Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters (37614 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC / SSA To Saraki, Omishore Lied In His Tweet About El-Rufai - Olatunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by pimplucious: 8:41am On Aug 07, 2015
Did anyone notice how in the passport his name was spelt "Olybikola" instead of Olubukola?
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2015
q

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Hypertekhomeboy(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2015
I don't think our constitution allows someone with a dual citizenship to contest an election in Nigeria . You must denounce one for the other. You can't be a Nigerian and a Briton to hold a key position in our Govt.

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by ijbeauty(f): 8:45am On Aug 07, 2015
chukwudi44:

Saraki is no in any mess.This is no case.

Your opinion sir
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by sampaiolukap(m): 8:46am On Aug 07, 2015
Can you Point out the " Maamo" in dis Issue
simplynola:
Mase logun maamo - "Don't do it" is the medicine for "Don't get exposed"
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by JW214: 8:46am On Aug 07, 2015
There is no part of this form where he was asked if he has any other nationality. The question here is do you voluntarily aquire any other nationality and the answer is NO or did you change your nationality in the past and the answer is NO because there is no record so far that he has change being a Nigerian to a South African.

As at the time of his birth he is a British by reason of his birth on British soil and not by naturalization. So he didn't voluntarily obtain this nationality. At birth he holds dual nationality which is not a crime in Nigeria or Britain.

Another question is can someone with Dual nationality hold such political office, if that is No, then Fayemi, who hold british nationality and Tinubu, Ajimobi and co who still hold USA citizenship as at when they were governors are guilty of this same crime.

Simple!

3 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by datigbogirl: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2015
Enki40:
Alright. But something really baffles me, I wonder why all these revelations are only coming to the fore after he had a disagreement with the APC chieftains. Should we assume they knew all these about him all this while, but have been concealing it? Does that mean there are many other crooks in government whose identities and atrocities are being concealed?

If you don't know all this then it means you're either a "Learner" or someway related to "Awilo Logomba".
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by dustydee: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2015
On the basis of the evidences presented, Saraki has no case to answer. His responses, though evasive, cannot be held against him in the court of law as they are totally defensible. For example, he did no voluntarily accept the citizenship of another country neither did he change his nationality.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 07, 2015
-
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by XKZ(m): 8:50am On Aug 07, 2015
pimplucious:
Did anyone notice how in the passport his name was spelt "Olybikola" instead of Olubukola?

Hmmm...
In other words, he can claim it's not his passport?

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by tekslee: 8:52am On Aug 07, 2015
I see d fingers of d jagaban,
Loyalty is key and I doubt Sara kiss loyalty
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 07, 2015
claremont:
He was born in the UK and registered as a British citizen by birth. He does not need to swear allegiance to the Queen, only those who are British citizens by naturalisation require an allegiance. He was also fortunate to have been born to Nigerian parents, hence he is entitled to a Nigerian passport.

I don't understand what this debate is about, there are other burning issues that Sahara reporters should beam their searchlight on in my opinion.
But u refused to talk about his name and place of birth
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by odomanis: 8:53am On Aug 07, 2015
Saraki is a british citizen by birth, he never swore allegiance to uk. Saraki is also a Nigerian by virtue of his parents being Nigerian citizens. So he never changed his citizenship at anytime. Nigerian law allows dual citizenship. In that form,there was no question like do you enjoy any other citizenship apart from Nigerian so, you cant actually accuse him of concealing his UK citizenship.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Ephemmm: 8:54am On Aug 07, 2015
Enki40:
Alright. But something really baffles me, I wonder why all these revelations are only coming to the fore after he had a disagreement with the APC chieftains. Should we assume they knew all these about him all this while, but have been concealing it? Does that mean there are many other crooks in government whose identities and atrocities are being concealed?

He be like say you are new in Nigeria politics. Why does Buhari's issues of certificate came out in the forth time of contesting when defeat is evident? Was this not BUhari that has been contesting since the days of OBJ?
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by plux4: 8:55am On Aug 07, 2015
HungerBAD:
Perjury is a very serious offense and a ground for impeachment.

He might want to say, his aides filled out the forms, but the most important thing here is WHO SIGNED THE FORMS? Saraki, as long as you are the one that signed it.

Then you are guilty in the public court of opinion,of perjury. And all that needs to be done by the APC is to formally take you to court, where you will be be found guilty in the court of the land for perjury.

Ignorance, they say is not an excuse before the law. And that is why any Public Paper that can be requested for, has to be properly vetted before anybody should sign it.

APC let us do the needful, and kick this fraud out as the Senate President.

In my Grandmother's Voice. GOD DON CATCH AM.
kick out buhari first cuz they are guilty of the same offence.(perjury)
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by pimplucious: 8:59am On Aug 07, 2015
XKZ:

Hmmm...
In other words, he can claim it's not his passport?

