Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) (3665 Views)

PDP Announces ‘amnesty’ For Sheriff, Cairo, Others / BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) / President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram - Breaking Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by deadZONE: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved amnesty for the Boko Haram terrorist group, a top presidential source who spoke to BREAKING TIMES on condition of anonymity disclosed on Thursday.

According to the source, President Buhari has concluded plans on the amnesty grant for Boko Haram and the official announcement is expected shortly after discussions between government negotiators and Boko Haram terrorists have reached a fairly advanced stage.

“I can authoritatively tell you that the issue has gone beyond a plan, President Buhari has concluded on the issue, granted approvals and it will be announced soon,” the source said.
Contrary to earlier reports, which suggested that the Nigerian government is open to negotiations with Boko Haram alongside considerations of amnesty in a deal expected to put an end to the mass killings of innocent Nigerian citizens by the dreaded terrorist group, our source hinted that the idea of amnesty is not one Boko Haram has accepted.

“President Buhari is actually acting proactively by offering amnesty to them in the hope of sealing a ceasefire deal with the terrorists. From all indications, Boko Haram has not agreed to lay down their arms for amnesty. But this new offer by President Buhari is expected to soften the terms of negotiation with them”, the source disclosed.

Recently, President Muhammadu Buhari declared that he is ready to negotiate with the dreaded Boko Haram terrorists, according to his spokesperson, Femi Adesina. Adesina disclosed this in an interview with BBC Africa. He said if Boko Haram members are willing, the president will negotiate with them.
However, this seems to be against the earlier stance of Buhari who during his campaign, promised not to negotiate with the insurgents if elected as president.

“Boko Haram is not interested in peace – if they are interested in peace, how can they kill 13,000 Nigerians?” the former military ruler told BBC News in February.

As news of presidential amnesty for Boko Haram filters from the Presidential villa, it is not immediately clear why President Buhari has adopted the carrot approach to dealing with the Boko Haram menace.

“There must be a strategy behind it that we may not know about. You know the President is a retired military general and just returned from a trip to the US where he had discussions with President Obama on this Boko Haram issue. We can only watch events unfold within the next few days”, a security source told BREAKING TIMES.
The idea of amnesty for Boko Haram is however not one new to Muhammadu Buhari.

In 2013 as leader of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Buhari backed amnesty for Boko Haram. According to him; “Yes, it is good they have set up a committee and I haven’t seen the terms of reference, but it is the right thing to do. This is not the first time amnesty will be given to … eh.. what shall I call them, a violent group; remember what happened with Alhaji Musa Yar’Adua and the militants. So, this is not the first time. Whatever that will bring peace to the society, we should do it.”

Boko Haram killed more than 13,000 civilians between 2009 and 2015, including around 10,000 in 2014, in attacks occurring mainly in northeast Nigeria. Upwards of 1.5 million people have been displaced in the streaks of their wanton bloodshed and violence.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/just-in-president-buhari-approves-amnesty-for-boko-haram-details/

Cc seun
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by ladyF(f): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nooooo
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by SeverusSnape(m): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
Though I know Buhari is dull, There is a limit to exhibit that dullness, Buhari knows this. That said, this story is false. (I hope I'm right)

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by amnesty7: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
If the story is true, we hope this will end the insurgency. But if the carrot option doesn't work, let the thick stick of our troops finish off the job. May God help our leaders to defeat all the criminals and all their supporters, both offline and online. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Tundenoni(m): 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
Noooooooooooo!
Inasmuch as I'm a PMB supporter, I'll never be in support of this move.
BH committed so many atrocities, they have inflicted pain of all sorts to families. Many soldiers, police and other security agents have been killed by those bastards.Some Soldiers faced dismissal, criminal charges and some are in jail because of those criminals, Many relatives can't come together again.
So those victims will not see justice?
The murdered are gone and their murderer would soon be granted amnesty.

Buhari please!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by dustmalik: 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thetrentonline is a known PDP propaganda media outlet. no one should believe this nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Buhari is BH, BH is Buhari

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by MizMyColi(f): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2015
angry
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
Do not rejoice or wail just yet because by tomorrow, we go hear another thing

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
Do not rejoice or wail just yet because by tomorrow, we go hear another thing
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Yar adua is a Niger deltan militant!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by alienvirus: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
This Malu again

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Bibidear(f): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
If it will end the insurgency,its better

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Udmaster(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
Rubbish
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by soaktoto4garri: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
its nt official, just pdp propaganda

