Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? (17345 Views)

Did The Yorubas Really Vote Buhari In As Their President / Why Do Hausas Are The Most Hated Tribe In Nigeria??? / 20 Fulanis And 80 Cows Killed In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by winniz: 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
[s][/s]totit:

Are you sure, really?

Hehhehehehehe

This must be a joke right?

Ok
Read below

http://www.topcelebritiesng.com/igbos-are-now-begging-to-join-apc-joe-igbokwe/ cheesy

All Progressive Congress chieftain, Mr. Joe Igbokwe has revealed that his Igbo people are now on their knees begging to join APC after they put all their eggs in one basket and support former president Goodluck Jonathan in the last election: “I remember a night in the house of a very successful Igbo trader in Ikoyi shortly after the presidential election, when it became obvious that President Buhari had carried the day. They gathered to contribute money to support the APC. Even those who travelled home for the Easter holiday donated money from the East just to belong. I felt ashamed that my people couldn’t defend their honour and integrity even in the time of trouble.

“After the 2015 election, when the Igbo lost their resources by putting all their eggs in one basket, many Igbo leaders claimed that the Igbo made the right political choices given the circumstances on the ground then. Yes, the Igbo have said they voted right, but in action and in deed, they have been busy looking for ways to sneak into the APC.

“On Saturday, July 25, 2015, a group that worked against the APC in Lagos called Igbo United Political Forum organised a programme to honor Governor Rochas Okorocha. Behind the smokescreen was an attempt to sneak through the back door to the APC, having missed the front door on March 28 and April 11, 2015. The organisers reaped what they sowed, as all the APC leaders they invited stayed away.

“They licked their wounds and went home to cry. Time and space will not permit me to recall various moves our people have made to find their way to the APC. Those who are still very angry about the colossal loss have pitched their tent with the Biafra mantra. When we lose out in national politics as a result of myopic and timid political thinking and calculation, the next move is to resort to ethnic politics. Nobody is deceived.”[s][/s]

The Iddiot knows he's just making mockery of himself with this statement. Which Igbos want to join that hateful and bigoted party undecided well who takes that parrot Joe Yorubakwe serious? Not definitely Igbos...even his own people had him Ostracized, so he can just GO and DIE we don't give a damn about him.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by PAINGAIN: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
coolitempa:
Ibos r hated everywhere.......... cheesy......they should just go home to their erosion ridden Biafra. The title of d thread should read.......how can we expel these repellant animals
we will only go home when d sovereign state of biafra is realized. Until then, we'll remain in ur lands and make money, afterall its one nigeria so every nigerian has a right to reside anywhere in nigeria. Una never even see anything sef.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by coolitempa(f): 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
PAINGAIN:
we will only go home when d sovereign state of biafra is realized. Until then, we'll remain in ur lands and make money, afterall its one nigeria so every nigerian has a right to reside anywhere in nigeria. Una never even see anything sef.

U still don't gerrit......u guys r our slaves.......when we r done with u....u will be dispatched ....... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
anulaxad:
Funny thread.

Another troublemaker on the loose, Nigeria will be great again under PMB, and by the time he has finished we will see who is still calling for Biafra; sorry Biafra. tongue
yo-robber looking for who to rob.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by coolitempa(f): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
ekenedegreat:
See maggot causing real humans I laugh in Swahili.

It is spelt......'cursing'.......see another victim of Biafra English......muumuu....go n die...... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by totit: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
winniz:

The Iddiot knows he's just making mockery of himself with this statement. Which Igbos want to join that hateful and bigoted party undecided well who takes that parrot Joe Yorubakwe serious? Not definitely Igbos...even his own people had him Ostracized, so he can just GO and DIE we don't give a damn about him.

Eyahh

You are hurt!

Oh why, oh why grin

Get use to the truth.
But why do ibo keep begging on their kneels if they really want out of obodo nigeria nah!

gringrin

Oh really?
Am sure 'below 'is another lie too?

