Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? (4192 Views)

Hilarious: After A Poor Performance, And The Teacher Says You Need To "Sit Up" / Help A Nairalander Explain This Exam Question To Be Faced In Two Days Time. / Caption This Exam Sitting Arrangement In Eksu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by OgunNewsFact: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
Would Governor Ibikunle Amosun truly punish the teachers and examiners who set this exam question in Ogun State?

Here is the passage in the English Language Examination for Secondary schools in Ogun state today, July 23, 2015;

It is the SS1 question in English Language for students of public schools for the third term as conducted by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.

"There is no arguing the fact that the government is merely paying up lip service to the development of education in Ogun State. It is true that a lot of money is being spent on education in Ogun State but with little or no impact felt by the people, except where we want to deceive ourselves. Many schools run by the government, which were formerly known for academic excellence have suddenly lost their prestige and are living on past glories. No wonder, many parents are threateningly left with one option, to withdraw their wards from these schools to other ones that are better managed.

The evidences to show that the government is not doing enough to assist in the development of education are many. Even pupils in both primary and secondary schools can volunteer a good list on their finger tips.

One of the numerous indications is government's inability to pay running costs to schools. The running cost is the token amount per pupil paid to school administrators to run the affairs of the school in a term. This has been neglected to pile up in several academic sessions. Another one is the regular poor conduct of examinations.

These examinations are not usually conducted as at when due. The government may have one excuse or the other , but real educationists know that to appreciate timing is a strong factor in the process of Continuous Assessment (CA) of students. Thus a situation, where for instance, the First Term Examination is Shifted to Second Term is an outright departure from the norms and ethics of conduct of Continuous Assessment.

In addition to the above facts is the idea of not issuing dossiers; a paper of the students academic endeavours within the term, to the students and parents alike as at when due. In fact, if one begins to mention the issue of unpaid salaries to teachers, one may be seen as speaking on behalf of these teachers to discredit the government. Yet, not in the least is the issue of the neglect of schools facilities which are now in sorry and dilapidated state.

(Culled from Jola Adegbenro's Issues on Education Today)

The question to the students;

"In three sentences, one for each, state the evidences given by the writer to prove that the government is not doing enough to assist in the development of education."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
I only saw the topic
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by DTOBS(m): 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
Oluwa ooooo
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Swaggzkid: 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
NO HE WON'T EVEN TRY IT
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by demmy0325(m): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Teekrayne(m): 12:07am On Aug 08, 2015
Bitter truth!!!!!! I pity our future!!!!
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by nerodenero: 1:06am On Aug 08, 2015
This is a real uppercut for Amosun undecided
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by aminho(m): 1:28am On Aug 08, 2015
My problem with Nigerians why can't you insult the government without personal attacks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 08, 2015
Ogun state public schools are nothing to write home about.....I Cnt imagine students writing first term exam in second term nd also writing second term examination in third term embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 08, 2015
With the above picture,education is heading for the gutters..

Most government activities are usually overhyped piece of propaganda,but what amuses me is that no matter who's the head,either PDP,or APC,the story is always the same..

No wonder,I was asking a student to mention one ground-breaking achievement in Nigeria,she said the making of Cabin biscuit..

1 Like

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by sheftyxz(m): 3:39am On Aug 08, 2015
lool
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Ultimate001: 3:47am On Aug 08, 2015
No offence, truth must be told.
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by tpiander: 3:54am On Aug 08, 2015
Thus a situation, where for instance, the First Term Examination is Shifted to Second Term

what is happening to Nigeria?

lord have mercy.
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by tpiander: 3:54am On Aug 08, 2015
aminho:
My problem with Nigerians why can't you insult the government without personal attacks

I think you mean critique the govt, not insult the govt.
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by OsoDupe(f): 4:10am On Aug 08, 2015
I can attest to this, I served in one of d schools in Ogun state and despite the fact that this school is a model school, it's living on past glory and the buildings there are dilapidated that whenever rain falls my colleagues and I will pray so that d building will not fall on us. At the back of the school in d midst of something I will call a mini forest is the location of the corpers lodge and the building is very bad and there are snakes everywhere, a colleague was attacked once and almost killed with the attacker making away with her phone. Even the students are not helping themselves, they are not ready to read despite the fact that state government gives them free textbooks, the few ones that seems to know what they are doing are in the science classes and some in art classes, the commercial students are the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by sarmiie(m): 4:10am On Aug 08, 2015
When last have I seen such beautiful satire? Bliss.......

