Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out (639 Views)

"Erhiatake Ibori Stole My Husband" - Abioye Suenu's First Wife (Photos) / PDP Conducts Poll To Rate Buhari's 2 Years In Office: See Results And Reactions / Bimbo Daramola: "l Will Resign After 2 Years In Office" - Ekiti Guber Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by laidian(m): 8:32am On Aug 08, 2015
Operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Lagos
State Police Command have arrested a painter for allegedly selling his son for N300,000. The desperation to make money, the suspect claimed, prompted him to engage in the illicit trade. Kanayo Awurum who sold his two-year-old son, is currently cooling his heels in the protective custody of the SARS office located at the command headquarters, Adekunle Fajuyi Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.

SATURDAY THISDAY gathered, that if the mother of the victim,
Ugochukwu Kelechi had not raised the alarm and police subsequently rose to the occasion by arresting the father, arresting the culprits would have been difficult.

Sources said Awurum relocated to Lagos without money on him,
and as a result, he told his wife about his intention to use his son for a loan, with a promise that after three months, he would offset the loan and claim their son back.

His wife was said to have objected to it. He was said to have sought advice from his friend, one Ibe Emmanuel who advised him to sell the boy. “Ibe even went ahead to assist in looking for a buyer and found one in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, where the boy, Chukwunonyerum Samuel was sold to one Mrs. Chinwe.

“Ibe who assisted in getting a buyer was given N50, 000. Awurum rented a room in Ikotun with his own share. After some time, one of Awurum’s relations called him for a house painting contract in Owerri. He proceeded to Owerri, from where he called his wife and told her that the landlord should rent out the house to another person. The woman became worried and suspicious until the suspect stopped taking her calls. This prompted her, the landlord and the suspect’s friend to report the matter to the detectives at Ikotun Police station. The matter was later transferred to SARS. The suspect was tracked down and arrested. Upon preliminary interrogation, he confessed that he had sold his son,” hinted a police source.

Kenneth Nwosu, Lagos State Police Command Public Relations
Officer, confirmed the arrest. He said that SARS operatives were
detailed to go to Port Harcourt to arrest the buyer and also, to
recover the sold boy, adding that all those who took part in the
sale of boy would be prosecuted as soon as investigation is
concluded.

Three women have so far been arrested in connection with the
buying of the two- year-old boy. An informed police source at SARS has also hinted that the boy had been recovered from the buyers. Investigation revealed that the child was sold on 30th March, 2015 for N650, 000 to one Cecelia Nwatu, and not N300, 000 as claimed
by his father. The suspects, were arrested between 27th of May,
2015 and 1st June, 2015 in Port Harcourt and Enugu. The arrested suspects were identified as Nkechi Obi, Cecelia Nwatu and Gladys Nwobodo.

In her confession, Nwatu, 42-year-old, who hails from Nkanu,
Enugu State said that she bought the boy for N650, 000 contrary
to the claim by the boy’s father. According to her, she had three
children, comprising of two girls and a boy. The boy is an slowpoke and so, she needed a male child to bear the family name.

“Someone introduced me to the seller who knew when I was going to the orphanage to adopt a boy. On 30th of March, 2015, the woman called me and said I should bring N700, 000, that the child was available. I had only N450, 000 on me and so, I had to take loans here and there from people. My husband was ill then, and was in hospital for three months. I had looked for a male child to adopt in Enugu, but I could not get. That was how Nkechi Obi knew I was desperate for a male child,” the suspect who is a staff of Nkanu Local Government confessed.

Obi, 45, a nurse from Ikeduru in Imo State, who resides in Port
Harcourt and also a link between the seller and buyer of the baby said: “I don’t have a baby factory. The woman told me that she wanted to adopt a child. My brother told me that one Anayo wanted to sell off his son. But when Anayo came in person, I told him it was wrong to do that but he said he would write an undertaking.

So, he put everything in black and white. I told the buyer it was
N700, 000, but she said she could afford only N650,000 which she paid. Anayo collected N450, 000. They gave me N100, 000. I know it was a crime to buy and sell children, but since his father said he wanted to sell off his son and did an undertaking to that effect, I had no choice. As a nurse, when I was working with a doctor who is now late, he used to sell children under the guise of conducting abortion. That was how I came to know about the business. I used my own share of the money to pay my children’s school fees and the rest I spread on my business. I have lost my husband. I was arrested in Port Harcourt last week when my Landlord called me to meet him in a garage.

For Nwobodo, 38-year-old, who hails from Nkanu, Enugu State,
her sin was that she accompanied her brother’s wife, Cecelia who told her she was invited to adopt a son.

“She is my elder brother’s wife and she told me the boy she wanted to adopt was ready that I should accompany her to the
place. She wanted to adopt a boy because her son is slowpoke. I
was arrested on 27th May, 2015. I feel so bad that I was
involved in this. I am a clerical officer in my local government
area. I am married with three kids,” said Nwobodo.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/my-husband-sold-our-2-years-old-son-for-n-3m-wife-cries-out/216889/
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by INTROVERT(f): 8:33am On Aug 08, 2015
okay
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by Caseless: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2015
Men are fast turning back into animal they evolved from.
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by mecuzee(m): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2015
Women cooked their children for food in bible days. There is nothing new under the sun. We all know wickedness is on the increase especially these last days...
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 08, 2015
Its bad Stupidity plus poverty I suppose
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by zinachidi(m): 8:38am On Aug 08, 2015
he shouldnt have sold the child without the wife's approval na...
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by hakeem4(m): 8:39am On Aug 08, 2015
They'd be looking for quick money smh
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by witiwiti: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2015
The wickedness of man has no bound shocked
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by donholy28(m): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2015
The love of money is d root of all evil...wickedness in d making
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by Abugab(m): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2015
We know Igbos are good entrepreneurs but trading on children is a no no.
Baby factories, child selling and all manners of ills concerning children is highly common with my brethren from across the Niger.
How can one sell a child for such a meagre amount and have the conscience to spend the money?
The love for money......
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 08, 2015
End Time Things#Jesus Is Coming Soon#Are you prepared for HIS COMING??Repent now brothers and sisters ,cux HIS coming will be life a thief in d night.
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by Young03(m): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2015
KE IFE NDIA JI ETE ANYI UNI N'IRU

igbos trafficking humans
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 08, 2015
This man needs serious flogging

Meanwhile

starting a business, all you need know
http://collegereap.com/start-a-business-today-all-you-need-to-know/
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by mekaboy(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2015
Atleast he did not sell to ritualists. Who knows, maybe the boy would av had a better future with the buyer. Now the boy father and the buyer are behind bars.

What happens to the boy now? I am not supporting the sale.But considering the boys future as well.
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by laidian(m): 9:27am On Aug 08, 2015
Caseless:
Men are fast turning back into animal they evolved from.
Re: My Husband Sold Our 2 Years Old Son For N.3m, Wife Cries Out by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Industrious people!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

PDP Commences Sale Of Forms For Kogi Governorship Election / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns / I Am New Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.