Ibo man and and grin grin grin grin grin grin

lies

FROM DAVID ONWUCHEKWA, NNEWI

Some Igbo leaders including retired Army Generals and the former President General of Ohane­ze Ndigbo, Dr Dozie Ikedife have paid a private visit to the President-elect, Gen­eral Muhammadu Buhari to make a case for the Igbo in the incoming APC-led feder­al government so that the re­gion will not be abandoned for not giving massive sup­port to the victorious party like the South West during the just concluded presiden­tial election.

Dr Ikedife who disclosed this at his Nnewi residence, yesterday, said the purpose of the visit was to appeal to General Buhari not to leave the Igbo in the cold in his ap­pointments and infrastructural development because of the low support he received from the South East geo-political zone during the presidential election.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=117435

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
CreampieAngela:
N!gga

i am Nupe, from Bida Niger tate. Even before the amalgamation and creation of Nigeria your displaced ibo grandfathers were already trooping into my domain in search of greener pastures. Go ask ojuku and azikure of cursed memories, both of them were born here.

The Igala in Ibaji, Kogi state owns the oil wells. Anambra is not and will never be an oil producing state. The orient oil refinery is a scam
can somebody pls help me sweep this female maggot out of this thread pls.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
coolitempa:
Ibos r hated everywhere.......... cheesy......they should just go home to their erosion ridden Biafra. The title of d thread should read.......how can we expel these repellant animals
another female maggot is on the loose! maggot calling humans animals wonders shall never end.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by TruthisGOD: 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
CreampieAngela:
You are a mad man

Today alone, i have lost count of the number of transport buses bringing your refugee ibo brothers and sisters into my region in their thousands. It shant be well with all of them

I am from a minority tribe and my daily prayer is to see you unwanted vermins go back to your Godforsaken land. The North will also be producing oil very soon a la The Chad Basin and Ibaji, Kogi state
#200 billion has bein so far spent on searching oil in chad basin since 1970 bt 2 no avail

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Abugab(m): 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

How is the problem of igbos from igbos? Has igbos not been surviving peacefully b4 lugard force them into a union called Nigeria? The fact is that the south and the North has entirely different political, religious and cultural values . Forced marriage never works. Pple should be allow to choose their life partner.

It is good and all Igbo business men and women will go back to Biafra and do their business there and lets see who patronizes them.
We are better together than going our separate ways, hate it or like it
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by coolitempa(f): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
ekenedegreat:
another female maggot is on the loose! maggot calling humans animals wonders shall never end.

........d female maggots are aplenty in ur dirty mouth..... cheesy....enjoy d delicacy.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
coolitempa:

U still don't gerrit......u guys r our slaves.......when we r done with u....u will be dispatched ....... cheesy
yo-robbers are the real slaves in this contraption because one of their states which is kwara is under their Hausa/Fulani masters. GREEDY eshinjuju!!
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by after1: 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. Superstar1. U are being tracked. Watch out

Who is superstar? You better go take care of your dying mother instead of splashing smelling spit everywhere on nairaland. Dumbo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
coolitempa:

It is spelt......'cursing'.......see another victim of Biafra English......muumuu....go n die...... cheesy
Are you above mistake? Is English our mother tongue? have you seen any white man that is proud of your dialect? your inability to reason is killing you and your likes. GREEDY eshinjuju!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by kernel501: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
Abugab:
No tribe hates the Igbo as the Igbo have been accommodated in every part of the nation more than any other tribe.
The Igbo hates themselves and the fight should be targeted at themselves rather than engaging a non existing enemy.
The problem of the Igbo is Igbo and not with any other tribe

If Igbos hate themselves how come they take there fellow Igbo brothers without any legal agreement they will serve them for five years, after which they are settled... making them to have the highest number of entrepreneurs in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
Abeg!!! Whoever wants to leave can leave with people that agree to leave with them!!! You have reps and senators, governors and elders. Please direct your secession rants to them!

Yorubas, Hausas, Nupes, Tivs, Igalas, Itsekiris, Urhobos etc... have bigger fish to fry and really, if Igbos want to leave, well then, we'll eat the fish without them when it's fried.

