Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? (1087 Views)

How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? / 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. / I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Barayeks(m): 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
Did she settle down with you....or did she settle for you?

Emeka and Janice met in their university days. They were both law students in the same level and they had a connection the first day they met.They did a lot of things together like studying for exams all night, writing assignments and covering for each other when one couldn't make it to class..... as I always say "the more time spent together, the more emotions grow". Emeka caught that sickness called "feelings" and decided to open up to Janice about it. Unfortunately for him her reply wasn't what he had hoped it would be. Maybe she liked him too but felt he wasn't old enough because they were in the same level...its common to hear girls say "I can never date my classmate". Maybe she didn't find him attractive enough ....there are countless "maybes"but her reply was negative...It however didn't affect their friendship. They went through 5years of college together...Janice dated a few guys in that period and will always come to Emeka for relationship advice.. After convocation they proceeded to law school still as friends....infact at this point Janice was in a serious relationship that seemed like it was heading to marriage but sadly it didn't and she became very brokenhearted.... In the process of consolation, Janice began to show interest in Emeka.... according to the story on Nairaland the guy was still crazy about her and they dated and later got married
But my question is did she settle down with him....or did she settle for him.... there's no way in hell the story will end like that if i were Emeka...in 6years of school, he wasn't old enough and he wasnt good looking enough ..... but he is still her age mate now....and he hasn't had any plastic surgery so he looks the same way he did when he wasn't attractive enough....so why the change of heart after distributing all the cookies in the jar right under his nose?

So did she settle down with you or did she settle for you? #naija #insta
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by kossyablaze(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice question

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by frodobee: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
<25 and/or without problems=With you. >25 and/or with problems=For you
Any other thing, maybe love.
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Barayeks(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2015
undecided
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by evolg(m): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
Some guys sha....y wud any guy allow a gal use u as an option....It's lack of selfworth. Nw d babe use Emeka do rescue mission as she don see say as tinz dey go, e be lyk say time no dey again o. Aswair, i no go luk er syd again o + for 6yrs too, emeka no see anoda fine babe? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 08, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Update(m): 9:31am On Aug 08, 2015
where are those that know book we need y'all here. Me, I will say she settled with him!
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by lawkie77(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2015
in drake voice=am more than just an option
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Barayeks(m): 3:13am On Aug 10, 2015
Lol...she settled for him

1 Like

Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 10, 2015
Same difference.

2 Likes

Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Xxpress(m): 7:51am On Aug 10, 2015
She settled for him, as per say she no get option again.
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Barayeks(m): 7:58am On Aug 10, 2015
Same difference? Use more words.. . @enlightenedsoul
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Adaeze003(f): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2015
Lol @ "same difference" what does that even mean?

Truth is, only the babe knows if she settled for or with him.

I think she was tired of experimenting. At a young age, we like to date various guys so we don't feel "trapped" which is exactly what she woulda felt if she dated her besty from school days. She was probably scared that would have been "end game" and will mean no more fun with other guys.

Doesn't mean she didn't like him back then or he wasn't good enough.

Girls too are scared of commitment until a certain point grin...

1 Like

Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Barayeks(m): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2015
@Adaeze003 lol, I can understand that....but don't you think 6years and several boyfriends was a little too much...added with the fact that she almost got married to someone else..

truth be told...what's annoying about it is the fact that the guy knows all the guys she's dated/slept with

you know what they say about ignorance being bliss......I'd rather not know
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Adaeze003(f): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2015
Barayeks:
@Adaeze003 lol, I can understand that....but don't you think 6years and several boyfriends was a little too much...added with the fact that she almost got married to someone else..

truth be told...what's annoying about it is the fact that the guy knows all the guys she's dated/slept with

you know what they say about ignorance being bliss......I'd rather not know

Are you sure he didn't date anyone for 6 years?
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Barayeks(m): 8:43am On Aug 10, 2015
Well the story i read didn't say.....but its not impossible...lol, a lot of guys go through uni without ever having a girlfriend.... especially cos girls like Janice feel they aren't mature enough .

suppose he did...I guess it makes them even? @adaeze003
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Adaeze003(f): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2015
Barayeks:
Well the story i read didn't say.....but its not impossible...lol, a lot of guys go through uni without ever having a girlfriend.... especially cos girls like Janice feel they aren't mature enough .

suppose he did...I guess it makes them even? @adaeze003

If he did, it definitely makes them even.

But you have to look at the big picture here... they're happy.
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by 400billionman: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2015
If both of them are happy right now, then no problem. It was Emeka' unwavering love that brought them together. Girls like piling options for themselves Plan A, Plan B, Plan C but take it or leave it is absolute SELFISHNESS. Emeka was very nice to her as some people pointed out. She almost missed her marital destiny due to wrong reasons.

Janice SETTLED FOR Emeka.

1 Like

Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by AnonymustME(m): 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
Janice settled for Emeka.

in Janice's mind on the day she went crying about her cancelled engagement to Emeka..... "I've rejected this guy for all these years even though he's been so nice to me cos he is not my type....but the guyz that are 'my type' keep breaking my heart ....lemme just try (emphasis on TRY) this guy" ....she probably tried to kiss him and he managed to bbang her brains out
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by damilareoye: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
victim of circumstances grin.
Re: Did She Settle Down With You...or Did She Settle For You? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
Barayeks:
Same difference? Use more words.. . @enlightenedsoul

Another user commented on the guy in the OP being an "option". Newsflash: You're all "options" (or no "option" at all)! It's as if you're living in some fantasy land wherein everyone out there is their partner's #1 choice. In reality, that isn't the norm but the exception.

Are you with your first choice?

Yh, I don't think so.

Your criticism stems from the fact that she didn't rate him as highly as he did her, but what are the odds of your #1 rating you just as highly??

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

i / Funny Bouquet Toss Picture By The Groom. / Must You Tell A Lady You Wanna Date Her Before She Knows?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.