Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks (59388 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics) / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by usoroh2003: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:
There new method of depositing cash in Banks is either the use of ATM.
I witnessed this last week Friday at a GTBank and the practice has not stopped.
But I don't think other banks have started this.

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

* After this, the machine will credit the account of the receiver.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

I hv been using it here @ Uyo with First Bank
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by mitchyy(f): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
It's not new , neither is it exclusive to GTB. Access bank has an e-centre with 2 deposit ATMs in ajah. But trust Nigerians, most of us prefer the hand to hand deposit to avoid stories
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:
ATM card is not needed. you ll load in raw cash.
the general code of GTBank is 0000.
I don't know for other banks

K
Tnx
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
lexy2014:
tnx 4d complements. i really appreciate. if u have more pls share. kindly look thru d responses 2 your post and c if those who didnt no of d innovation are in d majority. so am sure u can also spare some of your ITK tag 4 them 2. am sure u have a lot in stock. then lastly, pls learn 2 answer simple questions in a simple and concise way. love u my brother
na you sabi
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by lasurjunior(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
This method isn't new to me...i used it in 2013 in Abuja. One of the ATM machines at Arab junction adjacent Peace park in Jabi performs this operation in Abuja.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by lexy2014: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:
na you sabi
u are 2 much
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by chikzyet(f): 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Access bank at ikotun also does dat,no b only GTB.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Daresh(f): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

you asked me which decade I live?
and if you ain't naive, you ll know that online news is a fast means of reaching lots of people

Why in the world do I need to reach ppl? Am I CNN?
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
Daresh:

Why in the world do I need to reach ppl? Am I CNN?
you are myopic in thinking.
sharing info doesn't turn you to a media house.
Jump start your oblongata
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by hordy(m): 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
e no go work 4 we country coz of jangbajatis network
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by ColeworldMD(m): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Risky and unsafe fo naw..I prefer to go inside the bank..please..I don't like stories that touches the heart

Brave urself, the era of tech is here.. Word on the street is some ppl been think say GSM na jazz too
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by mrajims(m): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
steffans:
Is that new?

Its been on for some time...

Most first bank branches have at least one ATM for depositing

Nigerians dont use that option at all...
i witness it at firstbank
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by dearestsewa(f): 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
Poster just come Lagos? First Bank has been doing ATM Deposits siiiiiiiince when? Tooor! ba damua. Enjoy your 'new' discovery.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Bamz(m): 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
steffans:
Is that new?

Its been on for some time...

Most first bank branches have at least one ATM for depositing

Nigerians dont use that option at all...

My brother uses it. He's a Nigerian.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Roadmap27(m): 12:39am On Aug 07, 2015
Yes it's real I have witness dat! But all I know is soon banks will require lesser workers in their operation n only much needed staff would be standard security @ d ATM stand, bet it dis would lead to sacking of numerous bankers n cause more unemployment across d federation
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Timbuktu14(m): 12:51am On Aug 07, 2015
jcmaiah:
What are they paying the tellers for? Na them go collect my money!
And u go dey queue tire! Olodo grin
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by okonja(m): 1:37am On Aug 07, 2015
I have been using it at my dear Access bank branch in Mararaba since February this year cool, while the GTBank at Karu joined around May this year which I also used it once....the First bank adjacent to the GTBank also has it.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 07, 2015
Timbuktu14:
And u go dey queue tire! Olodo grin
You are fool! Imbecilic slowpoke!
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Timbuktu14(m): 9:09am On Aug 07, 2015
jcmaiah:

You are fool! Imbecilic slowpoke!
:oI shocked will come back to issue a response the moment your English takes a new dimension. grin grin
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
Timbuktu14:
:oI shocked will come back to issue a response the moment your English takes a new dimension. grin grin
When it comes to grammar you are no where close. If you had been knowledgeable, you did know what is called typo error! Aturu!
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Maryalex1805(f): 11:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
veekid:
e no new to me jor

u can deposit more than 10,000 contrary to what the op said, the machine is not even ATM, na deposit machine dem dey call am cos it can't dispense, it has been programmed only to deposit and not to dispense.

na only GTB get am sha
Its in access bank, lagos road, ikorodu
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by xmt(m): 8:41am On Aug 08, 2015
How can 'only GTB get am'?

FirstBank has been using deposit ATMs for ages...

veekid:
e no new to me jor

u can deposit more than 10,000 contrary to what the op said, the machine is not even ATM, na deposit machine dem dey call am cos it can't dispense, it has been programmed only to deposit and not to dispense.

na only GTB get am sha
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Daresh(f): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2015
You're backward, accept it.

Where do u live sef?

tongue

Dindondin:

you are myopic in thinking.
sharing info doesn't turn you to a media house.
Jump start your oblongata
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 10:21am On Aug 08, 2015
Daresh:
You're backward, accept it.

Where do u live sef?

tongue

If them born you well, challenge me to a debate.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Daresh(f): 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Get a life retard cool

Dindondin:

If them born you well, challenge me to a debate.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Daresh:
Get a life retard cool

I vote a life that functions well.
it's you that should pack up your ass and get a life.
A coward like you that claims to know it all but runs from debate
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Daresh(f): 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
Dindondin:

I vote a life that functions well.
it's you that should pack up your ass and get a life.
A coward like you that claims to know it all but runs from debate

Pray tell, what are we debating? That I didn't come online to tell you ATM collects cash? You know know road? Abi you just enter Lagos?

Dude get a job and a life and debate more sensible things.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
Daresh:

Pray tell, what are we debating? That I didn't come online to tell you ATM collects cash? You know know road? Abi you just enter Lagos?

Dude get a job and a life and debate more sensible things.
you are daft
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Daresh(f): 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
Dindondin:

you are daft

Look who's talking. Living under a rock for over 2 years open your mouth that someone is daft. Dumb @ss cheesy
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
Daresh:

Look who's talking. Living under a rock for over 2 years open your mouth that someone is daft. Dumb @ss cheesy
cry baby.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by blessedfavoured: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
scribespad:
Highly risky, especially in Nigeria where things are easily swept under the carpet. 10,000 naira is not too much though, anything more than that may be going overboard.

not that risky, it swallowed my 20k without posting one time, but gtb sent themoney to the receiver next morning. like 5 mins after i went to complain.
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by grandstar(m): 2:11am On Dec 02, 2016
veekid:
e no new to me jor

na only GTB get am sha

Access Bank has at their Ojota branch.

First Bank has at their CMD road branch Shangisha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Money Ritual Theory. Is The Money Involved Printed By CBN? / How To Transfer Money Through ATM Without PIN / Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.