Stop ranting on Nairaland abut Biafra you idiotas!! Go and meet your Senators, reps, governors and elders!!!! Oh I see. They are too busy embezzling what Nigeria allocated to Igbo people!! Face front idiots!!! We are tired of your Biafra rants!! Go if you want to!

It's your elders that are holding you back!!! It's not Hausas, Tivs, Yorubas etc.. It's the greed of your ruling class

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Nature129(m): 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
Abugab:
No tribe hates the Igbo as the Igbo have been accommodated in every part of the nation more than any other tribe.
The Igbo hates themselves and the fight should be targeted at themselves rather than engaging a non existing enemy.

You are a big fool. That's how you fail exam questions and start blaming your lecturers. Ans the question.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
Abugab:

It is good and all Igbo business men and women will go back to Biafra and do their business there and lets see who patronizes them.
We are better together than going our separate ways, hate it or like it

Igbo, are not only in the northern or south west, igbo are all over the world. They are in Ghana, cameroon ,name it... So don't think Igbos can't survive without Nigeria. Moreover why are u crying more than the bereaved? Nigeria is a forced union made possible by the brutal fire arm of a selfish white man called Lugard.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by kernel501: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
simpleseyi:

It's a bastard that brings insults to his/her parents. Now to your question. - No we Yorubas do not want to be in the same country with fraudsters, drug traffickers, money launderers, ritual killers, fake drug manufacturers, armed robbers, cultists, and prosti-tutes. We just force you to stay under us in Nigeria to teach you a lesson and let you realize that your destinies are in our hands. When we say sit, you sit. We we say jump into the lagoon, you jump. When we say cry, you cry. When we say fvck, you fvck.

I hope with these few points of mine, I have been able to convince you and not to confuse you that we, ofemanus are not mates to good for nothing flat heads.

Thank you my fellow debaters and panel of judges.

I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba
youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in
Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect
observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths
in Nigeria as at today.
I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his
intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten
Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be
Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from
the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive
accumulation of wealth.
The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have
indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable
number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities.
The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The
data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those
licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos.
More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of
commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative
transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas.
Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to
collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their
motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport,
travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and
hardworking Easterners.
The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people
transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for
the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding
commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that
have abandoned their workshops.
Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos
are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the
market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General
of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have
been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths.
Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more
prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the
Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite
television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies
with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies
are short of creativity.
I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial
banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They
are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they
assist each other with an amazing ease.
Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the
National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the
highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and
Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six
respectively.
In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the
National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been
upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state
known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by zendy: 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
mauriceju2:
Why do hausas/fulanis and yorubas really want 'one Nigeria' with Igbo that they did not naturally like?

you asked a very simple question. Unfortunately,most Nigerians especially those outside the SS/SE cannot answer this question. The best most of them will come up with is how the Lord Lugardian experiment called Nigeria is all the know which is essentially the thinking of a slave. Nigeria is a disaster of country that has never worked. It is this retrogressive state that has claimed the lives of millions is what people say that they believe in. The Yoruba man and Hausa man have no historical ties to the Igbos but they are prepared to fight wars to be with the Igbo man. It is pure madness. It is crazy for anyone to believe they are brothers to Igbos just because Lord Lugard came from Britain to say so. Everything is about oil. Nothing more

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Duru1(m): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Abugab:

Yet when they attempted to secede, the British informed certain dumbasses who are non-Igbo to fight against the secession. Why not allow the problem of Igbo is Igbo to grow into forest in an exclusive Igbo country? Why can you not stay in your country and laugh at the Ndiigbo with their problems in Republic of Igbo land?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by totit: 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
kernel501:

I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba
youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in
Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect
observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths
in Nigeria as at today.
I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his
intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten
Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be
Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from
the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive
accumulation of wealth.
The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have
indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable
number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities.
The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The
data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those
licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos.
More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of
commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative
transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas.
Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to
collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their
motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport,
travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and
hardworking Easterners.
The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people
transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for
the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding
commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that
have abandoned their workshops.
Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos
are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the
market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General
of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have
been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths.
Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more
prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the
Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite
television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies
with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies
are short of creativity.
I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial
banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They
are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they
assist each other with an amazing ease.
Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the
National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the
highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and
Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six
respectively.
In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the
National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been
upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state
known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013.

