Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Foreign Media Contents Is Destroying Our Economy-waysforward And Inputs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Media Contents Is Destroying Our Economy-waysforward And Inputs (411 Views)

Foreign Media Descends On Buhari For Killing Biafrans - BBC Leads The Way. / PDP: Niger Delta Avengers Destroying Our Economy / Why Buhari Interacts More With Foreign Media – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Media Contents Is Destroying Our Economy-waysforward And Inputs by hayzed14(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2015
We are at a time when our Economy is at the centre of almost all discussions in Nigeria, the people are becoming more conscious of it and its development which I see as a good sign to our Democracy. When you walk past the busy streets of Lagos, be it by bus, by foot or sometimes in front of a newspaper vendor, we hear criticism on politics, on government, entertainment and in sport about who is doing the right thing and who is not, about what is right and what is not. Its all as a result of our increased conciousness for the state of our beloved country.
Presently our economy is being damaged by a whole lot of things like; corruption, mismanagement, low level of exportation of refined goods, declining education structure and policies but nobody is talking much about the declining promotion of Local Media Content and development in the country, and its effect on our economy. We crave for the promotion of foreign media contents and describe our own as under developed, and they come in different forms and packages, for example; the T.V. satellites (D.S.T.V., GO.T.V., MY.T.V.) which in them contains varieties of channels and programs which we will never be able to watch all on a sitting and sometimes we get confused about what to watch and which is of higher preference to the other. On D.S.T.V. there is a channel called Discovery World, its so educative and entertaining that I picked it out as my favourite and lest I forget, Al Jazeera, they both are my favourite. This stations are educative and many Nigerians love to watch them, so when I begin to give an hint on there disadvantages some people may say, "ooh this writer is Mad". But sincerely speaking they have disadvantages and advantages, and their disadvantages in total, including other forms of Media contents, collectively affects our economy.
Its a common fashion trend to dress in suits (suit up) and in different casual "brands" of western clothing for different occasions, as seen on the foreign media and has lead to the increasing abandonment of our cultural and traditional wears, which as a result, has destroyed our textile and fashion industries because we don't know to make the foreign brands. Its not our craft.
Most Nigerians wish they could leave the shores of Africa and reside in places like America, Britain or France after seeing a glimpse of this places on media, they fall in love with their dishes, accessories, products and life style, they then want to import this foreign values and expense of there economy, which has lead to importation of so many unwanted goods.

(1) (Reply)

Comment Of The Day By Eugenedimgba / The Place Of The Party In Our Politics / IT Firm Denies Receiving N78 Million For Fashola’s Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.