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Flets: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
It cannot be true.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by ProfessorPeter(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
amnesty7:
If the story is true, we hope this will end the insurgency. But if the carrot option doesn't work, let the thick stick of our troops finish off the job. May God help our leaders to defeat all the criminals and all their supporters, both offline and online. Amen.
what happen to thousands who were killed by the brainless animals?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by superstar1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sons of Belial, sons of perdition, wailing wailers and saTANOids are one and the same with falsehood.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Tightguy(m): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
Shit !!!
I knew long before now that all these increased spate of bombings lately was geared towards granting of amnesty.
Now I don't even know whether to celebrate the news or see it as another misguided decision by the FG.
Anyways I reserve my comment till I see the full details of such amnesty .
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by merry02(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
With the prophecies of the former service chiefs,I can categorically ascertain that Boko haram is a small set of Nigerian paid to cause imbroglio,chaos civil unrest in Nigeria...there is no doubt in the fact that body language speech volume than prepared speech. Buhari should do this country good buy calling his brothers to cease fire cos the group's aim is achieved already...

Just immediately Buhari was sworn in as the C in C of the arm forces for Nigeria,he deems it feet to release over 180 detained Boko haram,went to America to solicit $2.2b for his brothers without carrying the Legislative arms along,embark on negotiation within a month,signed $100m for JTF,move defence headquarter to Borno and likes......if truly he said,fight against boko haram is a fight against North before the presidential election and Our misguided brothers during the Ramadam,who is fooling who in Nigeria?

History will not forget the shady perpetration of the major powers in north east during the last dispensation. How over 215 chibok girls were allegedly abducted..what I don't seem to comprehend in the film is that,is chibok school a girls only school? if almost 215 girls were abducted during physics exams,what is the total registered number of students writing the exams? The evil that man do live after them!

Shortly after the presidential election,the bring back our girls campaign group started lobbing for political post from their paid master..a case study is Haziza who is a strong ranter of BBOG got her first appointment as one of the Apc presidential transition committee member. Interestingly, she is now the chief of staff to Kaduna governor(El-rufia)who had once criticized Jonathan's alliance with neighboring country as a plot to plan another terrors..

«The question is,was there any abduction @all?
«If yes,how many students were abducted?
«During the military raid in North East,How many boko haram leaders have been captured?
«If there is any,what is their profile?
«Why are we killing ourselves because of personal interest?
«If the senate president alone can donate the sum of 10m for the IDPs,I don't see any reason why Buhari should go to the extent of borrowing $2.2b from world bank...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by omenka(m): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
Breakingtimes.com. Feeding and breeding ground for saTAN. cheesy

For more of such news, visit guardiannewsusa.com, hopefornigeria.com. Forgotten the others. grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by truefact: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmm
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by OAMMB(f): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
so afterall the wasted lives this is the final end result...Pardon them ke! at the cost of innocent lives lost?
He didnt tell us this is what he will do during his campaign....

For me i think its a captial NO....
i thought we just formed alliance with neighbouring countries and also in the view of acquiring new weapons from US and co....
we need to test these weapons on these BH guys na abeg! wink

maybe he wants to try the carrot and stick approach the former govt tried but were duped i hope he wont be duped by the negotiators.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by ERODEDEAST(f): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
Boo.hari is a Certified Illiterate Terrorist
I will take BH serious when they start hoisting flags in the NW Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by IanDiamonds: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
You go fear source...

deadZONE:
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved amnesty for the Boko Haram terrorist group, a top presidential source who spoke to BREAKING TIMES on condition of anonymity disclosed on Thursday.
According to the source, President Buhari has concluded plans on the amnesty grant for Boko Haram and the official announcement is expected shortly after discussions between government negotiators and Boko Haram terrorists have reached a fairly advanced stage.
“I can authoritatively tell you that the issue has gone beyond a plan, President Buhari has concluded on the issue, granted approvals and it will be announced soon,” the source said.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/just-in-president-buhari-approves-amnesty-for-boko-haram-details/
Cc seun

This source.. Is she single??
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by bjdon: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
So let me get this right. Buhari is prepared to grant ammensty to Boko Haram killers, and at the same time he wants to invesitgate Nigerian Armed forces for crimes of genocide. Wow na wa
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by saintgp(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
"chai,dia is God ooooo"nw i really fathom d msg behind dat ludicrous statement made by d former first lady
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by chucs: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
I'm just waiting for the official news..I'ill be highly disappointed in Buhari if the news is true. #Hand crossed#
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by omowolewa: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hummm! Its risky to domesticate a wounded lion. The will fight back!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by gesundheit: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
Another pdpest lying machine, next biko.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by obo389(m): 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
hmmm.I sense some formation here.carrot and stick approach.PMB sure knows what he is doing
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by kenedy175(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
I just hope this isn't true. This will be supporting terrorism. Why should people be granted amnesty for no just reason after killing and destroying lives and property?

The full force of our intelligence agency, army and air force should be used.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan / See Reuben Abati's Response To Adesina's Tweet / Ibo Leaders Have Failed To Speak Up And Reprimand Action Of Mike The Dog Catcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.