Ibo and lies
Am only here to burst you aba made figures with fact.
Stop listening to uncle uche version google is your pal

In a Capitalist State Like Ours, Wealthy Firms With Healthy Cash Flow Control The Economy Not Petty Traders.

"I have investigated all the 20 top Nigerian companies listed below as compiled by authoritative Forbes business magazine and none of them is based in Igbo land or controlled by the so called ‘Igbo business men’.

Impressively, 20 Nigerian companies made it to the list of Top 25 companies in West Africa. They include:

• Dangote Cement
• Zenith Bank PLC
• Ecobank Transnational Incorporated
• Nigerian Breweries Plc
• First Bank Plc
• Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
• United Bank for Africa
• Guinness Nigeria
• Nestlé Nigeria
• Access Bank
• Flour Mills Nigeria
• Union Bank of Nigeria
• Stanbic IBTC
• First City Monument Bank
• Lafarge Cement WAPCO
• Total Nigeria
• Unilever Nigeria
• PZ Cussions
• UACN
• Cadbury Nigeria Plc

According to Forbes, Nigeria has 20 of the best 25 companies in West Africa.

It is only a fool who will believe Igbo postulation that it is street trader’s and hawkers that controls an economy. If that hypothesis is valid, then the Indians and Pakistanis in Britain can also claim that they [are] in charge of British economy because over 70% of petty street trading in Britain is in the hand of the Asians. However, we all know that actual British economy is firmly in the hands of the Britons. The same is factual for Germany and France where Turkish and North African Algerians are their own local version of Igbo. The only difference is that these other 'gypsies’' are more knowledgeable of who they are in their host countriy's economy, unlike ignorant Igbo petty street traders in Yoruba land."
Nigerians have made the Forbes list of richest people in the world the reason been that Forbes estimates the wealth of individuals and rank them based on the value of shares they have in quoted companies (companies listed on the stock exchange).

The few Nigerians that have the list are Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga and Femi Otedola.

The list of top 21 Richest Nigerian billionaires has been based on:

The value of their shares held in quoted companies, the size and market share of their companies, the number of companies they own and its assumed value, the market value of their company’s brand and the impact of their companies on the Nigerian economy.

Despite the harsh terrain and business challenges involved with starting a business in Nigeria; the successful entrepreneurs listed below held their ground and fought their way to the top.

In a country with a population of over 160 million inhabitants and millions of businesses; these 20 entrepreneurs diligently carved their names in the sands of time.

Check out the list below.

1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – founder of Dangote Group, Richest man in Africa and Richest black man in the world

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial Trust Bank, Globacom

3. Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas

4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group

5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group

6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Flee

7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone

8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank

9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria

10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group

11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group

12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group

13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards etc.

14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group

15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT,

16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group

17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas

19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox Computer

20. Fola Adeola – GTBank

21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig LTD, Distributor of Toyota cars
Before I finish this essay I will examine an absurd claim that the igbo often make which reflects an inferiority complex, a deep case self-delusion and which borders on the sociopathic. Wherever they settle they often boast that they control all the money that is there and that they have more businesses than anyone else. They often suggest that they have more business acumen and that they are more successful at business than any other tribe in Nigeria yet this is not true.

