Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic (38534 Views)

Jonathan Built Only Federal University In Buhari’s State, Omokri Replies Garba / Dr. Ismaila Farouk Blasts Osinbajo; Says He’s No Saint / Doyin Okupe Blasts Critics Of Femi Adesina’s ‘wailing Wailers’ Christmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by chimere66: 7:21am On Feb 29, 2016
Former Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Dr. Doyin Okupe, on Sunday, described the recent statement credited to vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, that no new road has been built by government in the last ten years as "a lie and an absolute falsehood."

While expressing regrets that the statement was made in a church, Okupe, who stated this on his Facebook page, said that the church has a role to play in politics and that Osinbajo was wrong in assertion.

The former Presidential aide wrote that: “This is perhaps one of the most difficult posts I have made to date.”

“Prof Yemi Osinbajo and I have a few things in common. He is a professional in politics like me. He is a practising Christian and a revered Pastor. I am a practising christian and an aspiring Evangelist.”

“We both are alumni of Igbobi college, Yaba. Lagos. His younger brother and mine were classmates at Igbobi and are both pastors of the fountain of life church, Ilupeju, where I became grounded in Christianity under the mentorship of the celebrated and revered man of God, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya.”

“It was in this church and before a body of pastors undergoing a spiritual retreat that the Vice President went and said that the federal government in the last 10 years have not constructed a single new road.”

“This statement is a lie and an absolute falsehood. Many people have said so. But this is not why I am writing this. My concern is the erroneous assumption that just because the VP is a Christian therefore every christian is APC.”

“This why the VP’s statement is unfortunate in that it was a wrong statement made in a wrong place(church) and before a wrong audience.”

“The church must also be sensitive and mindful of the danger in bringing politics into the church. For Prof Osinbajo, if only he remembered the Igbobi college motto ” omnes unum in domino” meaning ” all are one in the Lord, he would not have committed such a blunder.”

“Our God is God of APC, PDP, Labour etc. Having said this the VP is someone I hold in very high esteem and he knows this. I am also proud of his role in this administration.”

Source:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1685983251661500&id=1425109977748830

18 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Mrfahaz(m): 7:24am On Feb 29, 2016
FTC at last.........lalasticlala I will email you my account details so you will send me my FTC entitlement....... FTC crew I know how u feel

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by legwa10(m): 7:24am On Feb 29, 2016
Politics shouldn't b done in the house of God coz it is a holy place

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by powerfulsettingz: 7:26am On Feb 29, 2016
APc toiling with the gullibility of Nigerians since arrival......... Shame

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by joseph1832(m): 7:27am On Feb 29, 2016
OP kindling add your source, or you can add the link to Okupe's facebook page.

Now, Doyin Okupe should have told us the roads Jonathan built because I didn't read him mention any.

This has always been the problem with people like Okupe, people say you didn't do something, you say they're lying, instead of you to show proof and expose their lies, you just say this and that and rant, because you can.

So Mr Okupe, go ahead and tell us the roads Jonathan built.

140 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by boboLIL(m): 7:28am On Feb 29, 2016
Osinbajo is a puppet.... No respect to God... No respect to church.. How can a pastor criticise someone in the church in the name of politics? End time sha...

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Oladimejyy(m): 7:30am On Feb 29, 2016
legwa10:
Politics shouldn't b done in the house of God coz it is a holy place
Does politician look like a pastor
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by dahaz(m): 7:30am On Feb 29, 2016
Okupe you have not said anything meaningful.I was expecting him to mention the roads Goodluck constructed to counter the claim of the VP.But instead you are telling us both of you attended igbobi college.SMH

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Henryjr(m): 7:31am On Feb 29, 2016
I told osinbanjo that no man can worship two masters, either Baal or God. either u choose to lie to worship Baal just to play ur game right or u can choose to be on God's side by being faithful n truthful like Ben Murray Bruce

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by iykebest1(m): 7:31am On Feb 29, 2016
*Yawns* stretches*GEJ self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by IVORY2009(m): 7:32am On Feb 29, 2016
Mere commissioner Osibande

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by mcee1(m): 7:45am On Feb 29, 2016
Thunder fire Toyin Okupe. He is a bastard. angry

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by tellwisdom: 7:50am On Feb 29, 2016
With all the roads and no roads, I haven't been able to drink one crate of beer for a year; that's to tell u how bad this country has gone. Foolish old men angry

9 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Adonis3: 7:52am On Feb 29, 2016
sometimes I wonder

Is PYO really a pastor

Coz ion get this his style anymore

Though I didn't read the full story but I just want to ask

What's our business if Jonathan didn't build a single road??