U know what I mean
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by XKZ(m): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2015
yemaldo:

But u refused to talk about his name and place of birth

His name is a non issue. I have only my first name and surname on my birth certificate but I use 3 names on all other certificates and documentation. And a lot of Nigerians do the same, does that make us all pejurers?

As for his place of birth, look through the post, it has been dealt with exhaustively.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by bashydemy(m): 9:05am On Aug 07, 2015
likila:
Once your parents are Nigerians, you are a natural born citizen.
Just read the constitution.
You are right, But Why did he lied when they ask if he has ever been a citizen of another country?

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by sukkot: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2015
hahaha this guy na proper yoruba boy. Olubukola Adebisi Olabowale

claiming fulani since the time of adam

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by 4ifyomedon(m): 9:11am On Aug 07, 2015
Wahala dey.....I think some set of pple r paying SR to dig deep. Hunter will soon become the hunted
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Vicben(m): 9:11am On Aug 07, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

Is that why he deliberately misled INEC officials about the exact circumstances surrounding his birth?

INEC too is to be blamed in this case. It was wrong for them not to have asked Saraki to fill the form properly before accepting it. I'm thinking they both conspired to commit this crime.

3 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by ajebuter(f): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2015
APC turning its mouth piece, against its own!

I just love their rofo rofo fights

Oya, fight on

That's all they can do anyway, no vision, policy to impliment, or any change to bring. They got power but that is going to undo APC

Watching in D4
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Smooyis(m): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2015
Can we just employ these Sahara reporters into our DSS so we can always be privy to all confidential information. Or the govt should just partner with them and use them fairly to expose evils in the corridors of power.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by sukkot: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2015
chukwudi44:

exactly what I mean. Propaganda on the pages of newspapers or online publications do not win elections or impeach anyone. These people can continue publishing rubbish while Saraki continues to hold forth as the senate president
why you supporting a yoruba man. i thought you hated yorubas ? saraki is a yoruba man. Olubukola Adebisi Olabowale
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2015
Hypertekhomeboy:
I don't think our constitution allows someone with a dual citizenship to contest an election in Nigeria . You must denounce one for the other. You can't be a Nigerian and a Briton to hold a key position in our Govt.
It is perfectly legal. The constitution, and the Court of Appeal ruling in Ogbeide v Osula affirmed the legality of dual citizens (provided one has a Nigerian parent) holding elected office.

I know there are national security implications with such an arrangement; only a constitutional amendment can change it.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by sukkot: 9:20am On Aug 07, 2015
kaycid77:
YORUBER poeple are very wicked and GREEDY, they dont even want to leave the crumbs for you ,all they think is how to bring other people DOWN...but it these will backfire one day....they will wake up one day and found out that every other tribe have joined hand to destroy what they have stolen
shut your mouth there. yoruba is controlling this govt. lets do the tally. the top 5 positions in the country, 3 of them is yoruba and 1 is hausa and 1 is fulani.

1-president is buhari-fulani
2-vice president is osinbade - yoruba
3-senate president is saraki - yoruba
4-dogara - hausa
5- housepresident - gbajabiamila- yoruba

hahaha try yoruba and you will get slapped back to aba
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by dokiOloye(m): 9:20am On Aug 07, 2015
Xetima:

TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH JOURNALISM!!!!!

Not a fan of Saraki, but if this is all you can dig up against Saraki, PLEASE GET A LIFE!!!
Sahara reporters is finally making us know they are nothing but mere tools at d hand of certain elements.
Shameless pen for hire journalists.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by redsun(m): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2015
For that traitor to be the president of nigerian senathives clearly elaborates the height of the moral decadence in nigerian society. He is a proven thief that up till date hasn't given a single account of what he did with kwarans-nigerians funds as a governor,yet he is running the socalled senate.

Nigeria is a gangster paradise run by hearless gangsters like him.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by MrsAnyanwu(f): 9:28am On Aug 07, 2015
timilehin007:
My baby is one today...show some love people pls...
cute baby,God bless ur home,pls hope dat is not sachet water oooo,its not healthy for a youngster pls, boil her water nd put in her flask pls ,cheers ........... Back to d topic, I don't understand Nigeria, why would u lie or forge ur own nationality, abi I didn't read well ...

4 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Opiosko: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2015
Enki40:
I heard a good number of northerners are from Niger, Chad, etc. There are politicians and people in the military who claims to be from a so so town but does not have a known family tree. eg IBB is said to be one of such. They are using the Amajiri sys to scam us.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by alabiyemmy(m): 9:40am On Aug 07, 2015
Havent they heard of "dual citizenship"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After / James Ibori Bags Harvard Certificate (Photo) / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.