These strange stories that Igbos are more industrious than the Yoruba people, where do they come from? Is it because Yoruba people think big and never settle for profits from petty trading? The Igbos have not excelled more than Yoruba people in any kind of business at an advanced level, with the exception of the long haul coach and bus business. In the transportation business generally how many igbo people own the largest private airport on the African continent like Wale Babalakin. Tell me the Igbos that are mega industrialists like Folawiyo, Okoya, Adedoyin, Akindele and Awosika. Of the 10 leading banks in Nigeria, 8 of them used to have yoruba people as shareholders with the controlling interest, until Sanusi Lamido Sanusi launched his campaign. Today, four are still owned by Yoruba people and only one by an Igbo. Telecoms, one Ijebu businessman built a massive telecoms company single handedly. No Igbo man can boast of such. The first four leading oil distributors are Yoruba. Of the 10 leading Nigerian businessmen, 6 are Yoruba. The highest indigenous employers of labour are Yoruba people. Look at all the companies in Ikeja- they were all invited by the Western Region Government in the First Republic. If Igbos leave Lagos today, these companies will still hold high in their elegant skyscrapers. Igbos can’t hold Lagos or anywhere in the country hostage. The stereotype claim is that the Yoruba are the agberos of Lagos but you will be surprised to know that many Igbos in Lagos are actively involved in the transport business, some of them also play omo oni le with their Yoruba friends and some of them are street beggars as well. They would have denied this if Fashola had not deported them.

Many Igbo people are on the payroll of Yoruba businessmen. If you go to their region, you will see GTB, Oando, FCMB, GLO, Con Oil, Nicon Insurance, Sahara Oil, Bicourtney all owned by Yorubas. How many Igbo companies provide mass employment in comparison? If you take away all the companies owned by Yoruba businessmen what is left? The truth, hurtful as it can be, is that the leading industrialists and entrepreneurs are Yoruba people and they built Lagos with their mega business skills. This was what attracted Igbos- the tribe of wanderers and gypsys. Igbos cannot even boast of business skills when they speak with successful businessmen in the Midwest. The Midwest can boast of companies like Zenith bank, UBA, Ibru and co. and Etisalat, They can boast of Arik Air and Aerocontractors. A man from the Midwest by the name of Festus Okotie Eboh tackled your most respected Nnamdi Azikiwe and shook his power-base as the financier of the NCNC party. I don’t share the view that Igbos have superior business skills. The business men many of us admire are entrepreneurs like Wale Tinubu, Fola Adeola, Segun Agbaje, Subonmi Balogun, Kayode Odukoya, Deinde Fernandez, Tope Sonubi, Tunde Fagbemi, Kase Lawal, Harry Akande and Mike Adenuga and not the glorified petty traders and trouble makers. What the Igbos are doing is psychological warfare. If their lies are not checked and set straight they will have a negative effect on the psyche of future generations of the Yoruba. A lot of blacks in America are suffering from the lies white historians have perpetrated. For a long time blacks were made to feel inferior to their white counterparts. We can not allow the Igbos to continue with their lies against the Yorubas unabated. We have a responsibility as patriotic Yorubas to set the record straight. If it means being tagged a tribalist, that is fine. -Destructive Ways of the Ignorance.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by FrenchBiafran: 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Awusa Fulani have colonised and conquered Yoruba land. If Biafra goes, the caliphate will spread to Lagos and the Yorubas will starve.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Nature129(m): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
CreampieAngela:
N!gga

i am Nupe, from Bida Niger tate. Even before the amalgamation and creation of Nigeria your displaced ibo grandfathers were already trooping into my domain in search of greener pastures. Go ask ojuku and azikure of cursed memories, both of them were born here.

The Igala in Ibaji, Kogi state owns the oil wells. Anambra is not and will never be an oil producing state. The orient oil refinery is a scam

You have too much hate running in your blood; it's not good for a lady if you are really one, trust me. Wars are for men and not ladies.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by totit: 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
FrenchBiafran:
Awusa Fulani have colonised and conquered Yoruba land. If Biafra goes, the caliphate will spread to Lagos and the Yorubas will starve.

What an irony 5th citizen calling yoruba tribe her master slave?

Internet why?

Go and claim your abandoned properties and changed streets name first 'slave' before you come here yabbin ke grin

Oya

https://www.nairaland.com/412695/port-hacourt-truly-igbo-city

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Jman06(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
simpleseyi:

It's a bastard that brings insults to his/her parents. Now to your question. - No we Yorubas do not want to be in the same country with fraudsters, drug traffickers, money launderers, ritual killers, fake drug manufacturers, armed robbers, cultists, and prosti-tutes. We just force you to stay under us in Nigeria to teach you a lesson and let you realize that your destinies are in our hands. When we say sit, you sit. We we say jump into the lagoon, you jump. When we say cry, you cry. When we say fvck, you fvck.

