and they've got a deposit machine I use... First bank have also got in a couple of their branch... No be only GTBank dey 21st Century...
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Hallenjay: 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

Gtb has been using it since last year and is secure cos u get alert immediately u finished d process... I use it tru out my stay in pH last year but Neva meet it somewhere else
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Osyxcel(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
Whizpeter:

Sir, sorry to burst your bubble, I bank with Access Bank and they've got a deposit machine I use... First bank have also got in a couple of their branch... No be only GTBank dey 21st Century...

Lol, Well, I never knew... Only knew of that of GTB. Thank You.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by lexy2014: 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:

Note:
Last Bullet

bros which part of nigeria do u reside?
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by lexy2014: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
Osyxcel:
This has been on for a time now, and the service is only offered by GTBank, not all banks, so the title is misleading.

Anyway, I prefer to give my money to a human teller and not a machine teller than can malfunction. I don't machines that much yet.
am aware access bank also has it. am sure one or two others too.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
lexy2014:
bros which part of nigeria do u reside?
shebi you know that this thread is not for ITKs like you. there are millions of Nigerians who are yet to hear or see the news.
Last Bullet
blame your ancestors for not making you to share the news online where you can easily read very millions of people.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Osyxcel(m): 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
lexy2014:
am aware access bank also has it. am sure one or two others too.

Okay, Thank You
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by jamesharryson(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
First Bank in Aba has it. Most of their major branches like Ehi Road, Faulks road and MCC junction umungasi.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by dquantom: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
Access bank has it. Saw one yesterday at their Olu obasanjo branch in port harcourt
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:

Note:
Last Bullet

Is dat code 0000 d general code 4 all banks or is customized?

And do u mean wen i type d code 0000 d deposite icon wil jst show up without inserting my Card?
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by abimbawealth(f): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
E don tey na, I think FBN started it...
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
Kisses4rmDxtanx:

Is dat code 0000 d general code 4 all banks or is customized?

And do u mean wen i type d code 0000 d deposite icon wil jst show up without inserting my Card?
ATM card is not needed. you ll load in raw cash.
the general code of GTBank is 0000.
I don't know for other banks
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by lexy2014: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:
shebi you know that this thread is not for ITKs like you. there are millions of Nigerians who are yet to hear or see the news.
Last Bullet
blame your ancestors for not making you to share the news online where you can easily read very millions of people.
tnx 4d complements. i really appreciate. if u have more pls share. kindly look thru d responses 2 your post and c if those who didnt no of d innovation are in d majority. so am sure u can also spare some of your ITK tag 4 them 2. am sure u have a lot in stock. then lastly, pls learn 2 answer simple questions in a simple and concise way. love u my brother
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

na only GTB get am sha

And First Bank too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Money Ritual Theory. Is The Money Involved Printed By CBN? / How To Transfer Money Through ATM Without PIN / Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.