3 Likes

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by 7footre(m): 4:23am On Aug 08, 2015
Why using the students to fight the government? There are a good number of national dailies that would publish this well articulated article. So nice article wrong channel... my two shillings
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 08, 2015
aminho:
Very true. It's too bad.
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 08, 2015
The elephant in the room is simple.....government runs too many schools.

All that dates back to the 1970's...when flush with oil money from the oil boom.....we took over mission schools, and built new ones.

The result.....most states are sustaining too many schools on a limited budget for education.

(And yes, corruption happens, making things worse. But even without it...).

Already....some states have returned some schools back to the old owners. And I expect the trend to continue.

And some will be taking loans....like Lagos' infamous $90m loan for education.

In my opinion.....either we increase fees, or we privatise state tertiary institutions...and redirect the money saved to primary schools....whilst at the same time raising taxes, and eradicating corruption. And we may have to resurrect Oby Ezekwesili's old idea of PPP for many schools. Because.....while I have no doubt that something smells fishy in Ogun State education ministry.......even then.....the kudi is not enough.

1 Like

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by lonelydora: 6:47am On Aug 08, 2015
Na Wa
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by akinladedata3: 9:04am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Vicintonsh(m): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Adeoba10(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2015
OsoDupe:
I can attest to this, I served in one of d schools in Ogun state and despite the fact that this school is a model school, it's living on past glory and the buildings there are dilapidated that whenever rain falls my colleagues and I will pray so that d building will not fall on us. At the back of the school in d midst of something I will call a mini forest is the location of the corpers lodge and the building is very bad and there are snakes everywhere, a colleague was attacked once and almost killed with the attacker making away with her phone. Even the students are not helping themselves, they are not ready to read despite the fact that state government gives them free textbooks, the few ones that seems to know what they are doing are in the science classes and some in art classes, the commercial students are the worst.
Dat one na everywia... 95% of corp member wu served in public schools can testify to dat.....

2 Likes

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by nsaid(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2015
deris God cry
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by ifeoluwasegun(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pathetic! But he dare not.. Since it was culled from an essay job.
It wasn't a direct nailing on him. Just a paper work now, but sorryful it applies to his govt.
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by akinladedata3: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
GOd help us
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by dominique(f): 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
Even if he queries or even sack them, that doesn't change the fact that most public schools are in a pathetic state.

But that essay is a bit cumbersome for S.S.1 students. Most of these students can't even speak English properly, I don't know if they can understand and summarize it well. It should have been given to S.S.3 Students instead.

1 Like

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Why should he?
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by HXoritz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
kia....the leaders of tomorrow are living in the past....Govt pls help these students and provide a standard learning environment....
Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
Adeoba10:

Dat one na everywia... 95% of corp member wu served in public schools can testify to dat.....
it wasn like this in Ogunst during OGB's regime

1 Like

Re: Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam? by mu2sa2: 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
bushdoc9919:
The elephant in the room is simple.....government runs too many schools.

All that dates back to the 1970's...when flush with oil money from the oil boom.....we took over mission schools, and built new ones.

The result.....most states are sustaining too many schools on a limited budget for education.

(And yes, corruption happens, making things worse. But even without it...).

Already....some states have returned some schools back to the old owners. And I expect the trend to continue.

And some will be taking loans....like Lagos' infamous $90m loan for education.

In my opinion.....either we increase fees, or we privatise state tertiary institutions...and redirect the money saved to primary schools....whilst at the same time raising taxes, and eradicating corruption. And we may have to resurrect Oby Ezekwesili's old idea of PPP for many schools. Because.....while I have no doubt that something smells fishy in Ogun State education ministry.......even then.....the kudi is not enough.
U speak like a politician. Do u know that the budgetary allocation to govt house is higher than that allocated to education?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reminder: Reprint Your UNIBEN Post UTME Today / Intresting Things You Can Only Find In Nigeria(PHOTOS) / 20 Things You Should Never Have To Apologize For No Matter What.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.