I hope with these few points of mine, I have been able to convince you and not to confuse you that we, ofemanus are not mates to good for nothing flat heads.

Thank you my fellow debaters and panel of judges.
you are just a brainless mofo!

U mentioned all those vices and attributed it to igbos as if yorrobers don't do them. If I may ask, who introduced cultism in Nigeria A Yoruba man! Many of the guys that do drugs in Asia are yorrobers. Recently many Yoruba guys were on the news for bank fraud. Many prostitutes I have met in the jungle( though I never slept with any) are yorrobers.

You ofemmanus are only jealous because igbos are succeeding where you failed. And that jealousy will surely consume you!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by Abugab(m): 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Igbo, are not only in the northern or south west, igbo are all over the world. They are in Ghana, cameroon ,name it... So don't think Igbos can't survive without Nigeria. Moreover why are u crying more than the bereaved? Nigeria is a forced union made possible by the brutal fire arm of a selfish white man called Lugard.

The focus is on Igbos in Nigeria as other tribes are scattered around the world too.
Its much easier being a country on paper than being a country that exists. Energies can be channeled towards really building a true Biafra first than just pursuing a mirage.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by disumusa: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
wordcat:
They can't survive without the Igbo

That's the simple answer
the simple answer is that SE ibo have landlock, so it will be difficult to free them without affecting minoritis surounding them.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by FrenchBiafran: 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
disumusa:
the simple answer is that SE ibo have landlock, so it will be difficult to free them without affecting minoritis surounding them.

You are not smart. No man is a minority in his land. I am not Igbo but I do not consider myself a minority. I am an Eastern Nigerian and a Biafran. I am happy for my Calabar Port to serve BiafraLand.

It is you Awusa Fulani Almajiris that are landlocked. At least, your Yoruba slaves have a port in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by disumusa: 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
pazienza:
Because the secession of Igbos from Nigeria will set into motion cascade of events that will see the ethnic Nationalities in the SS leave to form their own countries or join Biafra.

For the Yorubas, this is their greatest fear, as the North already has their fangs deep down the Yoruba flesh, there will be no escape for the Yorubas, they will forever be trapped in a master- Slave Islamic republic of Odua-Arewa. The Jihadists will simply finish off what they started in Kwara some decades ago, but was halted by the Caucasians.

For the North, it will mean less petrodollars and less hosts.But a chance to fully become a sharia Islamic country.

In summary, the secession of Igbos from Nigeria will unbalance Nigeria's socio political and religious equation.
the main reason yoruba will not free ibo or give them independence is that, yoruba can not allow ibo to have acces to some ibo land that oyo mesi kingdom capture,anexed from ibo to be regained back, such as warri i.e olu of warri, edo i.e oba of benin, river i.e ogba egbema.
Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by PAINGAIN: 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
coolitempa:

no u don't get it. U r d ones living like a slave in ur own land. Guess what,ur people offloads our containers when we import, ur people washes our cars and watch over them,ur people r houseboys and housegirls to d igbos in ur land, ur people r tenants in to igbos in ur land. Etc

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? by disumusa: 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
FrenchBiafran:

You are not smart. No man is a minority in his land. I am not Igbo but I do not consider myself a minority. I am an Eastern Nigerian and a Biafran. I am happy for my Calabar Port to serve BiafraLand.

It is you Awusa Fulani Almajiris that are landlocked. At least, your Yoruba slaves have a port in Lagos
just be happy because ojuku deceive f young by allow him to command, in order to divert federal trop attention to calaba, more so ojuku knew that when he return from exile he will simply over run f young and take back power.

So why did ibo do called calabar people mumu till today pls tell me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"They Want To Bomb My Plane" - Governor Wike / Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests / Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Must Be Fished Out – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.