Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle (505 Views)

Army Recovers Weapons From Boko Haram After Gun Battle In Maiduguri (Photos) / Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign / Ali Cancels ‘permanent Posting’ In Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by Quote: 9:06am On Aug 07, 2015
At least five persons were feared dead yesterday when men of the Ogun State Command of Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) engaged in a shoot out with smugglers around Oju-Ore area of Ota in the Ado-Odo/Ota local government area of Ogun State. LEADERSHIP Friday gathered that the Customs officers have been on the trail of the smugglers from Owode area in Yewa South local government before cornering them at Oju-Ore. An eye witness told our correspondent that the smugglers had successfully smuggled in three expensive cars including a 2014 model Range Rover before the Shootout at Ota. The gun duel which reportedly lasted for about 45 minutes left the five people injured. They were rushed to the General hospital in Ota. A local government worker who spoke with our correspondent revealed that the smugglers are popular in the area and worked under a leader known as Agarawu. He also alleged that Agarawu has always been negotiating with the officers to carry out his illicit trade adding that the negotiation must have gone bad hence the shooting incident. The Source explained that it took the intervention of the State special combined security outfit called ‘OP Mesa’ and men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad to douse the tension in the area. As at the time of filling in this report, the source explained that men of the Customs and the smugglers were sighted at the hospital where the injured were being attended to. While contacted, the Customs Public Relations Officer, Usman Abdullahi said he was not aware of the development but would get back after investigation. “I am not aware of that to my knowledge, but I will do my investigation and findings and whatever it is, I will get you posted,” he said. The Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi did not respond to calls put across to his mobile number, neither did he respond to the text message sent to him. http://leadership.ng/news/452401/5-feared-dead-in-customs-smugglers-gun-battle lalasticlala
Re: 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by Quote: 9:06am On Aug 07, 2015
Re: 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by IYADARA(f): 9:09am On Aug 07, 2015
cool
Re: 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by Demmocrats(m): 9:11am On Aug 07, 2015
sad cry so many things must have happened I can't lay my judgement because its one side of the story we need to hear from both sides before I judge besides the story sounds fishy and pictures of the incident would have shed more light to the matter.
Re: 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by Tallesty1(m): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2015
Rip
Re: 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by DaBullIT(m): 9:14am On Aug 07, 2015
Greedily moved tarrif and duties to 35% on import , why wouldn't smugglers smuggle ?

Afterall they have to eat

If you watched Furious 5 , you would understand people do bad jobs for good reasons FAMILY
Re: 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by 175(m): 9:16am On Aug 07, 2015
Agarawu23 of NairaLand. . .Jesu so this boy na smuggler?
Re: 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 9:16am On Aug 07, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Feared Dead In Customs, Smugglers Gun Battle by kamair237(m): 9:22am On Aug 07, 2015
pipo fighting for their daily bread.....

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage --presidency / Uniport Graduate Is Not Employable Due To Gej Performance In 6 Years / Nigerian Senate Defers Decision On Pay Cut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.