Or do u want to blame that for hindering you from doing what you were elected to do

This PYO has been so immature in his blame game... Prolly worse than Lai Mohammed sef.

And yeah I agree with Joseph1832,

Doyin should have listed the roads built by Jonathan if he actually wanted to reply PYO

Tho I didn't see the need for him to reply at all

GOD Bless BUHARI
GOD Bless The Federal republic of Nigeria!!!

#Adonis3HasSopken

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by hucienda: 7:52am On Feb 29, 2016
True true VP Osinbajo no try for that talk. The lie was freaking obvious! And to think he's a pastor? smh

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

- Abraham Lincoln
- Mark Twain

16 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by dammytosh: 7:52am On Feb 29, 2016
That is the problem with PDP.

Instead of Uncle Doyin Okuigbe to mention one single road his pay master built, he left the main discussion and went into theology.

List roads built by PDP in the last 10years.

Thats all

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Sirmuel1(m): 7:53am On Feb 29, 2016
Comedians everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by dammytosh: 7:54am On Feb 29, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
APc toiling with the gullibility of Nigerians since arrival......... Shame

Are u not more gullible not to know that if somebody makes a statement like that all you need to do is come out and debunk it with facts.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by 989900: 7:55am On Feb 29, 2016
“Prof Yemi Osinbajo and I have a few things in common. He is a professional in politics like me. He is a practising Christian and a revered Pastor. I am a practising christian and an aspiring Evangelist.

You both are politicians: 'gangsters'.

BTW, Okupe, evangelist?
LOL cheesy grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by sdindan: 7:57am On Feb 29, 2016
This why I like Old Tastament more than New Tastament.

If this was in the time of Moses

God would hav sent Amadioha or thunder to strike Osibanjo immediately for lying in the house of God.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by kuuljay(m): 8:02am On Feb 29, 2016
Okupe if there is any road why not tell us where it is

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by malele(m): 8:05am On Feb 29, 2016
sdindan:
This why I like Old Tastament more than New Tastament.

If this was in the time of Moses

God would hav sent Amadioha or thunder to strike Osibanjo immediately for lying in the house of God.

Lol bro u funny
Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by drss(m): 8:06am On Feb 29, 2016
na which kind pastor dey lie shamelessly like dis say GEJ no build new roads osumbande is a fake pastor.

6 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 29, 2016
Its unfortunate how men change . Its really a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by koboko69: 8:06am On Feb 29, 2016
I rushed in here to see names of places where there are new roads....but i was disappointed. The same Osinbajo lied story.

Yet no one as provided any answers for a new road constructed

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by malele(m): 8:07am On Feb 29, 2016
Seriously osinbanjo no try atall. How can he say good luck administration didn't build any road atall in the church.
Number 1 such issues are not to be said in the church, church is strictly for God's word.

Number 2) most areas in Abuja got new roads during. GEJ regime.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 29, 2016
undecided RANTING OF A PIG CALLED OKUPE

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by maestroferddi: 8:16am On Feb 29, 2016
Is not unfortunate that Osinbajo, the acclaimed egg-head cannot add any discernible value to a government that has run adrift?

What has Jonathan building thousands of roads got to do with the autopilot government APC is running?

6 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by WATCHOVER(m): 8:49am On Feb 29, 2016
The VP statements these days is becoming something to worry about, looking at his type and background.

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by Atlantian: 8:49am On Feb 29, 2016
One year is almost over, and Buhari hasnt constructed a single gutter.

17 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic by RareDiamond: 9:00am On Feb 29, 2016
Pastor Yomi Osibanjo lied. There are numerous roads built by PDP.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest Against Obaseki’s Proposed N20 Billion Loan (Photo) / Papers Filed Against Tinubu, Alpha Beta Burnt In Court —lawyer / Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.